SI now on Twitter

From wikipedia:

Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read other users' updates known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters, displayed on the user's profile page and delivered to other users who have subscribed to them (known as followers). Senders can restrict delivery to those in their circle of friends or, by default, allow anybody to access them. Users can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, Short Message Service (SMS) or external applications. The service is free to use over the Internet, but using SMS may incur phone service provider fees.

Personally, I've never really seen the point of it but each to their own.

Not entirely sure what the account will be used for yet, but SI are now on Twitter.

www.twitter.com/SI_games

The words "shot", "yourself" and "foot" spring to mind here, Miles. Now folk will be demanding daily if not hourly updates on FM10.

Monday 10.00 "we just fixed the corner bug"

Tuesday 12.00 "reviewed Rooney's ability to score 30 per season"

Wednesday 12.00 "released build v775 to beta testers"

Wednesday 16.00 "beta testers report goalkeepers scoring a lot of own goals"

Wednesday 17.30 "fixed GK own goal issue"

Or even:

Tuesday 12.00 "demo should be ready 10th Oct 2010"

Wednesday 12.00 "demo not ready - should be 15th Oct 2010"

Thursday 16.00 "demo not ready - might make it the 20th"

Friday 17.30 "gonna stop mentioning the darn demo"

And so on. Which would be nice, but I doubt it'll happen.

That makes you cool:rolleyes:.

He thought that Aiden Davis kid, the breakdancer, would win BGT. I knew he wouldn't, so hence we got into the bet. Was worth it in the end just for Peter to carry the location.

After a night with Peter it's no wonder she's booked herself in a mental home.

He thought that Aiden Davis kid, the breakdancer, would win BGT. I knew he wouldn't, so hence we got into the bet. Was worth it in the end just for Peter to carry the location.

After a night with Peter it's no wonder she's booked herself in a mental home.

Fair play then, diversity were brilliant:cool:

Considering your name, Schotsmannetje, are you Dutch, Belgian or Surinamer? Because I apperently missed that newsbit... Fill me in! :D

Btw, I don't think Twitter is that known outside the anglosaxon countries... I heard about it through reading the International Herald Tribune. My dad asked me once what it was, I didn't got any further (he's not very computer savy) than saying "a sort of msn with short messenges".

My GF is on twitter though... if I can convince her to follow you guys, I finally have someone I like being followed. :p

Considering your name, Schotsmannetje, are you Dutch, Belgian or Surinamer? Because I apperently missed that newsbit... Fill me in! :D

Btw, I don't think Twitter is that known outside the anglosaxon countries... I heard about it through reading the International Herald Tribune. My dad asked me once what it was, I didn't got any further (he's not very computer savy) than saying "a sort of msn with short messenges".

My GF is on twitter though... if I can convince her to follow you guys, I finally have someone I like being followed. :p

http://twitpic.com/1cpxn

This is the picture. For the entire story just google: "minister verhagen berisping twitter foto's"

I'm Dutch, by the way ;)

The words "shot", "yourself" and "foot" spring to mind here, Miles. Now folk will be demanding daily if not hourly updates on FM10.

Monday 10.00 "we just fixed the corner bug"

Tuesday 12.00 "reviewed Rooney's ability to score 30 per season"

Wednesday 12.00 "released build v775 to beta testers"

Wednesday 16.00 "beta testers report goalkeepers scoring a lot of own goals"

Wednesday 17.30 "fixed GK own goal issue"

Or even:

Tuesday 12.00 "demo should be ready 10th Oct 2010"

Wednesday 12.00 "demo not ready - should be 15th Oct 2010"

Thursday 16.00 "demo not ready - might make it the 20th"

Friday 17.30 "gonna stop mentioning the darn demo"

And so on. Which would be nice, but I doubt it'll happen.

I just need to quote it because the post is BRILLIANT! LOL! :D

People who use Twitter - do they actually even follow anyone elses Twitter account or just post their own narcissistic ramblings and think everyone is reading them? It has to be the worst site i've ever seen in my life - essentially just Facebook status updates and nothing else

• SI Staff

I'm on this Twitter thing now and I'm unsure what to do. If it's just posting random rubbish that I'm doing and pointless pictures then I'm up for it. I can't promise anything interesting though!

@terscotland

I'm on this Twitter thing now and I'm unsure what to do. If it's just posting random rubbish that I'm doing and pointless pictures then I'm up for it. I can't promise anything interesting though!

@terscotland

I'm following you...

God, sounds quite perverted doesnt it, bad job twitter :thdn:

• SI Staff

Proper "tweets" from the official SI twitter account likely won't start til August.

But.... what you can see at www.twitter.com/si_games is tweets from anyone who is part of the SI team or SEGA team who work on FM/FML/FMH and are on twitter. So if you do want to see updates on scorelines from the SI 5 a side teams, or what Ter had for lunch, or how Sam's hummus tastes, that looks like the page you should be visiting.

(my personal account is milessi, should anyone want to add me)

• SI Staff
rite so i'm on this poor excuse for a site, got me going for a minute with the whole announcement, until i found out it was re: war child as opposed to anything FM related :(

elgreeniouk btw

At least you found out the SI B-Team won 6-0 yesterday ;)

Archived