dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't say that 146 Million is that much, I've seen a lot more spent by teams in the second/third season.

This isn't the most money spent, I know. But this is with my domination taken into consideration. Last season Man City spent 320 mill (42 mill EUR) and got 2nd. It is the same scenario with Watford who has a tycoon backing them up. They are spending millions and millions. I just find it funny that it is clear they want the title :D

The biggest amount I've spent on a season is 110 mill EUR.

Another good season there Gypsum :thup: Are you aiming for a consolidation season next year or do you want to challenge for a 4th straight promotion? And how did Merthyr do this season?

Thanks! I'm not really sure at the moment. I'm struggling to make any quality signings again. And while the club isn't in the red, we have virtually nothing to spend on transfers. But then I wasn't hopeful last season and we finished 2nd, and we have strengthened the squad a lot more than we did then. So we'll see. I'd be happy with a top half finish though.

Merthyr won the premiership again, 10 points clear of Man City, and also won the Champions league. Steven Gerrard is still manager. They've pretty much got the same squad I left them with, including my son who has turned into a pretty solid backup player. It's nice to see them doing well, and I can't wait to play them!!

Sorry if this has already been decided but I've checked back a few pages and couldn't find anything. Has a decision been made as to go even further down in the English divisions with the new competitor editor or not yet?

Just restarted my run with Merthyr as a last effort with FM09 before FM10. Got promoted to the Championship yesterday after winning the L1. Nothing special in this competition I know, but I still have 6 of my own youth in my starting 11.

I got lucky because they turned out to be pretty awesome and at just 19-23 years of age by now, they've got quite some experience behind their belts too with some having played in my starting 11 since the BSS. They're insanely loyal!

Won The Treble this year, which means that we finally won the FA cup for the first time. Now we have won it all!

My main focus is still on my striker Hawley His improvements are by far the best ived ever recall seeing in FM.

Top marksman aswell

Its time for the World cup now! hopefully he will bang in a couple of goals there as well!

Now, how on earth is this even possible dropped position

Won The Treble this year, which means that we finally won the FA cup for the first time. Now we have won it all!

My main focus is still on my striker Hawley His improvements are by far the best ived ever recall seeing in FM.

Top marksman aswell

Its time for the World cup now! hopefully he will bang in a couple of goals there as well!

Now, how on earth is this even possible dropped position

A decent season there for the team and Hawley kaNovi :thup: Hopefully Hawley can improve his strike rate a little so that he can complete the Danny Roberts Challenge :)

The extra games might make a difference, although i had him on a custom training schedule and i had him tutored as well :thup:

I hear that save game editors also make a difference too.

On a more serious note - how long are you going to keep this charade going? I, and a number of others, know you cheat - it's blindingly obvious really.

Yes, you will bring up that I can't prove it. However, there is so much evidence pointing towards you cheating such as your 'son' being born without the surname 368 or whatever number it was originally, and without having the same nationality/other nationality as you. The rapid advancement of your players and other things that dafuge has mentioned also points towards this.

Personally, I don't give a damn what you do in your own game but don't come posting on the forums about your great success if you've used save game editors to achieve it.

On a more serious note - how long are you going to keep this charade going? I, and a number of others, know you cheat - it's blindingly obvious really.

Yes, you will bring up that I can't prove it. However, there is so much evidence pointing towards you cheating such as your 'son' being born without the surname 368 or whatever number it was originally, and without having the same nationality/other nationality as you. The rapid advancement of your players and other things that dafuge has mentioned also points towards this.

Personally, I don't give a damn what you do in your own game but don't come posting on the forums about your great success if you've used save game editors to achieve it.

I see Funbags has passed on the baton :rolleyes:

There is an ignore button for a reason btw. Unless you have proper conclusive proof then don't bother saying anything as it is not constructive.

Put my Staines game on hold for now (has been for a while). Missing it now so will probably play it for a while once I'm back from holiday.

The ignorance of some of the people on these forums is unreal. Funbags, nor ITry, nor myself are the same person. We just aren't oblivious to the painstakingly obvious. Fraud. Simple as that.

I find it funny that the 2 messages you have written in the whole Sigames forum, has been accusing Hamilton of cheating.

I guess funbags hasn't ranted for nothing :)

Whatever the truth is, he's in a tough situation.

If his game is 100% genuine and he has been on the end of a series of astonishingly lucky instances, naturally there will be a number of people who will believe that something dodgy has gone on. However much he pleads his innocence there will be no convincing these people, they will continue to believe that he has cheated. I know from experience how frustrating it can be to be branded a cheater when it is just down to hard work and a bit of luck.

If he has cheated, that is an immense amount of effort that has been put into something false. I would really pity anyone who has taken pride in sharing their achievements when they know that they are fake, it must be a horrible position to be in. Usually people who have cheated give up quickly, so if this is the case it is a very sorry state of affairs.

Either way, he can't win, and I suggest that people accept this situation. If you think he's cheating, just ignore his posts, if you don't then continue to enjoy his stories. Accusations and bickering just ruin the thread for everyone.

Personally, I'm not interested in accusing people of cheating or even speculating about it. I believe that people should honour the history of trust and honesty that has been in this challenge for the last four years and embrace it.

Whatever the truth is, he's in a tough situation.

Either way, he can't win, and I suggest that people accept this situation. If you think he's cheating, just ignore his posts, if you don't then continue to enjoy his stories. Accusations and bickering just ruin the thread for everyone.

Personally, I'm not interested in accusing people of cheating or even speculating about it. I believe that people should honour the history of trust and honesty that has been in this challenge for the last four years and embrace it.

I completely understand your point of view dafuge - there's no way of it being proven that he has or hasn't cheated.

hamilton162 - if you haven't cheated then I apologise. However, if you have then I urge you not to post in forthcoming dafuge's challenges. That's all I'm going to say.

dafuge - has any decision been made about what English Football League Level the FM10 version of this challenge will be (as it widely accepted that we will be able to go down to Level 10 in FM10)?

hamilton162 - if you haven't cheated then I apologise. However, if you have then I urge you not to post in forthcoming dafuge's challenges. That's all I'm going to say.

Thanks, I think that is a very fair comment.

dafuge - has any decision been made about what English Football League Level the FM10 version of this challenge will be (as it widely accepted that we will be able to go down to Level 10 in FM10)?

No final decision yet, although it is likely to be either as it is or adding one more step. Going down to level 10 would mean a lot of extra leagues and unresearched teams which could mean slow long term games and teams full of grey players.

No final decision yet, although it is likely to be either as it is or adding one more step. Going down to level 10 would mean a lot of extra leagues and unresearched teams which could mean slow long term games and teams full of grey players.

Thanks dafuge. Personally, I'd vote to keep it as it is because:

a) It would keep the tradition of the challenge and

b) I'm planning on playing as my local team, Retford United, anyway who are available to play in the challenge for the first time.

I feel it should be completely down to you though because it's ultimately your challenge. I could just update my progress on the career updates forum.

First off, I apologise for skipping a season update. I didn’t take any screenshots apart from these four;

one, two, three, four. Due to the challenge being completed and me not thinking I’d continue season updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bradford PA – Premier League 2024/25

Pre-Season

I started pre-season knowing I had an impressive £42million to spend, and it was my intention to do so. I scouted the world for the key positions I needed and for promising youngsters. What came back was disappointing so I did the hard work for myself. I looked through every country in the top 100 of the world and came back with the following;

Ilja Troshin - Not sure as to whether he was a striker or a winger when he arrived. Looks to have massive potential. Already a permanent fixture in the Russia squad. Will add a lot to the team.

Mikhail Kolesov - Another permanent fixture in the Russia squad and also looks to have a massive amount of potential. Only bad thing is he's joined in the position that's the most competitive.

Harold Walker - Impressed for Stoke last year winning the players' young player of the year award. Looks to be set as the linchpin of the England team in the future. Will be vital to our team this year. I hope so after shelling out £38.5 million anyway!

Manuel Castillo - Found in the Spanish u21 squad. I may have overspent, but if he becomes the good EPL defender he is meant too then I can more than likely get a profit out of him.

Mark Morrison - Has the most potential of the lot. Could be the best player in the world. If he doesn't make the cut, I don't deserve to be the manager of this club anymore. A very exciting prospect, and a steal at just under £3million.

Transfers

League Graph

After winning the league three years ago the team has gone downhill. Not planning for the future and aiming for immediate success has lead to the team having certain star individuals but far too few and not up there to challenge for the title. The media agreed and predicted a 6th place finish for the team. Something I agreed with entirely.

The league itself was a mixed bag; far too many draws or losses against lower teams we needed to beat yet exceptional performances against teams expected to beat us. This does give me encouragement that when/if we get back to the top of the league we’ll be able to compete well.

We ended up losing 6th place on the last day of the season losing to Man Utd and ended up finishing in 8th. This wasn’t Europe. This is lower than I expected and I wasn’t happy. We tailed off badly towards the end of the season after pushing for a Champions League place all season. We have a young squad now however and an era of Bradford PA dominance doesn’t look too far away.

Europe

The less said about Europe the better in reality. We cruised the group stages and qualified after winning four out of four with 15 goals scored – none conceded. However, with the kids playing the last two games weren’t easy. We still comfortably finishing top though and would face Olympiakos in the first knockout round. A tired display after a congested month of fixtures saw us lose out 2-0 away from home leaving us with a battle on our hands. A battle in which sadly, we lost in after winning the home leg 1-0; yet that wasn’t enough. After winning the Champions league two years ago we’re now not in Europe at all. I may have made the wrong decision in going for immediate success...

Cups

In the league cup; the kids sailed into the final even beating a full strength Man City team. We then faced Swansea in the final and my dilemma as to whether to play the kids or the full team was a tough one. I went with the first team; and they went on to lose on penalties (the English penalty curse again, despite none of my penalty takers being English) despite dominating near enough the whole game.

The kids also played in the F.A Cup; yet only reached the fourth round before losing to struggling League One side Millwall in a tense game in the wind and rain.

We need to perform better in the cups at this stage; the prize money is valuable.

Record Against The Teams Who Finished Above Us.

|------------|------------|------------|
|   Team     |  Home Rec. |  Away Rec. |  
| Chelsea    |    2-0     |    1-2     |
| Tottenham  |    1-2     |    1-2     |
| Arsenal    |    3-1     |    2-2     |
| Man City   |    0-0     |    2-0     | 
| Newcastle  |    1-0     |    1-2     | 
| Aston Villa|    1-1     |    0-1     | 
| Leeds      |    2-3     |    1-2     | 

Youth Team

The Youth Team had a terrible season; comfortably finishing bottom of their group with only one win. I’ll be investing into the youth more and hope to see improvements.

Transfer Targets

I mainly have my eyes set on youth now; in order to develop the future of this club. However; in the long term I have my eyes set on Arnold Van Der Ven & Denis Popovic for when/if I dominate the English League’s they’re top quality footballers and will be in their prime by the time I can realistically sign them.

Miscellaneous

Average Attendance Record

Cash Injection

Finances:

Expenditure | Finances | Income | Salary

Squad

Squad

Goalkeepers

Lyubomir Ivanov

|-------------|------|-------|-------|------|------|
|             | Apps | Conc. | Clean | MotM | Av.R | 
| This Season |  39  |  35   |  18   |  1   | 6.88 |
| Bradford PA |  311 |  375  |  98   |  6   | 6.83 |
| Career      |  361 |  424  |  117  |  8   | 6.89 |

[left]
[b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] One of the most loyal players at the club. Gets better with age and more competition. Joined during the first season of the Premiership where we shipped goals and has improved every season. Will be under more competition next season and I fully expect him to thrive under it.[/left]

Tor Arne Iversen

|             | Apps | Conc. | Clean | MotM | Av.R | 
| This Season |  39  |  35   |  18   |  1   | 6.97 |
| Bradford PA |  32  |  27   |  16   |  1   | 6.93 |
| Career      |  57  |  53   |  30   |  1   | 6.94 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Has an incredible number of clean sheets to his name and is an incredible talent. Will push Ivanov hard for a first-team place in the coming season.  Needs to erase the odd mistake still; but that will come with age.

Defence

Right Back

Guilherme

|             | Apps | Goals | Assts | MotM | Av.R |
| This Season | 47   |   4   |   1   |   1  | 7.00 |
| Bradford PA | 222  |   11  |   9   |   6  | 6.89 |
| Career      | 291  |   11  |   20  |   8  | 6.17 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Has a poor career rating due to his time at Gremio; has been brilliant for me in over 200 appearances. A poor number of assists is more down to the narrow, defensive nature of my team more than anything to do with him. Has many years left in him too.[/left]

Mamadou Diatta

| This Season | 9    |   0   |   0   |   0  | 6.90 |
| Bradford PA | 168  |   7   |   4   |   2  | 6.83 |
| Career      | 566  |   20  |   82  |   20 | 6.90 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] A fantastic career the Senegalese international has had. Has been a rock at the back for me and I’m glad he’s seeing out his career at the club. I just hope he goes into coaching; his professionalism is second to none.

[/left]

Mark Morrison

| This Season | 14   |   1   |   2   |   0  | 6.87 |
| Bradford PA | 14   |   1   |   2   |   0  | 6.87 |
| Career      | 21   |   1   |   2   |   0  | 6.49 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] As I’ve previously stated; if this kid doesn’t make the grade I should retire. Has massive potential and has had a steady if not spectacular start to his Bradford PA game. Will have plenty of game time next year.

[/left]

Centre Back

Dennie Schutz

| This Season | 55   |   1   |   0   |   2  | 7.00 |
| Bradford PA | 175  |   7   |   7   |   9  | 6.97 |
| Career      | 361  |   11  |   17  |   20 | 7.02 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] These statistics are deceiving to say the least; Dennie has been fantastic for us when on the pitch. When being the key word. Suspensions lower his game time and his average rating. Best defender in the world when on the pitch though.

[/left]

Dominic Loncaric

| This Season | 43   |   1   |   3   |   1  | 7.08 |
| Bradford PA | 220  |   11  |   10  |   9  | 6.97 |
| Career      | 630  |   37  |   66  |   21 | 6.85 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] The Australian who I have named ‘Ayres Rock’ has had a remarkable game; without a doubt Australia’s best ever player and a true giant. Gets better with age and is an integral part of the side.

[/left]

Lazlo Balazs

| This Season | 44   |   6   |   2   |   1  | 6.83 |
| Bradford PA | 78   |   9   |   3   |   2  | 6.81 |
| Career      | 431  |   27  |   51  |   19 | 7.21 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] A terrific career average rating is down to his exceptional performances on the international scene. Has the ability to be fantastic but hasn’t shown this at the club yet; will need to improve.
[/left]

Manuel Castillo

| This Season |  12  |  1    |  0    |  0   | 6.81 |
| Bradford PA |  12  |  1    |  0    |  0   | 6.81 |
| Career      |  18  |  1    |  1    |  0   | 6.38 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Has the burden of a £7million price tag on his shoulders; but has made a good start to his career and I’m sure he’ll be a good player for club AND country in the future.

[/left]

Left Backs

Cemil Karabacak

| This Season |  54  |  6    |  13   |  2   | 7.13 |
| Bradford PA |  96  |  1    |  19   |  5   | 6.99 |
| Career      |  213 |  5    |  29   |  11  | 6.73 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Had a brilliant season down the left. Established as club and country’s number one left-back. A good number of assists considering he is set a defensive mindset. Set up Leconte 10 times during the season. That partnership could well be vital.

[/left]

Kevin Muller

| This Season |  23  |  1    |  2    |  2   | 7.07 |
| Bradford PA |  143 |  1    |  11   |  1   | 6.86 |
| Career      |  511 |  9    |  34   |  9   | 6.67 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Never the most talented player; but a very solid backup. Has been a star for the national side over the years but never repeated that form at club level. Will most likely keep him until he retires.[/left]

Midfield

Right Midfield

Ilja Troshin

| This Season |  43  |  12   |  9    |  7   | 7.38 |
| Bradford PA |  38  |  11   |  7    |  6   | 7.23 |
| Career      |  87  |  28   |  19   |  7   | 6.99 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Had a terrific first season at the club; consistently good and menacing. Yet to decide whether he’s a striker or right-midfielder still however. Played on the right-wing this season. Gained the ‘Wonderkid’ status.

[/left]

Alan Burke

| This Season |  15  |  0    |  2    |  0   | 6.94 |
| Bradford PA |  63  |  3    |  9    |  2   | 6.94 |
| Career      |  63  |  3    |  9    |  2   | 6.94 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Academy product done good. Should be getting more assists with his crossing ability and will expect more. Has become an important part of a matchday squad now.

[/left]

Central Midfield

Falko Cozza

| This Season |  37  |  6    |  7    |  3   | 7.07 |
| Bradford PA |  110 |  14   |  21   |  4   | 7.03 |
| Career      |  260 |  25   |  62   |  8   | 6.92 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] A typical German footballer. Tenacious in defence. Good going forward. Hasn’t got a weakness to his game at all. Formed a great partnership with both Jorge and Walker. Will keep improving all the time and is a top, top talent. Will be vice-captain in the forthcoming season.[/left]

Jorge

| This Season |  47  |  6    |  9    |  2   | 7.06 |
| Bradford PA |  219 |  33   |  32   |  14  | 7.04 |
| Career      |  351 |  41   |  44   |  16  | 6.81 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b]My favourite player at the club. Plays his heart out every single game and will always fight a losing battle. Involved in every team move he is crucial to our success. I can’t think of a better player to have as a captain.[/left]

Mikhail Kolesov

| This Season |  22  |  4    |  4    |  0   | 7.17 |
| Bradford PA |  14  |  1    |  1    |  0   | 6.93 |
| Career      |  58  |  9    |  7    |  1   | 6.94 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Another Russian ‘Wonderkid’ had an impressive first season at the club despite limited playing time. Has established himself as a key player for Russia and will be one for club too soon.[/left]

Harold Walker

| This Season |  43  |  6    |  11   |  3   | 6.82 |
| Bradford PA |  41  |  6    |  11   |  3   | 7.23 |
| Career      |  172 |  20   |  32   |  8   | 6.74 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] The £38.5 million signing from Stoke had a hugely successful season. An all-action midfielder. Dangerous driving at the defence and tracks back effectively. Will expect more England caps now if he carries on this form. Also won the [url="http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149/BenjaniT09/?action=view&current=Walker-YoungPlayerofTheYear.jpg"]Young Player of the Year award[/url] too.

[/left]

Jeremy Leclerc

| This Season |  22  |  3    |  4    |  2   | 7.12 |
| Bradford PA |  42  |  5    |  6    |  2   | 7.10 |
| Career      |  48  |  5    |  7    |  2   | 6.83 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] The Frenchman hasn’t lived up to the extremely high hopes I had off him, but is blooming late and becoming a key player. Gained his first French cap and often played in the big games and played well. I can now count on him to do a job in the important games meaning he’ll get more game time.[/left]

Vitomir Karadzic

| This Season |  18  |  1    |  2    |  0   | 6.88 |
| Bradford PA |  151 |  16   |  15   |  4   | 6.92 |
| Career      |  478 |  49   |  116  |  29  | 7.04 |

[b][color="Plum"]
[left]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Karadzic is a top quality player. He’s not quite good enough to play in the centre of the park and boss games which is his only downfall. He could walk into any team in the premiership; he’s just unlucky that I have an abundance of talent in the middle of the park. Still plays an important part for club and country however.[/left]

Ashley Thomas

| This Season |  0   |  0    |  0    |  0   | 0.00 |
| Bradford PA |  1   |  0    |  0    |  0   | 0.00 |
| Career      |  69  |  2    |  12   |  1   | 6.16 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Difficult to believe he’ll live up to his 6 star potential. Has disappointed in two loan spells during the season and will be sent back out on loan with the hope of massive improvement.[/left]

[i][b][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Left Midfield[/color][/b][/i]

Diogo

| This Season |  54  |  7    |  10   |  1   | 6.85 |
| Bradford PA |  83  |  12   |  16   |  3   | 6.94 |
| Career      |  173 |  17   |  30   |  5   | 6.83 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] With Diogo and Burke in the team I have two of potentially the most dangerous wingers in the world. Both have deadly crossing. Only Diogo can do something about it however. Playing out of his skin for the first ¾ of the season. Has never started a game for Brazil down to their narrow formation.[/left]

Roy Bond

| This Season |  20  |  1    |  1    |  1   | 6.96 |
| Bradford PA |  146 |  22   |  24   |  11  | 6.97 |
| Career      |  320 |  33   |  59   |  17  | 6.83 |

[left]
[b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] I’m lucky to have two exceptionally talented left-wingers. Bond is a bit of an odd player. Statistically not the best but still puts in the performances when they matter. Had an average season at best; with a few injuries disrupting his game time.[/left]

Strikers

Tanguy Leconte

| This Season |  48  |  20   |  12   |  6   | 7.02 |
| Bradford PA |  248 |  93   |  38   |  30  | 6.97 |
| Career      |  314 |  120  |  41   |  30  | 6.52 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] When he’s hot. He’s hot. When he’s not. He’s not. This season he was very hot. He led the line superbly and scored vital goals before breaking his leg. For France he’s consistently been not. Has been very poor and I’m shocked at how bad he’s been considering he’s done so well for us.[/left]

Vincent Ngema

| This Season |  48  |  16   |  10   |  1   | 7.18 |
| Bradford PA |  197 |  68   |  49   |  17  | 7.06 |
| Career      |  382 |  193  |  94   |  32  | 7.48 |

[left]
[b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Has a phenomenal goal scoring record for both club and country. Never really lived up to early promise at the club; has recently joined Man City for £20million due to not wanting a new contract and differences with players within the team. I wish him the best of luck. Not against me of course.[/left]

Davide Fedele

| This Season |  42  |  13   |  8    |  5   | 7.06 |
| Bradford PA |  130 |  37   |  24   |  12  | 6.94 |
| Career      |  229 |  103  |  33   |  31  | 6.59 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] His career at Bradford PA hasn’t really taken off. Boasted a goal scoring record of just under one a game before joining and has a record of near one every 4 at the club but with a few assists. Has become more of a play maker than a deadly striker these days. Think Dirk Kuyt but without the work ethic.

Aloisio[/left]

| This Season |  0   |  0    |  0    |  0   | 0.00 |
| Bradford PA |  0   |  0    |  0    |  0   | 0.00 |
| Career      |  62  |  9    |  2    |  3   | 5.91 |

[left][b][color="Plum"]What the statistics tell:[/color][/b] Didn’t play for the club due to having played for two clubs in the year already. Has raw ability and will no doubt be one of the best players in the world in the future if nurtured right.
[url="http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149/BenjaniT09/?action=view&current=Aloisiocoachreport.jpg"]Coach Report[/url]

One to Watch.

My one to watch in the coming season is youngster Aloisio. He’ll be eager to prove me right for buying him and will hopefully start becoming the great footballer I believe he will be.[/left]

Overall Best Eleven | Seasonal Best Eleven

Season             League                    League Position          Achievements
2009/10           Blue Square North               1st                 Promoted as Champions.
2010/11           Blue Square Premier             1st                 Promoted as Champions.
2011/12           League Two                      6th                 Promoted through play-offs.
2012/13           League One                      14th             
2013/14           League One                      18th       
2014/15           League One                      6th                 Lost in play-off semi final           
2015/16           League One                      2nd                 Promoted      
2016/17           Championship                    7th
2017/18           Championship                    2nd                 Promoted
2018/19           Premiership                     17th             
2019/20           Premiership                     17th
2020/21           Premiership                     7th                 Qualified for Euro Cup
2021/22           Premiership                     1st                 PL Champions, Uefa Cup Winners
2022/23           Premiership                     9th                 Super Cup, Community Shield, Champions League.
*****************************************Challenge Complete******************************************
2023/24          Premiership                     6th
2024/25          Premiership                     8th                League Cup Runners-Up

[/left]

You can also follow my progress in this thread from here on; Not Just Park Football

Appology accepted :thup:

As for not commenting, i probably won't be buying FM10 anyway, due to this being a very important year of my education, which comes first obviously, so that isn't a problem :)

World cup 2050

Group Stage

2nd Round 1st overtime....

Quarter Final 2nd overtime.... I was actually ready to be leaving England, but we were very lucky :)

Semi Final Yes.. 3rd overtime !! We once again had the best fitness in the end and ended up in the final against Italy

Final Thrilling and great final with the right winner in the end :)

My favorite Hawley became the World cup best player at only 20 years of age! :) He also won the golden boot

Year    Nation       Competition                       Stage Reached
-------------------------------------------------------------------
2048    England  European Championship               Winners
2049    England  Confederations Cup                  Runners up
2050    England  World cup                           Winners

Dont really know whether to quit England or not ..

Im pretty sure Hawley will get his caps as he now is a star player for the squad

Hednesford Town - 2020/21 Season - Premier League

Finished: 13th

Expected Finish: 17th

Long time no post. My game has moved on a lot since my last after winning the BSP. The big spending backers have continued to pour the money in and I've managed to keep us moving up the league (although my first season in the Championship was a bit messy. Our second season in the Championship saw me regein my spending in and I assembled the spine of my promotion winning side on free transfers. Spent big in my first season in the Premiership and survived with ease. We are looking to build now and hit mid-table. However it is getting hard to keep the squad together. Anyone who does well gets targeted by the big clubs in the division. I've already lost two players to Man U in the last two years and one to Arsenal. On a plus note though a new ground is being built which is badly needed now. Once thats done we can focus on youth development.

Season        League                   League Finish                  Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10       Blue Square North            12th                              None
2010/11       Blue Square North            9th                           FA Cup 3rd Round
2011/12       Blue Square North            3rd                           Play-off winners
2012/13       Blue Square Premier          23rd                          Relegated
2013/14       Blue Square North            1st                             Champions
2014/15       Blue Square Premier          1st                            Champions + FA Trophy final
2015/16       League Two                  1st                             Champions
2016/17       League One                    1st                             Champions + JPT Winners
2017/18       Championship                 16th                           Came close to getting the sack this season
2018/19       Championship                 11th                            None
2019/20       Champiosnhip               1st                              Champions
2020/21       Premiership                   13th                           FA Cup Semi-finals

Dartford FC - Barclays Premier League - 2036/37

After a Premier League and Champions League double, the local lads were once again ready to take on the world.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We won this with ease as we were able to rest a lot of players in the run in to the end of the season.

Community Shield - it was nice to meet someone different as we took our chances to win a close match.

UEFA Super Cup - once again we met unfamiliar opposition and we struggled to make our dominance pay. It took a frantic extra time to settle the match where youth player Shayne Hall took a starring role.

Club World Cup - it was a young side but they dominated the match.

Carling Cup - things were looking comfortable until our goalie got himself sent off. Thankfully we managed to hold on for the win.

FA Cup - we absolutely battered our rivals Arsenal but only managed to score once.

UEFA Champions League - it was looking like our early goal would seal it but a late equaliser brought extra time which we dominated thanks to Oswaldo Even. For the first time in seven years we had retained the Champions League.

Transfers - nothing much to see here except Ryan Caddis' move to AC Milan at the end of last season.

Squad - our striking options are really looking up after the concerns of last season.

Squad (youth products) - we now have five players making a major contribution, with all of them capable of more in the future.

Key Player Profiles:

Oswaldo Even - the legend lives on as he improved on last season's disappointment.

Shayne Hall - produced by our own youth system, he played 35 games at the age of 16 and had a pretty good record, the coaches think he can improve a lot so he has the potential to become a club legend.

Gary Gilder - another youth product, he provided numerous assists from the wing. he has a lot of potential so hopefully he can improve physically over the next couple of years.

Alan Arnold - the rock at the centre of my midfield has really proved himself as a good signing, even at £30m.

Lee Pell - as my old partnership ages this former wonderkid is starting to prove himself as a first choice player.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10   Blue Square South        1st         BSS Champions, promoted
2010/11   Blue Square Premier      1st         BSP Champions, Setanta Shield and FA Trophy winners
2011/12   Coca-Cola League 2       2nd         Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League 1       5th         Lost in playoff final
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 1       3rd         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 1       2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca-Cola Championship   14th
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   5th         Lost in playoff semi
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   8th
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   2nd         Promoted
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  15th
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup winners
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Europa League winners
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, World Club and CL winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, World Club and CL winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and CL winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Club World Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, Carling Cup, and CL winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, FA Cup, and World Club winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners

Next Season

With the new transfer policy I was expecting a slide in performance, resulting in surrender of our Premier League title. I've got the opposite, this clean sweep of trophies was the first in nine years. There's not really anywhere we can go from here expect to try and repeat it and introduce more youth players to the first team.

Just to add, for the first time ever, my club is worth over £1b :cool:

I'm going to make my first and only comment regards Hamilton162 - if you'd please afford me the courtesy :)

I've been knocking around here for a fair amount of time now - and I've oft read through Dafuges threads and kept myself to myself - HOWEVER - I simply find it unbelievable that some of the "occurences" in Hamilton's save are genuine. Sorry but there it is. My tuppenth worth seeing as its been mentioned and its something thats sprung to my mind quite often.

EDIT: Ofcourse you cant prove it or anything - but forums are for opinions after all. If you are cheating Hamilton - shame on you...If not - fair play your the luckiest B*stard on the planet...give me your lottery numbers pls..

I've just been presented with possibly the most difficult decision of my career.

A while ago I took on the Romania job with the unlikely aim of qualifying for the World Cup. With a few great results I find myself in this position. I'm on the brink of taking them to the World Cup, with just a draw needed against Italy to stand a great chance of qualifying.

Then this comes in.

With my focus on homegrown youth at Dartford, England was my next ideal job after Romania. This is what the qualification group looks like, a win away in Poland and they are in the World Cup.

Do I chase the dream of taking yet another underdog to the World Cup or should I jump ship to the dream job now?

I've just been presented with possibly the most difficult decision of my career.

A while ago I took on the Romania job with the unlikely aim of qualifying for the World Cup. With a few great results I find myself in this position. I'm on the brink of taking them to the World Cup, with just a draw needed against Italy to stand a great chance of qualifying.

Then this comes in.

With my focus on homegrown youth at Dartford, England was my next ideal job after Romania. This is what the qualification group looks like, a win away in Poland and they are in the World Cup.

Do I chase the dream of taking yet another underdog to the World Cup or should I jump ship to the dream job now?

Question is, stay true to the heart of what your thread is about and stick with Romania, or become the England manager and potentially have an all Dartford England team.

Personally I would take the England job. But to stay true to the heart of your thread I would stick with Romania. Problem is you are not likely to be offered that job again.

Question is, stay true to the heart of what your thread is about and stick with Romania, or become the England manager and potentially have an all Dartford England team.

Personally I would take the England job. But to stay true to the heart of your thread I would stick with Romania. Problem is you are not likely to be offered that job again.

That's the problem. Ideally I want to finish the year with Romania then manage England, although there's no guarantee the job will be available and with time running out on my FM09 game I think this could be my last chance.

I've given in to the temptation :(

I just couldn't turn it down, as much as I loved managing Romania this gives me a chance to help out my Dartford team and really contribute to the development of my homegrown youth. It was a very difficult decision but this is really the best job for me.

I hope Romania make it to the World Cup, although if Italy get a convincing win then it will mean hoping for a good draw in the playoffs.

International Career Overview

Season     Country       Competition                   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2025       Brazil        Confederations Cup            Winners
2026       Brazil        FIFA World Cup                Winners
2027       Brazil        Copa America                  Quarter finalists
2028       Switzerland   European Championship         Group stage
2029       England       Confederations Cup            Winners
2030       England       FIFA World Cup                Semi finalists
2032       Spain         European Championship         Group stage
2033       Jamaica       Gold Cup                      Group Stage
2034       Ghana         FIFA World Cup                Winners
2036       Italy         European Championship         Semi Finalists
2037       Romania       FIFA World Cup qualifying     Left to join England

I've given in to the temptation :(

I just couldn't turn it down, as much as I loved managing Romania this gives me a chance to help out my Dartford team and really contribute to the development of my homegrown youth. It was a very difficult decision but this is really the best job for me.

I hope Romania make it to the World Cup, although if Italy get a convincing win then it will mean hoping for a good draw in the playoffs.

International Career Overview

Season     Country       Competition                   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2025       Brazil        Confederations Cup            Winners
2026       Brazil        FIFA World Cup                Winners
2027       Brazil        Copa America                  Quarter finalists
2028       Switzerland   European Championship         Group stage
2029       England       Confederations Cup            Winners
2030       England       FIFA World Cup                Semi finalists
2032       Spain         European Championship         Group stage
2033       Jamaica       Gold Cup                      Group Stage
2034       Ghana         FIFA World Cup                Winners
2036       Italy         European Championship         Semi Finalists
2037       Romania       FIFA World Cup qualifying     Left to join England

That was a very tough decision dafuge, but i reckon you made the right decision :thup: It's certainly what i would have done in that situation.

So, after taking most of the past week off from playing FM, I resumed my game today. I drew the second leg with BATE, so I'm into the group stages of the EURO Cup... where I was promptly drawn into a group with Dortmund, Palermo and the Romanian Champions FC Timisoara. Yay. :( At least there should be plenty of cash there, since I doubt I'm going to get as lucky as I did in the League Cup with weakened teams in a continental compatition.

Interestingly, there are only three English teams in the group stages of the European Champions Cup, because Manchester United went out in qualifying. It means there's a possiblity of a United/City final in the EURO Cup.

So, now we've finished going over the "is Hamilton a cheat?" issue that really affected my desire to carry on 'cause I'm sorta in the same boat as him in that my team has been at the very high end of possibilities through luck and I'm not exactly looking forward to being acused of cheating, I'm back in the game. It looks like I might have a shot at qualifying from this group. It depends how my third game goes - I was expecting Timisoara to be the weakest team in the group and since I've come through Palermo at home and Dortmund away with a win, a defeat and positive goal difference, if I can get something out of the Timisoara games, I think I have an outside chance of advancing...

My youth academy are givin me some real prospects, but it seems like it takes a long time for them to improve. How much do you guys play them in their early years ?

Heres a couple of my new prospects:

Gemmil

Christie

Gemmil i have high hopes for !

Im getting a bit concerned for Hawley, hes getting some injuries and is not really scoring as much as i want him to.. if he doesnt pick it up he definitly wont be able to complete the Roberts challenge..

My youth academy are givin me some real prospects, but it seems like it takes a long time for them to improve. How much do you guys play them in their early years ?

Heres a couple of my new prospects:

Gemmil

Christie

Gemmil i have high hopes for !

Im getting a bit concerned for Hawley, hes getting some injuries and is not really scoring as much as i want him to.. if he doesnt pick it up he definitly wont be able to complete the Roberts challenge..

I'm throwing them in early and giving them as many games as possible, although I don't usually start to see an obvious improvement in their attributes until the age of about 20. My players barely improve at all between 16 and 18.

I'm throwing them in early and giving them as many games as possible, although I don't usually start to see an obvious improvement in their attributes until the age of about 20. My players barely improve at all between 16 and 18.

Okay.. its about the same for me, the improvements are minimal even though i play them in about 10/15 games a season.. And especially the GK's doesnt seem to improve untill 22-23 and even then its really not much!

Season over and i just got 2 great prospects from our ranks:

Harford

Edwards

I think in five years time i should be able to make a decent team out of my own youth players. The academy has givin me 1 good prospect almost every year.

Im still playing on my 38000 cap. stadium and nothing seems to be happening even though i have 220m in the bank !

Just got knocked out of the Copa America with Brazil.. And seriously i dont think theres much more to do with this Brazil Squad. It definitly doesnt have any sort of quality to win the world cup. Im gonna wait and see if a better job dont come up.

Semi-final

Actually i regret that i left England for this team who just doesnt have real Quality.

Year    Nation       Competition                       Stage Reached
-------------------------------------------------------------------
2048    England  European Championship               Winners
2049    England  Confederations Cup                  Runners up
2050    England  World cup                           Winners
2051    Brazil   Copa America                        Semi-finals

Well problem solved Sacked

Im still playing on my 38000 cap. stadium and nothing seems to be happening even though i have 220m in the bank !

I'm in a similar (but slightly better) situation. My stadium holds 65000 but the council block any further expansion. We have £600m in the bank but no sign of second new stadium.

We actually had a 65000 sell out one match :cool:

Archived