How fast do you play?

Cause I am playing as Solihull Moors manager and so far have spent almost 19 hours playing and am not even in December yet!

I guess I am slowing things down a little as I am retaining all European players, but even so I struggle to think about how people can have done 3/4 seasons so far!

I play very slowly like yourself. I spend a long time in matches (around 15-20 minutes) and spend a long time on team selection, scout reports, statistics, signing players, looking at stats etc. I also spend around 2 hours at the start setting up everything - like tactics, training, squads, contracts and stuff.

ye im like hazzydeepy, i spend ages on stuff, its not the destination but the journey as they say (i think). but 19 hours and only in december does sound quite slow. how would u say ur time was divided? the match and tactics n stuff, or waiting for the game to process?

I spend a fair time searching for players, and I do tend to either watch the game in full or with extended highlights as well as trialing players often. My scouts are awful so trials help me no end.

I would say I play about 3-4 games per hour on average, I like to try and work out the strengths and weaknesses after every game and I even look into the form and watch future opposition play their games.

I play very slowly as well. I might be able to get 2 matches per hour if I'm viewing extended for a portion of each match, but I do watch the majority of a match in full. I never understood how it was even possible to manage a team without watching how they are playing and adjusting tactics when needed.

How do you play 3-4 games per hour if you watch full games? I thought that would last a full 90 minutes or am I missing something here?

The full games don't last 90 mins with me, I have the slider up a couple of notches - at a guess it takes about 10-15 mins max, I usually flick between full and extended highlights. Try it yourself for a bit and see!!

It takes me approximately 3 months to omplete a season.

I wish there was one more option between 'full' and 'extended' which showed between 45 and 60 minutes of the match as opposed to extended which has 20 to 30 match minutes.

Well i'v been playing my game for 20hours and 50mins, and im only at the start of october lol

I'm a very hands on approached manager though i do most things in the game myself

i clear my squad after every game

do all my training and tactics

set scout reports

get new coaches in

i watch my matches on Key

i just like to do everything myself, it makes it better when i win :)

how can that be? What does help you see what doesnt work then?

Nothing. I don't know enough about real-life football to have any clue of what tactics would work or not, so I just try to get the best players I can and hope for the best.

I'm really, really awful at this game, but I still like it :)

I play very slowly like yourself. I spend a long time in matches (around 15-20 minutes) and spend a long time on team selection, scout reports, statistics, signing players, looking at stats etc. I also spend around 2 hours at the start setting up everything - like tactics, training, squads, contracts and stuff.

What he said :)

I manage to play around 2 games per hour

With me it all depends on how my team are performing and my oppositions. When on a good run and playing teams that I know I will beat then I can get through 10-15 matches in a sitting (60-90 minutes) if I'm, having a bad run of form or if I'm playing higher teams then that drops to about 3-4 per sitting. It generally takes me 3-4 hours to get through pre-season and that's where I fine tune my tactics etc so I know exactly how I'm going to play against teams and what I'm going to do when things are going wrong during a match :)

see somebody asked how u know how your team is playing on quick highlights. well i just do, i know how i want my team 2 play and can spot areas where they are letting me down even when im winning a match comfortably. sadly iam half way thru season 1 at the moment, with family issues atm i dont have a lot of time 2 play at current :(

I watch extended highlights on every game and maybe even the full game if i know it's going to be a close game so that i can micro-manage things abit easier.

My current save isn't going to plan but i think i've played about 20 hours and only got up to January 2010 at the moment.

I'll be starting a new game tonight and intend to micro manage things even more so game speed will slow quite alot i imagine.

Neil

I watch each game on full match and stop it to make adjustments, react to AI tactics etc. One match takes me 20-30min so a full season takes me a few months (i work full time).

i dont bother much with cup games, play my squad players and watch on extended or key- or else id never finish a season!

I've played about 16 hoursish and am on 21st December 2009.

I do manage most things, from training to staff etc, but set about 8 tactics to use from the start and just chop n change where necassary or fine tune. Spent alot of time just trying to sign frees (bloody hard as pompey in this one haha).

Match days I have the game speed 2 notches from top speed and Key Moments.

I use Large Database and have all the following leagues as playable

England - Down to League 2

German - 1st and 2nd

Spain - 1st and 2nd

Italy - 1st and 2nd

France - 1st and 2nd

Scotland - 1st and 2nd

ALL others Leagues - just the top division

seriously don't know how some of you can watch whole games though. That is some serious dedication lads :D

Try it sometime! You'll get much better at learning how your squad performs if you watch a full match from time to time.

I'm on my first season - December 3rd and I've spent 21hrs playing so far... Of course, I may have left the game running overnight at some point :D

Try it sometime! You'll get much better at learning how your squad performs if you watch a full match from time to time.

I'm on my first season - December 3rd and I've spent 21hrs playing so far... Of course, I may have left the game running overnight at some point :D

lol - well that aint too bad mate - 21hrs and in December like me with only 4/5hrs more play cos of watching full games. Does your processing between games happen quite fast?

Quickly..I spend a lot of time researching players and all that during transfer windows, but otherwise usually play games at nearly full speed. If the game's real close or it's a huge game I'll usually slow it down after halftime or perhaps after the 60th or so - but other than that I like to fly through it. I usually have an idea of what I would change if things go bad beforehand, and just sub out players who are doing poorly or getting tired..so that doesn't take too much observation. I have about 10 hours of playing time (IIRC) and am halfway through my first season as Chelsea.

Archived