Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

2 minutes ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Why isn't the "block team from promotion" in the advanced editor -> division -> competition working?

I've added some teams to check and tested it in every possible way but the blocked team keeps getting promoted.

Did you add it to all divisions?

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KUBI said:

Did you add it to all divisions?

Yes to all divisions that it should not be able to promote to. I used override rules in code and tested it in nation rules with lower divisions added and one created from scratch. I unchecked the box "non promotable teams should be able to play in playoffs" and the team still qualified for top playoff and promoted.

Hello all

I'm really sorry to post about this as it's been discussed a LOT but as yet there are hardly any actual released editor files on BREXIT...at least none I've been able to find.

I saw the template that was released here and Rob at Susie released THIS, and while it may well work, it only allows you to load "English League One & Above" for some reason....Unfortunately I don't know enough about the Editor to to take a crack it myself. I see someone has been trying to make it work with England-to-Level22, but I just want to get it working with the normal FM League structure....

Has anyone been able to stop/long delay Brexit whilst still maintaining normal leagues in game?

On 6-1-2017 at 12:05, RowRow78 said:

Hello all

I'm really sorry to post about this as it's been discussed a LOT but as yet there are hardly any actual released editor files on BREXIT...at least none I've been able to find.

I saw the template that was released here and Rob at Susie released THIS, and while it may well work, it only allows you to load "English League One & Above" for some reason....Unfortunately I don't know enough about the Editor to to take a crack it myself. I see someone has been trying to make it work with England-to-Level22, but I just want to get it working with the normal FM League structure....

Has anyone been able to stop/long delay Brexit whilst still maintaining normal leagues in game?

You need to test the rules with the advanced editor and save your file.  Works fine with Dan's file after I tested the leagues with the advanced editor.

Hello!

I want to add a Fixture Rule where the maximum number of players a club can loan in one season is five.

I do understand how to implement Fixture Rules, and I have been able to add such things as: Number of home grown players etc.

But adding: 'SQUAD SELECTION RULES > (ADD) SEASON RULES > LOAN PLAYERS IN SEASON', and setting the 'VALUE' to 'less than 6' results in an error upon rule testing. Specifically the error reads 'INVALIS SQUAD SELECTION RULE'.

Any ideas what might be causing this issue? I am able to add 'OVERALL SQUAD RULES > LOAN PLAYERS IN SQUAD. But that's not exactly what I am after!

7 minutes ago, KnightsofStanley said:

Hello!

I want to add a Fixture Rule where the maximum number of players a club can loan in one season is five.

I do understand how to implement Fixture Rules, and I have been able to add such things as: Number of home grown players etc.

But adding: 'SQUAD SELECTION RULES > (ADD) SEASON RULES > LOAN PLAYERS IN SEASON', and setting the 'VALUE' to 'less than 6' results in an error upon rule testing. Specifically the error reads 'INVALIS SQUAD SELECTION RULE'.

Any ideas what might be causing this issue? I am able to add 'OVERALL SQUAD RULES > LOAN PLAYERS IN SQUAD. But that's not exactly what I am after!

Maybe there are some squads already with more than 5 loan players? You got to check each team. Or to quick test it, save as a new file then go to Edit -> remove player loans -> all, and try to verify.

8 minutes ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Maybe there are some squads already with more than 5 loan players? You got to check each team. Or to quick test it, save as a new file then go to Edit -> remove player loans -> all, and try to verify.

Thank you for the prompt reply and suggestion. However, this is not the case (I have checked to confirm) - All of the clubs involved are either a new creation or very low rep 'lower league teams' whom have only one or two players, if any!

Any other suggestions?

4 minutes ago, KnightsofStanley said:

Thank you for the prompt reply and suggestion. However, this is not the case (I have checked to confirm) - All of the clubs involved are either a new creation or very low rep 'lower league teams' whom have only one or two players, if any!

Any other suggestions?

It might be an editor issue. Go to 'Test Competitions' and clear all verifying tests, next close the editor, start editor again, load your data, go to settings -> language -> choose English (not English US) and verify again.

35 minutes ago, Slabbekoorn said:

It might be an editor issue. Go to 'Test Competitions' and clear all verifying tests, next close the editor, start editor again, load your data, go to settings -> language -> choose English (not English US) and verify again.

SOLVED!

I already had Loan Rules under the 'Transfer Rules > Loan Rules' Tab!

Thanks for you help though all.

Just wanted to know if anyone knew what this problem was. i've left a few topics but no one has got back to me on it. 

I have made a league of 20 teams, no relegation no promotion. what my problem is the cup.

now my cup has 20 teams, meaning it will be 4 groups of 5 teams, 2 go through, so that's 8 for the QF etc...

When i test the rules this is what i get. 

cup 2.png

cccccc.png

Hi, I have a problem.

I have a competition and I want to change its format starting from 2017/2018 season.

In 2016/2017 competition team number are 22, I want to change to 20 team starting from 2017/2018.

How I do this?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ethan76 said:

Hi, I have a problem.

I have a competition and I want to change its format starting from 2017/2018 season.

In 2016/2017 competition team number are 22, I want to change to 20 team starting from 2017/2018.

How I do this?

Thanks.

Download the new Syria file and look how it is done.

I'm trying to bring Alan Shearer out of retirement to make him a manager, but even when selecting the editor file he's not showing up.

Edit: Sorted it. His Nation wasn't set manually, even though the DB added a greyed out Nation. Just added it a 2nd time and fixed it.

Is there a way to delete all the players and managers from the database?

I want to start a new game and have the game automatically add players to playable teams. I'm hoping this will create a unique football universe within the game. You can delete players, but only 500 at a time and there's 200k+ I believe. Is there a faster way to do this? 

P.S - No, I'm not talking about the "Use Fake Players" option!

6 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

Is there a way to delete all the players and managers from the database?

I want to start a new game and have the game automatically add players to playable teams. I'm hoping this will create a unique football universe within the game. You can delete players, but only 500 at a time and there's 200k+ I believe. Is there a faster way to do this? 

P.S - No, I'm not talking about the "Use Fake Players" option!

You can change the maximum amount of records for search to unlimited in the settings , but the game is not made for such things. The good players will not join any club, because there are no players at the same level.

5 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You can change the maximum amount of records for search to unlimited in the settings , but the game is not made for such things. The good players will not join any club, because there are no players at the same level.

But if I'm not mistaken, the game creates an entire new set of players. 

Players will be at clubs already? 

"Add players to playable teams". You can do this on a small scale with leagues and new clubs. 

The 4th tier in my nation has a complicated qualifying, I made it work, but I am not being able to eliminate the teams that play superior divisions from qualifying. It's Brazilian 4th Division, here the clubs qualify through State Divisions for the lowest national competition, while the other 3 divisions have normal structure. Anyone can shed a light?

59 minutes ago, henri.melo00 said:

The 4th tier in my nation has a complicated qualifying, I made it work, but I am not being able to eliminate the teams that play superior divisions from qualifying. It's Brazilian 4th Division, here the clubs qualify through State Divisions for the lowest national competition, while the other 3 divisions have normal structure. Anyone can shed a light?

I solved my problem, didn't see the ignore teams from division option so clear on my face.

Now, I have another problem, the teams that qualify in state divisions, will play the next season, so, how can I make this work? Because the way I'm doing the teams qualify for the current season championship.

Hi,

Im trying to creat Portuguese Full Struture, but i have an division that the editor dont recognize the promotion

competi_ao.png

competi_ao2.png

stage_0_geral.png

stage_0_defini_oes.png

stage_0_defini_oes_2.png

stage_1_geral.png

stage_1_defini_oes_grupo.png

stage_1_defini_oes_liga.png

stage_1_defini_oes_liga_2.png

stage_1_defini_oes_liga_3.png

stage_1_regras_individuais.png

stage_2_geral.png

stage_2_defini_oes_liga_1.png

stage_2_defini_oes_liga_2.png

stage_2_defini_oes_lige_3.png

erro.png

i assure that the error is in that league, with the league inactive the editor validate my update

thanks

15 hours ago, TH3 K1LL3R said:

i have solve the problem, however it verifies in my editor when in my friend pc dont

I'm trying to do portuguese League too, but I have a problem with First Division verification.

Second, Third and Distrital are ok but when I try to verify first division an error output to me about mistmatching between relegated and promoted team from Campeonato Nacional and Distrital (22 vs 20). How you resolved it?

Thanks.

Is it possible to limit the number of B-teams in a division? Say I have a division of 18 teams and I only want a maximum of six of those teams to be B-teams - so a B-team can't be promoted from a lower division if there's six B-teams already and any B-teams relegated from a higher division will mean the lowest ranked B-team is relegated to a lower division.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Could anybody help me with his - how can I successfully edit/create holiday breaks in advanced rules? I tried using "mid-season break" option, but apparently after that clubs play some friendlies during the time I set there. But there are no holidays at all.

Hey guys

Can someone help me with a little issue i'm having?  Basically i'm expanding the australian a-league to include 16 teams.  That parts fine, done, sorted, i even created some terrible logos.

My issue now, the only thing stopping me from completing the project, is the cup/finals structure.  I wish to replicate the finals structure of old, which is basically this:

finals structure.jpg

Sorry for the positively awful picture.  Anyway, to achieve this structure i have to set it up as 5 rounds, not 4 as you see here.  Essentially, 3-6 go into round 0, 1v2 goes into round 1 and you get the idea from there.  The grand final, or round 4, despite all the rounds prior being correctly structured and successfully completed in the editor, will not draw.  Previously, i incorrectly set the structure up for the 1v2 match as a single leg instead of 2 legs, and in that scenario the grand final was drawn and run without a problem; the competition would run completely through without a hitch.  Now, once i discovered the problem and fixed the 1v2 match to be 2 legged tie, i started hitting problems.  I had a tiresome battle getting it to draw and stage the 1v2 home and away tie, but eventually that was solved.  And finally now, the grand final is doing the same thing, refusing to be drawn or staged. It's structured identically as before when it would be staged and run, there's no explanation, it just flat out won't do it.  I've changed every possible thing i can change and it just will not draw or stage the grand final.

Absolutely need some help from a pro before i give up and go back to dark souls.  Editor file attached, peace.

a-league expanded old finals_0900E0C3-39FA-45D1-8A63-09FBF2A0D3B8.fmf

Is there anything to set or change the value of the youth contract income? I can never really change it ingame and they always cost a couple of thousand euro's and I would like to change this. Youth contracts shouldn't cost any money imo and I want to set it to 0 euro a year.

I'm creating a file for Greenland, their season runs from say January - September in the same year. I've set up the competition like this, but what I wondering is whether or not I can get the season to start in January 2017 rather than January 16. Whatever I change, the database will always start in 2016.

Hi, I want to change the non-EU  players allowed on the pitch in polish Ekstraklasa to 5 (it's 2 nowadays). How can I do it, without reseting all the registration/match rules? Once I've changed the fixture rules under the nation section, all of the rules dissapear. This is how they look now, and I want to amend only the rule about 2 non-EU players in the first 11. Is it even doable?

I've tried recreating the rules from scratch, but firstly there are some issue with computer AI not registering new players at all... And I cannot find the rule regarding the U21 players that can be registered at any time.

Clipboard02.png

It's a workaround, I've tried, and will have to live apparently since the option of registering U-21 players is nowhere to be found.

Also, where can I set up the holidays for the players? Sometimes after the season the holidays are triggered, but sometimes all the players remains in club in training... I've also wanted to add mid-season break from 22.12 to 10.01, every year.

11 minutes ago, TommyD8888 said:

It's a workaround, I've tried, and will have to live apparently since the option of registering U-21 players is nowhere to be found.

Also, where can I set up the holidays for the players? Sometimes after the season the holidays are triggered, but sometimes all the players remains in club in training... I've also wanted to add mid-season break from 22.12 to 10.01, every year.

There is a mid season break tab, where you can set it. If you want the game generating friendly matches you can set it like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-04 um 17.59.50.jpg

1 hour ago, TommyD8888 said:

Hi, I want to change the non-EU  players allowed on the pitch in polish Ekstraklasa to 5 (it's 2 nowadays). How can I do it, without reseting all the registration/match rules? Once I've changed the fixture rules under the nation section, all of the rules dissapear. This is how they look now, and I want to amend only the rule about 2 non-EU players in the first 11. Is it even doable?

Hey, I was able to change (delete) non-EU players rule here:

squadselectionrules.png

7 minutes ago, Ceyvol said:

No holiday break in this setup either...

It works if you also set in the nation tab "invalid fixture date range", "new years date" and set the date range 22.12 to 10.01. (or earlier, if you want friendly games in the first January week.)

2 hours ago, KUBI said:

It works if you also set in the nation tab "invalid fixture date range", "new years date" and set the date range 22.12 to 10.01. (or earlier, if you want friendly games in the first January week.)

Still no luck... Unfortunately it looks like it's hardcoded to start 1 week after the ending of Ekstraklasa (when I've moved the last autumn fixture 1 week in the schedule the break lasted also 1 week).

Do You know how the Season Periods (new system) tab works? Maybe any changes should be made there.

Is it possible to have promotion rules for a league that alternates? Meaning for a subdivision that one year the champion gets promoted; the other year the champion plays a playoff against another champion of a subdivision. Like the Austrian Regional Leagues.

So far I have made 3 rules for each subdivision.

Then I tried achieving the alternation by using the Valid Years option under the competition tab with the year interval set at 3. That didn't work

Then I changed the year interval option under the competition itself to 3. Once again the editor did validate the rules but when starting up the Austrian leagues in FM the Regional Leagues are just not visible (and yes, I did choose Austria down to 3rd level.

So, any clue if this is possible at all and if yes, where do I go wrong?

Austria_1320A6C7-A704-405E-A6CD-5A7E0F0C1C5E.fmf

Archived