Loving Patch 10.2

I think this new ME rewards my tactics trying to actually play football. You see these tactics on the tactics forum that just play at insanely high tempo with their wingers and forwards high up the pitch for counterattacks, resulting in 40% possession or less. I attempted to play football on 10.1 and it wasn't working out but on 10.2 my exact same tactic is working out fantastic.

I always rotated my players anyway when I had a big match coming up, so fitness isn't a problem for me. Love 10.2

i LOVE the 10.2 patch, im not experiencing ANY of the problems that other people are, if im perfectly honest, im not even seeing that big of an increase in player fatigue, only thing i have noticed is the amount of high scoring games has dropped dramatically.

The ME is a huge improvement. I love the way keepers now seem to make proper diving saves.

Fullbacks now play as fullbacks instead of trying to be CB's.

Will take a while to get to grips with attacking tactics but my defence is now rock solid.

I'm still not convinced by the conditioning changes but I can't really comment as I've only played 2 games so far.

patch 1.0.2. .... playing with dortmund, in my first game owomoyela gets injured, is lying in the pitch on his back, then a white guy comes to him and then you see him SLIDING on his back like on a magic carpet to the sideline!!

great watch!!

i laughed my ass off!

thanks for making the game funnier :)

haha excellent!

This patch is brilliant, im loving the adjustments SI have made.

1, The player conditioning drop is fantastic, much more realistic.

2, The match engine plays out fantastically well, and the new play animations are a nice touch, overall it seems very balanced.

3, The new FM09 is nice new skin, however im going to stick with FM10 Dark skin.

haven't noticed too big a difference but then I didn't think that there was an awful lot wrong with 10.1(apart from fans confidence with player releases.) one thing I did notice once i installed the new patch I got a message the next day saying that my application for the dutch job was unsuccessful which I found rather odd since I hadn't applied for it and the current dutch manager had been in charge of the team for over a year in the game and there wasn't a vacancy. But from the looks of things I'm the only person this has happened to so I'll put it down to football manager trying to get me out of my current job!

haven't noticed too big a difference but then I didn't think that there was an awful lot wrong with 10.1(apart from fans confidence with player releases.) one thing I did notice once i installed the new patch I got a message the next day saying that my application for the dutch job was unsuccessful which I found rather odd since I hadn't applied for it and the current dutch manager had been in charge of the team for over a year in the game and there wasn't a vacancy. But from the looks of things I'm the only person this has happened to so I'll put it down to football manager trying to get me out of my current job!

Did you ever apply for an U21/U20/U19 position with the Netherlands pre-patch? As it seems to be the case that where junior international management positions weren't being filled, they are from 10.2. Therefore any old applications would give you this message if rejected.

Gareth Southgate is the new U20 England manager in my game.

• Administrators
You could argue that 10.2 was the game it should have been at retail but who cares now, definately best FM ever. Merry christmas to all at SI and all the lurkers on these forums ! (like me)

Many thanks and keep on lurking! :D

Archived