[FM20] Iron Curtain - In hindsight everything is 2020 (Released)

Great kits Jekermesh. These will really add to the experience. 

For requests I presume you want some images or just the team and year?

Also, are you able to do them for the 3d kits as well or am I pushing my luck ha! 

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, soulsaver said:

Great kits Jekermesh. These will really add to the experience. 

For requests I presume you want some images or just the team and year?

Also, are you able to do them for the 3d kits as well or am I pushing my luck ha! 

Ive been teaching myself GIMP so I reckon in a few weekends time I could make a good stab at 3d kits. For now let me know the year and I'll give it a shot. I did the Red Star kit from 88' and found the Mister Baby sponsor an a really obscure Japanese website. 

2 hours ago, Michael_Myers said:

pass me only the config files. I'm using the metallic style logos

Excellent work btw.

I have good news and bad news. 

Bad news: I started before the file was out so in the end my xml looks like this:

4779fc23fe61daec0054adc7d8eca853.png

Good news: The numbers are off by 14 from the editor numbers, so if you add 14 to each number the file will be right.

1 hour ago, Michael_Myers said:

Having problems with the logos. Normal size are visible, small size are visible too but @2x size are not visible. Anyone have solved this?

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (156).png

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (158).png

never used 2x logos before, so no idea.

I have finished my logos - it has logos for all East german teams. Whenever i couldn't find anything other than a picture of a pendant or a pin, I drew them myself. Whenever there was absolutely no images available, I went one of two ways - if their current logo looked like they wouldn't be out of place in the DDR, i edited it for its old name. If not, they got their generic BSG logo. If you have a way to make metallic logos out of them, I'd love to send them to you.

I am also planning on exanding East Germany, so i already have some logos of teams no in the database there.

57 minutes ago, Reiver said:

never used 2x logos before, so no idea.

I have finished my logos - it has logos for all East german teams. Whenever i couldn't find anything other than a picture of a pendant or a pin, I drew them myself. Whenever there was absolutely no images available, I went one of two ways - if their current logo looked like they wouldn't be out of place in the DDR, i edited it for its old name. If not, they got their generic BSG logo. If you have a way to make metallic logos out of them, I'd love to send them to you.

I am also planning on exanding East Germany, so i already have some logos of teams no in the database there.

if you can send me only the ddr team logos i would be grateful.

After @Reiver sent me his ddr logos (i can't do better ) i think i'm ready to begin my journey. Last issue i have, does anyone in which file i can change the flags in the titlebar?

As you can see Soviet Flag is on but in titlebar Russian one appears.

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (160).png

8 minuti fa, Michael_Myers ha scritto:

After @Reiver sent me his ddr logos (i can't do better ) i think i'm ready to begin my journey. Last issue i have, does anyone in which file i can change the flags in the titlebar?

As you can see Soviet Flag is on but in titlebar Russian one appears.

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (160).png

I have a vague memory that those flags should, somehow, be replaced using the extractor tool. might be completely wrong, though.

We need to compare our graphics configs folders then, because this is how it looks for me now. I I have the correct flag on top, but not the correct one in the nations profile.

image.thumb.png.03d489365f13bc13dd1ba455e7aa99ca.png

I am doing some maintenance work based on the feedback. Luckily most of it is datarelated and quickly fixed.

There is one issue with the European U21 Championship I am looking into, which might take some more time.

Coming weekend I plan to do some editing from the last stuff I had already on my to do list when I released the beta. Redecorating has been parked for a few weeks and that time needs to filled some way!

7 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

I am doing some maintenance work based on the feedback. Luckily most of it is datarelated and quickly fixed.

There is one issue with the European U21 Championship I am looking into, which might take some more time.

Coming weekend I plan to do some editing from the last stuff I had already on my to do list when I released the beta. Redecorating has been parked for a few weeks and that time needs to filled some way!

as i saw in your screenshot you have tested until 2084. can you share a screenshot of the winners of the champions cup?

Will do when the current test is done (short one for some changes I made tonight).

I have to say, there are exciting and boring versions and it varies. I have seen 5 years of 'chaos' with even a Bulgarian team reaching the semi-finals and the regular Evil Money Empires winning again and again.
Money is still on the horizon to be trimmed and have been studying where to start. I mean 800 million for Man City in a season....??

Damn, not funny. Almost thought I deleted that save game. :eek: As you can see this one in the 'business as usual' setting. What is intersting to see though is that where the 2021/22 final is played in Timisoara, while in 2041/42 the game is played in Bucharest

image.thumb.png.4f98c4c172d9845dadc6ed89debe9882.png

image.thumb.png.6ca9311116d0edffa6a3502ce2907494.png

Wait, is that Norwich? ;)

image.thumb.png.a25824cdce7a65d91a162eb16e987cf1.png

However, when taking these EC1 finals into account, just check the current financials for PSG, Bayern and Man City.

I mean Bayern is poor with just 700M coming in. Man City has 1 Billion coming and let's ignore PSG.... :mad: So that's why I need to get going here first. Teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, all the same issue. More money than brains.....

image.thumb.png.733a03718031f8bb56aaf0c32a01815b.png

Hi Wolf,

Fantastic work on this, like a lot of people with the beta seemed to have spent forever just clicking around the teams/nations (forgot how good and short the old international qualifying campaigns were).

Just getting into preseason with Steaua Burcuresti so will see if we can bring those glory days back.

Was the issue with the Under 21's to do with players being called up for over a year?

Fascinating to see how many other people have just spent time paging through this incredible world. Myself, I've also spent some time discovering how the Intertoto Cup can cripple a tiny squad :D

I will try to share this weekend or next a pack of logos for this mod for England, Spain, Italy, France, and Germany (D1) and USSR (D1+D2).

6 hours ago, perfect79 said:

Hi Wolf,

Fantastic work on this, like a lot of people with the beta seemed to have spent forever just clicking around the teams/nations (forgot how good and short the old international qualifying campaigns were).

Just getting into preseason with Steaua Burcuresti so will see if we can bring those glory days back.

Was the issue with the Under 21's to do with players being called up for over a year?

Yes. The issue is that the U21 EC is a FInals tournament while it is played rather like a yearlong cup. I need to see if it can be fixed by just assigning it a different competition type (hope so).

38 minuti fa, Reiver ha scritto:

There are videos on youtube that apparently explain how to.

tried that but no soup for me so if anyone managed it and has some 1st hand experience, I'd be glad to hear. Even name fix doesn't work (still have Zebre in the game). importantly though, I've managed to get the database running after a few hours of struggles. 

So far not so good with Carl Zeiss Jena in the modern era DDR-Oberliga. Problems with money didn't allow us to sign many players (a squad of 13 real players and the other are grey). Hoping that situation is going to change so i can build the deadly force of DDR football. 

BTW is totally different than football with today's finances.

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (162).png

10 hours ago, Michael_Myers said:

So far not so good with Carl Zeiss Jena in the modern era DDR-Oberliga. Problems with money didn't allow us to sign many players (a squad of 13 real players and the other are grey). Hoping that situation is going to change so i can build the deadly force of DDR football. 

BTW is totally different than football with today's finances.

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (162).png

Dynamo 14th ??? :eek:

Let's the Stasi fix this :kriss:

11 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

I'll use this screenshot to report a bug - Slovenian First League should be well below Yugoslav Second division

Already got that one mentioned. It is some old stuff that needs clean up.

@Michael_Myersan extra issue in the database is (and this is SI/research related) that there are few East German players in the game. Probably because the current situation in East Germany is that there is one (Aue I think) East German at Bundesliga 2 level and the rest of the team play lower.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

@Michael_Myersan extra issue in the database is (and this is SI/research related) that there are few East German players in the game. Probably because the current situation in East Germany is that there is one (Aue I think) East German at Bundesliga 2 level and the rest of the team play lower.

There also teams as BFC Dynamo or Jena that play at lower leagues in the db. Also there is another Union Berlin that competes in UEFA Cup in the First Season and last but not least there is no club U19 level (Dynamo Kyiv have 55 players in their first team).

14 teams from the DDR don't have a team set. These are from a different file where I needed them to properly set up the UEFA cup. That has been fixed.

Several teams have a second team, so these should play in the staffels or below. I might have to check the affiliations for that, if they have been set properly (added to that list).

I am looking into reducing the teams with a lot of players to avoid teams selling off the excess players and then have a big bag of money.

I have a checklist of about 180 points I am looking through. Most of it is me double checking my own work. The feedback brought up some points, but most of that is data work.

Long run untill 2100 is done, so it is time for some checking :D

The list of 180 points has already been brough down to 130. It has been a very productive day!

6 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

14 teams from the DDR don't have a team set. These are from a different file where I needed them to properly set up the UEFA cup. That has been fixed.

Several teams have a second team, so these should play in the staffels or below. I might have to check the affiliations for that, if they have been set properly (added to that list).

I am looking into reducing the teams with a lot of players to avoid teams selling off the excess players and then have a big bag of money.

I have a checklist of about 180 points I am looking through. Most of it is me double checking my own work. The feedback brought up some points, but most of that is data work.

On the file I sent you, the affiliations have already been set. Once you have the history fixed, if you send the file back I'd love to build up the bezirksligas

It seems I have fixed the issue where U21 players were called up for the period of two years because of the way the European U21 Championship was set up.

I have checked after the first game and the players are not on international duty anymore. Obviously need to check in a longer run.

Also, based on feedback from the beta, some minor changes will be made to Hong Kong (and after me thinking those through) to Macau as well.

As was pointed out, Hong Kong was British back then, so Hong Kong players can freely move to the UK and UK citizens can freely move to Hong Kong. For Macau this will apply to Portugal and Portuguese colonies.

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

It seems I have fixed the issue where U21 players were called up for the period of two years because of the way the European U21 Championship was set up.

I have checked after the first game and the players are not on international duty anymore. Obviously need to check in a longer run.

Hmmm, back to the drawing board.... Now it doesn't get properly set up....

Weird, the only thing I changed was from a U21 International Final to a U21 Cup

As always, it is 3 steps forward and a few back. Have fixed most issues that were reported except for these

• Transfer kitty for Yugoslavian teams due to jumbo teams (work in progress)
  • European U21 championship keeps U21 players away from teams for a pretty long time
  • Teams for World Youth Championship are not U19/20 (I think I have seen the fix for this one btw).

And as an added bonus I found out today that the Asian Nations Cup has disappeared, apparently already in the file that was shipped in the beta. Must have missed that one, as the file was actually missing from my own folder suddenly...

I never said things were easy in a mod this size :)

Edit: The added bonus has been fixed after a short search in another file (always keep your deleted competitions together...). So that means back to testing my current fixes and then try to find solutions for the issues remaining. Tomorrow night no solving planned, just hardcore data editing (I am expecting to surpass the 400K 

In the meantime I am pretty sure that I have found the fix for the senior teams playing in the World Youth Tournament.

Oceania, South America, North America and Africa send their senior team and only Africa is now sending their senior teams. The rest doesn't. I still have a U20 host and U19 visiting teams though, a bit odd.

First season of the modern era DDR-Oberliga came to an end. We been unbeaten at the last 8 matches of the season, so we  climbed to 5th position. Energie Cottbus are champions ( they had never won the league in the DDR). The European Qualification come as this: Cottbus to European Champions Cup, Dynamo Dresen to Cup Winners Cup (they won the FDGB Pokal), Union Berlin and Lokomotive Leipzig to UEFA Cup and Carl Zeiss Jena to Intertoto Cup. Besides its a beta version , i really enjoyed it so far.

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (163).png

Edited by Michael_Myers

3 hours ago, Michael_Myers said:

First season of the modern era DDR-Oberliga came to an end. We been unbeaten at the last 8 matches of the season, so we are climbed to 5th position. Energie Cottbus are champions ( they had never won the league in the DDR). The European Qualification come as this: Cottbus to European Champions Cup, Dynamo Dresen to Cup Winners Cup (the won the FDGB Pokal), Union Berlin and Lokomotive Leipzig to UEFA Cup and Carl Zeiss Jena to Intertoto Cup. Besides its a beta version , i really enjoyed it so far.

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (163).png

Looks great! Is there also the national team of East Germany?

34 minutes ago, Michael_Myers said:

Intertoto Cup makes no sense. Group stage and thats all. 

Wasn't Intertoto just a glorified pre-season tourney? It was a different era back then but this gave teams an opportunity to play abroad.