[FM21][SKIN] Football Manager 2021 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How To Stop the Blurring Effect when Processing

FM2016 introduced a new feature where when the main screen isn't the focus of the screen it blurs out, however if you don't like this effect it is simple enough to disable it, to do this simply browse to the following locations within the Base Skin you are using:
NOTE: For FM21 there are now two locations, so you may need to edit them both to disable the blurring.

\graphics\boxes\dialog\background
\graphics\boxes\bordered\blurred

Inside each location will be a paper xml file open them and locate this line:

<boolean id="blurred" value="true"/>

and change it to read:

<boolean id="blurred" value="false"/>

For your changes to take affect

If you have made any changes to the base skins (colours, fonts, graphics) to get your changes to show you’ll need to go into the Preferences -> Interface Menu and untick ‘Use caching to decrease page loading times’ if it is ticked and then tick ‘Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences’ then click confirm and your changes should be applied, if you have previously ticked and unticked the required boxes a 'Reload Skin' button should appear in the bottom left corner, if this button appears you can click that if the Confirm Button is greyed out.

How To enable Background Changes

The Default FM21 skin somewhat supports background images this year however the fade effect and the transparent titlebar cause some issues, so I have included my Background Support Mod within the Base Skins again this year.

To Adjust the Overlay Strength

If you browse to the boxes\custom\background folder inside the graphics folder for the Base skin you installed you'll notice several graphic files these are numbered by the level of opacity - 0 is fully transparent and 100 is fully solid. For the default file I have copied over the default fade graphic so not cause issues for people who don't use background images.

To adjust the overlay strength first make copies (or at least rename) the existing paper and paper@2x files so you can revert back to this if you need to.

Next make two copies of the file with the transparency you want and rename one to paper and the other to paper@2x. (The @2x file is used for zoom modes and higher resolutions and it's a good idea to set this file even if you don't need it to stop the game defaulting to a different file that may affect you level of transparency).

To get the game to read your changes make sure the skin cache is off and reload your skin and the changes should apply, it is then just a case of picking a level that suits you.

If you want to adjust the overlay strength then just follow these instructions with one of the other files until you are happy with the level of transparency.

If you have made any changes to the base skins (colours, fonts, graphics) to get your changes to show you’ll need to go into the Preferences -> Interface Menu and untick ‘Use caching to decrease page loading times’ if it is ticked and then tick ‘Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences’ then click confirm and your changes should be applied, if you have previously ticked and unticked the required boxes a 'Reload Skin' button should appear in the bottom left corner, if this button appears you can click that if the Confirm Button is greyed out.

How To Edit The Fonts

The font settings are now controlled by the various files located inside the fonts folder. For the base skins I have included all the default font files to save you having to go look for them. To edit the fonts its just a case of changing the various variables declared in the fontxml files, whilst to change the actual font you copy the font you want to use to the font folder and then update the font names in the fontxml files to match your new font.

Like with FM20 FM21 also uses the fontxml file format, however the format of the files is the same and you can open them with the same program you use to read normal xml files, you'll just need to right click on the first file and select the open with option in Windows first to associate the files with the program you wish to use. NOTE: The game will not read them if you change them back to plain xml files.

How To Edit The Font Colours

The colour settings for each skin are controlled by the <skin name> settings xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various colours used by the skin – you just need to open the <skin name> settings xml file and locate the relevant line for the colour setting you wish to change – the colour names and comments should explain what the majority of the colours control.

The colours are declared in RGB values, that range from 0-255 where Red=255 Green=255 Blue=255 is white and Red=0 Green=0 Blue=0 is black.

To locate the RGB value of a colour you want to use you can either use a image editing program to obtain the RGB Value of the colour or type rgb values into google and it will bring up several websites that list the RGB Values for various colours.

Note that whilst this file contains most of the text colour settings, some items are hardcoded, others are determined by the individual xml files and some others are set by the xml files in the fonts folder.

Also if you have the Skin Cache on you can change some of the colours directly through the game from the Preferences -> Interface-> Skin Colours screen

FM20 made some changes to how the Skin Colours work and a full guide will follow, the main things are a change to how the RGB values are declared, and the order the colours appear in the file is now important, but for the purposes of the Base Skins nothing has really changed as you should just be adjusting existing values rather than adding new ones or moving existing ones.

How To Recolour The Game Colours

Like with the font colours these are now controlled via the files found in the settings folder, and are changed in the same way as the font colours.

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various colours used by the skin – you just need to open the <skin name> settings xml file and locate the relevant line for the colour setting you wish to change – the colour names and comments should explain what the majority of the colours control.

FM20 made some changes to how the Skin Colours work and a full guide will follow, the main things are a change to how the RGB values are declared, and the order the colours appear in the file is now important, but for the purposes of the Base Skins nothing has really changed as you should just be adjusting existing values rather than adding new ones or moving existing ones.

2 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Brilliant work once again mate :applause:

@michaeltmurrayuk On the slashes of colour behind each club badge, is there any way to make them stronger - basically less washy?

The file is here fm-widgets\graphics\backgrounds\club colours to extract via the RA

just increase the saturation of the red. 

25 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

The file is here fm-widgets\graphics\backgrounds\club colours to extract via the RA

just increase the saturation of the red. 

Nice one thanks, I presume you mean increase the saturation via Photoshop?

25 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

yep. any paint program will do. 

I've done that, and added it, but it doesn't appear to be recording through into the game - does it need a config.xml or anything? or have I got the wrong path below?

Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/skins/base21_dark20/graphics/backgrounds/club-colours.png

Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/skins/base21_dark20/graphics/backgrounds/club-colours@2x.png

5 minutes ago, stevemc said:

I've done that, and added it, but it doesn't appear to be recording through into the game - does it need a config.xml or anything? or have I got the wrong path below?

Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/skins/base21_dark20/graphics/backgrounds/club-colours.png

Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/skins/base21_dark20/graphics/backgrounds/club-colours@2x.png

take out the hyphen and try again, in the client browser its     <widget class="picture" file="backgrounds/club colours" id="clco" red_replacement="primary">

49 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

take out the hyphen and try again, in the client browser its     <widget class="picture" file="backgrounds/club colours" id="clco" red_replacement="primary">

That worked, nice one mate!

39 minutes ago, Ryan377 said:

Thank you for these :D

Would anyone know how to remove the scrollbars in the attributes panel? Playing on full screen mode at 100% zoom. I had this issue in FM20 too (this thread) and I've tried amending the players attibute panel as recommended in that thread but with no luck. Previous thread

attributes.png

That panel is controlled by the player profile xml file found in the panels\player folder which you'll need to extract from the panels fmf file and copy over.

In that file locate this line near the top:

<container class="main_subtle_box" height="360" navigation_container="true">

And adjust the height value until the scroll bars disappear.

2 hours ago, MrGizMo said:

p3oBlGd.png

Just to let you know

BaseSkin the FM20 version

Thanks got it, looks like a couple of things on the inbox need tweaking.

For the time being you can update the rgb value of the bg tertiary colour name so the line reads;

<colour name="bg tertiary"      value="rgb(37,19,56)"/>

(which is the purple from the FM21 theme, unless someone has a better idea for a darker value as the cyan is used for the accent value?)

8 minutos atrás, michaeltmurrayuk disse:

Eventually but it will be a little while (as in next week most likely) as without a default light skin there is a load of white text that needs manually finding and changing.

One question michael:

spacer.png

Is there a way to put the "3 letters" on the scoreboard?

7 minutes ago, seagull84 said:

@michaeltmurrayukThanks so much for these, really helpful every year.

Is there a simple way to increase the size of player faces on the attribute screen. (or throughout) they are so small by default and there is so much lost space.

Thanks

You can easily increase it on the Attributes screen, that screen is controlled by the player profile personal details xml file found in the panels\player folder which you'll need to extract from the panels fmf file and copy over, in that file locate the code near the top of the file that looks like this;

<!-- Profile picture -->
<widget class="picture" id="prop" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="centre_x,bottom">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="
40,40,0,0" />

Those four inset values determine the position of the player face, in the order; top, left, bottom, right - so first number tells the game how much space to leave at the top of the container, second is how far from the left. Lowering those values will make the face bigger.

There is also similar code above that which does the same for the logo so you can play around with the positioning until you are happy, you can also change the bits on the other line as well if you wish.

Unfortunately there is no way to adjust the size of the faces (or logos) on mass, you need to manually edit the various xml files, though in various other places the game does fill the space.

2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You can easily increase it on the Attributes screen, that screen is controlled by the player profile personal details xml file found in the panels\player folder which you'll need to extract from the panels fmf file and copy over, in that file locate the code near the top of the file that looks like this;

<!-- Profile picture -->
<widget class="picture" id="prop" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="centre_x,bottom">
40,40,0,0" />

Those four inset values determine the position of the player face, in the order; top, left, bottom, right - so first number tells the game how much space to leave at the top of the container, second is how far from the left. Lowering those values will make the face bigger.

There is also similar code above that which does the same for the logo so you can play around with the positioning until you are happy, you can also change the bits on the other line as well if you wish.

Unfortunately there is no way to adjust the size of the faces (or logos) on mass, you need to manually edit the various xml files, though in various other places the game does fill the space.

Apologies @michaeltmurrayuk, one further question please.

How do I extract the necessary file? I'd assumed I would find it within the panels subfolder - I'm hoping to do it within your FM21 Base dark skin

EDIT - Since asking I've found your really helpful how to guides and have extracted the panels folder, once I've done the necessary edits and to play around with the sizing can I copy the file into your FM21 Base Dark skin folder for it to take effect or do I need to copy over the master folder in my steamapps>sports interactive folder? 

Should have looked through all your step by step guides initially... thank you so much for those, I've now got it all exactly as I would like. Have never extracted or played around with any of these files or coding before so thank you for such clear and easy to follow guides - made something that looks very intimidating to a complete novice actually very easy! Appreciated.

Edited by seagull84

14 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

That panel is controlled by the player profile xml file found in the panels\player folder which you'll need to extract from the panels fmf file and copy over.

In that file locate this line near the top:

<container class="main_subtle_box" height="360" navigation_container="true">

And adjust the height value until the scroll bars disappear.

Working perfectly, thanks as always Michael. 

12 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Thanks got it, looks like a couple of things on the inbox need tweaking.

For the time being you can update the rgb value of the bg tertiary colour name so the line reads;

(which is the purple from the FM21 theme, unless someone has a better idea for a darker value as the cyan is used for the accent value?)

Thanks. but i guess i wait until a fix is out :P

41 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Hi @michaeltmurrayuk, I've download your Base21 Dark (FM20) Skin but on the Media Screens, the information bar is bright yellow so you can't read the type off it - any idea how we change it and make it readable?

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 13.30.33.png

Michael posted the answer to this a few posts back. You need to go into the settings folder and open the settings.xml file. In there change the following value 

Change the red values to a colour of your choosing as this sets it to the purple colour that is used in FM21.

21 minutes ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Michael posted the answer to this a few posts back. You need to go into the settings folder and open the settings.xml file. In there change the following value 

Change the red values to a colour of your choosing as this sets it to the purple colour that is used in FM21.

Thanks mate, apologies, I should have read the full thread - cheers for your help though. :thup:

fantastic as always michael.

can i ask will you be able to do anything with MIBH screens at all this year? as much as like some of the new features i hate the new format there and loved the last few years layout.. any way of getting any of that back?

Can you get a skin that shows the green circles for positioning and the names on it tried loading in some skins but not found one that shows green circles and names can not be bothered keeping having to go into the players on the new one its terrible and why has this been changed? 

This was last seasons and it was the same the year before but now its changed 

FM20 TACTICKS .png

10 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

<!-- Profile picture -->
40,40,0,0" />

I cannot find the panels\player folder. I only have a client_object folder within panels, forgive me if I'm being thick.

Also how do I colour the bar at the top when on a team screen (ideally coloured to match the team colours), its currently see-through.

Edited by Barnetfan

Awesome, just what i needed. Love the FMBase21 dark skin. Having dark skin and no bright white that hurts the eyes, and keeping the purple of the official one which gives u the feeling ur playing FM21, is just a very nice combination. Like it, Thanks alot! 

Edited by f.zaarour

I’ve noticed that bright yellow colour come thru in a few other panels too, it’s also on the football pitch in Scouting > Players > New Search in the pop up window...

The pitch is yellow, but when you click it, it turns to the green in the skin. Any idea where the code is to change that and remove the yellow from the pitch?

Edited by stevemc

Okay so not sure what I have done here but during a match the pitch isn't displaying. I watch matches in 2D classic. I have been editing panels for my skin and edited the client object browser.xml panel. I thought that it could be down to this so I removed that panel and left the default one unedited in my skin and it still doesn't show. This is what it looks like

1908432145_Screenshot2020-11-25at20_12_52.thumb.png.87e763ac45ef75bc3a3945afcbda921c.png

1 minute ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Okay so not sure what I have done here but during a match the pitch isn't displaying. I watch matches in 2D classic. I have been editing panels for my skin and edited the client object browser.xml panel. I thought that it could be down to this so I removed that panel and left the default one unedited in my skin and it still doesn't show. This is what it looks like

1908432145_Screenshot2020-11-25at20_12_52.thumb.png.87e763ac45ef75bc3a3945afcbda921c.png

Did you make the changes in the middle of a match? you might have to reload completed for changes to take place for the client browser.

Just now, Alexpuk2002 said:

I reloaded the skin during the match when I removed my client object browser.xml file and replaced it with the original. I'll see if it happens during the next match after reloading the skin out of the match screen

Usually the best way if changed stuff in the 3d part, it can be a bit tempremental.