FM17 - Bayer Leverkusen

BanOly

From what I've heard, it sounds like I'm the only person looking forward to a Bayer Leverkusen save next year! Despite Javier Hernandez being the sole reason I ever took a second look at the club, now him and other notable stars have departed the club seems more attractive than ever to restore to its former glory!

I might not be able to get FM18 but I'm certain I'll be writing another team guide somehow. Looking forward to proving that taking over at the BayArena is still a fantastic challenge.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/07/2017 at 19:04, matsnor21 said:

Somebody still playing with Leverkusen ?

I stopped playing after I won the league 1st season with 1 defeat, I was annoyed I sold Hernandez and Brandt to City, but I might pick it back up again.599a2da7b76b4_Bundesliga_OverviewStages.thumb.png.f5b4a0f1ea784684f8593b070019f9ac.png

I think it might actually be more interesting without Chicharito. And easier. I mean, he was there, do you had to use him. But he wasn't really a support striker. So most one striker formations didn't work with him. You either needed the AMC or a second striker to make him "work." 

Now you have Volland. Brandt. Bellarabi.  Mehmedi (who is always under appreciated). Leno. Baumgartlinger. Etc.

Great team. Pitty they still don't make it happen. 

On 8/22/2017 at 10:18, tyro said:

I think it might actually be more interesting without Chicharito. And easier. I mean, he was there, do you had to use him. But he wasn't really a support striker. So most one striker formations didn't work with him. You either needed the AMC or a second striker to make him "work." 

Now you have Volland. Brandt. Bellarabi.  Mehmedi (who is always under appreciated). Leno. Baumgartlinger. Etc.

Great team. Pitty they still don't make it happen. 

Chicharito actually worked better as a Complete Forward for me than in a front double, although I did eventually switch it up to accomodate Volland in a Defensive Forward role alongside.

Mehmedi has shone so far this season as a rather versatile player, filling in at right-back last game and doing a good job. Same can be said for Man of the Match Wendell who was deployed as a left winger. Should definitely be a fun year!

• 4 weeks later...

Started a Leverkusen save some time ago. Have tried a few saves to get to know the team and find a suitable tactic. Leverkusen is so fun to manage , with a lot of young and exciting talents. Will build my team around players like Heinrich, Tah, Havertz and Brandt. Ended up with a striker less formation, playing a 3-2-2-3 with wing backs. 

Transfers:

15z61pz.png

2wdpp8o.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2017 at 11:06, apsychoshow said:

Anyone to make a new thread of Leverkusen in the FM 2018?

While I do have the game, I rarely find the time to play it so hopefully someone else will cover.

My team is Hoffenheim this year anyway haha ;)

Just now, BanOly said:

While I do have the game, I rarely find the time to play it so hopefully someone else will cover.

My team is Hoffenheim this year anyway haha ;)

Oooh no =( haha
That's ok. You did a great job here. But somehow, I'm missing the Bundesliga thread.

Let's wait and see :cool:

Archived