Fickle fans!!

Are the Middlesbrough fans just naturally as fickle as we are in real life or has anyone else noticed this?

Just got promoted finishing 2nd, everyone happy. In the premiership, given hardly any money (6m! for mid table!) and im finding after every result that isn't a win I'm informed the fans are unhappy. Just lost a 4-3 thriller at Anfield to be informed of the disappointing result, also narrowly lost away at Chelsea and City (1-0 both times) and same reaction id disappointment and anger from the fans... just doesn't seem to make much sense for a newly promoted team to seemingly have the same fans expectation as Barcelona!

I haven't been getting great results myself as Aberdeen, so I've seen realistic 'disappointments' such as getting beaten 5-1 by Rangers.

However it's very disappointing to hear of someone in your position. How the heck is losing 4-3 at Anfield a disappointment? Only if Liverpool ended up in league 2 or something. It seem very unrealistic, and you would have thought after three years with the same problems they would have been able to make this better.

I think this has to be patched if they can do it. I appreciate everything else they have done with this year's game, but board confidence and fan confidence is a huge part of the game that needs to be done correctly.

The result in question should at least have been a 'pleased'.

I agree As well i Just played man utd in the semi final of the fa cup with ipswich town

we were playing away and i lost the match 2-1 which i though was not bad going as i am only of my first season with ipswich and man utd are top of the premier league by 10 points and after my match my fans said they were very disappointed

how unrealistic is that :-(

The fans were very unhappy with me after losing 3-2 in the last minute away to Man UTD in the Carling Cup (with West Brom).

That is just the case, lacks a bit of realism as I played miles better than them and the same has happened in many other games.

Needs tweaking next year SI ;)

I just got pumped 3-1 away to seville in the champions league and teh celtic fans thought that was very poor! Our away from the CL is mince.

Also says Samaras should have started ahead of Fortune (Who was subbed in for the inj) or james vuaghan. Samaras is no target man!

I just had one of my players sold i didn't want to sell him so i said no

but the board stepped in and they said the offer was to good to be refused so he got sold

then three days later at the end of the month on my report

it said that the fans were very upset that i sold him and they sore it as a bad piece of business

i mean come on! i didn't sell him the board did and they are upset with me it needs fixing

I was 3-0 down by 20th minute in a rain and mud filled hurricane away to Livingston, tipped to win the Scottish 3rd division (I'm Albion Rovers tipped for 8th) I'm about 22 games in and 9 points clear at the top of the table.

I go all out attack throwing caution to the wind and team fight back to a spectacular 3-3 draw, the equaliser in the 89th minute 30 yard thunderbolt, the fans are chanting the lad Canning (scorers) name from the terraces. I tell the lads it was an amazing performance then head out the stadium into my car and turn on the radio and the obtuse 'phone in' is filled with Rovers fans (all 200 of them) whining that the away draw to Livingstone was a very dissapointing result.

It was at that point I realise I would have to donate a pound of flesh to the Supporters Club chief to absolve myself of such a disappointment.

Agree with all thats been said. Constanly getting " the fans are disappointed with the result " messages.Even when I pull of a great result , they are still disapointed.

Also whenever I let a player go - "the fans consider this decision an aberration" .

Well , Hes 38 years old for gods sake , has pace and acceleration of 1, and hasnt played for 2 years.

stoopid fans

I agree with all of the above posts. I get the message fans are disappointed with the result when we lose to better teams away from home, they may not be delighted that we lost, but surely it wouldn't come as a shock !

I also don't like the should have played x instead comments, completely worthless comments.

The one that gets me is when you scrape a win but the fans are still unhappy, we won for goodness sake. I don't care if my team IRL hammers a team or wins 1-0 with a scrappy goal...if they win i'm happy !

I'm in late October with Norwich 5th in the league, so pretty much mimicking real life, and my fans are out to get me and the board unhappy, whereas in real life us City fans are delighted with the progress the club has made after a disaterous few years!!!

I've went into the Russian 1st Division with the media prediction as bottom and board battle bravely against relegation. I'm mid-table and get the fans complaining all the time. A 1-0 away defeat to a top-side and they are crying. They are never pleased, even in my victories, and i'm definitely pulling above my weight. It's really disappointing. They also keep naming players who should be playing even in the tough 1-0 defeats as above.

I've went into the Russian 1st Division with the media prediction as bottom and board battle bravely against relegation. I'm mid-table and get the fans complaining all the time. A 1-0 away defeat to a top-side and they are crying. They are never pleased, even in my victories, and i'm definitely pulling above my weight. It's really disappointing. They also keep naming players who should be playing even in the tough 1-0 defeats as above.

Same thing happens with my lower league game. I get a narrow defeat from a heavy favorite and they are always disappointed. Also the players they suggest are often absolute rubbish compared to the one I used.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you know what really annoys me about this fan reaction thing? When they 'suggest' another player to have played instead of someone I selected when they were suspended!! No wonder they're only the fans and I'm the manager!

That is sooo annoying. Especially when they suggest a player that they lambasted the game before because of poor performance!

Managing Liverpool and Torres doesn't have the best of games. Fans were disappointed with him and say I should've started Ngog.

This is hilarious, a right joke, I noticed when you posted about it not long ago and I couldn't believe it.

What I am puzzled about is, the fact that FM10 is supposed to be a polished version of 09. Now if 09 was so great (I didn't play it so wouldn't know), then why are there still so many new problems?

Basically if this is an attempt to produce a polished 09 we are on the 6th version (9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 10.0 and 10.1) and some parts are still shambolic! The ME could be loads better, I hear some people said 9.3 was great so how can it have gone backwards if all they have done is 'polished'? :confused:

Answers on a postcard please, although I doubt that will be big enough so a billboard might be better.

Fan confidence needs removing from the game, it is just awful and nonsensical.

A 2-1 away win against a team 10 places below us (with both goals coming in the last 5 minutes) rates as good 62% in confidence. That's fine.

The next match is a 2-1 home win (with a 91st min winner) against a rival who are top of the table and also guarantees me a promtion playoff place. This rates as okay 50%.

Either confidence is completely broken or SI's opinion of the average football fan is insulting.

Basically if this is an attempt to produce a polished 09 we are on the 6th version (9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 10.0 and 10.1) and some parts are still shambolic! The ME could be loads better, I hear some people said 9.3 was great so how can it have gone backwards if all they have done is 'polished'? :confused:

Answers on a postcard please, although I doubt that will be big enough so a billboard might be better.

BGS' programmers break into SI Towers. They take a look at the ME, and think it's full of bugs, so they change it around to help their friends out. Unfortunately, they have limited skill, so they only end up accidentally sabotaging the game.

I noticed my fans (as Man City) were happier with a victory against Bolton than a comeback to win against Chelsea. :confused: I understand that City and Bolton are minor rivals, but surely they'd rather beat a big team like Chelsea?

I'm Port Vale in league 2, lose 1-0 to Liverpool in Carling Cup in a tight game and the fans are dissapointed at the loss and would have prefered my other good forward should have played....only problem is he's been out with a broken leg for 2 months, they need to fix this, it doesn't alter the game or anything but it takes away some of the realism.

• 11 months later...

Archived