FM18: Liverpool FC - Pace Abuse

cezar.sl

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keita is useless in FM18. Joined after season one, put in terrible performances time and again, moaned constantly, demanded a new contract due to his "importance to the team" with his 15 appearances by February and average rating of 6.45 :D (0 goals, 2 assists) and was very quickly sold on at a slight loss (£52m cash).

My current squad, in 2021:

HG at club.jpg

I actually left after the second season (2 titles, 1 Champions League, 1 league cup, 1 European Super Cup, 1 Club World Championship), but Luis Enrique tried to wreck the club and was sacked after 2 years. I got my job back and set about fixing things. López, Wass, Stepanenko, and Driussi are his signings that remain - I sold a host of other big earners to steady the ship.

5 hours ago, ..Valhalla.. said:

Keita is useless in FM18. Joined after season one, put in terrible performances time and again, moaned constantly, demanded a new contract due to his "importance to the team" with his 15 appearances by February and average rating of 6.45 :D (0 goals, 2 assists) and was very quickly sold on at a slight loss (£52m cash).

My current squad, in 2021:

HG at club.jpg

I actually left after the second season (2 titles, 1 Champions League, 1 league cup, 1 European Super Cup, 1 Club World Championship), but Luis Enrique tried to wreck the club and was sacked after 2 years. I got my job back and set about fixing things. López, Wass, Stepanenko, and Driussi are his signings that remain - I sold a host of other big earners to steady the ship.

Keita was really good for me as a CM(A)... didn't score many at all, but made loads of assists.

Im half way through my 2nd season and top of table.

Though i keep changing formation from 433 to 4231 and back again :)

Been using Keita as RPM or Mezzala and hes doing fantastic. 

Cant wait for FM19, prolly wont need to buy anyone the squad looks so good!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how long it takes the board to allow you to request a feeder club after rejecting all their options? They didn't have a U.S team listed out of the four this time because of the Warriors affiliation, which I have now removed.  I want to sign Christian Pulisic as my Coutinho replacement but don't want to initiate the transfer before I have a commercial link in the U.S, preferably with L.A Galaxy.  Usually in my experience the board do not allow a feeder club to raise profiles in foreign countries but I'm playing with Pro's transfer update.  I imagine that that it will be something like six months, although I'm hoping for less.  May sign him on a protracted deal. 

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 00:51, jmc1980 said:

How are people's Regen intakes going in your Liverpool saves ? Are people finding it easier to get good regens by just searching ?

For the first time ever I got a few wonderkids in my own intakes, these two guys arrived one year after another. Brierley is already a full England International (and absolutely magnificent), while Blower is very close to replacing Robertson/Moreno at LB...

I also got a "golden generation" youth intake in March '22, with three 5-star potential kids and a couple of 4-stars.

Blower.jpg

Brierly.jpg

On 15/06/2018 at 10:34, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Funny you should say that..

uxmZLEo.png

Planning to shamelessly copy this - probably with Atletico as I can't quite bring myself to manage Liverpool, and Atletico have a similar squad full of hard workers who are technically excellent (so do Bayern but they have two strikers with "Plays With Back To Goal" which will change things a bit). Did you find Fabinho's traits causing any problems by conflicting with the Half Back role?

What is it with Hendo sorting out player unhappiness? I've just used him 4 times in a row - we have won our 4th title, and 4 different players (Wijnaldum, Cook, Moreno and Trent) came to me immediately afterwards wanting a new deal. After a quick work with Jordan they are all happy again. What is it that makes a player so good at that? Not that I'm complaining :D 

On 06/08/2018 at 00:51, jmc1980 said:

How are people's Regen intakes going in your Liverpool saves ? Are people finding it easier to get good regens by just searching ?

I simmed 10 years into the future, and have to say that regens can be absolute a******s. I find that a lot of them have very negative personalities, mainly their media handling - confrontational, volatile, outspoken. It makes them very difficult to turn into world-class players; if you praise them they say "I'm just doing my job" or "Level of coaching is holding me back" whereas if you criticise them, they'll say that they're progressing well (Sorry, Jamie Gould, you're really, *really* not).

You can mentor them off of the pitch (someone like Henderson would be best) and hopefully improve their temperament and professionalism, but if you have a poor relationship with them, they will reject everyone who you suggest and say "Come back to me with a better choice", and your relationship will deteriorate further. I always manage to annoy them before I can mentor them like that though.

Personally, if I have no contact with them, and there's no visible negative personality issue, I criticise or praise their training level, and leave it at that. If they have an iota of negative personality, I ignore their training performance until they appreciate/respect me. I haven't got that far yet though, as they don't develop quickly enough to make it to the first team to hold me in any sort of esteem.

New regens at other clubs, I like to take on trial for a week or two to see how they look before deciding whether or not I go for them. I wouldn't recommend doing it on Youth Intake day in England because you'll get more trialists than space in your inbox and won't be able to advance the game. Found that out the hard way... But, if you only have England active, you can take most players on the other youth intake days on trial for a better look due to the real decrease in numbers.

In 2023 I'm able to name an entirely Home Grown outfield 10, with Alisson being the only foreigner. Rhian Brewster is now better than Salah so even if Mo wasn't injured this is my strongest team...

HG Squad.jpg

And we've been doing ok with all those home grown players...

Landmarks.jpg

3 hours ago, ..Valhalla.. said:

In 2023 I'm able to name an entirely Home Grown outfield 10, with Alisson being the only foreigner. Rhian Brewster is now better than Salah so even if Mo wasn't injured this is my strongest team...

HG Squad.jpg

Landmarks.jpg

goddamn that's beautiful :) I always aim for that in my saves but never play long enough to do it.

2 hours ago, coxy100 said:

goddamn that's beautiful :) I always aim for that in my saves but never play long enough to do it.

I just find foreign players so much more demanding and greedy, and their agents are usually both rude AND very greedy. I'm not totally against buying foreigners but they have to be genuinely needed and better than any home grown player currently available to me. Borja Mayoral for example - he had been listed by Real Madrid for well over a year, never had anyone interested in him. I like his personality (perfectionist) but I was worried he would upset the balance of the team. The asking price kept getting lower.

Anyway, I bought him in Summer 2023 for £30m and the lad hit the ground running - scored the winner away at Old Trafford, plus goals in the European Super Cup. He's playing brilliantly and I'm chuffed with him.

7 hours ago, ..Valhalla.. said:

HG Squad.jpg

Landmarks.jpg

Would like to see the developments of Woodburn & Brewster. 👍

1 hour ago, talhak said:

Would like to see the developments of Woodburn & Brewster. 👍

Woody was a legend after scoring all 4 in the FA Cup final win against Everton, but dropped back to icon for reasons unknown to me.
Rhian also an icon. His attributes don't look "as good" as Salah, but Salah never turns up in big games (really annoys me) or is injured. Rhian terrorises teams.

Rhian Main.jpg

Rhian Stats.jpg

Woody Main.jpg

Woody Stats.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well goodbye FM18, hello FM19

Got my shortlist started for FM19, but other than that im just waiting for release day as i think theres usually a day1 data update, thats when i'll really start.

So goodbye thread, waiting on the FM19 thread now :)

3 hours ago, Siven said:

Well goodbye FM18, hello FM19

Got my shortlist started for FM19, but other than that im just waiting for release day as i think theres usually a day1 data update, thats when i'll really start.

So goodbye thread, waiting on the FM19 thread now :)

Started actually and played through the first season already, but so dissappointed with all the injuries and that de Jong seem so worthless in FM 19 so i will start over when the real game drops

I just finished my first season with Liverpool. Will post an update when at my computer at home, but I won the treble (the league, carabou cup, fa cup final.) Lost the CL final on pens to Man Utd, too. What makes this season even more impressive is that Salah missed the majority of the season due to injury, Mane missed about half. Just signed Harry Kane for my second season as Firmino is not as prolific as I like. 

22 hours ago, YouGotNoFans said:

I just finished my first season with Liverpool. Will post an update when at my computer at home, but I won the treble (the league, carabou cup, fa cup final.) Lost the CL final on pens to Man Utd, too. What makes this season even more impressive is that Salah missed the majority of the season due to injury, Mane missed about half. Just signed Harry Kane for my second season as Firmino is not as prolific as I like. 

Play Firmino as a Pressing forward on Attack..

I used him as an AMC that dropped back, so not a low fo goals for me, I had Werner up front. But the few times I did push him up front if Werner needed a rest or was injured, he did well.

No FM19 thread yet so i'll post here.

Decided to sell Lallana for £80m(£60m upfront £20m over 3 payments to Arsenal). Great price for a slow 30 year old with injury problems. 

Cant seem to sell Markovic for more than £10m :( 

I have a £20m offer for Origi, but im tempted to offer him a new contract and hope to sell him for more in a season or so when teams have more money.

Same for Sturridge, offer new contract and sell for good many in a season as no one wants him atm. Both will be good backup options if i do that too.

I am going to sell Lovren, hopefully in Jan (cant sell at start due to his injury), got de Ligt to replace him.

Tempted to buy Fekir (£50m) or Pulisic (£60m) but unsure atm as squads pretty good.

Archived