Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

So back to the Brexit edit, I just got this in 2017 on my proper, full save.

8a2f4c356220363837c7be9a49abbfde.png

Two tests and a proper save and I got the same result everytime. Seems like you can stop Brexit from happening then!

would you did you do to try and stop it I have just delayed it until 2030 will sim shortly 

set likleyhood to 0% for all other years

3 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

would you did you do to try and stop it I have just delayed it until 2030 will sim shortly 

set likleyhood to 0% for all other years

I set it to 2100 100% chance of happening and deleted all other dates, and changed 'current players will get work permit' to 100%. That's it.

Now the question is, will there be a way of altering the Brexit outcome after a game has started, by using the in-game editor or some third-party software? I've already started a save and I doubt I'm gonna want to restart it, and while I don't really mind Brexit being implemented I do have some objections to how it's implemented. If I get the hard Brexit it would undoubtedly be a huge demotivator, and if there's a way to avoid/change that after starting a game I'm all ears.

Is it perhaps too complicated to edit it after a game has started?

Has anyone tried the ol' "save -> reload" to see if this changes the Brexit outcome, or is it something that is decided long before the news item is received?

7 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

using a RTE to change rules like this would make game very unstable and crash so cant be edited in game as things stand

might change but doubt it very much, any attempt to edit advanced rules in RTE causes problems 

Yeah that's what I feared. I guess the last resort would be reloading, but if that doesn't help then I suppose nothing will.

13 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

you could try you might get a different outcome or even take it back to an earlier saved date and run a few sims

I'll experiment with it when I get there, but it might be a while. If someone reads this and gets there before me, I'd love some feedback on this.

Does anyone know how to increase the number of substitutes in both English competitions and the Champions League (and Europa League) simultaneously?

I want to do so without having to edit the 'Nation' of the Champions League in its 'Details' category.

Hi guys. I'm a big editor but never used the forums before...

Where in the advanced editor do I go about setting the TV money for individual fixtures in the FA Cup? I've had to recreate it to include down to English L10.

Cheers!

19 minutes ago, Pazaaz said:

Hi guys. I'm a big editor but never used the forums before...

Where in the advanced editor do I go about setting the TV money for individual fixtures in the FA Cup? I've had to recreate it to include down to English L10.

Cheers!

Read the faqs its all there

Where in the editor does it state which conference MLS teams are in? The teams are all under the Major League Soccer competition, and in the advance rules I can't find any mention of which team is in which conference? I'm trying to do a similar system and I have no idea how to assign teams to a conference while keeping them registered under the parent competition.

Ok I was making my own new league in Gibraltar, I have made everything as I want and after starting the game and looking the league rules, I see a weird and unexpected rule that says - salary rules 1,500 p/m min - how do I change or remove it in advanced editor?

9jAW0rb.png

8 minutes ago, Wells said:

Ok I was making my own new league in Gibraltar, I have made everything as I want and after starting the game and looking the league rules, I see a weird and unexpected rule that says - salary rules 1,500 p/m min - how do I change or remove it in advanced editor?

Yes, that seems to be a new hard-coded rule. I don't think you can edit it, it's the minimal wage a month for each country.

On 04/11/2016 at 22:46, Briixx said:

Just a heads up on the Brexit situation. I think I found a way around it. In the editor under advanced rules, just untick the box that says leaving agreement. Furthermore I put the date to 1st July, and set the year to 2017 and 100%. Then I removed all other options, saved, ran the test rules (as you have to, to save advanced rules), saved again, started a game and BOOM, England is back in the european union. 

I hope that's the end of it, but I'm starting my save now. Just wanted to give a heads up to any other people who just wanna play with the same rules as in previous games.

I done this exactly how you said it except I changed the announcement date to 5th July 2016, so it tells me 5 days into the season. Shouldnt matter right? And is that the best possible scenario I can get which brings me to how the game played in previous FMs?

brexit 2.png

50 minutes ago, Verby said:

I done this exactly how you said it except I changed the announcement date to 5th July 2016, so it tells me 5 days into the season. Shouldnt matter right? And is that the best possible scenario I can get which brings me to how the game played in previous FMs?

brexit 2.png

can you upload your file please?

55 minutes ago, Verby said:

brexit 2.png

That looks good. I think the reason for this is, that there is a pre-coded leave at the start of the game and a possible re-join also, with that setup, probably both happens at the start of each save.

Hello,

I would like to edit rules like in the eighties : only 3 players with a nationality different of the club will be able to play. What is the easilier way to do it ?

I have change the rules for England (rules 6 : maximum 25 players on the squad and more than 21 must be from the country, is it ok?) but it's impossible to quit the advanced rules without loosing my changes...

Can somebody help me ?

Thanks

Hey Guys

I have downloaded custom made kits, faces etc in my graphics folder for unlicensed leagues. I have created my own team in the pre game editor to start in the english championship. I created my own kits for them but where do I insert the kit and edit the config file? As the sky bet championship league is already licensed 

Thanks

Hoping for a helping hand!

Keep getting the error "data 1st Jan 1900 does not appear in Scottish League 2 dates (July 17->June 18)". Seem to have gone through every possibility with a fine tooth comb with no luck! Any ideas?

I've changed the relegation playoff, which may well be the issue...

Scotland - Fantasy Pyramid_00C1334A-285D-4D58-8F29-F1A848B9A4D0.fmf

2 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Keep getting the error "data 1st Jan 1900 does not appear in Scottish League 2 dates (July 17->June 18)". Seem to have gone through every possibility with a fine tooth comb with no luck! Any ideas?

Scotland - Fantasy Pyramid_00C1334A-285D-4D58-8F29-F1A848B9A4D0.fmf

League Schedule > General

It's missing a start date? I think it defaults that to 1st Jan 1900. Had similar issues on my own file.

can I edit specific nation using FM Editor so their can produce more talented player?
we know famous nation for football in game can produce high quality player, but how about another nation (not famous nation for football? can I edit in editor so that nation can produce more high quality player?
I don't know what must I change in editor, nation popularity maybe?

On 07/11/2016 at 03:59, harrycarrie said:

So back to the Brexit edit, I just got this in 2017 on my proper, full save.

8a2f4c356220363837c7be9a49abbfde.png

Two tests and a proper save and I got the same result everytime. Seems like you can stop Brexit from happening then!

Got all excited here, but as you say, you can only play the top 3 leagues in England - not much use for Dan's 22-level file!  :(

Any other ideas?

13 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Righto, back and baffled again...

Everything in the existing structure works, including the relegation/promotion playoff (tested by loading the file in-game and checking relegation etc), which tells me that the issue is with the Highland/Lowland Leagues once activated. Tried everything I can think of - fate actions, stage name and numbers, now headbutting a brick wall.

Hoping some fresh eyes can help! The error shown is "Highland-Lowland league has not finished in time for the season update day 24/6/2017".

League & Data Updates3_64FC46C2-ADE9-475B-B4A1-E98834AD3178.fmf

I've not checked this file yet, and I'm certainly not skilled, but in my desire to see Scotland with proper 16-20 team divisions I've had similar issues to yourself.

This may be because the playoffs seem to be dated after the season end date?

I've just had to move my Highland and Lowland end dates to 30/04/17 so as to have my playoff games scheduled.

Just a thought?

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Got all excited here, but as you say, you can only play the top 3 leagues in England - not much use for Dan's 22-level file!  :(

Any other ideas?

Phnom, why will you care about Brexit, if you are managing lower league teams? I don't think any foreign needs or wants semi pro clubs.. starting those under League 2 or so.

5 minutes ago, LCpl said:

I've not checked this file yet, and I'm certainly not skilled, but in my desire to see Scotland with proper 16-20 team divisions I've had similar issues to yourself.

This may be because the playoffs seem to be dated after the season end date?

I've just had to move my Highland and Lowland end dates to 30/04/17 so as to have my playoff games scheduled.

Just a thought?

I've made sure the playoff games mirror the dates of the existing SPFL playoffs, ending the Highland-Lowland leagues in April. It's just strange that it works perfectly while the lower leagues are inactive, but cannot verify if they are active. Really frustrating!!!

8 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

I've made sure the playoff games mirror the dates of the existing SPFL playoffs, ending the Highland-Lowland leagues in April. It's just strange that it works perfectly while the lower leagues are inactive, but cannot verify if they are active. Really frustrating!!!

I get the impression a number of things are breaking betweem Basic and Advanced.

I've just created a 16 team 1-4 and 20 team 5-6 pyramid. Works, runs and tests just fine, but as soon as I go advance to tweak - Reserves stop working and playoffs/squad rules are shot to hell.

5 hours ago, Wells said:

Phnom, why will you care about Brexit, if you are managing lower league teams? I don't think any foreign needs or wants semi pro clubs.. starting those under League 2 or so.

Because I've made a FANTASY league with all clubs nominally in England. The top level has the top sides in Europe such as Barce and Bayern competing with Arsenal, and so on down the pyramid. I like to spend as much time scouring the higher leagues as managing my own little club.  My holiday save already shows clubs from Level 2 down will be smashed by Brexit.

Guys

I've been adding players to my saves since FM2015.

Here's my problem: I've always added young players (-10 PA), but left ALL their mental, technical and physical attributes as it came (which means "0"). Now, I was running a few tests where I wanted ONE of these skills to be "20" at the beggining of the save. However, when I do this, the other attibutes are now starting very low and not developing as we could expect from a player with -10 PA. 

I ran tests with the players starting with 100 CA.

So, my issue is: How can I set a specific attribute to be player's main attribute without the necessity to set values to the other attributes.

When I leave all the attributes 0, players develop normally for a -10 PA. When I set ONE attribute to be 20, they don't develop as expected for a -10PA.

I hope I could make myself clear. 

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I deperately need some help.

I'm working on re-formating the Champions League and the Europa League (UEFA Cup) in my game. In the Second Qualifying Round in the CL (step before the group stage), I want to move the total of 16 losing teams to the First Round of the UEFA Cup. For some reason when I try to setup destinies for me losing teams in CL it all goes bunkers - some teams that should have played in the group stage in CL now enters UEFA Cup and the Group Stage doesn't even start in the CL.

I guess I need some kind of file that shows me an example of how moving teams from one competition to another really works. Alternatively I can upload my file to the FTP?

On 10-11-2016 at 00:30, phnompenhandy said:

Because I've made a FANTASY league with all clubs nominally in England. The top level has the top sides in Europe such as Barce and Bayern competing with Arsenal, and so on down the pyramid. I like to spend as much time scouring the higher leagues as managing my own little club.  My holiday save already shows clubs from Level 2 down will be smashed by Brexit.

So a custom edited competition doesn't eliminate Brexit? Was hoping for that.

I have a league with multiple sub divisions. There are three separate promotion stages, which different leagues take part in, but which promote to the same upper division.

I have tried to set this up by placing the playoffs as another stage in one of the participating leagues, and qualifying the correct teams. This works in that we get the correct teams selected, and the correct playoffs set up. However, it does not always lead to the correct promotion being assigned, and tests tend to crash at some point.

I tried to set up three additional competitions within the league, which hold playoffs and we can assign fates from these additional competitions. Even though I directly copied all the same settings as previously described, this does not lead to the game setting up any playoffs.

Any ideas how is best to proceed?

Good afternoon. I have encountered a problem similar  to this, where a league of want to make playable through the use of an extended database is considered to be 2 different tiers  (5&6) whereas in real life it is considered tier 5.Is there anyway to sort this? 

I have adapted the multiple tier levels to what they correspond to in real life,but it still says that the German.Div.Lower is division 6 ,despite everything else saying division 5.

I think it's because the real pyramid is:

1. Bundesliga (0)

2. Bundesliga (1)

3. Bundesliga (2)

Regionalliga (3)

Oberliga (4)

Verbandsliga/Landesliga (5)

The German Lower division in the game is below the Landesliga. (6)

31 minutes ago, KUBI said:

1. Bundesliga (0)

2. Bundesliga (1)

3. Bundesliga (2)

Regionalliga (3)

Oberliga (4)

But the german extended database i downloaded has the parent competition down as Lower division,but with leagues such as the division Westphalia with FC Gutersloh.....there doesn't seem to be any sign of the Verbandsliga/Landesliga....unless it's under a different name

48 minutes ago, KUBI said:

1. Bundesliga (0)

2. Bundesliga (1)

3. Bundesliga (2)

Regionalliga (3)

Oberliga (4)

Ok...theoretically if i wanted to make the lower division parent competition tier 5 in the editor ,what would be the logical steps to go about doing that?

Archived