FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

I'm using a fairly regular 4-3-3 for most games. No custom individual instructions. Only a few tougher games I will use defend or counter strategy.

uiC6tRP.jpg

I find team talks, keeping morale up and selecting the best & fittest players is probably more influential than specific tactics.

(Yes, Xabi is back :) )

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm using a fairly regular 4-3-3 for most games. No custom individual instructions. Only a few tougher games I will use defend or counter strategy.

uiC6tRP.jpg

I find team talks, keeping morale up and selecting the best & fittest players is probably more influential than specific tactics.

Great looking squad. I play the same way, but I keep the FBs set to FB (S) for the RB and FB (A) for the left.

Anyone got any good advice on a away tactic and for bigger teams?

My attacking tactic is sorted, I just want something secure for the big matches...

I'd normally set up a control tactic and play narrow if I want to frustrate teams

Hi guys,

Never played as Liverpool on FM before and thinking of giving it a try. Planning on using two 433 and 4231 tactics to try and make best use of the current players. Reading through the thread I've seen Lallana and Lovren can be sold for some handy money so contemplating that! Want to try and develop youth by both buying in and developing what the club already has. Who do you guys think are the best prospects to get in/are already at the club? Also, I've never really used tutoring that much before but am seeing it makes a huge difference. Any good combos of tutors and players for them to mentor?

Finally, any must buy players who can make an immediate impact? Dont want to get sacked by Jan because i spent all my money of youth haha.

Mauro Icardi is literally insane. I just bought him start of second season, he's played 6 games and scored 15 goals.

If you play 2 strikers, get Vietto to partner him.

You will be god like.

I could not get Icardi on my save, not unless i hand over $200mil.

Vietto

Odegaard

Coutinho

Kovacic

Goretzka

Maia

Moreno

Sule

Rugani

Clyne

Mignolet

My main first team i guess.

Have such good backup, I can't keep them happy.

Henderson, Ibe, Gomez, Reidwald, Tielemans, Sakho, Brandt, Chambers, Bazoer, Perin, Asensio, Barbosa, Embolo, Sturridge, Jesus, Bonazzoli.

I could field a second team and win the League.

started season 2. just through to the start of Sept

Lost the CS to Chelsea 5-2 after being 2-0 up. played 3 PL games and won 2 and lost 1 (loss was away to city 2-1)

CL group is Athletico, PSG, Copenhagen. tough group

squad is

GK: Rulli, Horn

RB: Clyne, Chambers

LB: Moreno, Grimaldo

CB: Sahko, Gimenez, Balanta, Gomez

DM: Neves, Maia, Chirivella

CM: Hendo, Can, KOvacic, Alli, Ajer

AMR: Embolo, Zvikovic, Ibe

AML: Coutinho, Firmino, Wilson

ST: Sturridge, Barbosa, Origi

uiC6tRP.jpg

What team instructions do you use?

He uses Tighter Marking, Be more Expressive, Much lower Tempo and Close down much more.

It is written in his screen shot, look to the right of Instructions button, above Sturridge, slightly to the left.

oops, I should learn to read properly - thanks for that :)

I got him for £50M

He's at 28 goals at this point, just reached december, and he doesn't play CL/Cup games.

Thanks. Inter finished sixth in season 1 but they don't seem interested in taking Bentenke as part of the deal. I'm trying to raise a bit of extra cash for the buy as I've got Rulli coming in on a free and Horn already, but I can't really get a good offer for Mingolet despite leading the league in clean sheets in season one. Maybe declaring interest will unsettle Icardi and bring the fee down a bit.

Great looking squad. I play the same way, but I keep the FBs set to FB (S) for the RB and FB (A) for the left.

Seeing how Clyne and Moreno are getting rated, I think the wing back instruction fits them. Only Coutinho gets more assists than either.

abxsCPS.jpg

MB2pBpq.jpg

Would need to do an extended run using FB instructions instead to compare.

On another note, here's a youngster from Ipswich Town you shouldn't overlook. Developing wonderfully so far (will show later).

j5wUN3w.jpg

Oh, and this :)

nCMSSlT.jpg

I have Dozzel, looks quite good.

Adekanye looks like hes coming on nicely though, as is Rossiter.

I signed Klose, Yarmolenko and Rulli on frees!!!! Klose scores on his debut too, and hes Luka Jovic's tutor!

I sold Luan for 18million 12 million profit... injured too much for my liking.

Anybody got any advice for first season? Have been absolute rank rotten and am close to the sack. Teams like Norwich, Watford & Swansea completely dominating me running amok - Never started a season so badly!

EDIT: Even Coutinho has been terrible as an inside forward on the left, usually able to suss things out eventually but am stumped as to how bad we're playing. Best player has been Callieri with 5 in 10, not one other player has done well.

Finally managed to start a longterm save with LFC, after a couple of test saves. Playing a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1) formation, which i think suits the current squad well. Managing as LFC Legend Luis Garcia. Used the editor before starting the game, removing the injured to Flanagan, Sturridge and Henderson. Flanagan and Sturridge got new injuries early on, Sturridge with a broken tow.

Transfers:

2zyfzv6.png

Really happy with the first season. Was top of the table almost the hole season, with a clear distance to the team chasing. Also won Capitol One Cup, playing with my b-team. Only met my biggest rivals in the tournament (Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Arsenal), but was lucky to get them to Anfield before beating Spurs in the final. Were knocked out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, away at Arsenal!

2h4002b.png

Also won the Europa League, after beating Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1 in the final, with the most unlikely goalscorers in Moreno and Clyne!

I may sell Luan for about 30m.

I have Coutinho, Firmino, Ibe, Embolo, Wilson, Zivkovic and maybe Kent for the wings. So a 25m profit is nice after 1 season.

hold out for more, I bought him at the start of the game for 4m, Schalke made a 50m bid at the end of season 1 - he wanted to go, so for 50m I waved him out of the door!

Eastley you have to remember that you are using Dollars, which isnt what most of the people on here are using. I use GBP and 45 million pounds is 70 million US Dollars for example.

No, I use pounds.

I use the $$$ sign as that is what is on the keyboard and I don't have a numpad to do the ALT codes for pound..

So if I ever post with $$$ sign, I mean pound.

No, I use pounds.

I use the $$$ sign as that is what is on the keyboard and I don't have a numpad to do the ALT codes for pound..

So if I ever post with $$$ sign, I mean pound.

AHHH right on... darn Aussie keyboards eh?!

just reached the end of the summer window in season 2... saw me bring in three big signings..

Rugani for 30million 15 of which upfront, he was great for me on loan last year so had to bring him back.

Goncalo Guedes, looks to have some unbelievable talent got him for 19 million iirc

and last but definitley NOT LEAST... Xabi Alonso for 5 million.

also signed a few prospects training them to fit my tactics. Still cant offload Benteke lol.

literally all you need is a fairly conservative approach.. i.e counter style simple tactic with very little or no TI's

and wingbacks set to overlap.. or attacking fullbacks set to overlap...

I you look back at highest averages in the league, I would put money on a fairly large amount of them being fullbacks.

literally all you need is a fairly conservative approach.. i.e counter style simple tactic with very little or no TI's

I you look back at highest averages in the league, I would put money on a fairly large amount of them being fullbacks.

OK i will have a look at that cheers!

What are you guys starting off as manager reputation wise?

Iva always started off as ex professional footballer regional level with continental C license and im finding it extremely difficult this year to command the respect of the squad.

I like to start off with not top badges so I can do them year by year and progress in game but its becoming extremely hard this year to be at a top club without the relevant coaching badges.

Im assuming all these people with huge successes in the first year are ex international footballer with continental pro licenses? Therefore making it a piece of cake to demand the respect and get tactics working straight away?

What are you guys starting off as manager reputation wise?

Iva always started off as ex professional footballer regional level with continental C license and im finding it extremely difficult this year to command the respect of the squad.

I like to start off with not top badges so I can do them year by year and progress in game but its becoming extremely hard this year to be at a top club without the relevant coaching badges.

Im assuming all these people with huge successes in the first year are ex international footballer with continental pro licenses? Therefore making it a piece of cake to demand the respect and get tactics working straight away?

Started as the lowest possible with stats like 1-2 in personal attributes. Fifth season and players still get the 'felt manager lacked credibility' when I talk to them :lol:

In this fifth season though the team finally plays some fantastic football. 29 games gone - 81 scored, 24 conceded.

Doesn't seem to be true for my game at the moment. I only count 4 full backs in the top twenty ratings (Bellerin, Moreno, Shaw and Clyne) with two games left to go. Also, mine don't play with overlap and are still doing really well.

IRL you need a Pro licence to manage a top flight club permanently, so I think it'd be unrealistic for me not to have it and manage Liverpool.

zCCUWLw.jpg

Don't know how this is happening... especially in light of the recent news IRL. He's been out for only 6 days so far this season.

How have you not been sacked?! and how are you attracting any players lol?

I guess you mean me?

Lol.. dunno i have just been lucky i guess... Gabriel Barbosa and Sturridge have been lethal for me. i think its down to the tactics i use.. klopp style and a couple i made.

Match Sharpness is massive to success.

How have you not been sacked?! and how are you attracting any players lol?

Are you asking me? :) Well I managed to win the league in the first season with 78 points thanks to rich clubs failing miserably (top 4 was LFC, Spurs, Everton, Arsenal) and I've been hanging around 60% board confidence ever since :)

haha that's what you get for not quoting Welshace :)

So currently at 1st January (first season). I'm sitting top of the league on 50 points with Man City 6 behind me. I'm still in the Europa League (1st ko round) out of the Capital One Cup (Burnley, 4th round) and waiting to play 1st FA Cup game.

My stand out performers are Sturridge with 9 in 11, Clyne & Moreno both absolute beasts as Wing Backs, Hendo although hes now out for 4 months, worth noting Origi and also Benteke scoring goals.

I'm currently on a 13 game win streak, although seem to be scraping the wins at the minute! I don't start with the Transfer Window open so this is my first window, I'm looking at Bernardo Silva as my no1 target, hes killing the league for Monaco and just been voted European Boy.

Looking for improvements in GK, CM/DM, Winger/IF and probably a striker.

Looking at probably trying to sell Milner, Enrique, Toure and Lallana when fit.

Hopefully will win the league in my first season! Will update end of season!

After a very successful 1st season I'm ready for the next one! After some heavy changes in the summer transfer window. Feel i have a good depth in my squad now, so import an to rotate more to keep them all happy!

Transfers:

2rmqzhv.png

Current Squad:

Geronimo Rulli

Predrag Rajkovic

Jon Flanagan

Emre Can

John Stones

Joe Gomez

Mamadou Sakho

Daniele Rugani

Nathaniel Clyne

Alberto Moreno

Lazar Markovic

Jordon Ibe

Jordan Henderson

Ruben Neves

Leon Goretzka

Kristoffer Ajer

Joe Allen

Philippe Coutinho

Roberto Firmino

Sheyi Ojo

Divock Origi

Daniel Sturridge

Mauro Icardi

End of season in 2019, weird season.

Second place in EPL was Arsenal, on only 70 points.

Swansea missed out of ECC qualification by goal difference.

Man United Finished 9th, Tottenham 8th and Everton 7th. So they all missed out on ECC and only Everton making the Euro League.

anyone managed to get Pogba? Joe Allen is a about to leave as he spat the dummy about playing time and demanded to leave, also Hendo may be about to follow him as I rejected a bid from Bayern for him and he got all pissy about it. So if they go I'll have no cover at all in that position, Allen is currently in talks with Southampton over a

20m move, but nobody has met my asking price for Hendo yet...

I can get Pogba but they want 130m for him. I have it in the budget even before the Allen and Hendo sales, but it would wipe out all my budget and finances.

I'm having a hard time trying to justify that price for a player, but then I think, if you want the best you have to pay in todays modern football..

Any thoughts?

Archived