praying for patch 11.2

Matt ... just to know ... becouse i remember one of the first post of Miles about cronology of patch release. The next patch will be release before christmas? we are near then? just to know ... because in my opinion ... FM11 it's playable ... and it's good to understand the new things ... a part some small bugs ... i found really playable ... but as you know ... we are always ... in search for the patch ... that i think could help FM11 to be perfect.

So ... have you got a date ... or a period?

Cheers Marco

Yes the forums can be good for those of you watching for improvements but it should be remembered that the picture can be swayed one way or another very easily. For instance all it takes is a day of 'this game is rubbish and SI held a gun to my head and forced me to buy it' threads to make it look like a sack of excrement, or a day of 'this is the best thing since sliced bread' threads to take it the other way. These forums may let you get an idea of how good it is but honestly the only persons opinion that should matter is yours.

Reports of Balotelli being offered to other clubs for 5.5m on many saves and reports of being unable to sell some good English Premier League side players even on a free on many saves tells me all I need to know. :)

That's not even taking into account the problems with agents asking for the biggest fees of all time ever and not budging, despite the players wanting to move to the club. :p

Reports of Balotelli being offered to other clubs for 5.5m on many saves and reports of being unable to sell some good English Premier League side players even on a free on many saves tells me all I need to know. :)

That's not even taking into account the problems with agents asking for the biggest fees of all time ever and not budging, despite the players wanting to move to the club. :p

Dan, I refer you to my below post, these people have played multiple seasons at the top level and were unaware of issues.

Point proven today. A whole heap of people in GPTG were unaware of some of the so called 'gamebreaking, life ending bugs' until I pointed out why certain things were happening.

Matt ... just to know ... becouse i remember one of the first post of Miles about cronology of patch release. The next patch will be release before christmas? we are near then? just to know ... because in my opinion ... FM11 it's playable ... and it's good to understand the new things ... a part some small bugs ... i found really playable ... but as you know ... we are always ... in search for the patch ... that i think could help FM11 to be perfect.

So ... have you got a date ... or a period?

Cheers Marco

Miles' chronology was accurate - we're aiming for a pre-Xmas patch still.

I don't have any idea of what that means in terms of release date for it, however. SEGA / SI shut down for Christmas on December 24th so I would estimate before then. Is that helpful...;)

Cheers

Matt

remember a few people complaining make more noise than the thousands of people who do not have a problem, after 5 seasons i have not seen any of those issues. Agents are no where near as big an issue as is made out, you just have to be paitent and learn how to work with them.

Dont just follow the crowd, make up your own mind.

remember a few people complaining make more noise than the thousands of people who do not have a problem, after 5 seasons i have not seen any of those issues. Agents are no where near as big an issue as is made out, you just have to be paitent and learn how to work with them.

Dont just follow the crowd, make up your own mind.

After playing the demo, and reading threads such as these two (which took me two minutes to find after reading your post):

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/243009-Transfer-market-your-oppinion?highlight=transfer

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/243333-Are-you-enjoying-the-game-as-it-is-at-the-moment?highlight=transfer

I really have no intention on spending £25 to run into the same problems that many of the different forum users have pointed out in those threads and many other threads, and according to a few posts that I've read... (not sure how much truth there is to this) SI have supposedly confirmed that there is a problem with the way the transfers are working at the moment, so SI have made up my mind for me, which is to wait until the patch is out... and then monitor the feedback on the forums over that week.

Here's the poll from the second linked thread above:

I am enjoying the game

130 52.21%

It's not enjoyable, patch ASAP

119 47.79%

If 119 people (47.79% of the voters) have voted against "I am enjoying the game" then that tells me enough to not rush out and buy the game just yet if I want to be confident that I'm going to enjoy my save and not run into the same problems and many of the other forum users out there.

So as to make up my own mind? I'll wait until these problems that have been pointed out by a lot of forum users to be ironed out first. :)

After playing the demo, and reading threads such as these two (which took me two minutes to find after reading your post):

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/243009-Transfer-market-your-oppinion?highlight=transfer

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/243333-Are-you-enjoying-the-game-as-it-is-at-the-moment?highlight=transfer

I really have no intention on spending £25 to run into the same problems that many of the different forum users have pointed out in those threads and many other threads, and according to a few posts that I've read... (not sure how much truth there is to this) SI have supposedly confirmed that there is a problem with the way the transfers are working at the moment, so SI have made up my mind for me, which is to wait until the patch is out... and then monitor the feedback on the forums over that week.

Here's the poll from the second linked thread above:

I am enjoying the game

130 52.21%

It's not enjoyable, patch ASAP

119 47.79%

If 119 people (47.79% of the voters) have voted against "I am enjoying the game" then that tells me enough to not rush out and buy the game just yet if I want to be confident that I'm going to enjoy my save and not run into the same problems and many of the other forum users out there.

So as to make up my own mind? I'll wait until these problems that have been pointed out by a lot of forum users to be ironed out first. :)

as i say make your own mind up, dont decide based on a few threads and a poll with less than 300 votes, this game has sold hundreds of thousands of copys, maybe a million i havent checked, so the figure complaining on here is less than 1%. Many of us do not think the problem is near as big as some folk make out, but complaints are always louder than praise, threads with praise will quickly die away whereas threads about problems are more post stimulating. There are extreme examples in some peoples games but things happen. i would go into it all but i have been shot down to many times on here to bother.

Enjoy the game when the patch comes out, if it improves the game from the way it is at the moment you will be in for a great treat, its a fantastic FM and with tweaks it will easily the best they have released.

as i say make your own mind up, dont decide based on a few threads and a poll with less than 300 votes, this game has sold hundreds of thousands of copys, maybe a million i havent checked, so the figure complaining on here is less than 1%. Many of us do not think the problem is near as big as some folk make out, but complaints are always louder than praise, threads with praise will quickly die away whereas threads about problems are more post stimulating. There are extreme examples in some peoples games but things happen. i would go into it all but i have been shot down to many times on here to bother.

Enjoy the game when the patch comes out, if it improves the game from the way it is at the moment you will be in for a great treat, its a fantastic FM and with tweaks it will easily the best they have released.

While I agree that this could be the best release ever after the patch's I can not help but think of a couple of things,now you may see these as nothing but I can not help but think of maybe the kid that has no idea there is even a forum for this game or that patch's are added later and he is stuck with a game that tbh is not how it should have been released,or indeed the people that have no idea whatsoever what a patch is and how to apply it,at best they know how to switch there pc on.

You may say they have to learn but in truth they bought a game they thought was basically plug in and play and in truth it is not.

While I agree that this could be the best release ever after the patch's I can not help but think of a couple of things,now you may see these as nothing but I can not help but think of maybe the kid that has no idea there is even a forum for this game or that patch's are added later and he is stuck with a game that tbh is not how it should have been released,or indeed the people that have no idea whatsoever what a patch is and how to apply it,at best they know how to switch there pc on.

You may say they have to learn but in truth they bought a game they thought was basically plug in and play and in truth it is not.

I do agree to an extent, but in the modern world most people who have access to a pc good enough to play FM will have internet access, if you really thought there was an issue you could find this site very quickly and easily. The people who buy through steam would never have to learn obviously but i have no idea the figures of sales through that application. I think the game itself has an update option at least older version did, i personally use steam so i dont have to worry about installing them, as you say it can be tricky.

I do wish the game came perfect out the box, we all do, but unfotunately in the world we live where it is reletively easy for game companys to release updates we will continue to have this situation. I really do sound like the biggest SI fanboy out there but i just dont honestly think its as bad as the forums make out. I held off buying the game because i read threads on here only to give in and not be disapointed, when the update is out i think ill be delighted, i guess i just wish more people thought like me! hahaha

to be honest the only reason i ever bought a laptop was for this game or earlier versions. have no clue about pc's internet etc. have learned a bit through installing patch's etc, but the first few years i played the game, prob around 99/00 till around 05 ish i had no internet, actually only had the net since fm 06/07. thats how backward i am. would be great to buy the game as it should be, without january transfers obviously. id prob even buy a game every september and january/febuary to save hastle of checkin for patch updates downloadin checkin the latest bugs etc.

i was the same actually, up until prob 04-05 i never really had net access and even then i never really looked for updates, only ever for transfer updates, only when they released it on steam have i kept upto date with all the updates, before then i hardly knew they released them. I remember a few pals taking round updates for older versions before steam but it was never something that bothered me. Even with FM10 i had no clue about any issues i was not a member on here and only realised there were updates when i turned steam on, apparently there were huge bugs last year, i didnt notice a single one, ignorance is bliss i think in this situation lol

yeah this year for instance i cant really get into the game, when it came out i was all set for spain but the suspension bug ruined that for me, then the hotfix personally worked a treat for my game, but dont wanna get stuck in coz there is another patch out soonish, but then with that by the time i get stuck into a save, the january transfer window be open, so its gonna be mid febuary earliest i can really start my game, im a bit wierd but i always want to get the game from release date and within a week start a game that keeps me goin till the next years version. only managed to do that once probly around 02/03 season.

i never seem to get a "real" game going until after the january transfers are updated as well now a days. I like it to be as close to real life in terms of the players starting at clubs as possible. After they are updated then i usually get stuck into a long game trying to take as many teams to the top as i can.

I will add a bit to my post that I have played games for many years dating back to 1978 and the acetronic system,I used to beta test games for about 10 years but stopped as I no longer have the time to devote to it.

When I did beta test EVERY time I switched on the game I was testing I would sit with pen and paper and make many many notes.

What has changed now is beta testing is viewed more of a "free trial" of the game and I would venture a guess that around 60% do not even bother posting in beta forums or giving feedback,so it is not all SI's fault.

I would also say the only game's I play(I do still play a lot)that require patch's after release to make them the game you thought you were buying is MMo's,of course they are almost living breathing worlds so are patched on a monthly basis.

The fault with FM is they push the game out maybe 2 months before Christmas with the attitude "we will fix what is not working in the patch's"

I honestly feel they should use there own words ..."release when it is ready",that is used for the patch's but never the game.

Again I go back to the people that maybe do not know of the patch's or indeed how that all works,they should not be left behind just because it seems ok to SI to work like this year after year.

What has changed now is beta testing is viewed more of a "free trial" of the game and I would venture a guess that around 60% do not even bother posting in beta forums or giving feedback,so it is not all SI's fault.

I agree with the free trial bit but it is SIs fault for not weeding out the people who dont give feedback or report bugs, its not as if this is the 1st year the game has been like this.

I agree with the free trial bit but it is SIs fault for not weeding out the people who dont give feedback or report bugs, its not as if this is the 1st year the game has been like this.

i agree the beta testers are the computer geeks who love typing on a keyboard all day long and dont test but purely play the game.

SI need to come up with a solution to employ only reputable testers who have posted comments on beta testing gameplay throughout the versions

why people choose to play a beta game is beyond me.. if you play a beta game surely it should be for test purposes. how can you enjoy a game in progress

Bit concerned as no one from SI is mentioning the patch anymore, I suspect it might be delayed or cancelled altogether?

???

Talk about making stuff up just to create noise.

Why would they need to mention the patch. The scheduled December patch. Its scheduled for December, always has been, always will be. If we get to January and its not out then you can make this noise. Why oh why would you post such utter tripe. Other than its in GD so probably won't be noticed.

Miles' chronology was accurate - we're aiming for a pre-Xmas patch still.

I don't have any idea of what that means in terms of release date for it, however. SEGA / SI shut down for Christmas on December 24th so I would estimate before then. Is that helpful...;)

Cheers

Matt

Thank Matt ... good to ear that.

Marco

Archived