Will Martin Gavan be included in the next patch?...

despite the fact that he is too young to be in the game leading to the Mexican researchers to lie about his year of birth just so he can be in the game... He was born in 1993 making him too young to be in the game but the Mexican researchers changed his birth date to 1992 just to he can be in the game... Galvan is yet to make an impact on the Cruz Azul A team anyway playing only 2 games and not being listed on their A team squad yet even on their official site... There is really no reason for him to be in the game until FM 2010 as he is yet to make an impact beyond youth footie anyway... I don't even want to talk about his PA which is a scandal on its own...

If this is the case, I would suggest that he won't be in the game. It's the law that players under a certain age can't be in the game, so legally I would think it is not allowed.

SI could say that it is a player they made up theirselves, and has nothing to do with Galvan irl. But I would think, if he really is a year younger, he won't be in the game.

Obviously nothing to do with me though.

I'm not sure it's the law that players under a certain age can't be in the game - the way they sign up to the cumulative licensing deals may be different and perhaps require parental signature but if they're playing for a first team I would imagine that they have signed into one.

If you don't like him being in your game you can remove him in the editor, I think it may now be a bit late to request changes to the 9.3 db though if it's to be released at the end of this month.

It is in someways quite irritating no players come through before 14 on FM, and it was possible the wolves researcher didn't even know enough about this lad to include him in the game. It would be nice if regens could come through at 11 or 12, that would mean you really did have enough time to develop them into Messi style wonderkids.

infact it would be really nice if we could instruct our scouts to go out and look for youth players only (i am pretty sure we could in previous versions of fm) so we can find that really young talent easier

You can set an age limit on the players your scout is looking for...

The question wasn't whether Galvan has been in the game for while or not as i know very well that he has... With FM 2009 SI have made a rule not to include players who are U-16 in the game for legal reasons... He turned 16 years-old 3 days ago which makes him too young to be in the game as he doesn't turn 16 in the game during the fall prior to ther actual release of the game... It's not fair that other players in his age group are not included in the game by honest researchers who don't go as far as to alter his year of birth so that the game doesn't automatically erase his DOB and randomize it with every new game... Even if these players do get included in the game by accident their DOB's get erased which ensures they get randomized DOBs making them potentially ineffective players in the game (can even be considered some sort of a bug but an intentional one by SI)... If you include a player who is U-16 at the start date basically too young to be in the game in the researchers DB their year of birth gets automatically erased for the DB recieved by customers... Some of you are still failing to understand this... The Mexican researchers have failed to address this issue for months now I actually commented on this the moment I recieved the game some time during the first week of release...

Not only that no matter how talented Galvan is he shouldn't be getting such a

high PA as a -10

which should only be reserved for players who are actually playing on A team more often than not and are actually listed as an A team member of their clubs which Galvan is not as of yet... It also makes one wonder how a player who happens to have no values entered into his profile including his prefered foot and weak foot values could be given such a high PA... Has the researcher even watched this player more than the 2 times he appeared for the Cruz Azul a team? Do you expect me to believe that he can't even tell the foot Galvan prefers? Do you expect me to believe that he can't even tell a couple of Galvan's attributes at least does he have exceptional technqiue, is he fast, can he dribble well, I dunno what can Galvan actually do? But when you consider the ridiculously high PA's handed out in the Mexican research like candy being handed out to kids during Holloween I guess I shouldn't be suprised... And guess what a lot fo these players with high PA's don't have a single value for any attribute entered either full blank random profiles and some of these players are 22-23...

By the way I misspelled his last name in the thread title it should be Galvan...

The question wasn't whether Galvan has been in the game for while or not as i know very well that he has... With FM 2009 SI have made a rule not to include players who are U-16 in the game for legal reasons... He turned 16 years-old 3 days ago which makes him too young to be in the game as he doesn't turn 16 in the game during the fall prior to ther actual release of the game... It's not fair that other players in his age group are not included in the game by honest researchers who don't go as far as to alter his year of birth so that the game doesn't automatically erase his DOB and randomize it with every new game... Even if these players do get included in the game by accident their DOB's get erased which ensures they get randomized DOBs making them potentially ineffective players in the game (can even be considered some sort of a bug but an intentional one by SI)... If you include a player who is U-16 at the start date basically too young to be in the game in the researchers DB their year of birth gets automatically erased for the DB recieved by customers... Some of you are still failing to understand this... The Mexican researchers have failed to address this issue for months now I actually commented on this the moment I recieved the game some time during the first week of release... Not only that no matter how talented Galvan is he shouldn't be getting such a

high PA as a -10

which should only be reserved for players who are actually playing on A team mpre often than not and are actually listed as an A team member of their clubs which Galvan is not as of yet... It also makes one wonder how a player who happens to have no values entered into his profile including his prefered foot and weak foot values could be given such a high PA... Has the researcher even watched this player more than the 2 times he appeared for the Cruz Azul a team? Do you expect me to believe that he can't even tell the foot Galvan prefers? Do you expect me to believe that he can't even tell a couple of Galvan's attributes at least does he have exceptional technqiue, is he fast, can he dribble well, I dunno what can Galvan actually do? But when you consider the ridiculously high PA's handed out in the Mexican research like candy being handed out to kids during Holloween I guess I shouldn't be suprised... And guess what a lot fo these players with high PA's don't have a single value for any attribute entered either full blank random profiles and some of these players are 22-23... By the way I misspelled his last name in the thread title it should be Galvan...

Put PA in spoiler tags mate, a lot of people here will have been annoyed with you naming a player who isn't thatw ell known, but mentioning his PA in the open isn't fair on the people who don't want to know it.

Fwiw, spoiler tags are

PA here[/spoiler ] without the space.

Tbh you're verging on data issues here, so if you think there is something wrong then post in the data issues thread.

I already mentioned that I posted about this the week the game was out on the data issues thread for Mexico... I also went out of my way to post a very long post with several points about 2 weeks ago in the same thread... I am sick and tired of this issue being dismissed hence the reason why I am posting in the general forum hoping to get more people aware...

Sorry I couldn't have got to this thread before, I only just got Arsenal_211's message.

Doruk is 100% correct, Gavan, Millan, et all shouldn't be in the game. The cut off date is the 1st of September 1992. If a player is born after that, he is not allowed in the game.

Doruk, PM Mark Woodger (Woodg SI iirc). He's head of research, and should be able to help you out. I'll get over to the Mexico thread, and I'll see what I can do.

And whats the big deal?!?! can you tell me another player somewhere in the world who is 15 years old and have played for a well known team, such as Cruz Azul. Please stop moaning for such stupid things. Galvan is the biggest football talant with his age and he must be in the game, because we all want to have a good database!

And whats the big deal?!?! can you tell me another player somewhere in the world who is 15 years old and have played for a well known team, such as Cruz Azul. Please stop moaning for such stupid things. Galvan is the biggest football talant with his age and he must be in the game, because we all want to have a good database!

Hardly a "stupid thing" if its illegal.

I don't understand why or how this thread has gone off on a Wolves tangent.

In any case, it looks pretty clear-cut to me. "Whats (sic) the big deal!?" you ask, well the big deal is that it's not allowed in the first place. Pretty low to sneak him into the game by changing his DOB.

If SI want to be taken seriously as an international footbal sim, then it shouldnt be Eurocentric in its rules. If a 15 year old is playing in Mexico, then he should be in the game.

There are 15 year olds playing all around the world, why should only certain players be included because of their ability?

Either you include all 15 year olds or you don't include any.

They know everything! And, Elrithral, I am not interested in these 15 years old youngsters, who are playing in Forest Green or so, who now are and will be in the future well known only for their families! Don´t know about you! .. ?

Thanks, you've proved my point.

Who decides which 15 year olds should be in the game then? Whatever they do, there will be someone who isn't happy that the 15 year old future star that they know about, isn't in the game. The only way to avoid that, is to either incldue 15 year olds or don't include any. I'll ignore the stupidly pedantic Forest Green comment, in the hope that you are of sound enough mind to contest my actual point.

Archived