[FM20] Iron Curtain - In hindsight everything is 2020 (Released)

38 minutes ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Thank you for suggesting this improvement. View Only 'adding and removal' has been included in FM22. Well done @Wolf_pd :thup:

Ah, very cool! And about Iron Curtain FM22, who knows I get bitten by the bug again :D You might understand I stay away from catching any virus at the moment ;)

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2021 at 09:26, themodelcitizen said:

If you want it to be runner-up in that situation instead of a random team, when you're listing teams you could use "get host nation" then in the next line "get last winner" with "get runner-up as backup". Then in qualifying, exclude the finals host with "ignore teams" or however you've been doing it, and then in the next line "ignore teams" with "get last winner" and "get runner-up as backup" again. If the host and last winner are the same team, it should then use the last runner-up

You could also have a back-up option as the 17th team in the Olympics, Greece or something for their Olympic contribution, then in the rare case it needs to go that far down the list it will use them

image.thumb.png.02e4d5da63980214fcd931ae12d1629d.png

I am currently testing this rule to see if the editor rule logic is the same as in my mind.

My logic:

• Host nation is always available
  • Amount of qualifiers is always the same
  • Last winner is not always available as it can be the same as the host nation

Don't use later Rules should then ignore the Get 1 team from Team pool rule. It makes sense, but I am not sure yet if this is the sense the editor uses :)

I'm more familiar with previous editions where that box didn't exist, but the game would only go as far down the list as it can before running out of room in the tournament, which works 100% - it can be thrown off if you have a box checked somewhere in a specific stage like "reverse the order of teams in this list".

So I'm not sure if you'd even need to check that box.

I *believe* this also means the "extra" team won't get a news item saying they're in the tournament. They're definitely not included in rankings or anything.

Let me know how it goes.

50 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

I'm more familiar with previous editions where that box didn't exist, but the game would only go as far down the list as it can before running out of room in the tournament, which works 100% - it can be thrown off if you have a box checked somewhere in a specific stage like "reverse the order of teams in this list".

So I'm not sure if you'd even need to check that box.

I *believe* this also means the "extra" team won't get a news item saying they're in the tournament. They're definitely not included in rankings or anything.

Let me know how it goes.

I have relatively simple rules in the game, so no reverse orders or anything else. The current tests look to be good, but need some long runs to confirm.

I am also using this logic so simplify some of the qualifiers. Especially the qualifiers with knockout rounds at the start can use an extra team and for the regions where this applies it is common one or more teams don’t participate in the qualifiers due to financials.

So I have decided to set a standard amount of teams, where in case a team from the continent is host or is the last winner, one or two extra teams are added.

Yes, it is random. I used in the June release to set the qualifiers for the African Games and it works a lot better than setting up 7 qualifying competitions with varying participants. It doesn’t always pick the best team in the list so there is some variation.

For the qualifiers for the World Cup I obviously only use the lowest 6-8 teams on the continent as the other ones are certainties to attempt qualification.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 25/04/2020 at 14:20, Wolf_pd said:

In a sense the players are free to leave. As a human player you could easily buy any Yugoslav player you wanted as long as you would have room in your team for that.

The trick, which was also used in the FM16 Iron Curtain version is to tell all other countries there are no transfers from Yugoslavia for players between age 14 and 27. It is a bit of trickery, but it works.

I am still looking into the Advanced Rules if I can find a better alternative, but for now that's the solution

what settings did you change to achieve this?

25 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Here. You can check the files in the mod for the exact changes.

image.thumb.png.edb9af2d86d6da0ce8ff30cb62cc6425.png

Thanks for your reply, just so I'm understanding correctly using France below

1. french clubs will not buy players from russia (USSR) or Serbia (Yugoslavia) ages between 14 and 29/27 but after that age they will?

2. if i only wanted wanted french teams to buy players players from certain continents or regions i would use -1 for the continent/region I didn't want them to buy from?

3. lastly what settings would i have to change if i wanted stop french players leaving france period or they couldn't leave until 25?

i tried to improve 2 Caribbean nations with better youth facilities and coaches etc. and although the national teams improve the leagues themselves never improve because the best players leave.

and a side question, how does the game work with the bosman rule turned off? what happens at t he end of a players contract?

image.thumb.png.75f4b55d988a4c8b3df4d79fefb764a3.png

19 minutes ago, J-Hood said:

Thanks for your reply, just so I'm understanding correctly using France below

1. french clubs will not buy players from russia (USSR) or Serbia (Yugoslavia) ages between 14 and 29/27 but after that age they will?

2. if i only wanted wanted french teams to buy players players from certain continents or regions i would use -1 for the continent/region I didn't want them to buy from?

3. lastly what settings would i have to change if i wanted stop french players leaving france period or they couldn't leave until 25?

i tried to improve 2 Caribbean nations with better youth facilities and coaches etc. and although the national teams improve the leagues themselves never improve because the best players leave.

and a side question, how does the game work with the bosman rule turned off? what happens at t he end of a players contract?

1. Yes
2. Correct
3. You need to change the transfer preferences from all other nations (Africa usually already has Europe set as continent -1

Players are not allowed to leave and will stay on a rolling contract (not sure of rolling though).

16 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

1. Yes
2. Correct
3. You need to change the transfer preferences from all other nations (Africa usually already has Europe set as continent -1

Players are not allowed to leave and will stay on a rolling contract (not sure of rolling though).

thank you again, your work is A1. look forward to the FM22 iron curtain

• 1 year later...

Make sure to download all versions, so 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 in that order. 1.0 is the full version, 1.1 to 1.4 contain updates only.