Your shortest time at one club

So my journeyman manager, who I run concurrently with my Aberdeen manager, just left Gladbach at the end of the previous season. Wasn't getting anywhere. Finished one place above the relegation positions but anyway...

Took the Unirea Al job as it was the first one offered to 'him' (made up an alias for him), and proceeded to overhaul the side just relegated to the Romanian Second League Group 2.

Steaua sacked their manager and 'he' was heavily linked to the job so applied, was given an ultimatum by the Unirea Al board, resigned and was offered the Steaua job the same day. Currently reshaping their squad with only a week before the Romanian transfer window closes.

My new record of 62 days in a job. Two months people! In the sense on getting a job then walking out to get another, what's the shortest anyone else has spent at one club?

On FM11 I was Dover and after 15 seasons had got them in to the Championship. I was in the playoffs in about Feb when Hearts offered me the Job. I was getting a bit stale at Dover, and the board had just accepted an offer for my best striker who had gone to Man City. So I was annoyed with the chairman but still loyal. I agreed to take the hearts job at the end of the season.

The Dover boys were superb in the run in, and I finished second in the league and sealed promotion to the premier league! Then I walked and joined Hearts.

The new Dover manager quickly listed 4 players that were easily good enough for the SPL and I signed all four before the chairman with no warning at all sold the club. The new Chairman came in and promptly sacked me!

I had been in the job for 19 days and it was the day before my first pre season friendly, which was meant to be a return to my spiritual home, Dover.

So 19 days is my record!

(For the Record I went on to manage my real life favourite team, Gillingham who were in league one) I spent six seasons there, bringing them up from league one to the Championship. At Hearts, the Keeper I played became the English second choice Keeper, the Centre back captained scotland and the Striker scored over 120 goals in six seasons as Hearts won two SPL titles.

Dover ended up back in the championship as a mid table side.

Less than 1 day in charge of Brazil and I won a trophy!

On FM10, where Brazil managers were sacked quite often, I took advantage of this bug. Brazil had a reasonable group stage in the Confederations cup but a 0-0 draw in the final group game against Japan got the manager sacked, even though they still qualified for the semis. I applied for the job and was offered it on the morning of the final. Won the match, collected plaudits and then resigned later that day.

I did the sign at lunch, out by tea thing at Corinthians when I realised we were at the start of season and I had about a billion games to play that year.

I pretended I missed the flight and carried on looking round for a European job.

I took over Italy in FM11. Very soon (within a few days IIRC), I am chosen to replace Capello.

I doubt the Italians were too happy!

Sure they are used to changing sides xD.

I seem to always applying for international teams and then quit as I get bored quickly.

So far my shortest stint would be at Tottenham, I started at Malaga and won the Europa League against all odds in the second season, after the season both SAF and Big 'Arry retired so I applied for both and got offered contracts for both teams I chose Spurs because Man U won both Prem titles and wouldn't really be a challenge. Was doing pretty well G. dos Santos was a beast for me and Defoe was still banging them in at 32 or 33 I forgot, was sitting in 4th only 5 points off the top but decided to resign....for no apparent reason, now I'm manager of Wolfsburg who barely has a transfer budget and a depleted team, and also I'm suppose to qualify for a European spot. LOL well this is going to be a challenge.

Forgot to mention I resigned from the Tottenham post in the first week of March.

On my solitary FM12 save, 6 months at Everton. April 2018 - September 2019. Took the glory of their Championship winning side, then resigned after getting fed up getting spanked 6-0 every game in the Premiership.

All time, 0 days at Nigeria. I was offered it and accidentally accepted it, so I resigned immediately. I found the 'sensationally resigns hours after accepting the job' news item quite funny.

4 days...

Chile offered me the job. I had to win away to Uruguay to make the last place in WC qualifying and hope Ecuador lost. I drew and Ecuador won.

Greece offered me the job a day or two after and I accepted.

Great eh?

Sort of like this. I took over Ecuador 2 days before a final WC qualifier against Colombia - a straight shootout for a place, or some such. They hammered us, we went down 2 places, missing out on any possibility. Colombia's manager resigned and I took over. That was about 5 days that were eventful. IRL people would be yelling "It's a fix!!!"

Archived