[FM17] Football, fire and ice: The inside story of Iceland's remarkable rise.

Jimbokav1971

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I don't. I usually save quite regularly but with no matches to lose in the close season I wasn't really bothered. That'll teach me. 

Sorry that it happened to you mate, hope that you manage to get the game to do the same as it did before the crash :/

Been following your story for a while now, I've learnt a few things about youth development thanks to you.

Edited by Xelzefeyr

6 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Game crashed on me last night and I lost the whole of the close season including the New Stadium and the great deal for  (20e) Sölvi Sigur (Casual) * .

Gutted. :(

I feel your pain mate! Hopefully you'll find the motivation to go on. Enough with the sadness, a very kind user here - @Trainspotting90- made a provisional FM 17 version of debski's hair pack. It doesn't feature beards at the moment as they don't currently work with new faces, but it's an improvement to default hair for sure. Find it here http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/0JpbqQ5h/file.html

Sorry if this has been asked before (or explained) but why does it appear like most of your regens (and even older players) have terrible technical stats, decent mental and good physical stats?

Is it something about how you setup training them or maybe how your coaches are setup?

18 hours ago, kandersson said:

I feel your pain mate! Hopefully you'll find the motivation to go on. Enough with the sadness, a very kind user here - @Trainspotting90- made a provisional FM 17 version of debski's hair pack. It doesn't feature beards at the moment as they don't currently work with new faces, but it's an improvement to default hair for sure. Find it here http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/0JpbqQ5h/file.html

Thanks for that. Will have to give this a look but might be tempted to hang on until the full version comes out. :thup:

5 hours ago, the--dud said:

Sorry if this has been asked before (or explained) but why does it appear like most of your regens (and even older players) have terrible technical stats, decent mental and good physical stats?

Is it something about how you setup training them or maybe how your coaches are setup?

It's not been asked before, (or explained), and the truth is that I actually don't know because I have never had a Youth intake anywhere else in FM17 to compare it too. 

I would guess, (and this is just me thinking out loud & is certainly NOT something that should be taken as fact), that there might well be some sort of template per Nation, (more likely Region actually(, whereby players are generated according to a set pattern.

To give you an example, if I was to produce a 50 CA 50 PA player in Scandinavia, I would expect him to not look like a player with the same CA/PA who was produced in Asia and he in turn would look different to a similar ability player produced in South America.

Of course it's hard to be so rigid, because players are unique in their make-up, but to give you an example, certain Regions will have a prevalence for tall players or quick player or technical players or bla bla or whatever, and I think this has an impact on what a squad looks like. 

If I had to describe your typical Scandinavian footballer, I would describe them as big, strong and athletic, mentally decent but technically lacking. That's certainly the old sort of stereotype that Iceland are now starting to break-down. 

If I had to describe a typical Asian player, I would describe them as smaller, quicker and technical, but mentally poor. 

If I had to describe a typical South American player, I would describe them as technical, mentally string but possibly lacking in physical attributes. 

If I had to add British players into the mix for example, I would describe them similar to the Scandinavians, (not a million miles away). 

Now I'm not saying this is the case all of the time or even most of the time, but there is I think a certain preference/patter to this. 

If I look at my side right now.....

6'7" x1
6'4" x6
6'3" x2
6'2" x5
6'1" x9
6'0" x19

Now I think that's relatively tall even by UK standards based on previous versions of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I of course do have smaller players, (my best player just so happens to be my smallest player at 5'3"), but that's my general thinking. 

It would be interesting to see what other people think about the situation. 

I think you're on the right track there, even if there's likely more variation in the templates they use. From poking around the editor, I noticed that each nationality can have an associated personality template. Essentially a certain personality type is more likely depending on the footballing culture. I would be surprised if there wasn't something similar for  physical vs mental vs technical by at least region, if not country.

I'm still on FM15, but I can tell you that the heights you've got there dwarf my sides in Luxembourg. My distribution is roughly shifted 4 inches shorter than those numbers. I don't think that's by accident.

Turning Pro

804aab1ea2d7b07d4011b44f8faa3f80.png

We have £2.7M in the bank, (and I probably want to sell 1 more player for nearing £1M this season), and the club is valued at £4.8M with only £55,000 debt outstanding now. 

25f72175e05140c3034ea7d87ea0a1d6.png

It's a shame that I have to wait another full season for it to happen, but so be it. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

4 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Turning Pro

804aab1ea2d7b07d4011b44f8faa3f80.png

We have £2.7M in the bank, (and I probably want to sell 1 more player for nearing £1M this season), and the club is valued at £4.8M with only £55,000 debt outstanding now. 

25f72175e05140c3034ea7d87ea0a1d6.png

It's a shame that I have to wait another full season for it to happen, but so be it. 

That's fantastic news!! Great to know that you've got 2.7M in the bank. I've got €2M at the moment, so it won't take long for me as well I guess.

How are your facilities at the moment? Training/youth? Did you upgrade those, or not?

2 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

My facilities started off brilliantly, (see early posts), and in particular my Youth recruitment was "well established" right from the off.

I'm at work at moment so can't tell you exactky what they are like, but the info within the thread is up to date.

Our training facilities have been downgraded once and I chose not to repair becUse I was saving to turn Pro.

I'm hoping that from now on I can just sell 1 player of my choice per season to keep us ticking over.

Your success in the Big Cup will have helped you and you seem ahead of where I was at a similar stage in just about all respects. 

11 minutes ago, Winski said:

That's fantastic news!! Great to know that you've got 2.7M in the bank. I've got €2M at the moment, so it won't take long for me as well I guess.

How are your facilities at the moment? Training/youth? Did you upgrade those, or not?

Sorry. Trying to respond on my phone and its posted my reply elsewhere. Sorry.

7 hours ago, rimisark said:

Jimbokav1971, how many players is your database, is there any other active leagues?

The Icelandic structure is the only one loaded. 

When I have previously played saves like this, (I will never manage outside Iceland), I have always opted for a Small database. This has a few implications, both positive and negative. 

1. Within a small database, fewer newgens will be produced outside Iceland and this will drive the value of reasonable PA Icelanders up, (so players that I sell bring in more money). 

2. Within a small database, fewer newgens will be produced outside Iceland and this will mean that there is a higher demand for my Icelanders and this might cause some of them to leave the club for a foreign field, or at the very least become unhappy that they have been unable to do so. 

3. Because there are fewer newgens produced outside the active Nation, it effectively falsely increases the long-term competitiveness of Iceland in comparison to other Nations, so acts to give me as a manager there a slight advantage. (In a long terms game, the dominant European team of 2020 is never going to compare wuth the likes of recent Barca, Real or Bayern teams, nor going slightly further back, Man Utd nor the dominant AC Milan before that. 

I actually thought that I had loaded a small database again, but after checking it seems as if I have loaded a medium database. I think I was going to go for a small database but just thought I would see what happened with a medium database. I must admit that the way player valuations are going, I actually thought that I was using a small database.

6a6b4c600fdc59e793d0634e51bff10e.png 

I've just found the approximate player count and it's 7,000.

Edited by Jimbokav1971

7 hours ago, Winski said:

Facilities

fa05a91cb273198dba773a1ec5f2db5d.png

On 12/11/2016 at 11:43, Jimbokav1971 said:

My DoF has signed a new HoYD. (And I think he's done ok). :D

7a664f361d5cde15b5bd0334151b3c3c.png

Where on Earth did he get this bloke from! :eek:

I've just had a review of my staff and rather than this bloke, it appears as if I have still got the HoYD that I have had from the start. 

Worse than that, this bloke is no longer even in the database!

I must have lost thatg in a crash and then never sacked him again and then since then the Pro bloke my DoF signed has retired.

Gutted. :(

[Edit]

Cancel that. I have absolutely no idea what I was looking at, but the reason I couldn't find him in the search feature was because he is actually here and I had ignore all HK staff in the search filter. 

That means that the bloke I clicked on was...... I've got no idea actually. Ass Man maybe?:idiot:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Transfer deals. Feb 2024

(21b) Skúlason (Pro) * is a 19 yo MC who is one of our best players in what is a weak area. There is no doubt that he is going to have to go at some point, but he is contracted until the end of the 2026 season and it's only the start of the 2024 season, so I'm guessing play him this season and next season and then cash in on him with 12 months left on his contract. £1M now, and I'm sure it will be much more by then, (note the Pro personality).

b5476e738a2b7603105d9fb1d50cc0ca.png

(18c) Óskar (F.Amb) * is a 22 yo SC who is our best SC by CA wut whom I am keen to cash in on so that I can develop the next couple of strikers. He's contracted until the end of 2027 so we are in no rush to sell him, but because we have produced some high PA SC's, I want to get rid. £860,000 = 50% + £300,000 after 50 League appearances + £250,000 after 1st International appearnce sounds great, and I think there is a bug in the game which would have allowed me to benefit from not just 50% of the re-sale value, but also £2-% of any re-sale profit that they make. 

108e0ccd10c69ea2ffc69cf6e26ea49e.png

Damn! :rolleyes:

15e816d807de271d90e9390b7db8593a.png

Why would you want to sell your best striker?

0d77780120d2cdd2969b700668ee5c61.png

Well he might be my best SC at the moment, but you can see above that the best player from 3 of our last 4 intakes has actually been a striker. 

I'm not keen at all to sell (22a) Jón (Pro) (2022) *, but other than that I would probably sell any of the others for the right cash. 

3 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Just read through the whole thread. Great following your progress domestically to the point of now winning the title, what a goal and what a way to win it too! Was also enjoyable to follow the progress of Jake, who seems to have quite a career ahead of him.

Thanks. :cool:

I'm glad someone else is enjoying following the development of individual players because I will openly admit that this is the crux of the save. I'm not overly bothered about what I win, (just so long as I don't get sacked).

The reality is that however good Jake is, (and he is good), he's never going to be a World-Beater at this early stage of the save, Similarly, my keenness to sell  (18c) Óskar (F.Amb) * is partly about the fact that we have an abundance of talent coming through in the SC area, but also because I want to see him go on a be a success elsewhere. I still don't think we have produced a "special" player, (at least under my tenure because we have produced "special" players before I arrived), but I would properly love to produce someone who might have the ability to become World Class one day. 

That's what this save is all about. What I win along the way is really just a sub-story. 

More Transfers. Apr 2024.

This is quite frustrating. 18yo AP(s) (22b) Ragnar Ágúst (Bal) has only played 1 full season with us and already the board have decided to cash in on him. While £1.1M is good money, (great money at this level), what I usually dislike about board agreed transfers is that they don't get the add-ons in the deals right. While they have sold us a little short in terms of the add-ons, I am least happy that they have included a 50% re-sale value. My thinking is that as these players progress, rather than having to sell players to keep us moving forward financially, we will benefit significantly by these re-sale clauses, possibly to an extent that they might bring in more income than our initial 100% player sales. 

aaf6e89fd03816d67122ef25f462e6fb.png

You can see that he is more PA than CA at the moment, but with our best AP(s) out injured at the moment, he would have played a significant role this season.

8cd4d874401f919c64b2fb6edce36e40.png

With £2.36M in the bank, it remains to be seen whether selling our nrightest young prospects at this early stage of their career/development is the best route moving forward. My personal opinion is that we should keep them for longer, get more out of them in terms of their performances and development on the pitch and then and only then sell them on for a financial reward so that they can further their career.

New goal-scoring GK in the house

We know that Jake has come and gone, but we have a number of decent GK's at the club. 

24bda003bc9f65d273314fafe25a29d8.png

(17c) Ingvar Hjál (Bal) * has been our 1st choice GK since Jake left, but he is having his head turned by interest from elsewhere so will soon be on his way, and in any case he is out with a broken arm at the moment so (19d) Ívar Örn (Pro) * is being given an extended run in the side. 

Although (17c) Ingvar Hjál (Bal) * has what I would cal a better "balance/distribution" to his attributes, the better personality of (19d) Ívar Örn (Pro) * makes him my preferred option to stay at the club in the long-term, (to use as a tutor if nothing else). 

Model Pro OCD Update. May 2024.

We currently have the following non- playing Tutors at the club. These players are not eligible for selection in competitive games because they have not come through the academy here and were not at the club when I arrived. They may only play in friendlies. 

Ragnar (M.Pro) Tutor
Ingvi (F.Pro) Tutor, (is actually out on loan because he is still too young to Tutor).
Oddur Ingi (F.Pro) Tutor
Guð Gun (F.Pro) Tutor

45aa18d3b5e35031d6ab28e63b62eeda.png

356e82e69cfdaf8c8c155cdc606039db.png

2a7ca2ac288be4e3c06ca95d8ab40f3d.png

I'd say that's pretty good progress considering my starting point.

1 hour ago, Slipky said:

Wait, is this a youth academy challenge, or what? I might have missed the concept of this save.

I'm not playing this save by anyone else's rules. It's my save and I will play it how I like. 

The focus is very much on Youth, but I am prepared to sign players who came through the academy before I arrived at the club, and I'm also prepared to sign players as tutors who have been produced by other clubs, (although these players will not be available for selection in any competitive matches). 

Here are some of the comments I have made about this in the thread, (these are actually just from page 1), so anyone reading the thread should be aware of how I'm playing. Before the game started I was actually contemplating signing non-Icelandic Scandinavians, but thankfully that hasn't been required. Additionally, I have not played a player in any competitive game who was brought in after not being produced previously by our academy.  

1. "With that in mind, I need to have a think about what my self-imposed rules are going to be. In my Partizan save I started off by saying that I would only sign Serbian players, but then relaxed it to allow myself to sign non-Serbian non-playing tutors, but obviously Iceland doesn't have quite the infrastructure that Serbia has. I'm tempted to relax my initial rules to include all Scandinavians, (and still allow myself to sign non-playing tutors from absolutely everywhere), but with the idea being that I will slowly wean myself off non-Icelandic Scaninavians and then ultimately, even non-home-grown Icelanders. I'm not sure how realistic this is going to be, but that's my thinking anyway. Having never managed in Iceland, (and only just becoming aware that they have a rule of a maximum of 3 non-EU players in the squad, (why don't England do that?), I'm not sure at this stage what sort of players are going to appear on my scouting list, but I guess I will use the above as a start and maybe refine/relax things as I go depending on how I am getting on."
  2. You might be wonder, what is a Youth Development save doing worrying about scouting? but hold on to your horses for a minute and I will tell you. As far as I'm concerned, any player that has ever been produced by our club, (and by that I mean we were his very 1st club), is fair game and should be considered a realistic transfer target. It may be that I have to spread my target next wider to achieve success, (maybe to other clubs in Iceland and maybe even outside Iceland and insto the deepest darkest depths of Scandinavia), but don't worry about that too much. We will cross that bridge when we come to it and see how we go, At the start we will just be looking for players that our club has already produced and to that end I am currently scouting 25 players, 4 of whom have been offered a trial. 
  3. If I can fix and/or remove the 6 lowest players in the squad by Det, then I'm hopeful that this might change the tipping point. If at the same time I also bring in 2x non-playing Det tutors on non-contract terms, then this will push the tipping point further in the right direction. It really does seem to be a case of managing the Det to at least a reasonable level before i even think about looking at (Pro) level, and just for the record, this is the depth of my (Pro) influence at the club at this moment. 
  4. While I'm not setting rigid restrictions such as no signings at all, I am trying to make the save as self-funded as possible. With that in mind, my initial intention is to never play a single player in a competitive game who was not brought through our Academy. I may have to relax this at some point in the future, (hence no grandiose promises that I am unable to stick to), but it's certainly a goal/target for the save. Signing players who have previously come through the academy here and then gone on to ply their trade elsewhere are certainly fair game, (and I have signed 4 of those already), and I know already that I am happy to sign non-playing tutors who are not products of our academy. It may well be that I struggle so much that I dispense with some/all of these restrictions, but it's certainly the way I want to see the save progress. I appreciate that even these modest restrictions give me a considerable advantage over those like you who play "proper" Youth Challenge saves. If I was to restrict myself in that way, I fear that my Model Pro OCD would cause me to have a breakdown.

European Campaign 2024.

After a couple of seasons of serious over-performance in Europe, we were brought crashing back down to Earth this season. There were reasons behind our exit, but that's just the way it goes sometimes. We lost the previous game before the 1st leg in a poor performance so this knocked morale and then we lost our 1st choice AP(s) to injury and then the board sold the back-up and he left the day before the 1st leg. We then went and lost the League game between the 2 European games, (to make it 3 losses in a row), to further kick our confidence. A triple hit to our morale and the the loss of both senior players in a key position was just too much to cope with. 

c14513cf37b029a5c33ed2219ec7a57b.png

Youth Day 2024.

657dd888d3d168c5df321546fef3774c.png

3x MC's, (well 2x MC's and a DM), is just what the Doc ordered. It's weird that the last bloke would hardly produce any and then I go and change the HoYD and whammo, we get 3 of the top 5 players promoted as MC's.

Something else that is impressive is the level of Professionalism that came through this intake. 2x Pro, 1x Res, 1x F.Pro and 1x Spirited.

In terms of PA, we get 2x 5.0 players through, but despite changing the HoYD, one of them is another GK which means that we have now produced 6 good GK's in 9 seasons! I went 10 years on FM14 waiting for just an average GK to be produced! :lol:

No 2nd Nationalities is a shame in terms of the journey. I was hoping for more San Marino kids to come through. I think I worked out that this is caused by my reputation though and at the moment it's not going to be good enough. 

709dd3134a4c99ed10b2e8293c3d09ff.png

Icelandic Cup 2024

b40ef6f648d8fa07778fb5e3b01e9d4f.png

a1ef7171a008b20d014fc964f48e8091.png

This is the 1st time we have got anywhere near the Final and I think I'm correct in saying that since the game started, *I'm 8 seasons in now), the Icelandic Cup has been won by a team outside the top flight on each and every occasion until now. 

[Edit]

Actually, that's not quite true. 

6 hours ago, LPQR said:

congrats on turning pro as a club and as a squad too, by the looks of it :) really enjoying this, btw

Thanks. We don't actually turn Pro until the end of next season, but I am keeping the bank balance healthy to avoid a late change of mind.

Yeah, the Professionalim is coming along nicely. Still only just the 1x (M.Pro), and he's a non-playing Tutor, but it's developing very nicely so I'm happy in that respect.

13 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Icelandic Cup 2024

b40ef6f648d8fa07778fb5e3b01e9d4f.png

a1ef7171a008b20d014fc964f48e8091.png

This is the 1st time we have got anywhere near the Final and I think I'm correct in saying that since the game started, *I'm 8 seasons in now), the Icelandic Cup has been won by a team outside the top flight on each and every occasion until now. 

[Edit]

Actually, that's not quite true. 

I'm only a couple of seasons in but the Icelandic Cup has been won by 1.deild karla sides both times too (although also the division winner the same season)

Maybe just a coincidence

10 hours ago, Toffle said:

Does the squad personality have an impact on the personality of new-gens? Or on their professionalism attribute progression (not counting tutoring)?

I don't think that the squad personality impacts individual Newgens as they are produced, but there does seem to be a link as to how young players develop in exactly the same way as there is with determination. At the beginning of the save my squad had quite low Determination and what happened was that any players that had good PA were having their Determination lowered by the influence of the overall low determination of the squad. I got round this with a few different little things. 

1. I put all players with low Det on a training schedule that included training Det, (even if it wasn't the role that I wanted to play them in). 

2. I tutored players with Det in mind as well as Pro. 

3. I culled a few low PA players with very low Det. 

4. I loaned a few of the lowest Det players out, (to try and bring our average up), but I'm not sure how effective this was if I'm honest. 

The big things were the tutoring and the training of Det, and of course the release of the very poorest helped no end. 

Now though, (and we are still in the very early stages of building an Ultra-Pro squad as far as i'm concerned, I keep having to change the nicknames on players because they have become slightly more Pro even without tutoring. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

1st Player called up for Senior Icelandic Squad. Aug 2024

3908502ab533b787c386984304575d04.png

(19d) Ívar Örn (Pro) * is 21 yo GK who has 12 (ISL) U21 Caps to his name. He wasn't the best GK (by PA or CA), at the start of the season, but partly because of his Pro personality, and partly because I wanted to sell 23 yo (17c) Ingvar Hjál (Bal) *, he was elevated to a starting position and has retained his position. The fact that he is our 1st player to be called up to the Senior (ISL) National Squad would seem to be evidence that I made the correct decision.

2c41e99fe3fc2ea4c58c5f8c26cf7aa9.png

Transfer Update. Sep 2024.

653b0a7a8aabc935aef5db946aff607b.png

Despite the fact that I actually want to sell (18c) Óskar (F.Amb) *, and despite the fact that my minimum valuation of £1M has been met, I rejected the deal on the basis that it did not include a 50% re-sale clause and was non-negotiable. If someone is going to pay £1,2M for his from us, how much is someone going to pay to buy him from a much bigger Belgian club? (That's my thinking anyway). 

End of Season 8 update. Oct 2024

9b3d91f2d200b7669214cf88f0337c10.png c5a42aef108f0154e37e75a2ca56e0dd.png 67cc2ef9e24520437d8179b918076d53.png 1ae0433fb9207b21af4c9d3d7481f0aa.png

e45f5a14a07db380690061c397253f15.png

aafdbddb3ad6fa3788f4cb5b9728f47d.png

dd544a4dfc9128c0bf4dd4f389875083.png

Season #8 gave us our 1st clean sweep of domestic trophies. We lost 3 league games in winning the league by a comfortable 7 points, but ultimately fell at the first hurdle in Europe. As we over-achieved the last 2 seasons in Europe and we are raking it in at the moment in terms of player sales, at least we weren't reliant on European sourced funding to turn Pro, (which is due to happen at the start of the next season by the way).

League Table.

6f16f67cad578baac36e1cf7d08fb9b4.png

League Graph. We led from start to finish and as I expect this to continue, I think that I will dispense with the graph in future updates

League Fixtures 1.
League Fixtures 2. I was delighted that we were able to buck a save-long trend that has seen our form tail-off at the end of the season, and actually we remained unbeaten over the last 9 games, (although the more observant amongst you might notice that we still drew 3 of our last 4 games taking just 6 points from a possible 12.

Cup Fixtures.

828539548f0e0fd638c9999b32f11cb8.png

European re-cap.

b629957c7b7414697dd1cf0471830d74.png

Player of the season, (66%), Young Player of the Season, Top Goal-scorer

Transfers.

7bf2431de7634cbe193ce018561449b8.png

Proof that Guð Gun (F.Pro) Tutor didn't play any competitive matches
Proof that Hafsteinn (Bal) HG 12 is a product of our academy and CAN be played in competitive matches

Tracker

3b93a834e65464d078153863018b7d72.png

Model Pro OCD watch

b5683f5b3a2095a1dcfc1187ded20641.png

e06367fada908cff3f3236585409316f.png

d788f9ea2442058339a9b6b618c2ec00.png

061f8eda4f545fe9f8461c9cea214413.png
9314d4ab92dcded27d03d6fed4176376.png

How on Earth do I not win Manager of the Year, (not even 2nd):idiot:

Icelandic Young Player of the Year.  

Just the 1 player in the Team of the Year

Congrats on going pro! Ten years seems relatively reasonable.

Out of interest, can we see how the game is handling transfers in the future, and on a small db? Mine has some excellent simulations of the mentalist ransfer market - players going for silly money to China (Riyad Mahrez for £40m) and world transfer records being broken (£110m for Verratti to Man City) but it would be intriguing to see yours.

Also, Jake update?

On 10/20/2016 at 15:41, Jimbokav1971 said:

We had Edgar Davids for a while and although it was ultimately un-successful, (but fun), I loved the brand of football we played. 

Now, with Martin Allen at the help we are just a bunch of cloggers, he hardly ever picks one of my favourite players, (Luke Gambin, who will surely play in League 1 next season after leaving on a free), and the only thing that might save us from relegation this season is that despite our woefulness, Big John is going to score so many goals at this level that we still just might survive. No more Barnet comments from me. 

I love Edgar Davids no matter what... 

Ex Player Watch. Oct 2024.

b95e29e5bf2b19fa85dd4b4f68ff933d.png

The player with the highest valuation is (16d) Jake (ENG) (F.Pro) * at £2.4M, but that could well be simply because he is playing in England. Unfortunately, despite breaking into the 1st Team a few years ago, he hasn't been seen since as 35yo Ron Roberto Zieler is 1st choice and never seems to be injured. The only other GK in the squad is a 19yo English youngster who us capped at U20 level, so it could be that despite his age he could be a threat to Jake as RRZ thinks about retiring. 

2515387c06088815fe82127d09e15896.png

Of particular interest to me at the moment is (17b) Barðdal (Det) * who is a 23yo AP(s) who we sold to Brugge for £1.7M in 2022 but who has been released on a free after only making 8 appearances, (although he did play in Europe for them). I'm really keen to get him back but he's not having any of it. I don't really mind if I'm honest, just so long as someone snaps him up and he doesn't retire. At the moment we are the only club showing an interest in him. 

I can't really show you pics of either  (16d) Jake (ENG) (F.Pro) * or  (17b) Barðdal (Det) * at the moment because we have only just been allowed to scout outside Iceland and it will take a while to get around all our ex products.