[FM20] Iron Curtain - In hindsight everything is 2020 (Released)

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, teamemutest said:

Another thing : Uralmash just had a south-korean newgen in their youth intake with no soviet double-nationality, meaning he won't be able to play with his club.

That's something I can't fix. Russia can generate several different newgens that have no Russian nationality, from pretty much every country they are bordering, but I can't change which newgens are generated (if you talk about features I would love to have.....!!!!)

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

That's something I can't fix. Russia can generate several different newgens that have no Russian nationality, from pretty much every country they are bordering, but I can't change which newgens are generated (if you talk about features I would love to have.....!!!!)

Well, that sucks, a feature like this would be great in a future version of the editor.

57 minutes ago, teamemutest said:

Well, that sucks, a feature like this would be great in a future version of the editor.

Absolutely! I really want to tune the newgens more to the 80s situation. It is much different from what we see in the 20s.

Notes about Czechoslovakia's facilities ( only doing first division due to the absolute mess that this coutry is in terms of informations) :

- Slavia Prague's stadium was "Stadion Dr. Václava Vacka", now destroyed, it was built in 1953 and had a 38.000 capacity. However, Slavia was supposed to have a new stadium, due to the end of the communist regime and the Velvet Revolution, the creation of a new stadium was cancelled and in 1989, they moved to Bohemians Prague's stadium before coming back to their old ground until 2000 when they went back again to Bohemians stadium. They finally had a new stadium in 2008 and since then play there. So, either make them play to the Stadion but with a planned change to their actual stadium in 2-3 years after the beginning of the game, or make them play in the same stadium as Bohemians Prague with a planned change to their actual stadium in 2-3 years or just changing nothing because this is way too messed up :seagull: Also, the club's name at the time was "SK Slavia IPS Praha"

- ZVL Zilina was known as "TJ ZVL Žilina" at the time. Their stadium probably had more seats too, the record was 25.000 in 1953 but it is unclear if there was changes until the end of the communist regime.

- Sparta Prague was known as "TJ Sparta ČKD Praha" at the time. Their stadium had between 34.000 and 35.880 seats during the end of the communist era.

- Banik Ostrava was known as "TJ Baník OKD Ostrava" at the time. They also played at the Bazaly, which is in the game, it had "over 30.000" seats at the time, I couldn't find a more precise number but the record attendance was 33.000 in 1979.

- Slovan Bratislava was known as "Slovan CHZJD Bratislava" at the time. They also played in the old Tehelne pole, which had the same name as the actual one but was built in 1940, demolished in 2013 and had 50.000 seats.

- Dukla Banska Bystricka was known as "ASVS Dukla Banská Bystrica" at the time, their stadium probably had more seats than now, the record attendance being 14.000 in 1984.

- Bohemians Prague was known as "Bohemians ČKD Praha" at the time. Their stadium could accommodate 16.000 spectators, but the officially determined capacity was later reduced to 14.500.

- Zbrojovka Brno was known as "TJ Zbrojovka Brno" at the time. Their stadium at the time was "Stadion Za Lužánkami", it had 50.000 seats (6.500 for sitting, 43.500 for standing)

- Sigma Olomouc was known as "TJ Sigma ZTS Olomouc" at the time. Their stadium was named "Stadion Míru" until 1990.

- Plastika Nitra was known as "TJ Plastika Nitra" at the time.

- Dukla Prague's stadium had 29.000 seats at the time.

- Spartak Trnava was known as "Spartak TAZ Trnava" until 1988 and "Spartak ZTS Trnava" from 1988 to 1993.

- DAC Dunajská Streda was known as "TJ DAC Pol'nohospodar Dunajska Streda" at the time. Their stadium had 16.410 seats at the time.

- Spartak Hradec Kralove was known as "TJ Spartak ZVU Hradec" at the time. 

- Inter Bratislava was known as "TJ Internacional Slovnaft ZTS Bratislava" at the time. They played at the Stadion Pasienky at the time, which is in the game but used by Slovan Bratislava B.

- Vitkovice was known as "TJ Vítkovice" at the time. 

I'll probably do second division and maybe third division from both country later.

On 12/01/2020 at 09:24, Wolf_pd said:

Known issues

• For some tournaments both the tournament host and last winner automatically qualify. If the last winner is also the next host, the game will randomly pick an extra team to add.

If you want it to be runner-up in that situation instead of a random team, when you're listing teams you could use "get host nation" then in the next line "get last winner" with "get runner-up as backup". Then in qualifying, exclude the finals host with "ignore teams" or however you've been doing it, and then in the next line "ignore teams" with "get last winner" and "get runner-up as backup" again. If the host and last winner are the same team, it should then use the last runner-up

You could also have a back-up option as the 17th team in the Olympics, Greece or something for their Olympic contribution, then in the rare case it needs to go that far down the list it will use them

Edited by themodelcitizen

7 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

If you want it to be runner-up in that situation instead of a random team, when you're listing teams you could use "get host nation" then in the next line "get last winner" with "get runner-up as backup". Then in qualifying, exclude the finals host with "ignore teams" or however you've been doing it, and then in the next line "ignore teams" with "get last winner" and "get runner-up as backup" again. If the host and last winner are the same team, it should then use the last runner-up

You could also have a back-up option as the 17 team in the Olympics, Greece or something for their Olympic contribution, then in the rare case it needs to go that far down the list it will use them

Hmm, interesting idea. Considering a second placed team will likely requalify (surely in the system I have build) and most of them will be either European or South American, that is an option. I am using the ignore host and ignore last winner, but without backup at the moment.

8 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Hmm, interesting idea. Considering a second placed team will likely requalify (surely in the system I have build) and most of them will be either European or South American, that is an option. I am using the ignore host and ignore last winner, but without backup at the moment.

I'm just thinking, what if you fixed it by having the final entry (16th entry) in the "teams" list but make it an extra team from qualifying.

Like, if South America is just a single table and the top 3 currently go through, use the entry "best teams from competition" and select that south american qualifying comp, and it should pull the 4th placed team (because the top 3 have already been selected). There may be a way to do it with a best-runner-up from Europe or something too.

So the AI only thinks 14 teams have qualified, which works in most cases, but when it needs to pull the 15th team (host and last winner being the same) it will. Not sure if there's a way to make the game actually show this (i.e. as "qualified" in the table) though.

That sounds like it might be the one. If I feel better this weekend, I plan to work on a few updates, will put this one on the list as well.

63-czechoslovakia-76-copy.png

Czechoslovak Teams Logos

Spoiler

00c5b467b611e35927848022b8eb5b29.png

In this file you'll find logos for Czechoslovak teams and competitions, as well as trophies for the main competitions. There are over 300 logos in this file / this time most taken from old pennant pictures.

- Whenever there was a record online, the logos are the ones teams would have used during the communist era, or the closest possible to that time

- I have also sent all name changes that are needed and were not in effect on the game to Wolf_pd, so there should be some changes there too soon.

- The folder needs to be put into folder: C:\Users\<Your Computername>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qu94q5r0jze6r72/Czechoslovakia.zip/file

On 06/07/2021 at 16:03, teamemutest said:

Notes about Czechoslovakia's facilities ( only doing first division due to the absolute mess that this coutry is in terms of informations) :

- Slavia Prague's stadium was "Stadion Dr. Václava Vacka", now destroyed, it was built in 1953 and had a 38.000 capacity. However, Slavia was supposed to have a new stadium, due to the end of the communist regime and the Velvet Revolution, the creation of a new stadium was cancelled and in 1989, they moved to Bohemians Prague's stadium before coming back to their old ground until 2000 when they went back again to Bohemians stadium. They finally had a new stadium in 2008 and since then play there. So, either make them play to the Stadion but with a planned change to their actual stadium in 2-3 years after the beginning of the game, or make them play in the same stadium as Bohemians Prague with a planned change to their actual stadium in 2-3 years or just changing nothing because this is way too messed up :seagull: Also, the club's name at the time was "SK Slavia IPS Praha"

- Sparta Prague was known as "TJ Sparta ČKD Praha" at the time. Their stadium had between 34.000 and 35.880 seats during the end of the communist era.

Talking about Prague stadiums. Have you ever seen pictures of Sparta's trainingsground? I have visited it when I was in Prague during a trip. It's 'different' ;)

A subtle suggestion into the right direction in a different thread has helped me fix the African teams issue in the World Youth Championship. Finally!

I can retire now :)

Ok, I first need to do those other changes of course.

On 30/06/2021 at 00:45, \&#x27;Appy \&#x27;Ammer said:

I didn't know this to be the case, and it may well be with edited databases, but the add/remove feature is not accessible. You can remove leagues that you have started with, but you cannot add any leagues or divisions. This is a real shame and maybe it is something that is hardcoded within the confines of the game? 

I usually play with 10 leagues or so and change them every now and then. In doing this I accepted I was losing the foreign rules that @Wolf_pdhad created but I am keen to use the old style European club tournament formats. But this has screwed that idea up. The only way to play this is by loading all 57 countries and keeping them like that. I know I could pick view only but I don't like to limit where my career would take me to. (China is the exception)

The player count exceeds my recommended limit by 19,000 players on a small database. I will risk crashes pursuing this. I'm disappointed as I love the look of this.

I take it there is no way to get that Add Leagues button to activate?

I have logged a feature request.

17 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

can this be added in the first post?

First post has been updated with the graphic packs for Czechoslovakia (link only due to size) and Albania. The Bulgaria file should follow, but when adding it to the post the upload was giving some strange errors (board issues, not file related), so I am looking into that.

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Talking about Prague stadiums. Have you ever seen pictures of Sparta's trainingsground? I have visited it when I was in Prague during a trip. It's 'different' ;)

Strahovsky stadion ? It seems enormous, 220.000 seats is ludicrous !

5 minutes ago, teamemutest said:

Strahovsky stadion ? It seems enormous, 220.000 seats is ludicrous !

It is enormous. Took me a while to walk around it :lol: Too bad it is in such a bad shape, but it appears the Prague council and Sparta are going to improve, which would be really cool.

Not sure why, but the West German senior international team seems to only use no-name generated players, the kind that shows up when there's a lack of eligble players for a match.

They still got to the world cup final, so it doesn't seem to really impact their performance. But it is odd, since I'd expect to see Neuer and the like given that my database settings include Int. Players in Europe.

I think if you google this issue you will find the solution ;) Can't say anything on it because of licencing.

It is not related to the Iron Curtain though.

Hah, that is...interesting. My fault for never trying out Int. management until now with Yugoslavia, just makes sense that that "issue" gets carried over to the W. German team. At least the other Germany have no such concerns :D

Great work on the database, and late congrats on release btw. Having a lot of fun with the good old bad old Int. competitions design.

On 01/07/2021 at 20:43, teamemutest said:

Just saw a little something about Metalist, according to the 88 logo, it was "Metallist" as the л is seen twice on the logo.

Logo of FC Metallist Kharkiv

On 01/07/2021 at 22:27, Wolf_pd said:

Sounds like a English translation error, I have seen those more (just look at Hannover and Hanover)

Turns out I was half right. It is a translation as in Russian it is Metallist (two L's) while in Ukrainian it is Metalist (one L).

6 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

First post has been updated with the graphic packs for Czechoslovakia (link only due to size) and Albania. The Bulgaria file should follow, but when adding it to the post the upload was giving some strange errors (board issues, not file related), so I am looking into that.

First post packs have been changed into links as the board doesn't like me to add more than 10Mb in files apparently.

The links point to the post with the respective packs.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Turns out I was half right. It is a translation as in Russian it is Metallist (two L's) while in Ukrainian it is Metalist (one L).

When Ukraine went independant, it probably changed its name from two L to one.

Onze-Hors-serie-27-1986-61.png

Hungarian Teams Logos

Spoiler

310696eb8e626d91939bb66a5f59048b.png

In this file you'll find logos for Hungarianteams and competitions, as well as trophies for the main competitions. There are over 300 logos in this file.

- Whenever there was a record online, the logos are the ones teams would have used during the communist era, or the closest possible to that time.

- I have also sent all name changes that are needed and were not in effect on the game to Wolf_pd, so there should be some changes there too soon. This time I've also added the crazy point rules Hungary had at the time.

- The folder needs to be put into folder: C:\Users\<Your Computername>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics

https://www.mediafire.com/file/14gkbv1df250znt/Hungary.zip/file

On 08/07/2021 at 23:52, teamemutest said:

Is it normal that after two seasons, there have been no good soviet newgens ?

Just spotted this one. It sounds odd based on the data I entered. The Soviet Union should get reasoanable good regens.

On 06/07/2021 at 16:03, teamemutest said:

- ZVL Zilina was known as "TJ ZVL Žilina" at the time. Their stadium probably had more seats too, the record was 25.000 in 1953 but it is unclear if there was changes until the end of the communist regime.

- Banik Ostrava was known as "TJ Baník OKD Ostrava" at the time. They also played at the Bazaly, which is in the game, it had "over 30.000" seats at the time, I couldn't find a more precise number but the record attendance was 33.000 in 1979.

- Slovan Bratislava was known as "Slovan CHZJD Bratislava" at the time. They also played in the old Tehelne pole, which had the same name as the actual one but was built in 1940, demolished in 2013 and had 50.000 seats.

- Dukla Banska Bystricka was known as "ASVS Dukla Banská Bystrica" at the time, their stadium probably had more seats than now, the record attendance being 14.000 in 1984.

- Bohemians Prague was known as "Bohemians ČKD Praha" at the time. Their stadium could accommodate 16.000 spectators, but the officially determined capacity was later reduced to 14.500.

- Zbrojovka Brno was known as "TJ Zbrojovka Brno" at the time. Their stadium at the time was "Stadion Za Lužánkami", it had 50.000 seats (6.500 for sitting, 43.500 for standing)

- Sigma Olomouc was known as "TJ Sigma ZTS Olomouc" at the time. Their stadium was named "Stadion Míru" until 1990.

- Plastika Nitra was known as "TJ Plastika Nitra" at the time.

- Dukla Prague's stadium had 29.000 seats at the time.

- Spartak Trnava was known as "Spartak TAZ Trnava" until 1988 and "Spartak ZTS Trnava" from 1988 to 1993.

- DAC Dunajská Streda was known as "TJ DAC Pol'nohospodar Dunajska Streda" at the time. Their stadium had 16.410 seats at the time.

- Spartak Hradec Kralove was known as "TJ Spartak ZVU Hradec" at the time. 

- Inter Bratislava was known as "TJ Internacional Slovnaft ZTS Bratislava" at the time. They played at the Stadion Pasienky at the time, which is in the game but used by Slovan Bratislava B.

- Vitkovice was known as "TJ Vítkovice" at the time. 

I'll probably do second division and maybe third division from both country later.

I have not taken all changes on board because of consistency. 80% (or 88%?) of the teams would need to have the TJ added and it has pretty hard to check which ones don't need it. Other name changes have been processed into the long name as my Slovakian colleague told me that despite the official name in 'daily life' the well known short name was used. Stadium changes have been added. As Slavia Prague was playing in the old Eden stadium, I have renamed new Eden to Stadiuon Dr. Vaclava Vacka.

File will be up soon.

Version 1.2 has been uploaded in the first post. The 1.2 zip contains

• Namechanges to Czechoslovakian teams to go with the graphics pack
  • Fix for the African teams in the World Youth Championship

As always, if you want to use these files you will have to start a new save. If you don't mind having the old names and are enjoying your save, feel free to continue!

9 hours ago, teamemutest said:

A little thing I thought about : Is it possible to change the money in the game to implement new money ? Like Yougoslav Dinar or Franc, Deutschmark, etc... ?

It is. The currencies are still there. It would need quite a bit of testing since I am not entirely sure what the exchange effect would do though when done like that. I have tested it with setting the euro to a different exchange rate to the pound and the effect is there.

Edit: For FM22 it is on the cards ;)

5 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

It is. The currencies are still there. It would need quite a bit of testing since I am not entirely sure what the exchange effect would do though when done like that. I have tested it with setting the euro to a different exchange rate to the pound and the effect is there.

Edit: For FM22 it is on the cards ;)

FM22 Iron Curtain is a thing ? :hammer:

2 hours ago, teamemutest said:

FM22 Iron Curtain is a thing ? :hammer:

There is some discussion and pre-planning going on. End of september you will hear a Yes or No.

I am having the same issue here. Even from files I uploaded myself....

The issue is Chrome btw, I can log in via Edge download without a problem.

3 minutes ago, teamemutest said:

Oh, did that appeared today ?

I noticed it on Monday when I couldn't download a file someone send me. Same for trying to download one of the graphics I didn't download. Thought it was just local., but it's probably tighter download AI from Chrome.

4 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

I noticed it on Monday when I couldn't download a file someone send me. Same for trying to download one of the graphics I didn't download. Thought it was just local., but it's probably tighter download AI from Chrome.

Okay, hope it will be fixed soon.

4 minutes ago, teamemutest said:

Finally, got it, had to download it from my phone, do you have any idea why this happens ?

Chrome update pretty sure. Looking how to change it on my own PC atm. Have reported it as well as an issue.

Warning: before you proceed using this download method, always consider before you download.. I can vouch for the files in this thread, but on other websites downloading a dangerous file may not be the best option.

If you want to download on Chrome despite this warning after you got this message:

image.png.add554deb3482b550c933a79daf51e0d.png

you can go to your Chrome Download page. You will find the file there and can 'push it through'

image.png.5dd901b5a81de1edb1380b9c9749cc35.png

Press Keep Dangerous file and you will get the download.