Loving Patch 10.2

• Administrators

Thanks very much for the appreciation. For what it's worth as a player and not an 'SI employee' I also feel this patch has made the game as strong as it's ever been. I don't think my strikers missed a game last season, now I have to maybe rotate a little and players pick up knocks. This is what management is all about!

• Administrators
why when i download it does it just save to my desktop and look like a sheet of paper icon? its usually a winrar file what i normally extract....any help? cheers

Rename it and add '.exe' to the title. You should then be able to unzip and run it.

i love the game now, far better than fm09, congrats on the good work and thanks for listening to all our "rants" and fixed the game according to them. the low fitness at the end of the game doesn't bother me, i think it's realistic, and i have proof of that. i play with aek athens and in greek superleague after a even sided game my players fitness drops to about 65% in the 80th minute. But when i played a friendly against a 3rd league romanian team , the fitness was 75-80% because the players didn't have to struggle much to control the game.

my only wish now is that when fm11 is released we won't have to wait 2 months to play it properly. Thanks SI!!!

And happy holidays to everybody.

Happy with 10.2 as well.

I don't really think that the fitness thing is an issue, and I'm currently managing a team playing in the Premier League and the Europa League. Sure, I have to rotate players a bit more but that's fine, previously some of my squad players were never getting a game.

Thanks very much for the appreciation. For what it's worth as a player and not an 'SI employee' I also feel this patch has made the game as strong as it's ever been. I don't think my strikers missed a game last season, now I have to maybe rotate a little and players pick up knocks. This is what management is all about!

With the previous game, i could play Torres every single game, so had no need for a decent back up striker. Its great the way I have to think about which players i may want to rest.

Brilliant!

Loving it, such a massive improvement. Not doing fantastically but ok, so i am not just lovin it when i'm winning. You can now grind out results when needed then shut up shop, and also turn on the style when your team is on form. The game now makes you feel more tactically involved than ever.

Great stuff!!

:thup::D:thup:

Cheers for the advice when i was unsure about whether to go for the new patch or not.:)

Personally I'm hating it. They've made selling players far far too easy. You have the cream of europe's elite going after average premier league players in bottom 6 clubs. I've managed to shift players who have been on my transfer list for practically a year, within 3 days of loading up the game with the new patch.

i am also loveing the new patch you have to use your squad more.

Agreed. I'm also pleased with the patch. It's getting me more involved with my squad, I'm having to think more. But the big plus is that the team is now tactically doing what I want it to, the players are defending better, and my Liverpool team is now playing more like Liverpool (not including this season ;) ) and less like Hartlepool. :p

Edit: And the performance on Windows XP has improved too.

It is defainetly nice to see people enjoying the patch too. Invariably with things like this those that are enjoying the game will be playing it, whilst those who have annoyances will come to the forums thus painting and inaccuarate picture of how everyone is receiving the game. Nice to see there are those happy with the new patch like we are :thup:

I presonally love it that a player is not 100% all the time any more. Very realistic. Great work SI!!

'Being able to sell players too easily' is not realistic, but you always have the option NOT to use 'offer player' option. Unless you do it, transfer market is good enough imo. I refuse to use that option to keep things realistic.

DeafParrot that is an issue that has been brought up by a few other users too. Could you give examples of players you've been able to sell and to whom? Cheers

I can name some for you robbie. On patch 1 i could only manage to get rid of one or two players when I started the game as bolton. Started a new game tonight on patch 2 and im getting 10m bids for j'loyd samuel, 5m for nicky hunt, 4m for riga, 5m for habsi etc. Im not complaining just showing you a few examples

I can name some for you robbie. On patch 1 i could only manage to get rid of one or two players when I started the game as bolton. Started a new game tonight on patch 2 and im getting 10m bids for j'loyd samuel, 5m for nicky hunt, 4m for riga, 5m for habsi etc. Im not complaining just showing you a few examples

10m for J'loyd samuel?! Obviously that shouldn't be hapenning unless hes had a quite spectacular season. Do you have a save game you could upload to the FTP?

10m for J'loyd samuel?! Obviously that shouldn't be hapenning unless hes had a quite spectacular season. Do you have a save game you could upload to the FTP?

Hmm i aint no wizkid on computers so not sure how to do this but it happens at the start of every game on patch 2.

thanks for the good work. was wondering when the patch was coming but totally justified with the amount of changes.

just to confirm, newgens from the point of patching, would be based on the new patch (after the season that the patch was applied, in existing savegame)

patch 1.0.2. .... playing with dortmund, in my first game owomoyela gets injured, is lying in the pitch on his back, then a white guy comes to him and then you see him SLIDING on his back like on a magic carpet to the sideline!!

great watch!!

i laughed my ass off!

thanks for making the game funnier :)

Well having stayed up playing the game all night, I can definitely say I love the game and the new patch has made it even better! Thankyou SI :thup:

And to people saying the new patch has made it harder - it really MUST be yor tactics! As before my teams were playing very good, now we are playing excellent, winning nearly every game :)

Archived