I love the crazy stuff that happens in long term games.

colechelseamanager.jpg

Makes me laugh. But wait until you see who else he's managed..

colemanhistory.jpg

I really love my long-term games.

In this one, Cannavaro is managing United, and John Terry just managed Plymouth to take 5th in the League.

Gareth Southgate is managing Barca.

Paul Robinson is managing Benfica

Martin Skrtel is managing Tranmere

Gianluigi Buffon is recently unemployed after having managed Middlesborough and Valencia.

I currently have Ronaldinho, Arteta, Giggs, Vidic, Lahm, Chiellini, Ferdinand, Pienaar, Dede, Villa, Butt, Van Der Sar, Fuller and Stephen Hunt as backroom staff at Man Utd :)

Luckily if you are hit with a severe injury crisis, you could have some of them suit up for you :rolleyes:

i have ferdinand, dunne, cahill, keown, campbell, dani avles, victor valdes, viera, riquelme, g. neville, defour, jenas, garcia calvo (regen i signed who retired and stayed as a coach) and vagner love in my coaching staff. Trying to pinch ronaldinho and raul as well but not having much luck.

I have like 0 big-name coaches :p I just pick the ones that are good.. they can be anyone. About the biggest name I've had is colin calderwood hehe, and he hasnt played in years. I try to recruit my players when they go into coaching/scouting though if they're good. So far that's been a grant total of like 1 player and he left after a few years when he got head-hunted.

I have like 0 big-name coaches :p I just pick the ones that are good.. they can be anyone. About the biggest name I've had is colin calderwood hehe, and he hasnt played in years. I try to recruit my players when they go into coaching/scouting though if they're good. So far that's been a grant total of like 1 player and he left after a few years when he got head-hunted.

I will hire former stars regardless of how rubbish their stats are. Andy Cole? Most goals in a single Premier League season? Rubbish coach? I'll have him.

In my long term Fleetwood save season 2027/28

Jose Mourinho has gone back to manage Chelsea, Rio Ferdinand is managing West Ham United with Darren Fletcher as his assistant, Sylvain Wiltord as the manager of Arsenal after Alan Shearer got the sack.

Steven Gerrard is unemployed after managing Middlesbrough and West Brom, Fernando Torres is a first team coach at Murcia in Spain, Wayne Roney is a coach at Chelsea after being a youth team coach at Manchester city, Frank Lampard is a coach at West Brom. Those are the players I can be arsed looking for.

In my backroom staff I have Brett Emerton, Eduardo and Thomas Vermaelen as first team coaches. Taylor Twellmen and Nathan Jarman as coaches and Mathieu Flamini as one of my youth coaches

Tony Mowbray won the 2030 World Cup for England, then retired aged 66, also having had a long spell at Arsenal

Mowbray has been managing Arsenal on my game for a while now, I will quote this again if he wins the World cup in 2030 as England. That would be very weird.

In my current game, I have no famous former players as staff, mainly because most of them are simply awful coaches, however, there are some good managers around that were former players.

Steven Gerrard - Southampton

Andres Iniesta - Racing Santander

Alan Shearer - Arsenal

Damien Duff - Birmingham City

Johan Elmander - Burnley

Jermaine Defoe - Derby County

Manuel Almunia - Watford

Shaun Wright-Phillips - West Ham

Alan Smith - Barnsley

Rene Adler - Schalke (Manuel Neuer is his assistant)

Giovanni van Bronckhorst - Athletic Bilbao

Jose Antonio Reyes - Mallorca

Philipe Mexes - Lille

Ricardo Calvalho - Portugal

Henrik Larsson - Sweden

Robbie Savage - Wales

Lorik Cana - Albania

Ever Banega - Argentina

Samuel Eto'o - Cameroon

Kolo Toure - Ivory Coast

I like that fact that Ashley Cole is in charge of first-team affairs! Maybe JT should be his assistant?

I have Fernando Torres as a coach at Man City and my AssMan for Spain. He was already a club legend as a player so I had to keep him on the books. He makes a good technical coach.

Cristian Chivu is an excellent manager on my game. took over Shakhtar at age 32 and currently has them in a Champions League semifinal.

I've got Titus Bramble as the Rotherham manager (he's not half bad), Michael Owen is at Bolton, Louis Saha is France manager, Sylvain Wiltord has Burnley back in the EPL, Ryan Giggs is the Wales manager (on reputation only - his attributes are terrible). Saha, Chivu, and David Dunn (managing Southend) have the best attributes I would say.

Steve Marlet - Worcester, Darren Bent - Charlton, David Bentley - Fulham, Dimitar Berbatov - Belenenses (Port), Lee Bowyer - Stockport, Wayne Bridge - Stevenage, Jamie Carragher - Peterborough, Peter Crouch - MK Franchise, Damien Duff - QPR, Norten Gamst-Pedersen - Sheff Utd, Ryan Giggs - Southampton, Robert Green - Millwall, Marlon Harewood - Chesterfield, Diomansy Kamara - Wigan, Benni McCarthy - Newcastle, Paul Merson! - Swindon, John O'Shea - West Brom, Leon Osman - Portsmouth, Matthew Upson - C Palace, Djibri Cisse - Falkirk

I'm only in 2016 (as Liverpool) and my backroom staff includes Hermann Hreidarsson (great coaching stats), Rio Ferdinand, Jamie Carragher, Raul, and Zinedine Zidane.

Want to be careful with Herman on yoru back room staff - he gets relegated at every club he goes to!

Steven Gerrard is managing Bristol City in 2022 :eek:

I've seen this too, in 2023 though rofl. I'm 99% sure it was City and not Rovers but I'm in work. Carragher is my Assist. Manager at QPR. Agger is assistant at Denmark a year after retiring. Scholes is coaching at United under Juande Ramos who has been there 12 years now. Terry is at Portsmouth as manager, Michael Owen is managing a respectable Swansea team who are 9th in the prem and after a world cup and 2 euro cup wins, Stuart Pearce is back at my beloved Forest (and the team I started the game with though I'm at QPR currently).

Oh and Anelka is Assistant manager at Chelsea under Martin O'Neill.

2017 I'm at everton, Jermaine Jenas, Jamie Carragher and Ledley King are all managing in the lower leagues, with Colchester, Cardiff and Swansea respectively.

Rio Ferdinand is a high profile manager having returned Sunderland to the premier league and since established them as an alright side.

Henning Berg is the Stoke manager, and since an american tycoon took over they look like they could soon challenge for the title.

Sylvain Wiltord has just become manager of recently relegated championship side Reading.

Archived