Craziest World Cup Ever!!

Hi Guys,

I want to tell you the story of my 2010 world cup with england.

I was drawn in a group with France, Ecuador and South Korea. I lost 3-1 to France, drew 2-2 with Ecuador and scraped through after beating South Korea 2-1 because France beat Ecuador. I then played Germany in the 2nd round after being 2-0 down at half time and won 3-2. Beat Switzerland 3-0 in the quarter-final. Won semi-final 2-1 after extra time against Serbia and then beat spain on penalties 5-4 after drawing 2-2 after extra time. What a crazy world cup eh?? P.S. I then played Switzerland in a qualifying match for Euro 2012 and lost 6-2!!! Thanks for reading!!

The only thing that's surprising in any way is that Switzerland was in the quarterfinals. And that doesn't make it the craziest world cup ever. :p

In one of my saves, Ghana won in 2010. Against England, beating Brazil on the way. I'd say that qualifies as much more "crazy"...

Hi Guys,

I want to tell you the story of my 2010 world cup with england.

I was drawn in a group with France, Ecuador and South Korea. I lost 3-1 to France, drew 2-2 with Ecuador and scraped through after beating South Korea 2-1 because France beat Ecuador. I then played Germany in the 2nd round after being 2-0 down at half time and won 3-2. Beat Switzerland 3-0 in the quarter-final. Won semi-final 2-1 after extra time against Serbia and then beat spain on penalties 5-4 after drawing 2-2 after extra time. What a crazy world cup eh?? P.S. I then played Switzerland in a qualifying match for Euro 2012 and lost 6-2!!! Thanks for reading!!

First of all well done :)

Actually, doesn't sound that crazy in the context of English World Cup football history. Check our record in Mexico '86, Italia '90 and South Korea / Japan 02. We are notoriously slow starters and improve in the later stages of the tournament, except we usually go out in the QF or SF stage in some form of comedy tragedy but you broke the mould so well done again!

You should of walked away after winning the WC and left on a high. There is no better achievement for a manager. ;)

walking away after winning the WC then the Euros as well? thats rather a good feeling.

but England winning on penalties in any stage of the tournament is crazy, it just doesnt happen :p

My craziest world cup was losing in the final with Australia.

Craziest thing ever.. was awesome.

We scraped through the group stages, and then beat a few teams. But the best game was against France in the semi-final. I had about 6 out to injury, and we were down 2-0 at the end of the first half with a man sent-off. Then in the second, I rolled the dice and switched my game plan entirely from being a 5-3-1 (with the striker off), and made it a 3-4-2 and we scored 2 to take it to extra time, and then another 2 to win it. Capped off by a brilliant Vince Grella goal (has he ever scored???) from 75 yards out, similar to Beckham's LA Galaxy goal.

In the final i had lost about 8 players, most of them starters, so it was a good result to lose to Spain only 2-0 with players such as Jade North getting a game.

That match against France is to this day the best football manager game I have ever managed.

Sounds like something Italy would do on the way to winning a World Cup.

I did that with France once.

Lost first game, Drew second, then won the last game and made it through. I then improved as games went on and beat Argentina 2-0 in the final.

World Cups are quite hard to win in FM.

Are you the 92' Denmark team in disguise?

Group stage:

Denmark 0 - 0 England

Sweden 1 - 0 Denmark

France 1 - 2 Denmark

Semi-final:

Holland 2 - 2 Denmark (Denmark won 5-4 on pens)

Final:

Denmark 2 - 0 Germany

Now that was a crazy (European) cup. Especially considering Denmark didn't even qualify (we only made it to the tournament because Yugoslavia were disqualified due to UN sanctions as a result of the Yugoslav wars).

on my current save Paraguay beat England in the Final in 2010, and now Brazil are ranked 41st in the World Rankings in September 2013

Thats because Brazil dont play qualifiers and for some reason not many friendlys due to hosting the World Cup in 2014, happened since FM08!

a harsh lot you lot, it was certainly full of drama, to say the least.

back in FM06 I saw China take this route in the 2042 World Cup:

Group Stage

China 1 France 0

China 0 Morocco 0

China 1 Serbia & Mont. 2

(qualified in second place, four points to third place France's three)

Second Round

China 1 Czech Rep. 0 (AET)

Quarter Final

China 0 Argentina 0 (China win on penalties)

Semi Final

China 0 Brazil 0 (China win on penalties)

Final

China 0 Italy 4

foiled at the final furlong. The manager of that Italy team was me. I felt kind of bad about it.

i played as England in the World Cup, And My Final Was Crazier Then That

Drew With Czech Republic

Won Against Saudi Arabia and Chile

In The Group Stage

Beat Argentina in the Second Round on Penalties

Beat France On Penalties in Quater Finals

Beat Spain On Penalties In Semi's

And Then Beat CAMEROON in The Final Also on Penalties.

Archived