praying for patch 11.2

can someone please confirm something for me, im playin away on a save at the moment, bet into it, now the game could be better bugwise, but when i download patch 11.2, will the bug fixes definitley work on my earlier 11.1.1 save?

patches are usually save game compatible so fingers crossed!!

Am I one of the few enjoying the game? I have yet to have a crash dump. Didn't know they were happening in FM11!!

Each to their own though...

havent had a crash dump in a fm game since fm08 to be honest, the causes are so random that the OP's problems may not even be solved by the patch

Afew people like myself have't had the transfer bug which i find bizzare maybe just luck. ive seen afew players leave clubs for under there value but not seen any of the top players people have mentioned over last few weeks leave for nothing

Ima lso waiting for the next patch. I promised myself i wouldnt buy on release this year. But naturally i did lol. I hadnt even experienced a huge amount of bugs in the last few years just a few little ones. This is my first major issues with CM/FM and like a few of you i cant play due to the crash and cant pass date bug. The transfer system issues i could deal with if only i could play the game:-(

Note to self, dont buy on release next year!

Ima lso waiting for the next patch. I promised myself i wouldnt buy on release this year. But naturally i did lol. I hadnt even experienced a huge amount of bugs in the last few years just a few little ones. This is my first major issues with CM/FM and like a few of you i cant play due to the crash and cant pass date bug. The transfer system issues i could deal with if only i could play the game:-(

Note to self, dont buy on release next year!

Same here mate,I even posted on a gaming guild that I am member of that I would not be buying the game at release...the 1st time since I started playing in 97/98,as I am sick of being stung and not enjoying the game until the 2nd or 3rd patch hits.

I gave in and bought at release but for me it will be the last time,do not want to whine to much but I really am sick of paying full price for the game just to beta test it,I stopped beta testing games a few years ago as I did not have the time to devote the time required and now find myself paying for it.

FM is being rushed way to much now,I can not help but think that it is pushed out so quickly just so it is there for the Christmas market and regardless if it is ready.

For anyone that says "they will fix it in the patch" you are missing the point,the game should after all these years be released when ready....you have heard that line before..."released when ready"...yes that is for the patch's but does not seem to apply to the game itself.

I know in the future that if I buy the game again I will buy it in February when it is half the price and playable and the guys that paid full price have done the job of the beta testers.

Am I one of the few enjoying the game? I have yet to have a crash dump. Didn't know they were happening in FM11!!

Each to their own though...

in fm2011 in a little over 4 seasons I have had about from memory 3 crash dumps but maybe that comes down to me using fmrte big time

can i know when the patch will come out

I know the exact date....it will be on the 22nd of December...how do I know this?that is simple,my parents are coming to stay from that date for 10 days over Christmas so I will not have time to play and I will have to wait :p

Crashes can be caused by a tonne of stuff. If you're having problems give us a bit more detail on your PC and we'll try and sort them before the patch...

Honest mate should these sort of things not be sorted through beta testing?

I know in the many beta tested games I have done that they have a wide variety of pc systems from there testers,from just below specs to well above specs.

It only seems that come patch's that it seems to be slowed down and things sorted before release,I would imagine that if this game's release was given the same consideration as the patch's there would not be so much aggro on the forums.

Get the game ready then release and stop this "the patch will sort it" mentality.

No, I don't think these things should be sorted by beta testing.

Neither you nor I have any idea about the PC spec of the lad with the crashes. I've been able to solve crash dump issues on here by getting people to update Direct X or their graphics card drivers - which has nothing to do with beta testing whatsoever.

Customer Services provide even more support for people with issues and as a rule, if your PC is up to spec, they'll get you up and running.

crash dumps are due to a many number of things - some of which not even game related

ie... i suffered a LOT of crash dumps on my PC, then i put it on my laptop (better specs) and haven't seen a crash dump since

personally, i think patch 11.2 will be released on Dec 18, as the patch is normally available on Christmas day, and let's face it, they'll leave it as long as possible

Crashes can be caused by a tonne of stuff. If you're having problems give us a bit more detail on your PC and we'll try and sort them before the patch...

no use Mate, i'm putting mine down to excessive editing with fmrte and its only happened 3 times in just over 4 seasons. If it happened more than once a season then I would begin to worry bout it

I meant they dont fix the problems in a save game, you have to start a new game to see the effects which means the game is worthless as it stands.

nonesense! almost every single fix is will affect your saved games, very few of the changes if any will require a new game in order for you to see effect. Please read the SI posts to confirm this.

I meant they dont fix the problems in a save game, you have to start a new game to see the effects which means the game is worthless as it stands.

Not true. Patches are always save compatible. Data changes need a new save but I see no reason why anything else should require a fresh start. Obviously history cannot be erased so anything that has happened has happened but it will fix everything else moving forward.

Glass is still half empty then Mr Flyer?

Match engine fixes are generally immediate.

Some gameplay fixes won't kick in until the new season starts.

As a general rule only data changes require a new start.

so does this mean the weird transfers/player unhappiness wont kick in till the following season?

Lets face it, they must be putting a lot of hard work into these patches, so its best to wait as long as they need to make it as perfect as possible.

TBH I think they're doing us all a favour in bringing out a december patch (if this has been confirmed..?) with another big update due 2 months later for more fixes and all the transfer updates.

I think its best if we were all patient and deal with what we have for now.

Guest vegyegan

Well, it its in the next week or 2 I will wait till I start a new long term game. In the meantime I will continue to enjoy my game playing as a top team from the off.

Like I said whilst we were all playing the demo... I'll buy the game once the game breakers are fixed. :)

The Forums here are especially good for the onlookers (like me) that wait for the game to be rid of any potential game breakers by using the feedback given by users here to decide when we are content enough to buy the game. :p

Will I be content once patch 2 comes out? I certainly hope so... :) but I'll be monitoring the activity on the forums closely for a few days after the patch has been released before I consider investing in Football Manager 2011.

Like I said whilst we were all playing the demo... I'll buy the game once the game breakers are fixed. :)

The Forums here are especially good for the onlookers (like me) that wait for the game to be rid of any potential game breakers by using the feedback given by users here to decide when we are content enough to buy the game. :p

Yes the forums can be good for those of you watching for improvements but it should be remembered that the picture can be swayed one way or another very easily. For instance all it takes is a day of 'this game is rubbish and SI held a gun to my head and forced me to buy it' threads to make it look like a sack of excrement, or a day of 'this is the best thing since sliced bread' threads to take it the other way. These forums may let you get an idea of how good it is but honestly the only persons opinion that should matter is yours.

Yes the forums can be good for those of you watching for improvements but it should be remembered that the picture can be swayed one way or another very easily. For instance all it takes is a day of 'this game is rubbish and SI held a gun to my head and forced me to buy it' threads to make it look like a sack of excrement, or a day of 'this is the best thing since sliced bread' threads to take it the other way. These forums may let you get an idea of how good it is but honestly the only persons opinion that should matter is yours.

i completely agree i wasnt going to bother getting the game after reading the forums but i did and i dont regret it at all.

Yes read the forums, but get the game and make up your own mind, not everyone thinks the game is "broken" despite some of the over the top reactions on here.

i completely agree i wasnt going to bother getting the game after reading the forums but i did and i dont regret it at all.

Yes read the forums, but get the game and make up your own mind, not everyone thinks the game is "broken" despite some of the over the top reactions on here.

Point proven today. A whole heap of people in GPTG were unaware of some of the so called 'gamebreaking, life ending bugs' until I pointed out why certain things were happening.

Archived