Stop trying to buy McEachran, City...

Maybe peculiar to just me, managing Chelsea in the FM12 demo...

First week... Manchester City made a £4.3m bid for Josh McEachran. Rejected.

Second week... Manchester City made a £4.3m bid for Josh McEachran. Rejected.

Third week...Manchester City made a £4.3m bid for Josh McEachran. Rejected - Set McEachran Auto-Reject -> Reject All Offers

etc...

Manchester City made a £4.3m bid for Josh McEachran. Automatically Rejected.

No kidding, this went on on a weekly basis for the entire pre-season until the window closed. I would not normally pick up on this but it became such a regular occurence... Mancini just wouldn't take the hint.

Has this kind of thing happened to any of you?

u should of set his asking price to 15 or 20m. this normally stops teams from bidding unless they actually want to spend that much.

That's a good point. I always set it at a figure that I would be happy to sell them at so it becomes a win, win situation. They either withdraw or offer you a lot of money.

its not unrealistic. its city we are talking about.

Unrealistic that they are only offering £4.3m over and over again. If it was Manchester City they would keep increasing the price until they got him and probably would of started bidding at around £15m.

incase you didnt know Chelsea upped their bid each time ;)

mind you offering peanuts then upping it to peanuts and a bag of m&ms' doesnt really count :p

Haha, I thought Chelsea went up to £40m? If that's peanuts to you then your bank balance is looking a lot better than mine, mate!

From what I can gather the players asking price for McEachran must of been around £4.3M, so Chelsea mbid that. The asking price was not raised so Chelsea bid that again etc etc. I wouldn't say its a bug, just the AI being a bit thick and of course artificial.

If Chelsea are bidding on their own player, it's definitely a bug :D

I dont think they got anywhere near £40m, i thought it was around £20m and a few offers up but below £30m overall. Could be wrong obviously!!

Pretty sure they did get up to 40m at one point!

after all what i've read and this includes this thread .. i will wait until patch 1 or better 2 to start playing.

your gonna wait for a bug fix for something that is not a bug.. great.. logic wins here

Pretty sure they did get up to 40m at one point!

I thought they were holding out for around £40M or more, im sure i remember Harry saying that in an interview, again tho i could be wrong and you could be right.

If so ill change my statement to a bag of peanuts and 2 bags of m&m's :D

I thought they were holding out for around £40M or more, im sure i remember Harry saying that in an interview, again tho i could be wrong and you could be right.

If so ill change my statement to a bag of peanuts and 2 bags of m&m's :D

I think the media's assumption was that Tottenham were holding out for £40m but I genuinely believed Harry when he said he wasn't for sale full stop. I think it was right towards the end of the transfer window when Chelsea offered £40m. Either way, I really fancy a bag on M&M's now!

To the multiple responses to my Modric example, I suspect Chelsea put in more bids than were reported. Okay, for a better example, how about Barcelona going for Fabregas?

I read an interview with a manager a few weeks ago who said that during the transfer window he was getting 30 phone calls and emails a day requesting to buy his players - I'm sure many were for the same player and the same price, waiting to see if the player or club cracked. It's tedious, but unfortunately not unrealistic.

For me this is just Man City trying to unsettle the lad & force a situation whereby you either accept the bid or have an unhappy player, there are solutions to the problem that can be used in FM however the one aspect that I think is missing from the game would be a press release from the player telling Mancini that he is not interested in a move & that he should look elsewhere.

Messed up research it sounds like. Man City would not be chasing these players irl, they have shown they are after big names and youth projects with no establishment, eg. Under 16s. Also the other club wouldn't sell them.

If there's one thing that annoys me of FM its how they overrate PL players when the PL imports more players than it produces.

Messed up research it sounds like. Man City would not be chasing these players irl, they have shown they are after big names and youth projects with no establishment, eg. Under 16s. Also the other club wouldn't sell them.

If there's one thing that annoys me of FM its how they overrate PL players when the PL imports more players than it produces.

Clubs always pay a premium for PL players in real life, it's by no means a problem in FM it's just reflecting the real life market.

Probably only happening on the demo because of the small database on the English quickstart - so on the demo there are very few potential transfer targets for the AI clubs to go for.

could be.. theres only 6-7000 players.

Yip had the same thing with Miyachi at Arsenal. Bids of 2.8m over and over again from City.

Auto reject is fine, but why do we still need a news item about it everytime. What is the point of auto reject when the news story still pops up every time!

Well this just confirms to me that its a bug.

Well this just confirms to me that its a bug.

Really!?? If there was an auto-reject, you'd prefer not to know about any bids. Surely, in real life, if you had some form of agreement with the board to reject any bid out-of-hand you would still expect to be made aware that a bid had been lodged?

Maybe peculiar to just me, managing Chelsea in the FM12 demo...

First week... Manchester City made a £4.3m bid for Josh McEachran. Rejected.

Second week... Manchester City made a £4.3m bid for Josh McEachran. Rejected.

Third week...Manchester City made a £4.3m bid for Josh McEachran. Rejected - Set McEachran Auto-Reject -> Reject All Offers

etc...

No kidding, this went on on a weekly basis for the entire pre-season until the window closed. I would not normally pick up on this but it became such a regular occurence... Mancini just wouldn't take the hint.

Has this kind of thing happened to any of you?

Playing as Liverpool and they keep making offers for Jack Robinson. Started at 4.3 mil, went gradually up to 7.75 mil (i think), and then back down. The past couple offers have been the original 4.3 mil. I've probably rejected 10 offers for him, all from Man City.

Really!?? If there was an auto-reject, you'd prefer not to know about any bids. Surely, in real life, if you had some form of agreement with the board to reject any bid out-of-hand you would still expect to be made aware that a bid had been lodged?

Not sure why you quoted me then made an entirely different point but yes really. The fact its happening in every game(well ok, more than one game not every) all these times, something ain't right.

Not sure why you quoted me then made an entirely different point but yes really. The fact its happening in every game(well ok, more than one game not every) all these times, something ain't right.

I must've misunderstood your response. You appeared to respond to the comment you quoted re: receiving a news item every time a bid is made and auto-rejected, that such an instance confirmed your opinion that there is a bug. And it was to that I replied.

then reject the bid, with the "offer isn't good enough" statement

they usually come back with a better offer

i've used this for Miyaichi, managed to get the AI up to 6.5m

edit: still rejected that offer mind, but the offers did improve (about 1m per time)

Clubs always pay a premium for PL players in real life, it's by no means a problem in FM it's just reflecting the real life market.

For established players, not unproven talent. Especially Man City who you can see IRL only sign proven nternationals or Under 16 players for their youth setup. They don't sign this kind of player.

The premium price is to do with the need to have a set number of English players in the team not because they really really need them or value them.

I must've misunderstood your response. You appeared to respond to the comment you quoted re: receiving a news item every time a bid is made and auto-rejected, that such an instance confirmed your opinion that there is a bug. And it was to that I replied.

Was just stating that the fact its happening elsewhere just confirms to me somethings wrong. Sorry for confusion.

Archived