The Italian Job! Italian league thread is here!

calcal

19 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

In half season he NEVER scored in a 1v1 and if as me you love tight formations (4321 or 4312 in particular) it's a mess because with this gameplay they are useless or at least way worse than in real life. I swear this makes me want to stop playing

Which formation are you using? 

Same here, Cristiano scored few goals and have a poor rating... I'm playing in a 4-1-4-1 DM Wide, two inside fowards, Kluivert and El Sharaawy are my starters now, Under is injuried, and now they score in front of the keeper.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Start of 4th season transfers and squad, trying to keep sensible with the spending even though I have £85m left in transfer budget (but only £77m in the bank). May splash out in January if the right player comes available.

20181122180145_1.jpg

20181122180327_1.jpg

2 hours ago, EstebanNero said:

Luperto for £4.4m is a bargain. Let me know how he performs. 

Yeah I was surprised to see him listed for that price. Lazio signed him for £25m at the start of the 19/20 season but he only played a total of 13 league games over 2 years.

9 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

@Harryseaess really nice team! Can you show me how Da GRaca developed? In general I don't look these things but I have already him in my team (Juventus) then no problems :D 
Nice 

Sure.

20181122210422_1.jpg

January 2021 and life in the capital is fantastico. A comfortable 4-0 victory over Milan witnessed us lift the Italian Super cup. Domestically we have an 8 point lead over Juventus whilst Man City lie ahead in Europe. 

The big news however is the signing of a young Italian midfield maestro for a small £4.9m. 

a42a2aa6c7440291c38ba9adc5892a56_XL.jpg

Edited by EstebanNero

Managing Atalanta

Consecutive 4th place finishes in 2019 and 2020 followed by a disappointing 7th in 2021. CL campaigns were also nothing to write home about.

Now finally some real success in 2022! Have just managed to pip Napoli the league title. Won Euro Cup on penos against ManC, and had a narrow loss in Italian Cup final against Napoli (who are proving to be my long-term nemesis over the course of the game).

Notable young players: Melegoni, Cortinovis, Barrow, Kulusevski - all developing superbly and contributing to the team. Varnier was coming along nicely until Barca came along and paid his minium fee release clause :/

Notable Transfers In: Da Graca (4.6mil - instantly became the absolute main man upfront), Raya, William, Goldaniga, Jetro Willems, Sarr (on loan), Marin

Have also hung on to a core group of Mancini, Gosens, De Roon, Freuler, Hateboer who have served me very well. 

Have a £50mil transfer warchest and looking forward to beginning my assault on the Champions League. Also looks like some promising regens coming through the Atalanta youth mill. 

Sold Fazio to United De Rossi got mad, a few days after sold Dzeko to United for 55 milion euros reaching 66M, ALL the squad got mad :mad::mad: but I guess I convinced them to believe in the youngsters of the squad :seagull: 

3 hours ago, Vokes said:

Managing Atalanta

Notable young players: Melegoni, Cortinovis, Barrow, Kulusevski - all developing superbly and contributing to the team. Varnier was coming along nicely until Barca came along and paid his minium fee release clause :/

Nice to see a your Atalanta side making steady progress, Vokes. 

Shame about Varnier as he looks a player. Any note on how Capone has developed? 

13 minuti fa, LucasBR ha scritto:

Atalanta is a gold mine! Tons of VERY GOOD youngsters.

In real life even if they didn't win often, their youth team last year has always been between the best ones. Last 3 years for example they always finished first in their ranking even if unfortunately lost in the final stage

11 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

In real life even if they didn't win often, their youth team last year has always been between the best ones. Last 3 years for example they always finished first in their ranking even if unfortunately lost in the final stage

Yeah, I love italian football and I hope to see the league strong again, and this young guys are the future of Italy. Are you italian?

Atalanta nowadays is particular because is a team focused on discipline. For them is really important that players, specially the youngest ones, are professional inside and outside the pitch (school included).
Think that on the kit (this year not sure, I have to check) they had the sentence ''maglia sudata sempre'' that means ''always sweaty shirt'' (do always your best) . If it doesn't make sense in english I hope I gave an idea :D

6 minuti fa, LucasBR ha scritto:

Yeah, I love italian football and I hope to see the league strong again, and this young guys are the future of Italy. Are you italian?

I hope too! Yes, after the worse national team in our history now seems the situation is getting better! Except for full backs I think we have promising players in every place of the pitch but there is still a lot of work to do :) same for the league but I think the direction is the right one :) 
Yes, you brazilian right? 

21 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Atalanta nowadays is particular because is a team focused on discipline. For them is really important that players, specially the youngest ones, are professional inside and outside the pitch (school included).
Think that on the kit (this year not sure, I have to check) they had the sentence ''maglia sudata sempre'' that means ''always sweaty shirt'' (do always your best) . If it doesn't make sense in english I hope I gave an idea :D

That kind of mentality is the right one... Look Neymar, his a spoiled kid, 27 years old and the brazilian press still call him "Menino Ney" that means his a kid, thats why some europeans coaches doesnt like brazilians.

13 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I hope too! Yes, after the worse national team in our history now seems the situation is getting better! Except for full backs I think we have promising players in every place of the pitch but there is still a lot of work to do :) same for the league but I think the direction is the right one :) 
Yes, you brazilian right? 

Was a tragedy Italy out of World Cup. Yeah I think the future of italian football can be very good, but I think Serie A need more competition, Juve is a galaxy in front of the others hahaha... I fell in love for Roma because of cm 01/02, Batistuta, Totti, Delvecchio, Montella.

Yeah, im brazilian.

19 hours ago, EstebanNero said:

January 2021 and life in the capital is fantastico. A comfortable 4-0 victory over Milan witnessed us lift the Italian Super cup. Domestically we have an 8 point lead over Juventus whilst Man City lie ahead in Europe. 

The big news however is the signing of a young Italian midfield maestro for a small £4.9m. 

a42a2aa6c7440291c38ba9adc5892a56_XL.jpg

744710989_SandroTonali_OverviewAttributes-4.thumb.png.e40d0a3433a8c9c9c3fda725d0919f32.png

Probably the best DLP in the game after 4-5 seasons.

9 ore fa, LucasBR ha scritto:

Was a tragedy Italy out of World Cup. Yeah I think the future of italian football can be very good, but I think Serie A need more competition, Juve is a galaxy in front of the others hahaha... I fell in love for Roma because of cm 01/02, Batistuta, Totti, Delvecchio, Montella.

Yes but I see that almost all medium/top table teams are improving.. Inter in particular :) 

1 ora fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

744710989_SandroTonali_OverviewAttributes-4.thumb.png.e40d0a3433a8c9c9c3fda725d0919f32.png

Kean, Barella, Him, Pellegri, Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Rugani, Verratti, Chiesa, Toniolo, Bernardeschi etc.. In the game I expect a giant Italy in the 2022 WC

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

1 hour ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Yes but I see that almost all medium/top table teams are improving.. Inter in particular :) 

Kean, Barella, Him, Pellegri, Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Rugani, Verratti, Chiesa, Toniolo, Bernardeschi etc.. In the game I expect a giant Italy in the 2022 WC

Bastoni, Mancini, Varnier, Zaniolo, D'Amico, Pinamonti, Cutrone, Caldara, Conti, Adjapong, Pellegrini x2.

2 ore fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

Bastoni, Mancini, Varnier, Zaniolo, D'Amico, Pinamonti, Cutrone, Caldara, Conti, Adjapong, Pellegrini x2.

''Toniolo'' :D No idea why I wrote it like that :D I meant Zaniolo of course
Fagioli, Melegoni too :D the list is long.. Let's hope they will all develop well even in real life :thup:

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

I achieved the impossible with my self made tactic and won both the Serie A & Italian Cup with Atalanta in the FIRST season :cool:

Here is all the screenshots that you guys might be interested about this amazing single season:

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 18.03.06.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 18.02.06.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 18.01.21.png

Btw its really unrealistic that Juve was so bad in the first season and Torino being so freaking invincible is also very, very unrealistic too. 

But i highly recommend this tactic, i am using this for my second save now, in my first save with Gladbach, i won the league twice in row by the end of the third season & won the CL. 

Edited by CapaJr

1 hour ago, CapaJr said:

I achieved the impossible with my self made tactic and won both the Serie A & Italian Cup with Atalanta in the FIRST season :cool:

Here is all the screenshots that you guys might be interested about this amazing single season:

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 18.03.06.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 18.02.06.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 18.01.21.png

Btw its really unrealistic that Juve was so bad in the first season and Torino being so freaking invincible is also very, very unrealistic too. 

But i highly recommend this tactic, i am using this for my second save now, in my first save with Gladbach, i won the league twice in row by the end of the third season & won the CL. 

How much do you paid for Kean??

Something is wrong, SI have to look into this, Juve is awful all the times.

16 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

It has something to do with the AI being really stupid, they sold Rugani(one of the best italian defenders in the game) for 40m and replaced him with Mangala? really??? 

And how can an average squad like Torino can dominate the Serie A in the first season, Serie A started really strange in my save.

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 19.21.51.png

Edited by CapaJr

1 hour ago, CapaJr said:

It has something to do with the AI being really stupid, they sold Rugani(one of the best italian defenders in the game) for 40m and replaced him with Mangala? really??? 

And how can an average squad like Torino can dominate the Serie A in the first season, Serie A started really strange in my save.

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 19.21.51.png

Im in my first season with Roma, im im 1st place and Cagliari is 4th, Cagliari, awful players, no money and great campaing, we see users here that Udinese have won the Calcio in 2nd season... This is not right, not at all!

2 hours ago, LucasBR said:

They were incredible in my first season, lost around five games all season, in all comps.

Second season started much the same.

Edited by RandomGuy.

On 23/11/2018 at 09:04, EstebanNero said:

Any note on how Capone has developed? 

Still have him knocking about as a squad player. His attributes develop very well but he hasn't exactly set the place on fire. As of Aug 2022 has value is about £40mil.

10 ore fa, LucasBR ha scritto:

Cagliari, awful players

Pavoletti is my nightmare ahhah I swear from years he always scores me at least once for match :lol: 

Btw I cheated in Juve career because Ronaldo has been injured 6 months and I restarted my game. I haven't been able to accept it after he already lost 2 months in the same season (the 1st) even if I always make an unreal turnover :D 
Now I regretted it and idk, I think I'll start a new career maybe with Sampdoria. I like their colors, their formation (young, not too many people in loan and perfect for the 4312), their scouting that in real life last years has been great and most of all I love their president

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Second season syndrome with Roma hitting a bit, can't get consistent wins at all. My top scorer from last season, Willian Jose, hasn't scored a single goal yet in the first five months of this season. 

Under, El Shaaraway and Kluivert the only reason I'm winning anything.

Got a £25m deal and contract agreed to bring Emerson back from Chelsea, as Kolarov is leaving at the end of his contract after we fell out. 

Started a media campaign to unsettle Tonali, to replace De Rossi who is wanted by LA Galaxy, and Pellegri, who is ripping the league apart at Cagliari on a loan deal from Monaco.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Season 3 brought an incredibly tough fought domestic double, in which Juve pushed us every step of the way in both competitions. Only 2 defeats and 88 points wasn't enough for Nagelsmann as we retained the Scudetto with 96 points and triumphed in the Coppa final. 

Wary the Old lady would remain strong, we needed a statement signing during the summer that would send shockwaves through the peninsula. £38.5m....

Insigne-bacia-la-maglia-azzurra-740x357.thumb.jpg.3aff093850b08ca924a4ec949fb0d80e.jpg

This thread inspired me to break from my (eminently dull) spell in India and see if I could get Ronaldo scoring for Juventus. Answer: yes :cool:

Also finding Dybala to be handy at #10 (7 goals and 6 assists from 15 starts), and Moise Kean has stepped up with 5 goals in 7 starts to fill in for the perma-injured Bernardeschi. Bayern have offered me £70m+ for Bernardeschi and it's tempting as I can't get him through 2/3 consecutive games without him picking up another knock.

Committed a heinous crime by selling Chiellini to Chelsea for £25m. Benatia to Man Utd for £38m allowed me to bring in De Ligt for £56m from Ajax. Got Tonali from Brescia for £6.5m and we're romping away with the league so far.

Screenshot 2018-11-25 at 20.34.29.png

6 minuti fa, RTHerringbone ha scritto:

Committed a heinous crime by selling Chiellini to Chelsea for £25m.

You should be arrested for real 

:D 

Nice beginning btw, received same offer for Bernardeschi and in this exact moment I am wondering what to do ahah he maybe isn't the best but is hard to find another such versatile good young player :/ 

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

39 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Nice beginning btw, received same offer for Bernardeschi and in this exact moment I am wondering what to do ahah he maybe isn't the best but is hard to find another such versatile good young player :/ 

I took it. I had stalled making a decision but I needed to choose. £45.5m up front. £20m in 2 instalments. £8.75m after 10 international games. 20% next profit.

Christian Pulisic has decent attributes for the Inside Forward Role. Not as good as Bernardeschi yet, but he's 4 years younger so has time. He also has a £57m release clause, so it feels like it makes some sense.

If anyone has any recommendations of decent young Italian Complete Wing Backs, let me know. Pulisic and De Ligt aren't exactly Italian, but I am trying to retain an Italian core at the club.

1 minuto fa, RTHerringbone ha scritto:

I took it. I had stalled making a decision but I needed to choose. £45.5m up front. £20m in 2 instalments. £8.75m after 10 international games. 20% next profit.

Christian Pulisic has decent attributes for the Inside Forward Role. Not as good as Bernardeschi yet, but he's 4 years younger so has time. He also has a £57m release clause, so it feels like it makes some sense.

In my career he joined Liverpool for like 65Mio €. I am looking more for a player that can play on the side but also well behind strikers in a 4312

Btw which skin are you using? I like that stats panel 

Finished the first season.

Results
-Serie A: won

Spoiler

1346502774_Classificaseriea.thumb.JPG.b63fbdbe42b77f8800dd50730c92dcd9.JPG

-Champions league: semifinal
-Coppa Italia: out at first round

Best
-avg rating: Ronaldo
-motm: Dybala
-goals scored: Dybala
-assists: Ronaldo and Alex Sandro
-young player of the season: Kean [he made even some apps in CL but those stats disapperead already]

Spoiler

1719987769_Keanprimastagione.thumb.JPG.221c2c4b8115d8f50b940b2e60e16d62.JPG

Winners in Europe
-Champions league: Inter (vs Atlético Madrid)
-Europa league: Chelsea (vs Milan)
-La liga: Atlético Madrid (2nd Barça and 3rd Real Madrid)
-Premier league: Manchester City (2nd Manchester United and 3rd Liverpool)
-Bundesliga: Gladbach (2nd Dortmund and 3rd Hannover. Bayern 7th but in EL next season)
-Ligue 1: PSG (2nd OM and 3rd OL)

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Just finished first season with Fiorentina.  I simply hoped to achieve European qualification, but ended up winning Serie A 6 points ahead of Napoli.  Like a lot of other people on this thread, surprised by how easy it is, and how poor the likes of Juve, Milan and Inter are, as they were not a threat at all in the league.

Everything clicked at the tail end of the season and we won the last ten matches consecutively.  Giovanni Simeone, after a slow start to the season, scored 11 in the last 9 games to finish joint top scorer in the league.  My team was almost entirely made up of existing players from the original squad, with most of my transfers being investments for the future.  The one exception for this was a Colombian full back/wing back called Juan Roa, signed for about £600k from Santa Fe.  He finished with the highest average rating in all Serie A and came second on the assists chart.    Oh, in the second half of the season I brought in Gabriel Barbosa on loan from Inter, and he was a very handy partner to Simeone, while Kean mostly appeared off the bench.  With no European football in the first season, I hardly needed to rotate at all, and the team was very settled.

Next season I'll have midweek games, and, with all the loan players departing, I'll need to add to the squad considerably.  I have already picked up Tonali and have a deal for Barella from Cagliari to join in the summer.  To go with Kean and Chiesa, that's a very exciting core of young Italians.  I will need some young, up and coming central defenders to give Pezzella and Milinkovic some competition/back up.  Any recommendations?

Nice job btw :D I am the only noob here :lol:

And yes, Juventus sucks compared to real life. I don't understand why even because player attributes are good and the problem is somewhere else.
Now I am curious to see which transfer serie A teams will make, in particular Inter that won the CL. I have almost all leagues of the game set as ''playable'' and more than 150k players loaded then transfers should be more or less realistic I hope. Let's see

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Didn't understand all the complaints about AI Juventus until this 3rd season...after winning the league first 2 seasons with 92 and 88 pts, they have really struggled so far. Main problem this season is that they sold Dybala to PSG with no attacker coming in (only signing was G.Mancini from me). Have been dropping points with lots of annoying 1-1 draws but the other big teams are struggling even more. Anyway, I hope I can keep it up but I have a horror Feb and March with league matches vs Napoli/Roma/Inter, two leg Coppa Italia Semis vs Lazio and UCL 1st Knockout Rd vs Barca.

20181126095253_1.thumb.jpg.0345cf7361f6c284e8e0e3bfdc20fc17.jpg

22 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

@Grundy Skidmark budget? Do you have some preferences of nationality, language spoken etc?

At the moment, right after the end of the season, my budget is only £1m.  Hope to raise more with sales etc, so let's say up to £10m.  EU national would be best, but not too fussy about that or language.

I know he's not a centre back, but I'm really interested in Josha Vagnoman, has anyone successfully brought him to Italy?

4 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

Got Tonali from Brescia for £6.5m

I wish I'd bought him early :(

Brescia got promoted and handed him a huge contract, the refuse to budge from £75m up front, won't even agree to a structured deal. 

Might have to spend a year stalking him and trying to get him to force a move.

Juventus hit a brick wall halfway through my second season, no major outgoings either, Ronaldo averaging just better than a goal every two games.

AC Milan running away with the league, Torino their nearest challengers. 

Started a save with Empoli and well, I can say that the first season was a pleasant surprise. I was expecting a huge fight to avoid relegation, staying in the Serie A, but we managed to even pin a spot in the qualifying stages of the Europa League.

Table

549335762_SerieATIM_OverviewStages.thumb.png.b2e88de8fa9d2d16e2e1fe9bcfb2e407.png

Awards

Spoiler

515921474_Jota_Inbox-2.thumb.png.5ad83a7757473fe32d10bddb43619725.png

1657585541_Jota_Inbox-3.thumb.png.6546fa6205fd6c771e81495774979754.png

Best XI

1856544751_Empoli_HistoryBestEleven.thumb.png.4d5e6425db6106c1d37167e58c2701d1.png

Tottenham paid £51m for Cuadrado on the Winter transfer deadline. I've taken that given how well Kean is playing at Inside Forward. Him, Costa and Pulisic should see us covered in attacking wide areas till the Summer. Spinazzola usually rotates with Alex Sandra at DL, but he can cover further forward if I need.

Cuadrado money was instantly splashed on Frenkie De Jong, who arrives in Summer and will take Khedira's place. Pretty sure I'll be able to flog him to the PL for big money and then buy another wide attacker.

Have also spent time trying to unsettle Pellegri at Monaco. Not working yet, but he might be my long-term Ronaldo replacement. Might actually try to move Big Ron on in the Summer because £1m a week is insane.

I'm monitoring the situation of all decent Italians and loads are unsettled, mostly due to their club underperforming. Verratti hasn't started enough games in Paris, Chiesa, Pellegrini, Romagnoli and Donnarumma are all unhappy. Cutrone looks interesting but my scouts don't think he'll develop any further.

4 hours ago, Daws88 said:

Had a shocking start to my 2nd season with Roma. Currently 10th with about 6 losses on the bounce, think the sack is looming. Belotti has scored 4 goals in 20 games. 

Disappointed in Belotti tbh, did he cost you much?

I'm reliant on wingers to win me games, strikers aren't doing it at all. Schick only scores when he's brought on late.

Xmas 2022 and my Atalanta team are topping the table (closely followed by Napoli). The massive Nov/Dec break due to WC 2022 was a bit weird and caught me out - I thought my game calendar was broken at first!

Only major outgoing in the summer was a 22yo Kulusevski to Leipzig for about 30mil.  Kept the rest of the squad together and of note, added (1) powerful centreback Çağlar Söyüncü (5mil) to the pack, and (2) this regen from Brazil for 8mil who I have high hopes for (if only he can get over his consistency issues).

image.thumb.png.e67cf58cc53443351514cdea21b20f8c.png

Progression to the CL 1st knockout round has been straightforward too. Again, weird that the final group game is after Xmas in Jan due to WC.

In other news, I've been offered the Italy national job (I took it) as they had a disappointing 2nd round exit in Doha. It's a beastly looking squad. 16 of the current squad, incl Melegoni, are valued 50mil+ gbp. Impressive! Naturally, I'm gonna give a few of my Atalanta players a long overdue 1st cap - Mancini, Capone, Goldaniga, Da Graca, Ruggiero, Cortinovis - the national team requires a little less Milan bias :brock: