What's the most back-to-back promotions you have had? (without cheating)

I was just wondering how well I was doing with my gateshead save as I've taken them to Lg 1 in 4 seasons and in our first season there we are 6 points clear at the top at Christmas so maybe I can get 5 back-to-back promotions. I'm guessing obvoiusly that 6 is the most as you can't get promoted once you get the Premiership, but was just wondering how well other people had managed and if anyone has gone from Blue square North to Prem in 6 seasons?

I'm in my 3rd season with Welling United. Started in the BSS and gained promotion via the playoffs 1st season after a 6-5 penalty shoot out win. 2nd season won promotion again via the playoffs winning with a goal in extra time.

Two back to back promotions.

stormed league 2 and 1 back to back claiming both titles by a long distance.

well annoyed that my best striker during the league 1 campaign didnt even make it to favoured personel! he banged in 20/30 goals in his first season like a goal every game. without him it wouldnt be possible. plus he still banged in the important goals in the first championship season to keep us up, at that stage in his early thirties.

game didn't even put him on favoured personall, icons or legends or anything! stupid game. he's done more than was it dickov or macken done to get in was in man citys legend status?

Currently in League 1 with Farsley Celtic, after 3 successive promotions.

Play-offs in BSN after blowing auto-promotion on the last day of the season

Champions of BSP

Champions of League 2 with 106 points...

Now in League 1 with a £1m transfer budget and £21k wage budget :-) And can increase that to £36k if I adjust budgets..!

This after a £9.6k wage budget and £19k transfer budget for League 2, is now giving me lots of transfer options, and after developing a policy of 'evolution, not revolution', well.. have thrown that policy out of the window :-)

Building a side which I think can win promotion from League 1... season about to start... If I could have an in-game bet at the slated odds of 50-1.... well, I might put a little chunk of my transfer budget on it :-)

4 for me.

I took Hereford from BSP-L2-L1-CCC-PREM. I havent been cheating but they did have a tycoon take over. Strange, for some reason im still not in their favoured personel...

I have a tycoon chairman and im now in the prem yet he wont expand or build a new stadium. Consequently, i am now competing in the prem with a stadium with the capacity of 7700 :o

IRL i wouldnt be allowed into the prem methinks...

4 as well for me, but it was far too easy. Merthyr Tydfil got a Latvian tycoon 2 years in (on 9.2) so I stormed each league up to the Championship. Not sure what happened after that, most of my young ambitious players seemed to get sent off in fits every other match when I wouldn't sell them to bigger clubs and the money just ran dry. Fun while it lasted though :)

4 as well for me, but it was far too easy. Merthyr Tydfil got a Latvian tycoon 2 years in (on 9.2) so I stormed each league up to the Championship. Not sure what happened after that, most of my young ambitious players seemed to get sent off in fits every other match when I wouldn't sell them to bigger clubs and the money just ran dry. Fun while it lasted though :)

Same for me but with Bromley and a Yugoslavian tycoon. Was on course for 5 to premiership until game got deleted.

4 for me.

I took Hereford from BSP-L2-L1-CCC-PREM. I havent been cheating but they did have a tycoon take over. Strange, for some reason im still not in their favoured personel...

I have a tycoon chairman and im now in the prem yet he wont expand or build a new stadium. Consequently, i am now competing in the prem with a stadium with the capacity of 7700 :o

IRL i wouldnt be allowed into the prem methinks...

The board have now extended the stadium....by 4000 :@ If you cant do maths, my stadium capacity, in the Premiership, is now 11700 (N)

Mine is 3, with my current save. Have taken Dorchester from the BSS to the Championship but got stuck in the lower leagues early on. Bizarrely, I won promotion from leagues 1 and 2 with virtually the same team that won the conference!!

08/09 - BSS Playoff Final Loser

09/10 - BSS Playoff Final Winner

10/11 - BSP - Lost Playoff Semi (5th)

11/12 - BSP - Lost Playoff Final (3rd)

12/13 - BSP - Champions (107 pts)

13/14 - L2 - Champions (99 pts)

14/15 - L1 - 2nd Promoted

15/16 - CH - 9th

Its now got to the point where I've had to restructure the whole team to compete in the CH as the step-up is quite large. I've just lost my two best players on free transfers to Celtic and Leeds (worth probably a combined £1.5m) which has hurt. The biggest issue is the stadium - they've just spent £2.5m on increasing it by 1900 seats, bringing the total capacity to a massive 6900. Cheers for that.

Four, although it was through exploiting a weakness, which is probably cheating if you play LLM rules. But I got Harrogate Town up to League One in '08 using the excellent Parent Club advantage. So, not cheating in FM terms at least.

Outside of that, I took Leeds to the Prem in 08 back to back, but took me three seasons in the Championship.

I've managed to take AFC Wimbledon to the CCC from the BSS in 8 years which has included 3 back-to-back promotions (BSS - BSN - League 2). Managed 3 on FM08 with Burton Albion too. Once you get to the Championship it gets a lot tougher in regards to competing financially. As Richard evs said, a lot of money is spent just to increase the stadium by a fraction which hurts your ability to offer the best wages to get the best players.

I think I've done 3 twice. First with Mantova on CM03/04 from Serie C2 to Serie A. Ironically they came so close to doing the same in real life, but just missed out on the third consecutive one to Serie A.

Secondly I think I did it with Redditch on FM2007 from Blue Square North to League One.

Just got my 5th in a row

5inarow.th.jpg

I'm hungry for the 6th now,but got a sneaky feeling i won't get it.

Good achievement there with Hull...but i think the OP wondered how many back to back promotions people have had, not league wins.

Nevertheless, good going with City Hull. :thup:

Archived