Making a legends database; who would you include?

I was considering making a legends database at the moment and wondering who to put in, at the moment I have;

GK

Barthez

Kahn

Shilton

Banks

DEF

Blanc

Desailly

Baresi

Beckenbauer

MID

Zidane

Gascgoine

Le Tissier

Maradona

Djorkaeff

Best

Cryuff

Zico

FWD

Shearer

Batistuta

Cantona

Pele

Van Basten

I was wondering what age should the players be put in, should they be free or at clubs, and if so which clubs.

Leave your thoughts on more players and how to go about it.

I was also aiming to know a bit about the players I am making and not go on opinions, but there are exceptions.

that database is almost as big as the one now :D.

the whole of Austria's 'wunderteam', the whole of Holland's 'total football' team, the Brazilian team of the 60's/70's, the late 70's/80's argentina.

Real legends, none of that Barthez Djorkaeff Cantona crap.

Here's how you should put them in :

you shouldn't, you've bitten off more than you can chew i'm afraid

i been thinking about doing something like this can just if i was to do it i really want to put the work in and try get players and their talent as real as possible, keep up the good work. :D

I had done something similiar before with previous FM, recreating my all time Arsenal dream team. but it's too much hardwork (editing) to be honest.

Elrithral said it, but I back him up Maldini

Also, cos you are lacking defenders, Roberto Carlos, Bobby Moore, Marius Tresor, Carlos Alberto

I disagree with Cantona and Barthez being on there Barthez couldn't catch

Omg omg omg also Peter Schmeichel he has to be on there

Ive made 4 so far;

Le Tissier

Zidane

Shearer

Van Basten

screenies? (and if you had some nous you should load up an old CM to get their att's ;))

How about Romario?

also Rivaldo, Cafu, Lev Yashin and Di Stefano

Yashin and Di Stefano are musts, although by the looks of it its more a legends* database. But the greatest player of all time has got to go in, Garrincha

*of recent years

To add to the players that you already have in you OP:

• Puskas
  • Schmeichel
  • Maldini
  • Eusebio
  • Moore
  • Law
  • Charlton
  • Cryuff

And many, many more. TBH mate, this is going to take hours and hours to complete and it will require brilliant commitment. Good luck, make sure you upload it when your done please :thup:.

EDIT: You should put the players at their most successful clubs and the club that they are most famous for playing at e.g. Puskas = R. Madrid, Schemichel = Man Utd, Maldini = AC Milan etc.

Cantona should go into the most overrated playters in the history of football database

It's a shame that the world is full of ABU's... If he had played for the team that you support, you would have been saying that he was a legend!

It's a shame that the world is full of ABU's... If he had played for the team that you support, you would have been saying that he was a legend!

legend of the game >>>>>>>>>>>>> club legend (e.g. cantona)

legend of the game >>>>>>>>>>>>> club legend (e.g. cantona)

The fact that he is mentioned in the same breath as Best, Law and Charlton at Man Utd kind of suggests that he is a legend of the game.

The fact that he is mentioned in the same breath as Best, Law and Charlton at Man Utd kind of suggests that he is a legend of the game.

Best, one of the masters of football who could beat players for fun whilst being kicked hurrendously, aswell as a personality (see him and rodney marsh trying to tackle each other for fulham).

Denis Law, ex-European footballer of the year, Man U for 10 or so years etc. etc.

Charlton, another master of passing, with a wicked shot, well respected, pretty much a one club man (kind of), world cup winner etc. etc.

Eric Cantona, won quite a few titles (so did quite a few rubbish players who happened to be at Man U at the time), beach football coaching karate eatraodineur

There's already a brilliant one out there. Stanley Matthews is about 18, Best too, and I think bobby charlton is 16 (but won't leave man u). Pele is still in brazil age 18 too, but some others in their prime - Cantona, Bremner, Lawrence, Shearer.

Check it out in the editor forum.

that database is almost as big as the one now :D.

the whole of Hungary's 'wunderteam', the whole of Holland's 'total football' team, the Brazilian team of the 60's/70's, the late 70's/80's argentina.

I think you'll find it was Austria's national side of the 1930's that was referred to as the 'Wunderteam'.

Archived