Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all, been wondering about the Pentagon Challenge. Which continent will be ideal to start off with? Generally, I notice that people usually start with Africa> Asia> North America> South America > Europe.

I don't think there's an agreed order - I've seen quite a few variations. It seems that everyone always finishes with Europe though, understandably. I've made two attempts at the challenge (one under the guise of the tetradecagon) and the order has been like so...

North America -> South America -> Africa -> Asia -> Europe

Asia -> Africa -> North America -> South America Europe

As a starting point, as a manager with Sunday League experience, you can sometimes wangle a job in the MLS or the A-League in Australia. If you get lucky, you'll get a team that is only a couple of years away from challenging. You wouldn't be able to do that in Europe, South America or possibly Africa (I can't remember how easy it is to get a job in the top tier in South Africa). Of course, it depends how you want to play it - if you want to build each side up, I don't think it matters where you start. I would always end in Europe though.

Have you tried Photobucket? Haven't had a problem at all with that so unsure as to why you are on the other sites.

Yeah don't like Imageshack anymore. Imgur is usually pretty good, i'll give photobucket a go now.

I don't think there's an agreed order - I've seen quite a few variations. It seems that everyone always finishes with Europe though, understandably. I've made two attempts at the challenge (one under the guise of the tetradecagon) and the order has been like so...

North America -> South America -> Africa -> Asia -> Europe

Asia -> Africa -> North America -> South America Europe

As a starting point, as a manager with Sunday League experience, you can sometimes wangle a job in the MLS or the A-League in Australia. If you get lucky, you'll get a team that is only a couple of years away from challenging. You wouldn't be able to do that in Europe, South America or possibly Africa (I can't remember how easy it is to get a job in the top tier in South Africa). Of course, it depends how you want to play it - if you want to build each side up, I don't think it matters where you start. I would always end in Europe though.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using an edited database with almost all the African and Asian leagues plus the North & South American leagues. So I was thinking of using an Uzbek or Japanese club for my 1st attempt at the challenge.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using an edited database with almost all the African and Asian leagues plus the North & South American leagues. So I was thinking of using an Uzbek or Japanese club for my 1st attempt at the challenge.

I would run a considerable test on the edited databases if I were you. I am absolutely not suggesting that there are any massive problems, but I planned a massive new save after my last one with a truckload of edited databases. It crash dumped very quickly. Of course that was probably having too many leagues, but nothing worse than getting right into a save and then it dieing.

Also, the Japan league annoyed me with having what seemed like every job available at the start of the game. I also remember what seemed like a lot of spam from the country to the mailbox. But then I didn't sort out subscriptions properly, so I can't really complain.

But aye, go for it!

I would run a considerable test on the edited databases if I were you. I am absolutely not suggesting that there are any massive problems, but I planned a massive new save after my last one with a truckload of edited databases. It crash dumped very quickly. Of course that was probably having too many leagues, but nothing worse than getting right into a save and then it dieing.

Also, the Japan league annoyed me with having what seemed like every job available at the start of the game. I also remember what seemed like a lot of spam from the country to the mailbox. But then I didn't sort out subscriptions properly, so I can't really complain.

But aye, go for it!

Cheers for the reply once more. So far, I've tested the J-League and a few others by holidaying a year and they seem fine thus far.

Yeah, will definitely go for it since it's something which have interest me in awhile.

Have you tried Photobucket? Haven't had a problem at all with that so unsure as to why you are on the other sites.

Photobucket have started limiting the size of pictures, so high resolution screenshots come out small and a bit blurry (like this).

I've been meaning to find somewhere else for ages.

Does anyone else have the same reaction to end of season news that I do? I mean, Yeovil Town go up to the Championship, Wigan win the FA Cup and qualify for Europe but get relegated, Pompey go down to League Two and all I think is "that will make a great save for FM14" :D

Does anyone else have the same reaction to end of season news that I do? I mean, Yeovil Town go up to the Championship, Wigan win the FA Cup and qualify for Europe but get relegated, Pompey go down to League Two and all I think is "that will make a great save for FM14" :D

I'm the most happy that I can finally do Dafuge's Challenge with a team I actually go and see! (Dulwich Hamlet, who won the Ryman League Division One South). Spurs is another disappointment :(

Congrats to Yeovil, though. My dad is an Exeter fan and is somewhat jealous....

The Football Forum appears to be full of t**** tonight.

Why do some people have to go out of their way to be total p*****?

Sadly a lot of football fans seem to think that 'banter' and 'supporting the team' means being incredibly immature or coming up with a load of nonsense claims about the superiority of their team.

So now that Tony "Up, up and uuuunder" Pulis has left Stoke, how many tribute careers are we going to see popping up? I think one emulating his stellar career would be fantastic, providing there's support added to the game for headbutting a player while in the shower (James Beattie a while back, and Pulis was naked at the time)

So now that Tony "Up, up and uuuunder" Pulis has left Stoke, how many tribute careers are we going to see popping up? I think one emulating his stellar career would be fantastic, providing there's support added to the game for headbutting a player while in the shower (James Beattie a while back, and Pulis was naked at the time)

Anyone want to volunteer in playing a dreadful long ball game?

I went to the Spurs v Stoke fixture this season. Easily the worst game of the lot, bar losing to Fulham mind.

Anyone want to volunteer in playing a dreadful long ball game?

I went to the Spurs v Stoke fixture this season. Easily the worst game of the lot, bar losing to Fulham mind.

I think it was oddly refreshing in a way. It seems that now the collective circle jerk over Barcelona has reached a bit of a peak, everyone just assumes that the correct way to play football is this dreadful tiki-taka system. I think Pulis should be applauded for taking that out back, shooting it in the head, and deciding that the future was Charlie Adam.

Photobucket have started limiting the size of pictures, so high resolution screenshots come out small and a bit blurry (like this).

I've been meaning to find somewhere else for ages.

They went down the toilet with the "upgrade" [sic]. Even when I use the direct link, quite often I get all the other crap, like in the link you provided. Not sure there is anything else half-decent for free though :(

But over to something else. I started a save today - on FM10 (the last version I have). Not sure if it gets into gear yet, but would anyone be interested in that? I can't write about it in the LLM forum since I'm using the well-trusted level 7-8 expansion of the English leagues. Would love to play with a pile more leagues, but it's simply not doable longterm given my crap computer.

And one to measure how many fans you can lose over the course of a season.

Anybody ever come across this error before... best to explain in pictures:

My star striker Andrija Kaludjerovic has scored eight league goals, 6 Champions League goals and one in the cup, yet his overall figures suggest he's only scored ten goals in total....

All of his Champions League qualifying goals have been wiped from his records. I know it's a little thing, but it's annoying. After all, when you scout players you like to know how many goals they've scored, so the same applies when it's your own player.

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone I am playing FM 2011 and I am coaching an unknown club in Portugal called CHOUPANA FC , I am really loving it, at the moment I have won four champions league , I could have won nine if I hadn't lost five finals but I am sure that I will win more on the coming seasons :)

I am on the 2056/2057 season :)

Those seem to be perfect Dafuge. Thank you very much! :)

Wanted to get back into some FM13. I don't normally get into downloading graphics packs for FM but I do love having the club badges in game.

Currently downloading. Cheers! :thup:

I didn't used to up until FM11 or something. Don't think I could play FM now without all the logo's and badges.

hi everyone I am playing FM 2011 and I am coaching an unknown club in Portugal called CHOUPANA FC , I am really loving it, at the moment I have won four champions league , I could have won nine if I hadn't lost five finals but I am sure that I will win more on the coming seasons :)

I am on the 2056/2057 season :)

Sounds good fella. That would have been an epic career to read about :).

• 3 weeks later...
How is the add/remove league feature this year is it better than it was last year?

I never noticed a problem on FM12 to be fair, but from what people have said it is much better.

on my save on FM 2011 it has shown three very interesting regen players from unknown national teams:

the most promising player is this goalkeeper from El Salvador, CA-111 PA-177

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/kehg.png/

and here is the other two promising players, one is from Samoa with CA-92 PA-179 and the other is from Turkmenistan with CA-85 PA-175

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/y85.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/vabx.png/

Archived