[FM20] Iron Curtain - In hindsight everything is 2020 (Released)

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the 1988 Concacaf Champions Cup you will see two US teams qualiifying, the Seattle Mitre Eagles and the Washington Diplomats, so there will be two US teams.

Because of the changes in the US football landscape I am contemplating what the qualfiers are.

True. Diplomats were a first year team, but most of the players from the team that disbanded after winning the US Open went to Diplomats, so US Soccer might have decided the Diplomats were the continuence of that team.

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

If you look at the 1988 Concacaf Champions Cup you will see two US teams qualiifying, the Seattle Mitre Eagles and the Washington Diplomats, so there will be two US teams.

Because of the changes in the US football landscape I am contemplating what the qualfiers are.

Surely just take the MLS cup winner and the Open Cup winner? So Seattle and Atlanta.

3 hours ago, anitamui said:

But,Diplomats did not have a League when they're involved in the 1988 Concacaf Cup...

They were the defending ASL champions at the time, hence their invite.

18 minutes ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Surely just take the MLS cup winner and the Open Cup winner? So Seattle and Atlanta.

I had the MLS Cup and Supporters Shield, but with the Open Cup being the oldest US competition, using the MLS Cup and Open Cup makes sense. Good suggestion.

22 minutes ago, Unknown Hacker said:

They were the defending ASL champions at the time, hence their invite.

Not sure about defending ASL champions, as they won the playoffs in august, while the Concacaf Champions Cup Diplomats games were already played in June.

Anyway, it is 32 years ago, so it is kinda hard to find what the exact reason was and it isn't a decider for what I am going to do ;)

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Not sure about defending ASL champions, as they won the playoffs in august, while the Concacaf Champions Cup Diplomats games were already played in June.

Anyway, it is 32 years ago, so it is kinda hard to find what the exact reason was and it isn't a decider for what I am going to do ;)

Yeah you're right. I'd looked at the wrong dates. I'm presuming that as you said earlier they were seen as a successor to the 1987 cup winners.

Tonight I have finished building the last international competition.
So what is next?

First is reviewing all competition to see if they work well and pick out those little errors.
Next is moving players and balancing teams and competitions.

And finally is releasing this beast, but you have to wait another week before I reveal the release date :)

In the meantime I will release some more Foreign Players rules and post lists of the competitions I have done.

Am I done after that? No, I have several upgrades in mind because I had to leave some stuff out because of time and calender constraints. These things will come in the FM21 release.

Also, you might not realise this, but Iron Curtain 2020 will be my first ever release for FM. Yeah, I am not kidding here :D

24 minuti fa, Wolf_pd ha scritto:

Also, you might not realise this, but Iron Curtain 2020 will be my first ever release for FM. Yeah, I am not kidding here

only the best take on the most difficult task right from the start. That is a tradition among us who do the Iron Curtain :D

seriously though, I doubt there are many databases more complex than this. 

9 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

only the best take on the most difficult task right from the start. That is a tradition among us who do the Iron Curtain :D

seriously though, I doubt there are many databases more complex than this. 

And I might have added a layer of complexity as well as extensive as it has become.

6 hours ago, anitamui said:

How about making a version of the Continental Rules and International Rules that is working with the default DB?

It should be possible, because it is either replacing or adding countries to competition, but is not on the list at the moment.

On 12/01/2020 at 17:24, Wolf_pd said:

Status
Soviet Union              Final version Tested

Yugoslavia                  Final version Tested
Czechoslovakia           Final version Tested.
West-Germany            Final version Tested
East-Germany              DONE

International nation competitions
World Cup Being Finalized
World Cup Qualifiers Being Finalized

Continental Championships and Qualifiers Being Finalized

International club competitions Being Finalized. List will follow in threadposts.

Foreign player limits in competitions - DONE
Changes in transfer rules and preferences - DONE
Players moved back to nation of origin - In Progress
Limiting second nationality - DONE

Remove Brexit - DONE
Remove VAR and goalline technology - DONE
Remove Bosman rules - DONE
2 points for a win - Being Finalized

Will this be ok to use as a career or just for testing? 

When this set is released this is for playing in career mode.

My work is building and testing. Yours is enjoying the mod and giving me the feedback that can help me improve for FM21

A new batch of foreign player files has been released. You can find them in the first post of the thread.

The only one missing right now are Albania (finished, but will released with the complete set) and Belgium (bit of a conundrum that one...).

After using a surprisingly simple tip by @Carlito85, Belgium was done in a breeze.

Three more files to test and it is review, review, review.

I am also looking into the player rules for the Copa Libertadores and such, so if anyone has a suggestion for those, let me know.

15 hours ago, oche balboa said:

Will the Simod cup be added? 

Thought about it a bit, but wasn't this cup played to give the English teams something to do while they were banned from the European Cups? In other words, adding this one would mean removing the English teams from the European Cups :D

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Thought about it a bit, but wasn't this cup played to give the English teams something to do while they were banned from the European Cups? In other words, adding this one would mean removing the English teams from the European Cups :D

wolf why not let the English reserves play the simod cup 

14 minutes ago, Andrew Price said:

wolf why not let the English reserves play the simod cup 

Interesting thought, but not for now (workload)

While working hard on player movement and in the meantime simulating larger combinations of nations to see what the "best results" are, I have added a tentative release date in the opening post

:)

So, are you changing the players back to 1988 in all the countries/leagues as well as all the competitions and rules and teams?

So if I chose to play as Glasgow Rangers it would be Scotland in 1988 with all the players?

3 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

So, are you changing the players back to 1988 in all the countries/leagues as well as all the competitions and rules and teams?

So if I chose to play as Glasgow Rangers it would be Scotland in 1988 with all the players?

You wouldn't have Rangers' 1988 players. It would be their current squad but the league and continental rules will have been changed to match the 1988 rules.

1 minute ago, Unknown Hacker said:

You wouldn't have Rangers' 1988 players. It would be their current squad but the league and continental rules will have been changed to match the 1988 rules.

Ahh right gotcha.

I'll still most defo by downloading this, it'll be available on steam yes?

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

The players that are moved back are the ones that according to the 1988 rules should never have been outside their country, like the Albanians, Romanians, Bulgarians and Yugoslavs under 28, Poles under 26, Russians under 30, etcetera.

Data for the 80s is OK-ish for the western european countries, but scarce at best if you go further east.

Just starting another nighttestrun, letting the computer work for me while I sleep.

These should me the remaining balancing issues for the Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia.

The total amount of files is now 48, for a total of 3Mb size.

Still a lot of player work to do, so there is a chance that I will move Eastern European players only and let the market do the rest ingame. Depends a bit on how much work I have updating the international competitions.

Ok, roadblock at the moment.

I ran a big test last night and suddenly noticed my East German teams were filled half with West German players :eek:

I have an idea what the issue is, but this is a major blocker. East German players in West Germany is possible, the reverse is not.

So while I am moving the East German players I have to find out where I took the wrong turn.

The roadblock got fixed, but I got another issue.

My recovery from Corona takes a lot longer than hoped and expected and the doctor has parked me (not just for games btw). So untill further notice, the project is on hold.

It is dissapointing, but right now my health should improve and and it just doesn't lately.

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

My recovery from Corona takes a lot longer than hoped and expected and the doctor has parked me (not just for . So untill further notice, the project is on hold.

It is dissapointing, but right now my health should improve and and it just doesnt lately.

All the best Wolf! My thoughts and prayers for you!

On 10/06/2020 at 11:45, Wolf_pd said:

My recovery from Corona takes a lot longer than hoped and expected and the doctor has parked me (not just for games btw). So untill further notice, the project is on hold.

It is dissapointing, but right now my health should improve and and it just doesn't lately.

Rest up and look after yourself pal.

• 3 weeks later...

Really looking forward to this and big fan of the amount of research, time and effort has gone into this. Hope recovery is going well, having had it back in March know how badly it can knock you off your feet

On 20/04/2020 at 12:03, Wolf_pd said:

Players are allowed to be transferred outside the country at the age of 26

Hello @Wolf_pd,

I hope everything's okay for you.

Could you tell me how to do this...

I looked through your file from Poland but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance!

That's a little trick that works slightly different than you might expect.

Players being transferred outside their nations is decided in the transfer preferences of other nations. And not in the transfer preferences of Poland

The screenshot is that of the Republic of Ireland.

The red block makes sure that no player before the age of 26 can be moved out of Poland to Ireland, because no Irish team will do so.

The blue block means there is some movement, but limited.

1.png

Also, let's say you want only to limit transfers from, say, England. That doesn't mean you need to build files for the other nations, you can simply make one file with all the chances. If you look in the download in the first file, you see the South America, North America, Asia, Africia and Oceania files there, these contain (among others) the transfer preferences for each nation of that continent.

Also, on the subject of the Iron Curtain mod. There has been some slow progress, but next week I will enter a rehabiliation program for Corona patients. I have no idea yet what it will mean, but I am really hoping it will provide me a big step forward.

Thank you very much!

That's clever, I'll look at the other files to see how it works.  I want to reduce the looting of the training centers by the big teams.  What you've done seems perfect for that!

Good luck to you, and hope you recover quickly. 

Peace be with you.

EDIT: You first, then the Iron Curtain Can wait.

Edited by Samuel77

On 03/07/2020 at 18:01, Wolf_pd said:

Also, on the subject of the Iron Curtain mod. There has been some slow progress, but next week I will enter a rehabiliation program for Corona patients. I have no idea yet what it will mean, but I am really hoping it will provide me a big step forward.

Thoughts are with you buddy, keep fighting.

• 3 weeks later...