[WIP] E22 - England to Level 22

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ryanfordummies said:

Hey Dan, thanks for all your work on this! Do you have any idea when it may be released? Are you able to upload a WIP of the lower leagues you have currently for FM17

Again, really appreciated!

He'll need to run it through the FM17 editor which will be available when the full game comes out on the 4th.

Looking forward to this, going to use it for my long term FM17 save, probably after replacing the sussex leagues with some northern ones

Is there any chance I could request the Cheshire Football League at Step 7 (or Level 11 as you are calling it) please? I can provide club info if needed

3 hours ago, ism-scfc said:

Looking forward to this, going to use it for my long term FM17 save, probably after replacing the sussex leagues with some northern ones

Is there any chance I could request the Cheshire Football League at Step 7 (or Level 11 as you are calling it) please? I can provide club info if needed

Was going to ask for requests for that level and Level 12 as well!

DM me with the relevant info and I'll add it

I was considering creating Hackney Wick FC (new club started this season, near my birthplace) to FM and adding them to level 8, the lowest I feel comfortable with creating myself using the editor. But I see this DB has their real league added (Middx County D1 Central/East) so I'm eagerly anticipating this now!

3 hours ago, TacticalGenius said:

I was considering creating Hackney Wick FC (new club started this season, near my birthplace) to FM and adding them to level 8, the lowest I feel comfortable with creating myself using the editor. But I see this DB has their real league added (Middx County D1 Central/East) so I'm eagerly anticipating this now!

I was looking at Hackney Wick. I may do a youth academy challenge with them. cant wait

On 23/10/2016 at 09:07, Dan BHTFC said:

Leicestershire Premier and Championship are the first 2 new leagues to be added

Thank you so much, can't wait to start!

On 23/10/2016 at 11:48, phnompenhandy said:

Couple more Sikh sides - I like that!

We have a very diverse county and you're quite right in that we have a couple of sikh sides.

Also Highfield Rangers who are predominantly Muslim or at least were!

7 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Have we overwhelmed that nonleaguematters website? I can't get in now. Heath Rangers get relegated?

Looking at the Mid Sussex website, Heath Rangers were in league 9 last year as well and finished second to last.  K&H moved up from league 10 which doesn't appear to exist anymore.

I'm guessing just like the Sussex division you are expanding outside of the National League System (Below step 7)?

If so, Leicestershire have two more league's that filter into the Leicestershire Senior League Championship (Also below Step 7) and then into the Premier.

They are North Leicestershire League (4 divisions I believe) and Leicester & District Football League (Also 4 divisions).

Would you look into including these too or not? Happy to provide certain data if you consider this

Hello

Once again, this will be one of the first files I will be downloading, so am very much looking forward to it. As a request, please could you add the Midlands Football League divisions 2 and 3 please? Most of the info you need should be on the FA Website: http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do;jsessionid=5BFC9CDF229575909C9FC594EE5C558D?psSelectedSeason=159765475&psSelectedDivision=788591911&psSelectedCompetition=0&psSelectedLeague=6125369

http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=159765475&psSelectedDivision=206663078&psSelectedCompetition=0&psSelectedLeague=6125369

There is also the club directory, which, among other things, lists the club websites which allows you to see club kits as well: http://www.midlandfootballleague.co.uk/directory.html. It is the word version of it that I looked at

Thank You 

10 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Excellent. Which L10 divisions will the Leic/Lancs/Cheshire leagues get promoted into, and could you provide a list of other divisions promotion/relegation sides go into?

Leicestershire Senior Championship goes into the Premier and then Premier normally goes into the East Midlands Counties, although MFL/UCL can also be applied for

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

So IRL it's not a fixed system? In FM it will have to be!

Yeah it's kind of confusing, but the majority would go into East Midlands Counties, so I would suggest in FM, fixing to that league. normally then from winning EMCL it's a sideways step to either MFL or UCL.

For example Melton Town got promotion from Leicestershire Senior League Prem, and have gone into the UCL Div 1, which is Step 6 (same as EMCL) where as Birstall United Social, won promotion from Leicestershire Senior League Prem and have gone into the EMCL at Step 6.

St Andrews also got promotion from the EMCL, and then took a step into the MFL Prem (Step 5) so this was a step up instead of a sideways step but i think it depends on the team and facilities etc

West Lancs and Cheshire League will both promote to North West Counties. As will the Manchester League, West Cheshire league and Liverpool County Prem which you already have so you currently have 5 NWCFL feeders. Would you do 5 up 5 down or some sort of playoff?

I'm thinking of starting a save with Maidenhead Magpies of the Thames Valley Premier League (http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=471503827&psSelectedDivision=3688283&psSelectedCompetition=0&psSelectedLeague=6151604) their reserves play in Div.4, will this go down as far as that. Or even as far as the Premier league at all?

I was hoping to take one of these really low teams all the way up to the champions leauge level and try and build it into a footballing powerhouse as a club.

Does anyone know if that is possible - ive heard stories that there is some sort of hard cap you get on building out the club in terms of finances due to the clubs reputation, or does the reputation grow naturally as well?

thanks for any advice

Reputation grows but at these very low levels it grows very slowly.  I've found that when starting at the bottom, by the time I've been promoted to L11 my reputation is much lower than those I'm competing with.  I tend to get promoted fast though.  I imagine you'll start catching up in reputation once you make it to the default leagues that come with the game.

Dan, fantastic work as always! After trialing my tactics on the beta, I cant wait to get a proper lower league career started now!

Please could I second the request for the Midlands Football league Divisions Two and Three? Always wanted to manage my local club Northfield Town! Cheers bud

1 hour ago, jwchriste said:

Reputation grows but at these very low levels it grows very slowly.  I've found that when starting at the bottom, by the time I've been promoted to L11 my reputation is much lower than those I'm competing with.  I tend to get promoted fast though.  I imagine you'll start catching up in reputation once you make it to the default leagues that come with the game.

I was monitoring reputation levels in the FM16 version of this file using ScoutGenie. It gets kinda crazy.

Firstly my level 23 side periodically made huge leaps in reputation. Then when the next season got underway I noticed a pattern that all clubs that got promoted AND relegated got boosts of 200, so the clubs that stayed in the division might have a rep of 70, and the 4 that joined had 250. It's all a bit of a mess, presumably because SI haven't coded the game how to work at this level. What I was doing was using FMRTE in-game editor to knock my rep back down so that it stayed at the average level of the division I was in.

It is my intention to get stuck right into Dan's FM17 file and take one club as far as I can in a year. Apart from the rep anomaly, in general it's easy to bomb through the amateur leagues because the amateur teams are all much of a muchness. When you hit semi-pro level you find some rivals are monied and hard to compete against. I don't know how far I'll get but I'm damn well going to try to get as far as I can!

1 hour ago, jwchriste said:

Money is not much of an issue with this database at these levels.  The teams are almost exclusively amateur so there's no player or staff wages to worry about.  Retaining players is what's nigh impossible.

Of course that works both ways. I always get a severe attack of schadenfreude in the winter transfer window when I see all the best players of my rivals getting pinched by higher clubs, leaving the coast clear for me to make a storming close-season run!

9 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

It is my intention to get stuck right into Dan's FM17 file and take one club as far as I can in a year. Apart from the rep anomaly, in general it's easy to bomb through the amateur leagues because the amateur teams are all much of a muchness. When you hit semi-pro level you find some rivals are monied and hard to compete against. I don't know how far I'll get but I'm damn well going to try to get as far as I can!

I've tried to do this the past two years.  2015 I bought the game late in the cycle and ran out of steam by the time 2016 came out.  2016 I made it from L23 up to L11 or L10 (can't remember exactly) and was then hit with the stadium seating bug that reduced my stadium to a 250 all-seater.  I had also purposely disabled the in-game editor.  Completely took the wind out of my sails.  Supposedly SI was fixing that for this year's version.  Fingers crossed!

Dan, do you need any info on the Yorkshire leagues? I'm happy to go through Non League matters website and compile the info if you haven't got it?

*Edit* Also I hope you'll bring out a halfway file again, down to level 10-12 say, for those of us that don't want to go all the way down to 22 please?

Archived