The 10.3 Patch Thread - No! It's not released yet!

So whats the script then?

This is a sigames forum specifically for Football Manager. I have played all football managers from cm 93/94 and consider myself I loyal fan. I have never had any issues with the game before but the last patch is a bit of a game ruiner for me so haven't played it seen Dec 09. I am dying for a game and would like the opportunity for people to chat, and ponder when it going to be out.

I can understand not having patch threads all over the place but all we have is a LOCKED 3 line announcement. Come on lads can't we have a little chat about it? If you want one thread open that for somewhere for us to discuss.

What do people think?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a sigames forum specifically for Football Manager. I have played all football managers from cm 93/94 and consider myself I loyal fan. I have never had any issues with the game before but the last patch is a bit of a game ruiner for me so haven't played it seen Dec 09. I am dying for a game and would like the opportunity for people to chat, and ponder when it going to be out.

I can understand not having patch threads all over the place but all we have is a LOCKED 3 line announcement. Come on lads can't we have a little chat about it? If you want one thread open that for somewhere for us to discuss.

What do people think?

Totally agree.

The announcement is locked because threads talking about the patch turn into drivel every time. Ideally, I'd like to have left it open but it wouldn't be a good idea because some people don't use threads like that seriously.

As for talking about the release date, there's nothing to discuss really, apart from speculation. The update in the sticky is all we have and will probably be all we have until the patch is released. Questions about the patch, rather than 'when's it out' are fine - and some are still open. 'What are you going to do with patch 10.3, for example.

I'll leave this open so you can talk about the patch but as soon as (if) it turns into drivel - it's going to be closed. Fair?

What do people think?

It's been tried before and it quickly descends into madness.

There'll be a feedback thread to discuss it when it's released but a general discussion about what should/could etc. be in the patch just brings all the crazies out.

I think we would be playing it by now if stupid Portsmouth didn't go broke

That's wrong, data was locked before that happened I believe

And OP, it's hard for SI to comment because, they are probably not certain on the release time, so they don't want to say a date incase they can't release it in time and face more abuse.

Maybe a locked thread in which SI posted a day-to-day update would be a better idea.

I think we would be playing it by now if stupid Portsmouth didn't go broke

I doubt a few database edits are going to cause such a delay in release compared to the date of previous releases.

More likely the other parts of the game are getting rebuilt, so the experience of the game will become more improved, and the bugs will be destroyed by antibiotics.

The announcement is locked because threads talking about the patch turn into drivel every time. Ideally, I'd like to have left it open but it wouldn't be a good idea because some people don't use threads like that seriously.

As for talking about the release date, there's nothing to discuss really, apart from speculation. The update in the sticky is all we have and will probably be all we have until the patch is released. Questions about the patch, rather than 'when's it out' are fine - and some are still open. 'What are you going to do with patch 10.3, for example.

I'll leave this open so you can talk about the patch but as soon as (if) it turns into drivel - it's going to be closed. Fair?

Yes, fair enough

There are a few specific patch related threads about, it is just the ones that are asking when it will be out that get closed. We tend to get a barrage of them around this time of year and there really isn't anything we can say to them that hasn't already been said.

Fair points lads I have checked here and tried to stay away since I saw announcement but now we are getting to the "business end".I am dying to start a new game. Its normally released on a weekend aint it? I remember last year it was a friday and I have a weekend of heaven.

I am not really interested in whats in the patch. if they mess with stats etc I will find it out as I play but just wanted to see if anyone had any idea or where we are up to. release date wise.

This is a forum, "drivel" is part of it lol, that is how we like to speculate and communicate with eachother. So why shouldnt it be allowed. lots of FM players are "drivellers".

Because it causes trouble. Me, CP, Neji and Dafuge in particular have seen it before and it only causes trouble. It has no positive purpose as there is very little to discuss.

This is our chance to prove the mods wrong. Let's see how long we can keep this open.

On topic, I do think more updates would be nice but I understand why there isn't, after all I suppose it would get pretty tiresome saying the patch is underway/ongoing etc.

I wouldn't mind a sticky of things that are getting looked at but people must understand that 'looked at' is not the same as 'being fixed'.

What people seem to think is that a date has been decided and it's being kept secret, but that isn't how it works.

As soon as the decision is taken that the patch is ready for release the mechanics for releasing it are set in motion, that could be in 10 minutes or 10 days, but once it is it's announced, nobody is hiding anything, simply the decision hasn't yet been taken.

Peter suggested daily updates but there isn't anything to update on a daily basis, the patch is either ready or not ready, there is no in between.

What people seem to think is that a date has been decided and it's being kept secret, but that isn't how it works.

As soon as the decision is taken that the patch is ready for release the mechanics for releasing it are set in motion, that could be in 10 minutes or 10 days, but once it is it's announced, nobody is hiding anything, simply the decision hasn't yet been taken.

Peter suggested daily updates but there isn't anything to update on a daily basis, the patch is either ready or not ready, there is no in between.

I meant on progress.

Probably nothing to say thinking about it.

I've been waiting for patch since January changed to February. This waiting is killing me inside slowly and painfully. It's hard to just wait. At the moment i got expensive game that isn't playable.

To be fair though, SI have always said that the patch will be late feb/early march.

I meant on progress.

Probably nothing to say thinking about it.

Quite so, because they don't start with bug 1 and move through bug 2 to eventually fix bug 101.

Different people work on different fixes simultaneously and then the whole is put together upon which all the fixes have to be tested and any knock on effects checked for too.

Quite so, because they don't start with bug 1 and move through bug 2 to eventually fix bug 101.

Different people work on different fixes simultaneously and then the whole is put together upon which all the fixes have to be tested and any knock on effects checked for too.

What about my "we are looking at" list?

Maybe what people need is an exact time frame, like between 25 Feb and 15 Mar, so people got a time period to look forward too, since terms like "late" and "early" are rather subjective. I am not saying I am on their side (I am still continuing with my save game as of now), but considering the money everyone pays for this game, it's not an unreasonable request.

and thats why after each patch tons of new bugs appear?

because the way bug A is 'fixed' and the way bug B is fixed aren't 'complementary to each other and cause new problems...

(I mean the fixing process of all bugs isn't a 'fit' approach' ?)

edit: I expect the 10.3 patch, which in my opinion won't appear before mid-march, will be a total miss like 10.2, thats what happens when you still keep on trying to repair a 1000x accidented oldy car... succesful companies on the other side develop new cars instead of replacing part by part... I HOPE SI UNDERSTANDS IT

If you've edited data on 10.2 is there any way of saving those changes and using them on 10.3 or will I have to start again if I want to use my changes?

You can still use your database without a problem.

The patch is two things:

A) Game improvements/bug fixes - you'll get this if you install the patch.

B) Database updates - You have the choice when starting the game which database to use, the new one that was released with the patch or your own.

Maybe what people need is an exact time frame, like between 25 Feb and 15 Mar, so people got a time period to look forward too, since terms like "late" and "early" are rather subjective. I am not saying I am on their side (I am still continuing with my save game as of now), but considering the money everyone pays for this game, it's not an unreasonable request.

SI don't announce exact time frames because historically these can't always be met which leads to far more complaints than the current setup.

and thats why after each patch tons of new bugs appear?

because the way bug A is 'fixed' and the way bug B is fixed aren't 'complementary to each other and cause new problems...

(I mean the fixing process of all bugs isn't a 'fit' approach' ?)

Yeah, but is there a better way? Bugs have to be fixed first before you can check to see if they work and if tey conflict with anything else.

I expect the 10.3 patch, which in my opinion won't appear before mid-march, will be a total miss like 10.2, thats what happens when you still keep on trying to repair a 1000x accidented oldy car... succesful companies on the other side develop new cars instead of replacing part by part... I HOPE SI UNDERSTANDS IT

I expect the 10.3 patch, which in my opinion won't appear before mid-march, will be a total miss like 10.2, thats what happens when you still keep on trying to repair a 1000x accidented oldy car... succesful companies on the other side develop new cars instead of replacing part by part... I HOPE SI UNDERSTANDS IT

Based on that theory then, patch 9.3 for FM09 should have been a miss. In fact 9.3 was what made FM09 good. Are saying that SI should create a whole new game due to the amount of bugs? If that is what you are suggesting then may I direct you to Championship Manager? Effectively a new game and bug ridden to high hell.

Wow there is an analogy.

Personally I don't think you can put Championship Manager/Eidos/BGS in the same sentence as success ;)

Aside from that cars benefit from parts being improved you know and FWIW historically the third patch of CM/FM tends to be the best and well received by most.

Archived