Message to SI: PLZ cancel this feature from FM2011

The idea of clubs sniffing around the corner for your staff is quite realistic, but the rate at which they do it defies belief. they literally spam your club with their offers to your staff and you just have to offer new contracts to prevent them from leaving. Its annoying that every season I have to battle other clubs so that I could hold on to my staff and you cannot tell when to expect one of those vultures to grab one of your Coaches/Scouts/Gks/Assist/etc away, it could happen mid October or even beginning of March which is a little bit unrealistic at that point, i once started a game all over again, because I holiday-ed for 2 weeks (prior to preseason) and came back to find 5 of my staff snapped by other clubs (more unrealistically clubs with v low reputation wtf???).

So I plead you to just scrap this feature off and let us enjoy playing without worrying about our staff :( ...........

PS: Atleast with players you can put them on auto-reject but with staff u r helpless but to fight (MANUALLY) for them ....

It needs to be toned down but isn't hugely unrealistic, smaller clubs offer better roles for your staff. One of my scouts got offered the role of youth coach in his homeland. I offered him a new contract he accepted my offer. A couple of weeks later they came back in and I just couldn't be bothered to renegotiate, thats my main problem.

This feature does need some improvement, I agree. As Chelsea, I shouldn't have clubs like Portsmouth, Wolverhampton, Newcastle, etc, poaching my staff, which seems to happen a lot, even after offering a new contract worth double the original.

Tbh, coaches need to use their loyalty stat

Sure, offer him a contract, but I only expect him too accept if he isn't happy or the offer is good (ie. better career prospects), not accepting just because the offer matches some mystical wage demand set by the game

Most staff IRL will either stick with a club or stick with a manager, probably only 1% go between clubs beyond that, and usually it's only too improve their career or because they are no longer happy

Of course that's a guess, after-all, do we really have solid fact proving one way or another?

But clubs should only go in the market for staff when they need it, not just for the sake of it, and then, look at the unemployed staff first... after-all you don't pay up £1M compensation then :p

Potential Realism vs. Gameplay.... I reckon gameplay should win out here, so lets make it less annoying please

Glad to see I'm not alone on this, the last time I remember reading something IRL about a coach leaving a big club was with Liverpool when Benitez's Youth Coach/Assistant (cant remember) left and that was because they had a dispute over youth team control policy (something like that). But how often do u hear of, say, Pat Rice leaving Wenger to join Wigan as a first team coach!???? I hope we get a reply from SI about this matter as it is seriously game ruining (to a certain point).

Regards,

Glad to see I'm not alone on this, the last time I remember reading something IRL about a coach leaving a big club was with Liverpool when Benitez's Youth Coach/Assistant (cant remember) left and that was because they had a dispute over youth team control policy (something like that). But how often do u hear of, say, Pat Rice leaving Wenger to join Wigan as a first team coach!???? I hope we get a reply from SI about this matter as it is seriously game ruining (to a certain point).

Regards,

Pako Aysteran - went to Valencia I think

I'd prefer to NEVER have to worry about my staff leaving. Who cares. I want them to see their contract out and never be poached. Can't be doing with offering contracts to them all throughout the season. I'd like this to be an option (to remove AI staff-poaching). It's not a big deal but it would be appreciated!

Tbh, coaches need to use their loyalty stat

Sure, offer him a contract, but I only expect him too accept if he isn't happy or the offer is good (ie. better career prospects), not accepting just because the offer matches some mystical wage demand set by the game

Most staff IRL will either stick with a club or stick with a manager, probably only 1% go between clubs beyond that, and usually it's only too improve their career or because they are no longer happy

Of course that's a guess, after-all, do we really have solid fact proving one way or another?

But clubs should only go in the market for staff when they need it, not just for the sake of it, and then, look at the unemployed staff first... after-all you don't pay up £1M compensation then :p

Potential Realism vs. Gameplay.... I reckon gameplay should win out here, so lets make it less annoying please

Part of the problem here is that coaches are treated like players in terms of being assets that can be bartered around. IRL they're not on huge wages and so are unlikely to want to hop around the country if they can help it. The game ignores issues like mortgages and family happiness so coaches will jump ship too easily.

It does get annoying. I virtually swapped staff with Chelsea in a save once. I signed one of their staff, they signed one of mine, I signed one of theirs, they signed one of mine so it virtually resulted in us swapping the backroom team.

It does get annoying that if you sign a staff member they have one of yours as a replacement.

You can slow it down by signing staff with lower reputations. It's fairly easy to find good scouts that are local or regional reps, good coaches is a bit harder but I've got a staff of at least 4 star coaches and only one has ever approached for another job and he signed a new contract instead of moving.

The AI teams pretty much always go for the continental rep coaches even if they have rubbish stats. That's why you'll find loads of rubbish ex international players coaching at top teams.

Part of the problem here is that coaches are treated like players in terms of being assets that can be bartered around. IRL they're not on huge wages and so are unlikely to want to hop around the country if they can help it. The game ignores issues like mortgages and family happiness so coaches will jump ship too easily.

This is very true

Tbh, I don't think coaches have a happiness factor also do they? So without adding that, the game couldn't set a decision based on it

Also remember, no matter how long their contract or how high their wages, the compensation is limited to £1M max

The problem is having to offer them a new contract to stay. They are programmed to accept the AI clubs contract without considering they are on a long term deal as it is.

Irl do clubs not have to approach other clubs first before talking to their staff?

Irl do clubs not have to approach other clubs first before talking to their staff?

Depends on location I would have thought

In Britain, a company has to legally let an employee talk to a new prospective employer if the employee wants to look at another job

There are a few legal loop-holes, but none that would really prevent them (except maybe the non-compete clause... but in terms of sport that wouldn't really be used I would imagine)

Sport is somewhat a major exception too many employment laws (something some governments are trying to change actually)

But as I said before, this is something where a gameplay solution should be implemented over a realism solution as you are really going into areas of laws that are governed outside of FIFA but within each countries governments

This feature does need some improvement, I agree. As Chelsea, I shouldn't have clubs like Portsmouth, Wolverhampton, Newcastle, etc, poaching my staff, which seems to happen a lot, even after offering a new contract worth double the original.

You mean like Steve Clarke when he went from Chelsea to West Ham 2 years ago irl?

Overall it's pretty realistic, however, the amount of times it occurs needs to be toned down a touch.

You mean like Steve Clarke when he went from Chelsea to West Ham 2 years ago irl?

Overall it's pretty realistic, however, the amount of times it occurs needs to be toned down a touch.

STEVE CLARKE quit Chelsea because he knew he’d never be offered the manager’s job at Stamford Bridge.

Source: http://www.thelondonpaper.com/thelondonpaper/sport/football/west-ham-news-steve-clarke-said-he-had-to-leave-chelsea-to-further-his

The point of discussion is coaches at big clubs should not just leave for simply no reason if they are happy and get good wages, at least they should state a reason why they would choose to leave and SI should tone down these events greatly.

Why don't you just give your staff high wage and long contract so other clubs has to a lot of money to get your staff?

Because in the higher leagues, £1M is nothing, which is the max you are given for compensation of staff

Infact you'd be better off financially of letting the coach go and getting another one

Exactly, providing one anecdotal case does not refute the fact it happens way too often. One or two times every few years, okay, but it seems when that time rolls around I'm having to double my entire staff's wages to avoid 10 different clubs having a go at them, and even then they are still at risk.

Because in the higher leagues, £1M is nothing, which is the max you are given for compensation of staff

Infact you'd be better off financially of letting the coach go and getting another one

Ahh.. okay. I normaly play with small teams, and I'm a poor manager who have been sacked a lot so I have never played with a big team :)

It needs to be toned down but isn't hugely unrealistic, smaller clubs offer better roles for your staff. One of my scouts got offered the role of youth coach in his homeland. I offered him a new contract he accepted my offer. A couple of weeks later they came back in and I just couldn't be bothered to renegotiate, thats my main problem.

Other managers praising your players also needs to be toned down. Every single day a new news item says a manager thinks one of my players is awesome and the silly thing is, when they have said this the player puts them as favoured personnel?!

Ridiculous and unrealistic.

I am suprised it hasn't been fixed/toned down in one of the patches cause I have seen this on the boards since the release really. It is very unrealistic, one of the worst parts of the game IMHO. If clubs would go after staff once in a while that would be fine. But I find it's very often the same clubs coming back every season. What bothers me the most is that clubs don't seem to have a specific target either, they just want a coach no matter who it is. For instance, playing with Arsenal, ManC comes in for one of my coaches. I give him a new contract and he accepts, next day or so they come back for another one and so the cycle contines through at least 4-5 different coaches in total before they finally leave me alone! What is more silly is one coach that did leave to City in one season...the next season he was crying about coming to join me!! What was the point in leaving in the first place? :D

Oh, and have anyone ever had a coach turn a club down when NOT offering a new contract? I've never seen that happen for me, seems coaches in this game has zero loyalty.

I'm pretty believe sure it has been toned down since the feature was introduced, just not enough to make a large difference

Concerning accepting contracts, as I and others have pointed out before, as long as the contract demands are met, they will accept it, always unless you've counter offered... and still, they could turn you down (had that happen a few times when the AI offered 2x more than the coaches demands lol)

Oh, and have anyone ever had a coach turn a club down when NOT offering a new contract? I've never seen that happen for me, seems coaches in this game has zero loyalty.

They always leave, Ive had it happen where I missed the news and it doesnt even matter what the club is, not one coached has stayed unless I offered him a new contract.

Archived