The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC Eindhoven 3 - 2 Catania

Gives Eindhoven a 4-3 aggregate win in the final qualifying round of the Euro cup, meaning I'm in the draw for the group stages. Pretty happy with that, Catania had the best of the game and at 2-2 were going through on away goals, but a 77th minute Eindhoven goal put us through.

Blackburn 1 - 2 Arsenal (EPL)

Good grief. Scored 2 early goals (17th, 24th) and then watched the second half from behind my hands as Blackburn battered us, they scored on 70 mins and then missed chance after chance, including a penalty and 2 or 3 open nets. Had I been managing Blackburn here, I've no doubt I'd be crying cheat - I have no idea how we held on. :D

In my sixth season as Liverpool. I decided to change my tactics for the first time since I started this save.

First match, beat Moscow in CL 8-1. I think I'll stick with this new tactic :D

No corner exploit obviosly.

Hmm... Second match, Home against Reading. 2-2

I did field my second string team, but still!

Heerenveen 2 - 0 Porto

I had the better performance, but they finished their chances, and Hulk and one of my star strikers (a regen kid) both missed unbelievable chances. Brings my 15 game win streak to a cruel and abrupt end. :p

Arsenal 0 - 3 Man Utd

YES! We now lead by two points with one game in hand. And Arsenal is second :D

I was surprised by this result as many of my players were injured or exhausted after the last World Cup run, but we still managed to CRUSH Arsenal!

Delightfull :)

My first match of the season after getting promoted to the Liga Vitalis:

32967766.png

:)

They slaughtered us in the first half! I felt abused the way they pressed forward and 'raped' our defence during the opening 30 minutes. It was horrific. The worst thing was we're expected to get Promoted because we're a 'big club'. It weren't a good start.

From 2-0 down to 2-3 is always nice though. :D The closeness of the 2nd and 3rd goals - and the thunderbolt of a 3rd goal - was breathtaking. The best thing was, while i'd bought in a lot of new faces during the summer, Richardson, my playmaker who assisted the second two, and Geraldo were key men in my title win the previous season. :thup:

why was victor valdes scoring for Barca!?

Anyway...

Torquay (Me) 3 v 1 West Brom

3rd match into my 2nd season in the Prem (got relegated 1st time around, but came straight back up winning the Championship)

Currently sitting 4th in the table between the two Manchester Clubs!

Phil Barton (dubbed the next Mickey Owen) scoring two with Paul Pogba grabbing the third!

Mon

Notts forest 0 - 3 Middsbro'

as a notts forest manager in 2013/14 season, this result is indicative of my constant "this is the seaon" mentality but which ends up being a slog for survival. I really wish i had taken the Bulgaria job now

Barnet 1-2 Luton

Awesome first half, bad second half. Wouldn't exactly say I was hanging on, but Barnet even had a man sent off late on and I didn't really do much from there. Took me 9 points clear at the top of League 2 though but most of that came from beating or drawing with all the teams in the top 7-8 over a period of 10 games or so. I'm actually finding it more difficult winning against the teams towards the bottom of the league at the moment.

Notts County 1-1 Dortmund

Enough to see me through to the Champions League final for the 2nd time in 3 years, the final will be a repeat of last time I made it. Hopefully I can beat Man City this time. Still playing FM09 btw.

howonearth.png

im honestly not sure how this hapend, my tactics was spot on, squad sellection was spot on, i picked the right subs, I dominated from start to finish, and still failed to score on 8ccc's

not fair, not fair at all

Archived