FM17 - Bayer Leverkusen

BanOly

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

speaking of him..

which one would you guys prefer to buy?  (replacing Bellarabi as a wing alternative) 

Felipe Anderson or Pulisic? 

Both could be purchased nearly for the same amount, Anderson seems much more ready for first team, Pulisic however might grow into a even better footballer.

@CapaJr

Zoran Tošiç :D my personal favourite. Great left-footed right-winger.

I'm guessing you want an alternative to Kevin Volland though, so a right-footed winger?

Anderson and Pulisic are a little too expensive for Leverkusen's taste.

Andre Carillo is usually cheap. City should be selling Jesús Navas at the end of the season.

Former Bayer Leverkusen starlet Levin Öztunali is laughing at you right now.

First season, i'm playing with:

Leno

Henrichs - Tah - Dragovic - Wendell

Bender - Aranguiz

Volland - Calhanoglu - Brandt

Chichagod

I pretend to play with the youngsters and bring a couple more. I'm excited.

I play with 2 different tacticts... One of them is Knap 442 (posted on this forum) but with two changes= lower defensive line (normal) and tempo set to higher.

My main tactic is however this: 

lev 1.png

lev2.png

I try to mimic Roger Schmidts way of playing and in the same time fit my players on such positions/ roles. The tactic has done me well. First season: Won Bundeliga, lost the DFB-pokal in the finals and lost CL in the semi-finals. .. Some matches I play well - score a lot, tend to leak somewhat defensively but some matches are absolutely ****. I create nothing against bad sides and i tend to have less possesion than those teams who keep position in the back line and penalize me with a long ball behind me high standing defensive line.

So I have a couple of questions:

1) Any tips on how I can adjust how I win ball high up on field while not getting that much counter attacks against me? I'm not keep on bringing down my winger and inside forward one notch. I already have a more defensive tactic like that...

2) Since I want my players to play in a pacey way, any ideas on how to keep more possesion than ordinary 45-52%?

3) And thirdly can you please share your tactics? Both team instructions and and the overview. :)

Ps. I usually play Brandt on the inside position role and Let Canhanoglu rotate with him and Volland. And Kamp rotate with Baumgartlinger and Bellarabi.

1 hour ago, aidzan said:

So I have a couple of questions:

1) Any tips on how I can adjust how I win ball high up on field while not getting that much counter attacks against me? I'm not keep on bringing down my winger and inside forward one notch. I already have a more defensive tactic like that...

2) Since I want my players to play in a pacey way, any ideas on how to keep more possesion than ordinary 45-52%?

3) And thirdly can you please share your tactics? Both team instructions and and the overview. :)

Ps. I usually play Brandt on the inside position role and Let Canhanoglu rotate with him and Volland. And Kamp rotate with Baumgartlinger and Bellarabi.

For possession, the pass into space and run at defence shouts would probably reduce your possession stats. Also depends how you set up the GK distribution. You can usually get another 5-10% if you instruct the GK to distribute to CB or FB.

More possession would also usually mean lower tempo, narrower, shorter passing, so your players have more time and are closer together to keep possession. The faster you play, the more likely it is for you to lose the ball, unless you really nail down pressing and can take the ball from the opponents ASAP.

I am sure Knapps' tactic is tested by many people, for me I just look at the roles and all instructions and wonder how this can all work without being overrun. You probably score more than you receive but you won't have a clean sheet. Two BWM in the middle and then such an attacking set up.

I knew that carrying on with Leverkusen from last year's save would limit my passion to continue...

Despite saying before that I would move on to RB Leipzig when I'm done, I've decided to go to Huddersfield Town.

I'll still be carrying on my Leverkusen save, which you can view from the link in the topic post.

Please do check out my Huddersfield Town Team Guide though!

Third season now. Second season went ok, won the league and the cup. Got knocked out in the semi finals of the champions league, losing both legs to Man City. Very frustrating coz I had just thrashed Real Madrid in the quarters.

I'll maybe move on after this season, but might give it a fourth. Want to ensure the club is really strong with youth prospects and everything before I leave.

Couple big sales so far, Brandt and Calhanoglu gone for a combined 100m to Bayern and Sevilla, respectively. Got Oliver in on a free, so thats AMC sorted. Replaced Brandt with Everton who I've wanted for a while. Also sold Mehmedi the backup LW, so brought in Pavon to cover him.

I have just made a really really good deal :cool:

I'm just about to start the third season and was planning to sell the ageing Hernandez after one more successful season, then Juve came in and asked for him. 

what we agreed with them is really great for the club!

he'll join Juve for 48.5m euros & AFTER completing another season with me. (definitely a win & win situation) 

yes, he is the best scorer in this years game BUT 48.5m for what will then be a 31 year old? now thats a good deal :brock:

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

I just started up a new Leverkusen save and I can't for the life of me get rid of Bellarabi! Offered him for as little as £10M and also on loan, nothing, not a sausage. Does anyone have any tips maybe?

I've been trying for 3 seasons to get rid of him. Still struggling

Hi all!

I have a bit of a dilemma for my Leverkusen side... Man United have come in iwth a £76 million (£41.5 million upfront, £12.25 million over 12 months. Another £12.75 million after 50 league games, £6.5 million if they win the Champions League & £3.2 million if they win the FA Cup) bid for Brandt, and he already wants to leave as Arsenal have unsettled him... I really don't want to sell him as he has been my best player. 

What do people think I should do? And if I do sell him who can I get in to replace him? (August 2019)

Thank you :)

Sure, I inherited this team after I started as an International manager, so most signings weren't mine. (Luckily most of the squad was intact when I joined. Also the AI had just won the league, which I have since done as well.)

Now Volland is being chased, and is also unsettled... :(

BL Squad.png

3 hours ago, malikoi said:

Sure, I inherited this team after I started as an International manager, so most signings weren't mine. (Luckily most of the squad was intact when I joined. Also the AI had just won the league, which I have since done as well.)

Now Volland is being chased, and is also unsettled... :(

BL Squad.png

hmmmm... some good young talent in that squad. i Cant decide for you mate. If you have a good replacement in line sell up

21 hours ago, Lufcberg22 said:

hmmmm... some good young talent in that squad. i Cant decide for you mate. If you have a good replacement in line sell up

I managed to keep him AND Volland! Also I broughtin Sane from Man City after unsettling him. :D He will come in and replace Bellarabi, who has been very good for me. (Not sure why people want to sell him straight away in this thread!?)

16 hours ago, malikoi said:

I managed to keep him AND Volland! Also I broughtin Sane from Man City after unsettling him. :D He will come in and replace Bellarabi, who has been very good for me. (Not sure why people want to sell him straight away in this thread!?)

I tried selling him straight away coz I don't like him in real life

• 2 weeks later...

Just got to the winter break in the first season started with transfer windows off, managed to loan a few players out with mandatory fees;

Kruse - Fenerbahce - Fee £5.6m, Pohjanpalo - Gladbach - Fee £8.25m, Yurchenko - HSV Fee £5m, Mehmedi West Ham - Fee £19.5m.

Playing a 4-2-3-1 and its been an amazing start, other than all my big players now attracting interest and wanting to leave,

Focusing on giving Akkaynak and Haverts game time mainly off the bench, Chicarito has been the star of my team so far 27 goals in 24 games 24 of them in the league can expect big bids now in jan as Man city are after him! 

League record is 17 games played 15 wins 2 draws against Dortmund and Bayern away, scoring 45 goals and conceding 12.

Champions league group stage had a nice group - CSKA, Dynamo Kyiv and Kobenhavn 5 wins 1 draw scoring 15 goals and conceding 6. Drawn against Napoli in the first knockout round.

Only transfer target at the moment is berahino on a free, was looking at munian. Will obviously be accepting big bids if i can get stupid offers.

Just finished the 1st season, won the league and cup lost in the semis of the champions league to bayern, onto the 2nd season Man city have just signed chicarito for £75m + %50 of next sale. 

Who do i get to replace him?

Lukaku - £46m Iheanacho - £30-40m Origi £30-40m Moussa Dembele (signed for milan last year in jan) £15m.

Ive just got berahino on a free too 

Season 2 Finished

Supercup Winners - 2-1 vs Bayern 

League Winners - Unbeaten season 27-7-0

DFB-Pokal Winners - 4-1 vs Dortmund

Champions League Semi Finals - Lost 5-4 on aggregate to Man Utd

Transfers In

Summer;Berahino - Free, Passlack - £9.5m, Alex Isak - £3.7m, Lukaku £46m, Lozano £10m

Winter; Maxi Romero - £5.5m, Lincoln £18m, Regen £1m 5* potential

Transfers Out

Summer; Kruse -£5m, Chicarito £75m, Pohjanpalo £8.25m, Mehmedi £19.25m, Yurchenko £5.25m, Bellarabi £30m

Winter; Kampl £24m

Chicarito i had no choice but to accept that bid it included a 50% sell on fee as well, Bellarabi demanded a transfer as soon as Bayern wanted him, he played 2 games and is now transfer listed

On 7/1/2017 at 17:46, mikcheck said:

What do you guys think of Havertz? Does he have the potential to be a really good player?

I have been using him for three season now with FC Schalke in 2023/24. Got him for a ******** of money but he never really managed to break into the first team as my other CMs (Goretzka and Grujic) always outperform him.

Now he moans that he wants a new contract at the same wage of my first team players. Not going to happen: I transfer listed him (again, for a ******** of money) but still play him from time to time, let's see if someone makes a decent bid in the next trasnfer window.

On 7 Jan 2017 at 18:46, mikcheck said:

What do you guys think of Havertz? Does he have the potential to be a really good player?

Havertz and Atakan Akkaynak will be playing in my starting lineup as of fourth season.

Their incredible progress are one of the biggest reason why i am still motivated with my Leverkusen save :) 

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 16.46.28.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 16.46.36.png

On 1/10/2017 at 13:41, CapaJr said:

Havertz and Atakan Akkaynak will be playing in my starting lineup as of fourth season.

Their incredible progress are one of the biggest reason why i am still motivated with my Leverkusen save :) 

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 16.46.28.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 16.46.36.png

I second this. Two fantastic young players, and it's amazing how similar Havertz is to Kampl (and in some ways Akkaynak to Henrichs).

Just finished my 1st full season with Werder Bremen (took over towards end 2019-20 season) - two top players I recommend is Cauly Woodrow and Tammy Abraham. Signed Woodrow for £3.5m and Tammy on loan. Both know where the goal is. Just finished 2020/21 season where I finished 2nd, 6 points behind Bayern (no surprise there!). Completely changed the side around. Just about to venture into my first champs league on this save. (Started with woking in national conference). First time ever I've managed abroad on FM and loving it! But Bayern and Dortmund just have so much money! 

@bucket   To be honest, Werder Bremen are one of Bundesliga clubs that interest me the least. If I was ever going to try them out, I'd have already played as Leverkusen, Leipzig, Dortmund, Koln, Schalke, Monchengladbach, Ingolstadt, Darmstadt, Stuttgart, Hannover and TSG Munich :D

In the meantime...

I dropped the Conte 3-4-3 onto my Bayer Leverkusen team with no prior warning or tactical training yesterday, for our home tie against Borussia Dortmund. Suffice to say that it taught me many things, including the fact that Calhanoglu is IMMENSE as a left-winger, Havertz can play as a left wing-back, and Bellarabi can play as a right wing-back. We won the match by a landslide and dominated throughout, so I'd definitely suggest trying it yourself! Bellarabi and da Costa can rotate on the right, Wendell and Havertz on the left. The tactic probably isn't suitable for Hilbert but I assume that most of you have disposed of him already anyway.

Currently on February in season two, top of the league with Bayern 4 points behind and 1/4 at UCL.

Love my team and I trying to sign Sane who is transfer listed

Leno

Henrichs Tah Sule Gaya

Kramer Can

Volland Asensio Brandt

Bacca

at the bench:

Wiedwald

Almany Toure

Rudiger

Jorge

Aranguiz

Havertz

Akkaynak

Arnold

Griffo

Bellarabi

Kampl

Eggestein

Kiebling

Yeah, the idea of the save is having as many german players as i can. I'm still trying to get Hector and Meyer but until Eggestein is ready Bacca will stay. Volland is inconsistent as **** so Sane is the top priority but don't wanna pay the 40M City wants. And is Wiedwald, a keeper from Werder Bremen. The worst keeper that I have in a long time. Also I'm bringing back former players as coaches like Ballack, Schneider, Lucio, Juan and more. And the name of my manager is Simon Rolfes. 

Shortly after the above post, I play Hoffenheim. The first chance of the match, Calhanoglu takes a long shot that the keeper can only parry down into the feet of Mehmedi. He only needs to tap the ball in but he smashes it into the corner and wheels away to celebrate.

The goal is disallowed because KEVIN VOLLAND was offside. He ran towards Mehmedi as the ball fell to him, and that was deemed to be contributing to play. This pretty much sums up Volland's performances for me so far in this save.

Ozcan wanted to go so didn't have any choice. Wiedwald is going to anywhere i can send him and the reserve would be the a youngster wich name i can't remember right now.

Volland sometimes smash it like he was Hulk in previous versions but that's it. He only steals oxygen from the rest.

@feche    Ah that makes sense. Kusz is a good youngster, if you've kept him on and developed him properly then he should be able to replace Leno in the years to come. If not, I would also suggest bringing in Rajkovic if he is still available on the cheap.

• 1 month later...

Reading this thread is fascinating. I am currently in 3rd season with Bayer and so far I've only claimed the German Cup. Although I do feel like I'm building something special.

Two seasons of tinkering with formations, tactics, the abundance of talent and I think I've found my perfect set up. Playing a 3-4-2-1, very similar to how Tottenham are playing at the minute, and it is working wonders!

I have managed to sign some top players too in Ricardo Rodriguez and Dele Alli.

I promised Brandt, Tah and Sule to win the UCL this season so let's  go for it.

Leno

Henrichs Tah Sule Can

Sane Havertz Goretzka Brandt

Ozil

Eggestein

and Prinz, Klosterman, Rudiger, Hector, Attaynak, Meyer, Draxler and Mario Gomez.

Yes, all germans. Between 11 and 15 got called for the NT every time.

• 1 month later...

Loving my Leverkusen save so much I bought the home shirt.

Things are going very well, won league in first season.

Halfway through 2nd season and here is my team, trying to play a Sarri inspired philosophy.  

Bayer 04 Leverkusen_ Players Players.png

• 1 month later...

Just started a save with them yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. I'm currently undefeated 20 games in, at the top of the league also my UCL group. I'm using a 4-2-3-1 with my youngster Kai Havertz playing the SS role, he's been superb scoring a hat trick on his league debut.

20170509111112_1.thumb.jpg.a0da25ea661f1bac92c25c6e2c962d09.jpg20170509110147_1.thumb.jpg.e6498844700b45ac43fe6270f6169f67.jpg20170509111542_1.thumb.jpg.05a8e7d6008b72f52041380bb379ad8c.jpg20170509111831_1.thumb.jpg.4d38918bbbed6b1c2851374578f3d831.jpg

• 2 months later...
On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 19:04, matsnor21 said:

Somebody still playing with Leverkusen ?

Yeah. Won 5 Bundesligas on the bounce but yet the CL still eludes me :(

Through excellent scouting I bought players for around 10-20m and they're now worth 40m+

My whole squad is pretty much world class but yet in Europe I fail time and time again! It's obviously down to my tactics. Once I win the CL the save is done for me.

I recommend a Leverkusen save to anyone!

Archived