Do you intentionally or unintentionally have player bias towards a particular country?

I have just realised that pretty much my whole team is either from UK & Ireland or France. In fact, my entire attack is french (Le Tallec, Gouffran, Gignac) and I have Bocaly at centre back. The rest of the team is UK & Ireland (mostly England and ROI).

Anyone else have bias? I'm not particularly interested in hearing that someone who's just started a game with Arsenal has a french bias or whatever though - it should be something you've done through transfers in and out!

I have just realised that pretty much my whole team is either from UK & Ireland or France. In fact, my entire attack is french (Le Tallec, Gouffran, Gignac) and I have Bocaly at centre back. The rest of the team is UK & Ireland (mostly England and ROI).

Anyone else have bias? I'm not particularly interested in hearing that someone who's just started a game with Arsenal has a french bias or whatever though - it should be something you've done through transfers in and out!

Do you find that later in the game, there is more dispersion of quality players (regens/newgens), so you tend not to find the best players clumped in Western Europe or South America?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by N9ne:

Do you find that later in the game, there is more dispersion of quality players (regens/newgens), so you tend not to find the best players clumped in Western Europe or South America? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Occasionally. I mean, the best regens I've found thus far are Brazilian, Turkish, French etc; but there are also the occasional very good ones from obscure nations.

Obviously the game doesn't become full of amazing national squads for really minor nations; but there's no reason that it couldn't. Had some very good players so far from such nations, but the chance of more than one or two from the same nation, or lots from obscure footballing nations is unlikely.

Don't be surprised to see some unfamiliar names in the future doing well in the FIFA World Rankings, or some successful ones falling well down.

Hmmm. I intentionally have a bias towards players with crazy names. I'll always buy a Thorvaldur porrarison over a John Smith. So I do end up with a lot of Poles and Scandinavians.

My current game nearly every decent player over the last few years seems to be German. They are unstoppable as a World force. By contrast as Brazil manager I'm struggling to field a competitive eleven icon_frown.gif

VB

I tend to go for Spanish or Brazilian players, mainly because of the minimum release fee system along with the quality in depth.

A strange thing though, I'm currently in 2014, there are a mass of quality Brazilian players but the national team are 27th in the world rankings. The Spanish are top with 46 victories in a row!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

As Newcastle, my first team squad has no English players, but a Tongan and 2 Liechtenstein internationals. icon_confused.gif

Don't have more than 3 players from any particular nation.

Tis 2014. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a world-class defender through my ranks that's from that footballing powerhouse... the Cook Islands. Not bad considering they've got a population of about 25. icon_wink.gif

Have also got high hopes for a Fijian striker too. Now if I can just get the rugby ball outta his hands... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I never buy players from turkey </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same I don't like Turks so I never buy them

I generally like to scout Brazil, Argentina and Portugal for players.

When I had a couple season stint with Celtic, I brought in about 6 promising players.

Most were youngsters from the leagues I mentioned, but a couple made my fist team immediately, as I needed them.

I best signing out would be a Croation player name Rakitic from Schalke. He did wonders for me.

For some reason I always end up with a truly international mix of players (Arsenal style). They do however tend to be mostly European as American and African players leave for international duty at inconvenient times.

i find that about 10 years into games alot of good players come from netions like cook islands, monserrat and all them little islands.

this is my team:

(my star players are me albanian and kazaks)icon_biggrin.gif

Paraguay

Cook England Albania Welsh

Island

Holland

Argentina America

England

Japan Kazahkstan

so i guess my bias is tipped towards english speaaking people (cooks, america, UK)

I never have a particular bias, I just see the best player I can get and buy him regardless of nationality but upon looking at my current team I have a bigger bias towards England. I have 6 English players and the rest all all different.

In total I have 19 different nationalities in my team out of 25.

I tend to adapt my bais toward the league that i'm working in when in engliand i lean toward players from the british isles, when managing in geramny you have the pick of some good germans but also I buy turks(yes turks) and dutch players(who are godsends if you manage in Germany. Managing in Spain is pretty easy, you can always find excellent spainish players even at lower league clubs.

Italy is by far the hardest, there are next to no decent italian players at lower league claubs, even in serie A you struggle to find top players outside of Roma, inter and juve and if your managing AC Milan these clubs really don't want to sell to you. I'm currently for possibly the first time in a long time having to look outside of the league that i'm managing in for the majority of my players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

Hmmm. I intentionally have a bias towards players with crazy names. I'll always buy a Thorvaldur porrarison over a John Smith. So I do end up with a lot of Poles and Scandinavians.

My current game nearly every decent player over the last few years seems to be German. They are unstoppable as a World force. By contrast as Brazil manager I'm struggling to field a competitive eleven icon_frown.gif

VB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have the german league active?

I find you tend to get very good players from leagues that are active

when the mexican league is on, they produce amazing regens. without it on, they produce substantially less.

With germany i have found that with the league not running, they produce world class players, with it on, they may produce less world class player, but that would be because they produce more overall.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grff:

I tend to go for Spanish or Brazilian players, mainly because of the minimum release fee system along with the quality in depth.

A strange thing though, I'm currently in 2014, there are a mass of quality Brazilian players but the national team are 27th in the world rankings. The Spanish are top with 46 victories in a row! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to add, I have a domestic player bias rating of 1!

You usually get some bargins in Scandinavia and the Spanish minimum fee release clause can be very useful if you catch players at the right time. By best signing latley has been Japenese though, with the great name of Eddy Hsu

In my games I am always biased towards the country and continent that I am managing in.

So if I'm managing Tottenham, I'll have a squad with a majority of British players, plus some European players as well. I won't buy players from outside Europe though.

Similarly, if I was managing in South America, I would only buy South Americans, with the majority of them coming from the country where my club comes from.

I never intentionally go for any particular nationality, or even players from a certain continent. But when you're managing in the lower leagues, its a little hard to attract foreign players and its often a big risk as you can't scout them either, so most of my teams end up being full of homegrown players.

I tend to have some over represented countries, but it ebs and flows, and isn't the same throughout the game.

I had a squad full of brazilians at one point.

Later on, it was packed with italians.

After that I had a strong nigerian contingant.

And now my squad is overloaded with scots and english.

Archived