Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FM 20.4 and 20.3 me 2040  Tactics  (includes FM 20.2 Beta tactics and FM 20.2.4)

TACTIC LINKS AND TACTIC RANKINGS FROM THE INDEPENDENT TESTS (MR L & FM BASE) ARE NOW ON GOOGLE DOCS LINK BELOW

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Top Club say 1-4 in League (Lpool MC etc)

Sub Top  3-7 in League

Sub Top 5-10 in League

Sub Mid 11-15

Underdog the rest

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

FOR SUS AT END OF GAME TRY - REGROUP AND HOLD SHAPE

MENTALITY MATTERS GUIDE

MRr Hough recommended shouts

Use shouts Show Some Passion and Demand More. Also concentrate if leading by a few goals

2 hours ago, knap said:

@Bob47

Takers are shown in routine, otherwise not set.

I not speak a very good english, i'm french. So i don't understand every thing. Sorry for this

For this tactic do you use something like this: right throw in take by right back, left throw in take by left back, right corner take by right winger, left corner take by left winger? 

Or maybe do you let the twice corners shoot to the best corner shooter of your team? Thanks

@christrott79

We understand from some of the feedback seen in this thread that the news of no further match engine changes for FM20 will disappoint some here. But looking at sentiment overall and the number of people playing the game, the majority of our players are playing and enjoying FM more than ever before.

5 minutes ago, knap said:

@christrott79

We understand from some of the feedback seen in this thread that the news of no further match engine changes for FM20 will disappoint some here. But looking at sentiment overall and the number of people playing the game, the majority of our players are playing and enjoying FM more than ever before.

Lets hope so. Would be nice to be able to get a long term save going!

Have you looked at the Black Echo as a 424?

Hello guys,

I've been using Magdeburg, 3rd tier in germany, i finished my first season, but couldnt quite get into the top 3. My tactics, a 5-2-1-2. Some games I have like 40 shots but my team just wouldnt score. Most wins in the league but also lots of losses. Good run of form, followed by bad run of form. I'd like to keep playing with 3 at the back and 2 CWB, but I'm not sure what to do for next season. Do you guys have any advice for me? I'd like to get promoted next season, maybe even finish first.

Screenshot (35).png

Screenshot (36).png

vor 5 Stunden schrieb knap:

FM 20.4 and 20.3 me 2040  Tactics  (includes FM 20.2 Beta tactics and FM 20.2.4)

TACTIC LINKS AND TACTIC RANKINGS FROM THE INDEPENDENT TESTS (MR L & FM BASE) ARE NOW ON GOOGLE DOCS LINK BELOW

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Top Club say 1-4 in League (Lpool MC etc)

Sub Top  3-7 in League

Sub Top 5-10 in League

Sub Mid 11-15

Underdog the rest

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

FOR SUS AT END OF GAME TRY - REGROUP AND HOLD SHAPE

MENTALITY MATTERS GUIDE

MRr Hough recommended shouts

Use shouts Show Some Passion and Demand More. Also concentrate if leading by a few goals

Hey knap,

one little suggestion: It is nice to get these information, but maybe you could add some explanation the differences in your approaches? What's Black Echos approach? What is the philosophy behind Tea for one? Etc... I think this would be a great addition to your overview post! :)

Anyone got any suggestions for playing away from home? I use Parisienne Walkway WSSVol2-4231. Finished 12th with my Villa side which was ok(ish). At home I was overall 5th in the table, Away I was 19th lol. Only won twice on the road and tried all manner of things...

Dropped offside trap

Played Cautious/Balance/Mixture depending on game/opposition. 

I have the SUS all sorted I just can't seem to do anything decent away from Villa Park. 

Also, anyone finding it really frustrating that as soon as you score, you tend to concede a goal almost immediately! Maybe it's just my average Villa side and their concentration span of a potato. 

image.thumb.png.e6f693ca497613396abf583ec57573cf.png

Edited by heartandgroin

@Smiza

I think philosophy would be stretching the imagination, especially the last two FMs. In FM 18 you could have Fluid or highly structured, but at the moment it is more it is an attacking 442.

In the past Dark side used as many TIs as possible and Goodbye as few as possible.

When you look at a tactic like Black Echo you can see what defines the tactic is a very slow tempo, and as such hardly a philosophy, or TEA minimum PIs,

Knap 4231 tweak.

Hope knap doesn't mind me posting here but it is basically his tactic and I didn't think it warranted a separate thread>
ive being using knaps tea for one 4231, and while it was good it had some faults.

My tweaks were to change to a short slow passing game but not tic tac.

Change mentality to positive. This suits a passing game more, stops my wb from making stupid runs, lowers balls over the defence, and most of all STOPS LATE GOALS. I never change to attacking even when losing and still have faith ill score.

Tweaked Inside forwards to play narrower, and I play narrower overall.

Made my DLP play more direct passing

Added attack set piece called Goalmachine from Steam, and added my own defending corner setpiece that has never conceded a goal apart from in multiplayer where the opponent used goal machine. Also tweaked def set pieces.

WB play wider.

Focus down the flanks. Play wide.

GK tweaks.

Various tweaks to player instructions.

My best result was beating Chelsea with an edited blackburn team 5-1. My team is probably on par with Bournemouth. This tactic also beats big teams.

Kept all roles same as knap. I tried attacking mids, inside wingers, but the roles knap has chosen cant be bettered. 

I have never lost with this tactic tweak in 2 days. Ive drawn a few but never lost.

4231 uro.fmf

Edited by Urotsukidoji
I always edit, forget my head if it wasnt screwed on

23 minutes ago, Urotsukidoji said:

Knap 4231 tweak.

Hope knap doesn't mind me posting here but it is basically his tactic and I didn't think it warranted a separate thread>
ive being using knaps tea for one 4231, and while it was good it had some faults.

My tweaks were to change to a short slow passing game but not tic tac.

Change mentality to positive. This suits a passing game more, stops my wb from making stupid runs, lowers balls over the defence, and most of all STOPS LATE GOALS. I never change to attacking even when losing and still have faith ill score.

Tweaked Inside forwards to play narrower, and I play narrower overall.

Made my DLP play more direct passing

Added attack set piece called Goalmachine from Steam, and added my own defending setpiece that has never conceded a goal apart from in multiplayer where the opponent used goal machine. Also tweaked def set pieces.

WB play wider.

My best result was beating Chelsea with an edited blackburn team 5-1. My team is probably on par with Bournemouth. This tactic also beats big teams.

Kept all roles same as knap. I tried attacking mids, inside wingers, but the roles knap has chosen cant be bettered. 

I have never lost with this tactic tweak in 2 days. Ive drawn a few but never lost.

4231 uro.fmf 45.59 kB · 5 downloads

Interesting stuff. Your tweaks may...just may work with my stumbling Villa side. Is this with the current ME? 

Well, @knap this Teaforone 4321 OX P103 is a monster. Holiday in between games, instant result.
Dominated most games, a few freak results. Even made it to the Cup final, lost against Lazio

I have
to try the same with a relegation candidate in PL and  BL now, to see if the results are the same.

2020-03-10 (3).png

2020-03-10 (4).png

2020-03-10 (6).png

2020-03-10 (7).png

So 3 straight promotions (predicted relegation each season) and now top of Sky bet league 1.

tea for one 4411 is bloody brilliant.

i have tried a lot of formations on this new match engine but the 4411 stands out a mile. Good both home and away. 
cheers knap 👍

hi guys.

i wold like to talk with you beacuse i need something.

i red everithing about your tattics and i tried to my carrers on my FM, but doesn't work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TE22-1gsGXb4Y3yxpsUST7KusUiFPl_XBkhvxIO0fH0/edit#gid=1537632054 i tried this one, and this tattics but doesn't work very well.

in every match it happen that i score 1 goal and i tried to score many times, at least 25 times but they dont' score!

im playing with other guys with this one but i never won a bundes ( i've the shalke 04), i won 3 times the pokal and 2 times the super cup.

maybe there is an another tattic better for score better and won more?

in 34 match of bundes i lost 10 times, it's too much.

in champions league when i take barcellona- manchester and son on i always lost.

thank you for the attention

!!FM20.3.0ARGUSknap343MMPP100ECFA.fmf !FM20.3.0ARGUSknap343IFMMPP102CC.fmf

1 hour ago, knap said:

Did I not post Norwich test with Oxford?

Not sure. I might have missed it. I saw a norwich test with 4231 skew, but not with OX.

Just started testing with Fortuna Dusseldorf. Terrible team. Expected to go down.

So based on knaps earlier comment about 4231 and 4411 being better options in the current patch/ME I set up 20.4.0451KnapPreachinBluesVOL3P101FA as my underdog/away tactic and 20.4.0BlackEchoKnap4411P108ECCC as my home/favorite tactic.  We were picked 1000-1 to finish 18th in the table and face relegation.  I did add in 20.3.0TeaForOne4321OXP103 in the last three matches. 

image.thumb.png.454516ef10f28401cf1bf84426553611.pngimage.thumb.png.5ecba7369b397b415c42423db234eb7d.png