Fixed Champions League Group Stage Draw?

Hi all,

I've got a game and am managing BMG.

Just before the group stage draw for CL, I saved the game. When the draw came out, I got LFC (who I support) so like a little cheater, I reloaded the game to before the draw and the same draw came out over and over again. To the point where I thought I'd record it and see what the community thinks?

Dropbox link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uz0akj5qtixf8x/Video 17-03-2017%2C 01 15 19.mov?dl=0

Cheers peeps!

Technically, it may not be fixing, and I'm glad that SI skip out on the shadier sides of professional football -- which is part what attracts me to it, a sports world where there is none of the uncontrolled shenanigans giving sports a bad name and after taste everywhere. It's a bit of an escapism in more ways than one.

For realism's sake..... FEATURE REQUEST: MATCH AND DRAW FIXING ASAP. ^^

Talking about the draw procedure, it's still a weird way to set it up like that. That may be legacy code limitations going back to Champ Man 1993 for all nobody knows... but naturally it fuels some of the wider game conspiracies as those who test for precisely that are the ones who would notice. And inevitably, experience it, even though it isn't what they think it may be. Naturally the in-game options to attend the draw additionally give off the impression that technically the actual draw takes place on that day you get the message, not much beforehand. And that attending it you would watch the procedure happening as it were, not playing out draws that were done days of in-game time prior for whichever likely sound programming reasons. Has anybody ever shed a light on this?

7 hours ago, FrazT said:

As far as I am aware, the draw is made in game as soon as the previous round is finished and stored till the day of the draw.  Reloading under your conditions will always give the same result

Geez ... way to ruin the fun of the 'draw next team' button for me ... :lol:

9 hours ago, Svenc said:

Technically, it may not be fixing, and I'm glad that SI skip out on the shadier sides of professional football -- which is part what attracts me to it, a sports world where there is none of the uncontrolled shenanigans giving sports a bad name and after taste everywhere. It's a bit of an escapism in more ways than one.

For realism's sake..... FEATURE REQUEST: MATCH AND DRAW FIXING ASAP. ^^

Oh man, I spent a lot of hours as a kid playing Ultimate Soccer Manager 2. It was so much fun betting on your own games. Also a shout out to the massive inflation, 30 pounds for a beer!

30 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Its not cosmetic, it does exactly what it says - Shows you the next team out of the hat.

No the button says 'draw' next team.. not 'show' or 'reveal' next team. It definitely implies it's live but the draw has already happened under the hood.

Draw:

1. an act of selecting names randomly to decide winners in a lottery, opponents in a sporting contest, etc.

17 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

No the button says 'draw' next team.. not 'show' or 'reveal' next team. It definitely implies it's live but the draw has already happened under the hood.

Draw:

1. an act of selecting names randomly to decide winners in a lottery, opponents in a sporting contest, etc.

I'll agree it implies its live but the draw is still random whenever its done so doesn't contradict your description of a draw.

feature request... 

display name of next team in pre-determined draw for next round

Sarcasm aside, why argue over something that's not designed to happen?  Oh dear, I dont like these teams, I'll quit and reload and see if i get better ones. oh dear I got the same teams, no i want easier ones, reload. reload. reload. 

You cant complain about the game being wrong when it is not designed to take into account people that quit and reload. 

• 1 year later...
On 17/03/2017 at 10:38, FrazT said:

As far as I am aware, the draw is made in game as soon as the previous round is finished and stored till the day of the draw.  Reloading under your conditions will always give the same result

i dont know what else is the definition of fixing other than what you said! bcz the draw is fixed already, that sucks man..

There are two uses of the word fixed here which I think are being confused. 

The draw is fixed in that it has been randomly drawn at midnight of the day of the draw. Not at the precise moment you click the draw next team button. 

However the draw is not fixed as in cheating. I. E. its not purposely giving you harder teams to play against. 

57 minutes ago, Sourav B said:

i dont know what else is the definition of fixing other than what you said! bcz the draw is fixed already, that sucks man..

It's drawn as a random draw while the game processes and then shows you it happening to make it seem like you are involved, You just skip the mechanics of it

It isn't a 'fix' in any way 

1 hour ago, cris182 said:

It's drawn as a random draw while the game processes and then shows you it happening to make it seem like you are involved, You just skip the mechanics of it

It isn't a 'fix' in any way 

I am asking why then? why not at the very moment of draw? i should get differrnt rrsult in different draw, but that ain't the case, so i have to save the game the previous day..

I assume it is because the game is processing everything in the background regarding who can be drawn with who while the game processes days, If that happened when you pressed the draw button it would go pretty slow while the game calculated every scenario and discarded those that are not possible 

Archived