The Italian Job! Italian league thread is here!

calcal

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hows Willian Jose getting on for you? And I just, just managed to get Manolas on a new deal before he left. Hope you have more luck with Pastore too, was superb, but just couldn't stay fit.

Not so fantastic. 3 goals in 9 matches, but then again, strikers doesn't score much in the game it seems. Overall, I have a problem scoring goals. I mean, I win the matches, but the goals are sparse. I've played 15 competitive matches and in only three of those have I scored more than twice. (Kinda taking the fun out of the game, knowing that two goals is the max I can get). In my 15 matches, I have won 11, drawn 3 and lost 1. I have copied your tactic (sorry), but that's how it is. The three matches where I scored more than twice, was three goals in each of those. Pastore however, has not been injured for me and plays almost every match. He shares the topscorer prize with Lorenzo Pellegrini and Dzeko. 

I'm sitting second in the league, with Inter leading and Juventus third. Next match is away to Juve. 

Edited by Gungner

3 hours ago, Gungner said:

Not so fantastic. 3 goals in 9 matches, but then again, strikers doesn't score much in the game it seems. Overall, I have a problem scoring goals. I mean, I win the matches, but the goals are sparse. I've played 15 competitive matches and in only three of those have I scored more than twice. (Kinda taking the fun out of the game, knowing that two goals is the max I can get). In my 15 matches, I have won 11, drawn 3 and lost 1. I have copied your tactic (sorry), but that's how it is. The three matches where I scored more than twice, was three goals in each of those. Pastore however, has not been injured for me and plays almost every match. He shares the topscorer prize with Lorenzo Pellegrini and Dzeko. 

I'm sitting second in the league, with Inter leading and Juventus third. Next match is away to Juve. 

You're doing far better than me anyway :) I finished outside the top four in the first season.

1 in 3 sounds not too bad? Found strikers being a bit patchy with my set up, unsure if it's a wider issue or just the tactical issue, it's something I always try and find a way to resolve, then a striker goes and bags in a couple of games in a row so I forget.

On the back of my last post I finished the season in 7th picking up some huge wins in the final few games, with Lazio winning the league.

This season sees a busy transfer window with the following ins and outs:

tQ6g5NX.png

Milenkovic being sold (for release clause) pretty much funded our entire transfers in. Pretty happy with who's come in, but time will tell, and I think the only payer I over paid for was Magnani, but I really wanted some younger Italian players and I think he's good enough for a rotation role this year and will get plenty of games.

Which now sees us with a new tactic which looks something like:

A7SAp9C.png

I'm still tinkering with a few of the roles and some of the instructions.

Our European qualification went well and as you'd expect we qualified into the group stage.

K3TTPKX.png

Our group consists of Sevilla, Trabzonspor and Astana. Would expect to finish 2nd at worst.

League has gone well, too, considering the teams we've faced in the first 5 games:

JHC3hrw.png

It would have gone even better if Lafont didn't cost us the 3 points vs. Juventus with this mistake in the 86th minute:

GeDbVJp.gif

Just started up with AC Milan and looking forward to trying to resurrect them. It's a horribly unbalanced squad and very different to the types of teams I usually go for (no pacy wingers). Going for a 4-2-3-1 with wingbacks bombing on whilst Suso and Castillejo cut in. I'm going to try to promote youths as well, whilst placing a real emphasis on signing youngsters for the first team. There are quite a few pieces that I like (Kessié, Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Caldara, Cutrone, Suso, potentially Calhanoglu), so it should just be about complementing those players, whilst trying to overhaul Juve...

A few signings in - mainly focusing on wide players and a few punts on young regens that my scouts recommended. I've never normally added players to teams before and I wonder whether this will make it too easy as it seems quite straightforward to find good regens... AML is a huge issue IMO, so I've taken a chance on quite a few players there. Cleared a bit of dead wood (Abate, Bertolacci) but need to get rid of more in January:

Antonio Marin - £2.5m. Good stats and provides cover for both wingers. Seems to be this year's must buy, so worth a pop!

Juan Manuel Alcala - loan (£1m). Bar the Anticipation and Passing, lots of the stats I'd look for in a striker. Still young and at worst should become a half-decent backup.

Moise Kean - £23m (£32m) . A good player already and also takes something away from Juventus! Will get lots of game time next year when Higuain returns, if not before.

Nicola Lovecchio - £1.4m. Searched a lot for a decent looking LB to develop and this was what I found. Definitely a punt.

Arriving in Jan: 

Dominik Becht - compensation. Lots of good here and offers a lot of variety with where he could eventually play.

Ariel Herrera - £7.5m. I liked the mental stats, but didn't realise quite how old he is. £7.5m is a lot for him, but most of the holding mid attributes are about right and loads of potential

George Baker - £1m. Shedloads of potential from Luton of all places. Another to chuck at the AML position with a good personality and determination.

---

U18s/U20s to track:

Raoul Bellanova (D/WBR) - only a slight shame that Calabria is in his way. A good looking prospect!

Lorenzo Colombo (STC) - apparently has 4* potential and decent attributes in the right places

Gabriele Capanni (AMRL) - should get some game time this year. Also has 4* potential and a position of real need for us.

Emanuele Torrassi (MC) - some nice attributes, particularly mentals, to work from. Need to work on his tackling for a CM spot...

Alessandro Plizzarri (GK) - should make our backup for Donnarumma.

---

Anyway, 7 games in and it's 7 from 7. Best performer so far is definitely Calabria, with Kessié also pretty good. Our two biggest games were definitely our two  best:

658257941_JuventusvMilan_MatchReview.thumb.png.7825ab8fe4b555e48d58f270e6d6d3cd.png

1928059803_MilanvChelsea_MatchReview.thumb.png.0acb1c55da91af80187ae9c861513daf.png

Started the second season with Palermo, not had a bad start P5 W3 L2 in the opening games and my team seems to play well, even in the losses. With a tiny wage budget that barely covered the wage increases for promotion, i was looking around the squad for players to cut. Out went Murawski (£2.2 mill) and and a number on loan, but with little over 2 million to spend I didn't believe I could attract many players. I got Harry Wilson on loan as my major signing, the transfer money for Schmid was from last years budget. Then comes the weird bit:

In the summer Norbert Balogh came back from a loan and I was really impressed with his stats so I gave him a new contract with a £25 million release clause. His value rockets to 10 mill and Roma  and Lyon become interested. My idea was to convert him to play as a more mobile target man to complement Puscas (he's a giant at 6'5), but within 2 weeks of pre-season one bid of 14 mill had him unsettled and pissed off as I rejected it as it was mostly after 50 appearances. Two days before the end of the transfer window Lyon and Roma both make bids, my board let me negotiate the Lyon bid who eventually just activate his release clause... The other from Roma is accepted at £18 mil, 10 upfront and the rest in installments etc. Thankfully he chose Lyon and said farewell. In the final days of the transfer window I managed to sign Sergi Samper (£1.8 mill) and Mbemba for (4 mill); and finalise loan deals for Loftus Cheek and Marc Navarro to boost my limited squad.

image.thumb.png.9193f75ede5a37a593a13dd6c62d45fa.png

So yea, thanks Balogh, you never played a game for us but you saved me from using 99% of the serie B squad. Despite the high transfer fee, I only have 3 million left in the budget. Didn't have time to get in a striker Cheick Diabate rejected me after a successful trial, so Kevin Cannavo is now my second striker. I can't get a pressing forward to work in this formation, but he's playing ok as a target man so who cares.

image.thumb.png.bced308e11af70cc614135376a784b94.png

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're doing far better than me anyway :) I finished outside the top four in the first season.

1 in 3 sounds not too bad? Found strikers being a bit patchy with my set up, unsure if it's a wider issue or just the tactical issue, it's something I always try and find a way to resolve, then a striker goes and bags in a couple of games in a row so I forget.

Well, I kinda forget that my striker aint scoring aswell, since my midfield and defense does. But not being able to score more than twice is a bit annoying... all my games (exept three) has ended 1-0, 1-1 or 2-1. The other three games has ended 3-1, 3-2 and 3-2). 

My Champions League campaign is going great. I beat CSKA Moscow and Fenerbache with 1-0 and 2-1 respectively, before losing 0-1 to Barcelona at Camp Nou. In the return match, I beat them 2-1 at Olimpico thanks to an overtime strike from Pastore. Now I just need one point in the last two matches to advance. Should be doable. 

Next league match is away to Juventus. A loss brings me down to third. A draw keeps me at second. A win sends to me first. So a lot to play for in that match. 

Edited by Gungner

7 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Is someone of you using the 4312 or the 41212 narrow?

I do. I'm currently managing Sampdoria, where the squad was already limited in options for natural wingers so they're a natural fit for those formations. Just recently overwrote and restarting the career all over again as I'm using the expanded leagues database this time, but results were pretty great in the previous save, consistently securing top half places in the league. As expected, the defensive side of our game was pretty suspect and we're leaking a lot of goals originated from the flanks, but I'm yet to experiencing what the other players in this forum seemed to be struggling with in scoring goals, as Defrel (loaned player in the first season,) Inglese (joined after the first season) and the seemingly evergreen Quagliarella constantly banging them in pretty comfortably in almost every matches.

34 minuti fa, bangkonggedek ha scritto:

I do. I'm currently managing Sampdoria, where the squad was already limited in options for natural wingers so they're a natural fit for those formations. Just recently overwrote and restarting the career all over again as I'm using the expanded leagues database this time, but results were pretty great in the previous save, consistently securing top half places in the league. As expected, the defensive side of our game was pretty suspect and we're leaking a lot of goals originated from the flanks, but I'm yet to experiencing what the other players in this forum seemed to be struggling with in scoring goals, as Defrel (loaned player in the first season,) Inglese (joined after the first season) and the seemingly evergreen Quagliarella constantly banging them in pretty comfortably in almost every matches.

Which roles do you use for the CAM and the 2 ST?

2 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Which roles do you use for the CAM and the 2 ST?

For the strikers I used a Pressing Forward and a Deep Lying Forward. Most of the times, both are set on Attack duty.

For the central attacking midfielder, honestly I'm still not entirely convinced with their individual performances in general within the tactical set up; but I've found that simply using an Attacking Midfielder (Support) works best compared to the others in at least keep the gears running for the whole team, and consequently it seemed to improves the performances of the strikers and the two midfielders right behind him.

10 hours ago, jonathan44 said:

Started the second season with Palermo, not had a bad start P5 W3 L2 in the opening games and my team seems to play well, even in the losses. With a tiny wage budget that barely covered the wage increases for promotion, i was looking around the squad for players to cut. Out went Murawski (£2.2 mill) and and a number on loan, but with little over 2 million to spend I didn't believe I could attract many players. I got Harry Wilson on loan as my major signing, the transfer money for Schmid was from last years budget. Then comes the weird bit:

In the summer Norbert Balogh came back from a loan and I was really impressed with his stats so I gave him a new contract with a £25 million release clause. His value rockets to 10 mill and Roma  and Lyon become interested. My idea was to convert him to play as a more mobile target man to complement Puscas (he's a giant at 6'5), but within 2 weeks of pre-season one bid of 14 mill had him unsettled and pissed off as I rejected it as it was mostly after 50 appearances. Two days before the end of the transfer window Lyon and Roma both make bids, my board let me negotiate the Lyon bid who eventually just activate his release clause... The other from Roma is accepted at £18 mil, 10 upfront and the rest in installments etc. Thankfully he chose Lyon and said farewell. In the final days of the transfer window I managed to sign Sergi Samper (£1.8 mill) and Mbemba for (4 mill); and finalise loan deals for Loftus Cheek and Marc Navarro to boost my limited squad.

image.thumb.png.9193f75ede5a37a593a13dd6c62d45fa.png

So yea, thanks Balogh, you never played a game for us but you saved me from using 99% of the serie B squad. Despite the high transfer fee, I only have 3 million left in the budget. Didn't have time to get in a striker Cheick Diabate rejected me after a successful trial, so Kevin Cannavo is now my second striker. I can't get a pressing forward to work in this formation, but he's playing ok as a target man so who cares.

image.thumb.png.bced308e11af70cc614135376a784b94.png

What does your tactic look like?

13 hours ago, dokera said:

What does your tactic look like?

Fairly simple 4-2-3-1. Custom tika-taka on attacking mentality. Palermo start with 2 very attacking fullbacks and I added wingers from the market and youth teams to sublement wing play. The DLP rarely attacks and Chochev is the best cheap B2B in the game. I found the in transition 'distribute to playmaker' really helpful to avoid my CB's messing up.

image.thumb.png.2d2551748837dc5675d059a17a101227.png

Roma 2020/21 - Review

1284353115_SerieA_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.a6d44b85155ce5d983b7dc9d1464b898.png

Came down to the final match. Needed to win and were 3-2 down with 20 minutes left. Da Graca came on, scored twice, and set up another. He ended up playing a major part with important goals, as he scored a late winner against Parma, and also a winner in what ended up a decisive game against Juventus. Ronaldo is a monster for them.

1434441528_ASRoma_PlayersPlayers.thumb.png.d011cc6d8b3557f32e0757396b7824bd.png

Mertens the "worst", but thats hampered by numerous late sub appearances where he barely got a touch, he done exactly the job I wanted. Da Graca put in a great showing, and Berardi stepped right up. Left wing was an issue, El Shaaraway and Kluivert really poor.

We've already agreed two signings for next season..

1255069270_KwadwoAsamoah_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.7f6a8846efacbee6d12f99ca70068706.png

Asamoah on a free, as since we left Emerson move I'd had no real cover for Pellegrini. Wanted someone who'll happily be back up, but be capable of stepping in, as Pellegrini is injury prone. Perfect player for me.

1511611642_AndreaBelotti_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.876e0551af5e6e7e33bc3aed414eb37d.png

£25m.

Didn't plan on this, usually have an idea of next seasons squad a year in advance, and next year was meant to be the same as this year, but with Da Graca being out and out second choice and Mertens third. Belotti is seemingly unhappy with Tottenham and demanded a transfer, and £25m seems like a bargain. Prolific, Italian, different to Maxi Gomez, available for far less than hes worth. I couldn't turn down the chance of that.

Edited by RandomGuy.

So I'm in November and somehow Cannavo is one of the top scorers in the league, but I've only just noticed that he unsettled and his major complaint is being denied a loan move! He's played in 11 of 13 games this season including 8 starts.

image.thumb.png.31f3cf4ff6ac51e948c2142e93314611.png

Anyone seen something as idiotic as this? And if so, any way to sort it?

23 hours ago, jonathan44 said:

So I'm in November and somehow Cannavo is one of the top scorers in the league, but I've only just noticed that he unsettled and his major complaint is being denied a loan move! He's played in 11 of 13 games this season including 8 starts.

image.thumb.png.31f3cf4ff6ac51e948c2142e93314611.png

Anyone seen something as idiotic as this? And if so, any way to sort it?

Change his squad status maybe, if you haven't already? 

29 minutes ago, Chr1s Lawson said:

Change his squad status maybe, if you haven't already? 

He was already rotation, took until the 2nd week in January and 11 goals in 19 games for him to final not be annoyed at being unable to join a serie B side who's second bottom (trying not to be bitter about this!). Really struggled in Nov/Dec, a tough run of games led to my team falling apart, going out by 1 goal in the Italian Cup was frustrating but it was against Juve. 

image.thumb.png.8615e887015b8ed47df992931dc83d6c.png

image.thumb.png.ba3382e3613b40b62a5631c494c05eb9.png

Thoroughly midtable in the winter break. I've just signed Denis Vavro and agreed to sign Danilo Cataldi to play B2B at the end of contract, but can't afford his buy it now price. Chochev seem's to play really well with Santoro, but terribly with Samper, so I need a rotation option. Eddy Gnahore isn't of a sufficient standard for the league and Gennaro Ruggiero has damaged his Achilles so I'm very short in CM.

1337777471_FrancescoGrilli_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.4b67c681b81c128d354206575be4618e.png

How much money would people spend on this guy?

I have Justin Kluivert as first choice on that wing, with an ageing El Shaaraway back up. Wanted a winger to provide something different as both are IFs.

They refuse to negotiate but I've not tried pushing yet, can't decide how much hes worth.

Roma 2021 Summer Transfers

739498176_ASRoma_TransferHistory.thumb.png.4400b6e58d3a0db1dbb1b76ba885ca1c.png

A few notable outs.

Pereira was moved on to make space for Zaniolo. Signed on a free two seasons ago, and scored 9 goals in 54 league games, before being sold for almost £30m. Perfect.

Nani, Bianda and Broughton haven't progressed at all, and were sold off without hesitation as I streamline things.

Cutrone scored 0 goals in 27 games for me, then 2 in 16 for Bologna, who refused an option to sign him after a loan spell. Fulham the only club who offered anything for him. I paid £5m, but add in wages and the percentage I owed Milan, and I'll have made a loss. I'm owed 20% of any profit they earn.

Raya was unhappy, took another loss but put a clause in there too. Rajkovic will be second choice this year.

Incomings are more exciting.

Kwadwo Asamoah Free from Inter - Will provide cover for Pellegrini. 

Spoiler

640799766_KwadwoAsamoah_OverviewProfile-2.thumb.png.848f2da0346d0bfc6bb66707316b7130.png

Sebastian Luperto £5.5m from Fiorentia - Wanted a youngish Italian CB to provide cover. I've not had any real CB cover for a while, apart from Ampadu on a multi-season loan. Cheap and cheerful.

Spoiler

589135792_SebastianoLuperto_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.e54528f950e12ff9132817eb9502f9fd.png

Emanuel Mammana £12.5m from Bayern - Bayern signed him for almost £40m two seasons ago, so was surprised he was listed for such a low fee. A clear upgrade on Llorente. Makes the Luperto signing a bit reduntant, but had signed him first.

Spoiler

447484608_EmanuelMammana_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.d03c3340c331f1a2f06d6124d475bcca.png

Andrea Belotti £23m from Tottenham - Demanded a transfer after "promises made when signing weren't met". Half of Europe wanted him, so I didn't hesitate. A real statement of intent I think. Shame for Maxi Gomez, whos been superb, and De Graca, who was breaking through, but Belotti is incredible for that money,

Spoiler

1460989860_AndreaBelotti_OverviewProfile-2.thumb.png.3a157f22084199bcc742c46d52100242.png

2nd season review - I won everything, the team was so stacked + Alisson will join me in the summer because of the non-EU players rules.. I bought him in January for €66m

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.3587601127e09c09f9e21c1322724438.jpg

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.08e0650844d07ea3c6b6dbcb07f15321.jpg

Untitled-3.thumb.jpg.3678a2ebaadca32956b8abc39037e227.jpg

Unfortunately, my U23 was relegated back to Serie C. 10 red +95 yellow cards :mad: I will sack the U23 manager and assistant manager.

Untitled-11.thumb.jpg.5898b6fb7e758d0d57e965f67c35c1aa.jpg

Edited by saosinfan4

On 15/12/2018 at 12:37, Mikal said:

On the back of my last post I finished the season in 7th picking up some huge wins in the final few games, with Lazio winning the league.

This season sees a busy transfer window with the following ins and outs:

tQ6g5NX.png

Milenkovic being sold (for release clause) pretty much funded our entire transfers in. Pretty happy with who's come in, but time will tell, and I think the only payer I over paid for was Magnani, but I really wanted some younger Italian players and I think he's good enough for a rotation role this year and will get plenty of games.

Which now sees us with a new tactic which looks something like:

A7SAp9C.png

Good to see another Fiorentina manager here!  How did you get on with Chiesa in the middle?  I've been tempted by some formations without wide attackers, but didn't want to sacrifice Chiesa as an IF.

Also, how did you manage to get Arp so cheaply?

Got a good save with Inter going, top of Serie A after 13 games, 3 points ahead of Parma and Juve. 2 defeats so far, at home to Juve and away to Bologna (who were top when we played them).

Difficult CL group too with Atletico, Spurs and Ludogorets. Drew 3-3 at Wembley in a bonkers game, lost at the San Siro to Atleti and managed to draw the reverse fixture with an 85th minute equaliser from Joao Mario. Got Ludogorets away and Spurs at home. Win those 2 and we'll go through.

Top performers so far have been Icardi (13 in 14 as a Pressing Forward), De Vrij, Skriniar and surprisingly Borja Valero who has bossed it as a DLP-S. Don't think I'll make too many changes in January, will try to promote youth like Bastoni next season. It's disappointing he's not getting any game time at Parma whatsoever, it would have been better if he were at least training using our superior facilities. Same case with Dimarco too. 

8 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Got a good save with Inter going, top of Serie A after 13 games, 3 points ahead of Parma and Juve. 2 defeats so far, at home to Juve and away to Bologna (who were top when we played them).

Difficult CL group too with Atletico, Spurs and Ludogorets. Drew 3-3 at Wembley in a bonkers game, lost at the San Siro to Atleti and managed to draw the reverse fixture with an 85th minute equaliser from Joao Mario. Got Ludogorets away and Spurs at home. Win those 2 and we'll go through.

Top performers so far have been Icardi (13 in 14 as a Pressing Forward), De Vrij, Skriniar and surprisingly Borja Valero who has bossed it as a DLP-S. Don't think I'll make too many changes in January, will try to promote youth like Bastoni next season. It's disappointing he's not getting any game time at Parma whatsoever, it would have been better if he were at least training using our superior facilities. Same case with Dimarco too. 

Have you had much interest in Skriniar/Icardi yet?

Always felt it could be a struggle to keep them at Inter early on.

Good to see this thread still going strong :cool: I am firing up my Torino save after being busy with work last few weeks. Pre signing Mario Balotelli, on free for next season as i felt we lacking back up in striker department, Zaza, have been **** poor :( 

22 hours ago, Grundy Skidmark said:

Good to see another Fiorentina manager here!  How did you get on with Chiesa in the middle?  I've been tempted by some formations without wide attackers, but didn't want to sacrifice Chiesa as an IF.

Also, how did you manage to get Arp so cheaply?

Yeah he was good through the middle, I think he'll perform in most positions to be honest. I did move him back out wide because of injuries. I'm in the process of looking at a new formation as I simply can't get my strikers performing anymore so probably going to ditch the two up top.

Can't remember how Arp came so cheap, I assume he was transfer listed but I'm not sure. HSV got promoted first season as well. He's developing really well, but hasn't performed.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have you had much interest in Skriniar/Icardi yet?

Always felt it could be a struggle to keep them at Inter early on.

I'm playing FMT, so I'm not going to have a player mutiny on my hands if I refuse them moves. No interest in Skriniar so far, although he is asking for a ginormous pay increase to 120k p/w which I refused straight off the bat. He still has 4 years on his contract so I'm going to wait on that one.

Big interest in Icardi although no bids made so far. Will look to get rid of that release clause he starts the game with at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, rafaelbenitez said:

How's the rest of your tactic? Curious to see how to get the most out of a lone striker.. And I love a real goalgetter like Icardi in my team! Just find it difficult to get them performing consistently.

This is my tactic mate, not my first choice 11 though, been rotating quite a bit:

2w2n6gl.jpg

Icardi:

2yttoac.jpg

I'd recommend utilising a PF-A if you're struggling to get anything out of a lone striker. Most strikers in the game are at least semi competent with this role and it seems to be quite effective with the current ME.

19 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

No PI's?

Just default roles for all positions, no additional instructions.

Went into my last CL group game level with Spurs, ahead on head to head. Needed only a draw to advance. Icardi however picked up a knock prior to the game and that meant I had to start with Lautaro who has developed very well but still had not scored a single goal and he then went and did this:

mblsg4.jpg

Feared the worst when Spurs took the lead but we equalised not long after and took complete control of the game. Atleti were group winners so there's a chance I'll go out in the next round. Not necessarily the worst thing in the world as I've met minimum expectations and can then concentrate on going all out for the Scudetto.

Brilliant to see you beat Spurs :cool: I am currently sitting 4th with Torino, just hit March month. Just got my youth intakes, only got 3 decent ones and 2 kind of average and rest of them was poor :( Here is top 3 rated,

15c7d00b9eb2eefbaa977ac8aa8924be.png 

bdc8a1102de3b5794b9c46ae0d3daeff.png 

835acaf831480f11b026bde77c5cf6d6.png 

fae0e67e9f0cebf9aa6ff5c1db2f3b19.png 

7d102cbf5a521470d16bdda9bb8f6552.png 

202f8d1baa38bcd6cfeaf810adc0b9f4.png 

Don't know how we got this fella through when we don't have any Belgium nationally coaches :D  I got high hopes for Franco, will probably sell Zaza( If I can) and others so I can play Franco and boost his development.

Edited by john1

On 17/12/2018 at 14:56, saosinfan4 said:

Damn. My first league defeat. Their right-back scored a 92th minute winning golazo from 30m.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.8eb83cd07eb811d90c9cfb161c4aac78.jpg

Nice man, what's your tactics and squad looking like? 

Just in pre season on my juve save now.

Some very nice youth prospects there, @john1.

I've reached the end of January on my save. Received an offer of 17.5m rising to 19.5m (based on international appearances) for Matias Vecino. Considering he's been my second choice DM and is on very high wages, it was a no brainer especially as I managed to sign Tonali for 7.5m. Fan reactions can be outright ridiculous in this game. Board confidence was 35% for Vecino's sale as he's a first team player apparently. Social feed had fans saying they'll set fire to their season tickets if Vecino is sold :lol:. Bizarre.

Also sent Gabriel Barbosa on loan to Hoffenheim after he returned from Santos as he doesn't really fit into my team for now. Will try and re-integrate him over the summer. Suffered an embarrassing defeat to Hellas on penalties in the Coppa Italia. Played a completely second string team and struggled to break them down. However, managed to win at 2nd placed Lazio to move 9 points clear after 20 games. Scudetto is ours to lose, so can hopefully rotate my squad before the CL knockouts against Bayern.

7 hours ago, Ant26587 said:

Nice man, what's your tactics and squad looking like? 

Just in pre season on my juve save now.

The first season I used 4-2-3-1, Manzukic - left WTM, Douglas Costa - right IF and 4-2-4 against weaker opponents. Later-stage Champions League games 4-1DM-2CM-2Winger-1

This is my main tactic since 2019/20

Untitled-1.thumb.png.8ef55e307ba621af1778534fb5baea4d.png

I dominated the Champions League

Untitled-5.thumb.jpg.ee3cdd7b689d797cf43c7377c39c486b.jpg

Against much weaker opponents - 

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.f4f1e9cba85963a78cad348f202b1143.jpg

My squad right now (early 3rd season)

Untitled-3.thumb.jpg.2c8745ecec497c163727308defcfead9.jpg

1st season transfers

2nd season transfers

3rd season transfers

Untitled-4.thumb.jpg.dc7c4549cdc89a0f6f395306f0ea5f26.jpg

Right now, I'm concentrating on youth and bought many young players.

Spoiler

Untitled-6.thumb.jpg.651305dd2cab103711d03c3bdbb49dbe.jpg

Untitled-7.thumb.jpg.19677d808db92e0981f65690c82e7f4f.jpg

Untitled-8.thumb.jpg.22de9e96eb8512c88821b6622803b4c5.jpg

Untitled-9.thumb.jpg.2b234fada79a57cac9689bfcb5430769.jpg

Untitled-10.thumb.jpg.c144b84bde44df8961bcb244aaf244f2.jpg

Untitled-11.thumb.jpg.f9906a873594d691418d1757cf13654f.jpg

My best youth intake

Untitled-12.thumb.jpg.b87f6c63dc3ac7d42e22319a652f9755.jpg

2nd best youth intake

Untitled-13.thumb.jpg.b39c9bd1c16204ffa0f6fbd6b7c1e3f1.jpg

Untitled-14.thumb.jpg.6d4b57607761f243567cb444ba0db091.jpg

Untitled-15.thumb.jpg.d1ae8f709e5d8aeeed396bdaa9e98b04.jpg

Untitled-19.thumb.jpg.4e13d904dbf278d8d5d459f9042ff9ad.jpg

Untitled-16.thumb.jpg.e75b626146e551598ef1ed007fec1e58.jpg

Untitled-17.thumb.jpg.03a02777e406eb2da938350204e57e95.jpg

Damn. This site does not allow me to upload more files 

Edited by saosinfan4

End of Season

image.thumb.png.1070b9ed164635f9145b0b38c3985fd8.png

Respectable 9th place finish, but as you can see I was miles off 8th/the euro places, didn't play very well against the top opposition (Inter, Napoli, Juventus and Roma all did the double over me) which ultimately let me down.

image.thumb.png.835e3f7c7428ec01a6703e592a57a680.png

Didn't do many more transfers, Dalot and Wilson's loans have been extended for next season but with little to nothing in the bank I'm very limited. Mbemba and Vavro haven't played fantastically well or tightened up my defense, but with a tough goalkeeper situation (1st choice Posavec went out on loan to fund Cataldi's transfer) and then a subsequent 3 month injury to Brignoli left me with a 1.5star 20 year old in goal so I'm hoping another season will help gel them together.

No new budget from the club and they won't offer me a contract that doesn't give me a 1k per week paycut despite a very healthy overall balance of £39 million.

21 minutes ago, jonathan44 said:

End of Season

Respectable 9th place finish, but as you can see I was miles off 8th/the euro places, didn't play very well against the top opposition (Inter, Napoli, Juventus and Roma all did the double over me) which ultimately let me down.

Didn't do many more transfers, Dalot and Wilson's loans have been extended for next season but with little to nothing in the bank I'm very limited. Mbemba and Vavro haven't played fantastically well or tightened up my defense, but with a tough goalkeeper situation (1st choice Posavec went out on loan to fund Cataldi's transfer) and then a subsequent 3 month injury to Brignoli left me with a 1.5star 20 year old in goal so I'm hoping another season will help gel them together.

No new budget from the club and they won't offer me a contract that doesn't give me a 1k per week paycut despite a very healthy overall balance of £39 million.

Decent finish :thup: 

Will finish my first season with Torino today :D Would be happy if we could get European football next season. Also signing  Tonali for next season, currently got 27M to spend and will looking to invest in left and right back, central defenders. And probably looking to improve the coaching set up too through the club.

Also, attended interview for Spurs job, they went for Leonardo Jardim in the end :( 

Edited by john1

On 26/11/2018 at 05:22, ParanoidBuddha said:

Finished the first season.

Results
-Serie A: won

Reveal hidden contents

1346502774_Classificaseriea.thumb.JPG.b63fbdbe42b77f8800dd50730c92dcd9.JPG

-Champions league: semifinal
-Coppa Italia: out at first round

Best
-avg rating: Ronaldo
-motm: Dybala
-goals scored: Dybala
-assists: Ronaldo and Alex Sandro
-young player of the season: Kean [he made even some apps in CL but those stats disapperead already]

Reveal hidden contents

1719987769_Keanprimastagione.thumb.JPG.221c2c4b8115d8f50b940b2e60e16d62.JPG

Winners in Europe
-Champions league: Inter (vs Atlético Madrid)
-Europa league: Chelsea (vs Milan)
-La liga: Atlético Madrid (2nd Barça and 3rd Real Madrid)
-Premier league: Manchester City (2nd Manchester United and 3rd Liverpool)
-Bundesliga: Gladbach (2nd Dortmund and 3rd Hannover. Bayern 7th but in EL next season)
-Ligue 1: PSG (2nd OM and 3rd OL)

What tactic are you using? I'm using 4-3-3 at the moment, quite solid at the back, but I can't seem to find a place for Dybala in that system. I'm retraining him for that IF RW spot, but halfway through the first season he's still fairly average in terms of production. Man Utd is tapping him up, and I might have to sell if he's not improving soon. 

14 hours ago, saosinfan4 said:

The first season I used 4-2-3-1, Manzukic - left WTM, Douglas Costa - right IF and 4-2-4 against weaker opponents. Later-stage Champions League games 4-1DM-2CM-2Winger-1

This is my main tactic since 2019/20

Untitled-1.thumb.png.8ef55e307ba621af1778534fb5baea4d.png

I dominated the Champions League

Untitled-5.thumb.jpg.ee3cdd7b689d797cf43c7377c39c486b.jpg

Against much weaker opponents - 

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.f4f1e9cba85963a78cad348f202b1143.jpg

My squad right now (early 3rd season)

Untitled-3.thumb.jpg.2c8745ecec497c163727308defcfead9.jpg

1st season transfers

2nd season transfers

3rd season transfers

Untitled-4.thumb.jpg.dc7c4549cdc89a0f6f395306f0ea5f26.jpg

Right now, I'm concentrating on youth and bought many young players.

Hide contents

Untitled-6.thumb.jpg.651305dd2cab103711d03c3bdbb49dbe.jpg

Untitled-7.thumb.jpg.19677d808db92e0981f65690c82e7f4f.jpg

Untitled-8.thumb.jpg.22de9e96eb8512c88821b6622803b4c5.jpg

Untitled-9.thumb.jpg.2b234fada79a57cac9689bfcb5430769.jpg

Untitled-10.thumb.jpg.c144b84bde44df8961bcb244aaf244f2.jpg

Untitled-11.thumb.jpg.f9906a873594d691418d1757cf13654f.jpg

My best youth intake

Untitled-12.thumb.jpg.b87f6c63dc3ac7d42e22319a652f9755.jpg

2nd best youth intake

Untitled-13.thumb.jpg.b39c9bd1c16204ffa0f6fbd6b7c1e3f1.jpg

Untitled-14.thumb.jpg.6d4b57607761f243567cb444ba0db091.jpg

Untitled-15.thumb.jpg.d1ae8f709e5d8aeeed396bdaa9e98b04.jpg

Untitled-19.thumb.jpg.4e13d904dbf278d8d5d459f9042ff9ad.jpg

Untitled-16.thumb.jpg.e75b626146e551598ef1ed007fec1e58.jpg

Untitled-17.thumb.jpg.03a02777e406eb2da938350204e57e95.jpg

Damn. This site does not allow me to upload more files 

Nice man, I think I might give your tactic a try once I get a few people in, thanks. Those regens are insane!

22 hours ago, jonathan44 said:

End of Season

Do you adjust your tactic to the opponent? Considering you use two wingers on attack, how varied the types of goals you score? Is it one dimensional: dribble, cross, shot?

Your both wingbacks have attack duties, complemented by attacking mentality. How vulnerable are you and where do opponent goals come from?

Edited by dokera

51 minutes ago, dokera said:

Do you adjust your tactic to the opponent? Considering you use two wingers on attack, how varied the types of goals you score? Is it one dimensional: dribble, cross, shot?

Your both wingbacks have attack duties, complemented by attacking mentality. How vulnerable are you and where do opponent goals come from?

You

Yes, a few games in my bad spell I went for a 4-1-2-3-0 formation to shore up the defence, but without a striker I had no outlet ball. In the end I've fluctuated between 4-2-3-1 CM and this one, dropping both CM's back to CDM helps and with a Segunda volancte in place he still supports forward runs, whilst my full backs still bomb on regardless (I change their mentalities most games). Against some of the bottom half teams I play very attacking, but with my GK issues I've been caught out too many times. I'm retraining Santoro to CDM but he's not a natural yet.

image.thumb.png.997259235cc5b9fc6e213ddf55d8ecad.png

Most of my conceded goals come from the left, but statistically I score most from the left... Most goals are built from the wings, but I score from various positions but I rarely score many freekicks or corners.

@john1 I just bought Tonali as well as I don't think Samper will be with me much longer, he wants a new contract on double the rest of my players salaries which I really can't afford. Despite their low finish, Torino plays an interesting 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond that destroyed me away from home.

Bull_Torino-FC-fb-page.jpg

END OF SEASON ONE 2018/19

21a4c0cca8b55e11c108ba3ddd8e53af.png5778bd90b3d5b3867aa0375d1cf52e61.png 

Came close to getting CL spot, went to the last day, we played AC Milan away, Fiorentina played Sassuolo, away. We ended up losing 3-2 and Fiorentina, won 3-1. I can't complain how the season went for us. I am surprised to see Inter Milan winning the league :eek:

Looking to offload deadwood players next seaon, and promote few youngsters into senior team.

Edited by john1