FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much are people getting for Benteke after the 1st season? I tried to sell him and I got a 33.5 million pound offer from Man City (they're buying all my players btw....30 million for Ings and 25 million for Mario Fernandes too), but I think I should get more. Also, any luck selling Mignolet? He was unhappy that I am forcing him out and desperately wants to prove himself. Maybe that's why no one is willing to bid for him??

Weird trick..

First season, first transfer Window, I run out of Transfer Budget every time.

I then make a bid of around $15mil for Chambers, it is accepted and I negotiate his contract.

This does not go through, I keep delaying the transfer. After 3 or so times, it get's cancelled.

I then go and make another transfer for him, the option to interact with board for the transfer is there, so I use it.

Tell them signing Chambers will be within line of our philosophies. They accept.

The board then Sign Chambers and do his contract for you.

Woohoo!!

Pre-season of second season and I have depleted Everton by buying Stones & Lukaku for a combined £127m. I had a heft budget after selling Can for £63m to PSG and Lallana to Arsenal for £40m. Barkley also left Everton for Man Utd for £31m so Everton have a hell of a budget to try and replenish there first team.

Pre-season of second season and I have depleted Everton by buying Stones & Lukaku for a combined £127m. I had a heft budget after selling Can for £63m to PSG and Lallana to Arsenal for £40m. Barkley also left Everton for Man Utd for £31m so Everton have a hell of a budget to try and replenish there first team.

Let us know who they sign, will be interesting.

My bet is only a few squad players, and they get relegated.

Haven't been playing much as Liverpool lately because I have been doing a YDWAWK game with Viitorul Constanța, but during the time I have been playing, I have been doing.. relatively well. :)

c00322e89a39b41ec81205b71c9ba9ec.png

Benteke and funnily enough Joe Allen have been my best players so far, whilst Rajkovic has only conceded 1 goal in 7 and is developing wonderfully.

A bit out of my price range sadly, have had a bid of £8.5m rising to £13.5 accepted for Marc Oliver Kempf, 4.5 star potential according to my scouts.

I signed Kempf in January of first season for £19m hasn't quite developed as much as I would have liked tbf. Will persevere and try to get him improving.

I signed Kempf in January of first season for £19m hasn't quite developed as much as I would have liked tbf. Will persevere and try to get him improving.

My plan is for him to be back up to Sakho to begin with, alongside Gomez who will be Skrtel's backup. Apart from when playing considerably weaker teams where Can will play as a ball playing defender.

Looking also to try and get an interchangeable front 3 going in the ST, AMC (ap s) and AML (if a) positions.

Benteke and funnily enough Joe Allen have been my best players so far, whilst Rajkovic has only conceded 1 goal in 7 and is developing wonderfully.

I was thinking about making Rajkovic my first choice in the second year once he gets his work permit, looks a top, top prospect.

I feel like the squad is due a major overhaul in the summer.

I have a list of the players I'm intending to sell and it's pretty long;

Coutinho (seems to be stagnating in terms of developing and not really doing well at all. Also not very versatile as he can't play on the right side of midfield at all, which is important because I have my tactic set so the two wingers swap positions during the game; replace with Markovic who is doing extremely well out on loan)

Ings (Not good enough, keeps whining about first team football; replace with Jerome Sinclair who is developing tremendously)

Balotelli (Been poor for AC Milan)

Skrtel (Getting on quite a bit and still high wages, can still cash in quite a bit for him; replace with Rugani or Andre Wisdom)

Milner (Can bugger off with his £140k a week; replace with Rossiter who is developing into a star already)

Mignolet (Not good enough for a Champions League side; replace with Muslera)

Could potentially make a profit of around £125 million if I can negotiate correctly. Although I might stick with Mignolet for a couple of more seasons because Rajkovic is still in early stages of development but Muslera could be a cheapish but much superior purchase.

I was thinking about making Rajkovic my first choice in the second year once he gets his work permit, looks a top, top prospect.

I feel like I've hit the jackpot by having his work permit accepted on appeal because literally everyone else I know has failed with it.

That being said, he's superb. Full Serbian international as well now, so he is only going to develop even more.

Coutinho (seems to be stagnating in terms of developing and not really doing well at all. Also not very versatile as he can't play on the right side of midfield at all, which is important because I have my tactic set so the two wingers swap positions during the game; replace with Markovic who is doing extremely well out on loan)

What's your tactic look like? I can't imagine not being able to find a place for him. I started my 1st season playing him as a cm as an ap-s and he was killing it. I then changed my 4-3-3 to a 4-1-4-1 and played him as a wide playmaker and he was even better. He finished the season with 15 assists in 30 league appearances and won Footballer of the Year with a 7.80 average rating. He really is spectacular.

What's your tactic look like? I can't imagine not being able to find a place for him. I started my 1st season playing him as a cm as an ap-s and he was killing it. I then changed my 4-3-3 to a 4-1-4-1 and played him as a wide playmaker and he was even better. He finished the season with 15 assists in 30 league appearances and won Footballer of the Year with a 7.80 average rating. He really is spectacular.

I play him as CM AP (attack) alternating with firminho, they both do really well there for me. I cant remember the exact stats but coutinho had 12 goals and 23 ish assists from there, firminho was a bit less but still pretty good considering I rotated the 2 of them...

Haven't been playing much as Liverpool lately because I have been doing a YDWAWK game with Viitorul Constanța, but during the time I have been playing, I have been doing.. relatively well. :)

c00322e89a39b41ec81205b71c9ba9ec.png

how are you keeping the clean sheets? im having a torrid time, im conceding at over 2 per game. could you post your tactic and explain how you play during the match. i had great success using one you posted a few editions ago

Decided to start all over again and have used a couple of days (!) to get my 4-3-3 formation working. Working well in attack, but not quite satisfaction in defense yet. So far so good in the league. Top of the table after 7 gamed, all wins! Benteke actually performing really well as a F9, with Firmino and Coutinho supporting him. Did som interesting transfers in the summer window as well.

In:

Daniele Rugani (Juventus) - £30m

Timo Horn (1. FC Köln) - £6.5m

Leon Goretzka (Schalke 04) - £23m

Out:

Dejan Lovren (PSG) - £19m

Jose Enrique (Crystal Palace) - £2.9m

Adam Bogdan (Fiorentina) - Loan

Divock Origi (Bayer Leverkusen) - Loan

Adam Lallana (Arsenal) - £40m

Decided to start all over again and have used a couple of days (!) to get my 4-3-3 formation working. Working well in attack, but not quite satisfaction in defense yet. So far so good in the league. Top of the table after 7 gamed, all wins! Benteke actually performing really well as a F9, with Firmino and Coutinho supporting him. Did som interesting transfers in the summer window as well.

In:

Daniele Rugani (Juventus) - £30m

Timo Horn (1. FC Köln) - £6.5m

Leon Goretzka (Schalke 04) - £23m

Out:

Dejan Lovren (PSG) - £19m

Jose Enrique (Crystal Palace) - £2.9m

Adam Bogdan (Fiorentina) - Loan

Divock Origi (Bayer Leverkusen) - Loan

Adam Lallana (Arsenal) - £40m

did you have to do much to convince Goretzka to sign? was this done on the last day of the window?

Could you show me your actual line-up, best-11 I mean?

I'm having some trouble figuring out where I want to put Coutinho myself - Part of me wants him on the left as an IF(s), but my heart tells me he should be central AP(a) rather..

did you have to do much to convince Goretzka to sign? was this done on the last day of the window?

It was made on the last day of the window. I sent my scouts to make a report on him, and i was told that i would get him on a fee between £14-27m. I tried to sign him on other saves, but then Schalke wanter a huge load of money for him.

Could you show me your actual line-up, best-11 I mean?

I'm having some trouble figuring out where I want to put Coutinho myself - Part of me wants him on the left as an IF(s), but my heart tells me he should be central AP(a) rather..

Don't know how to take screen shot of just the tactic, but my best-11 is:

Horn

Clyne

Rugani

Sakho

Moreno

Can

Henderson

Goretzka

Firmino

Coutinho

Sturridge

Coutinho is IF/s

With the 4-2-3-1 i often found the 3 AM players were just no help defensively and even with high pressing didnt really do anything in this FM version.

So i have switched to 4-1-2-3 and it feels far far more solid defensively with the DM and 2 CMs helping.

It also feels better attacking too now i have both fullbacks set to WB support to provide width, may even add cross often to them. Also having the 2 CMs (BBM and APs) providing runs from deep has helped a lot to out attacking and passing play i have found.

I finished my first season and how they offered me a new contract is beyond me.

Knocked out of the first round of the FA Cup against Stoke and finished 7th in the league

here are my results

JUEGoP7.jpg

VAAnQzC.jpg

8cRWaeN.jpg

and i added Andriy Yarmolenko to my team since my last update

lcNXy04.jpg

Final table

ooXgxhv.jpg

I'm pretty sure I am using Coutinho wrong as a left inside forward/support.. 5 goals and 5 assists in 17 games a 7.32 record. :/

how are you keeping the clean sheets? im having a torrid time, im conceding at over 2 per game. could you post your tactic and explain how you play during the match. i had great success using one you posted a few editions ago

Well, this is going to take a while to explain so bear with me haha.

First off, I have three tactics made for three different situations.

1 (Instructions) are for games where I'm a favourite but playing against a decent team at home, or favourite and playing against a far worse team away. I have my two wingers swap positions during the game and I have all the wide players cross for the centre.

2 (Instructions) are for games where I'm favourites to lose and are against the best of the best. However, most importantly; this is the tactic that I also use on the 70th minute if I feel the match is won. This is what gets me clean sheets in the matches like the -0 away win against Chelsea and the 3-1 away win against Man United (starting on 1). I have my defensive forward, who, most of the time is Benteke man marking the most defensive midfielder in their opposing team (or the central DM if it's in the formation). All of my players have the "pass it shorter" instruction also.

Finally, 3 (Instructions) is what I like to call the "nutcase" tactic. This is basically for situations where I either want goals and don't care about the result, or against a far inferior team. This has only really been used in the Europa League and Capital One Cup so far, and the results from using it, home and away are following (scorelines only); 4-0 (A), 7-1 (H), 3-0 (H), 6-2 (A), 4-0 (H), 3-0 (H). So despite it being a very attacking tactic, it still has been keeping clean sheets because I have the DM holding position and covering the BPD's ass when they get too further forward and aren't fast enough to get back (hence Henderson's retraining as a DM - he's pretty quick). I have the two wing backs man marking the opposite wingers, or if the opponents aren't playing wingers, they are set to mark tighter and get stuck in. The attacking three in this formation tend to almost always be the three fastest; Sturridge, Origi and Ibe and they absolutely run riot. I want to experiment with Raumdeuters and a false 9/DLF where the two wide players are the main focal point in the scoring aspects whilst the striker is the one picking up the ball and spraying it to them. This is because I want to replicate the success I had in FM14 where I had two defensive attacking wingers and two false 9s and they basically made my team unstoppable (I need to find that tactic, I'd love to attempt to replicate it).

But anyway... phew, there we go lol. That's my tactical set up. Complicated and calculated, pretty much how I always have been. :lol:

Edit: I'm sorry, but I have to do this;

This is the stats for the team in our 3-0 win against Everton (just happened) using a rotated squad. Started off with the offensive tactic, contained after the 65th minute mark.

4657c57961f87a29796ce913550b0f59.png

And the match stats confirm our complete dominance over them.

How are Coutinho and Firmino doing for you lads?

Slow start for me but recently i made a change playing Coutinho IF (s) and Firmino AP (a) but now they swap positions during the game. Coutinho has 10 goals and 10 assists in 22 games and Firmino 8 goals and 6 assists in 20 games.

I'm pretty sure I am using Coutinho wrong as a left inside forward/support.. 5 goals and 5 assists in 17 games a 7.32 record. :/

Well, this is going to take a while to explain so bear with me haha.

First off, I have three tactics made for three different situations.

1 (Instructions) are for games where I'm a favourite but playing against a decent team at home, or favourite and playing against a far worse team away. I have my two wingers swap positions during the game and I have all the wide players cross for the centre.

2 (Instructions) are for games where I'm favourites to lose and are against the best of the best. However, most importantly; this is the tactic that I also use on the 70th minute if I feel the match is won. This is what gets me clean sheets in the matches like the -0 away win against Chelsea and the 3-1 away win against Man United (starting on 1). I have my defensive forward, who, most of the time is Benteke man marking the most defensive midfielder in their opposing team (or the central DM if it's in the formation). All of my players have the "pass it shorter" instruction also.

Finally, 3 (Instructions) is what I like to call the "nutcase" tactic. This is basically for situations where I either want goals and don't care about the result, or against a far inferior team. This has only really been used in the Europa League and Capital One Cup so far, and the results from using it, home and away are following (scorelines only); 4-0 (A), 7-1 (H), 3-0 (H), 6-2 (A), 4-0 (H), 3-0 (H). So despite it being a very attacking tactic, it still has been keeping clean sheets because I have the DM holding position and covering the BPD's ass when they get too further forward and aren't fast enough to get back (hence Henderson's retraining as a DM - he's pretty quick). I have the two wing backs man marking the opposite wingers, or if the opponents aren't playing wingers, they are set to mark tighter and get stuck in. The attacking three in this formation tend to almost always be the three fastest; Sturridge, Origi and Ibe and they absolutely run riot. I want to experiment with Raumdeuters and a false 9/DLF where the two wide players are the main focal point in the scoring aspects whilst the striker is the one picking up the ball and spraying it to them. This is because I want to replicate the success I had in FM14 where I had two defensive attacking wingers and two false 9s and they basically made my team unstoppable (I need to find that tactic, I'd love to attempt to replicate it).

But anyway... phew, there we go lol. That's my tactical set up. Complicated and calculated, pretty much how I always have been. :lol:

Edit: I'm sorry, but I have to do this;

This is the stats for the team in our 3-0 win against Everton (just happened) using a rotated squad. Started off with the offensive tactic, contained after the 65th minute mark.

4657c57961f87a29796ce913550b0f59.png

And the match stats confirm our complete dominance over them.

Coutinho has the same stats as me as well as IF (S). But he has to play there. My tactic is working so well, don't wanna change anything. And I'm unsure if he will suit as a CM (A)

I took over LFC in season 2 and used the 4-1-2-3 Wide as many others here. I found it very difficult to get consistent performances from both Coutinho and Sturridge.

I used Coutinho as a IF(a), but with tweaked PIs to have him stay closer to the striker. Played with Firmino on the right side, tweaked to be more of a raumdeuter. He banged in the goals all season long, but Coutinho never really got going. To many 6.6 performances from him.

The one thing that stood out was that I could face Chelsea(h), City(a), Norwich(h) and Tottenham(a) in January for instance. I would beat all except Norwich, who won 2-0 in a match where I created nothing and they score both goals from set pieces. I also had a match away to Lyon where I used my normal tactic and lost 5-0. This was in the middle of a very good period. I started watching the games in full, at least the first half, and saw that it helped to adjust the defensive line. Playing against teams I should beat easily at home, it was clear that the high pressing/high tempo stuff was not working, so I adjusted accordingly and won comfortably. Never found a good explanation as to why I got hammered by Lyon tho.

How are Coutinho and Firmino doing for you lads?

Slow start for me but recently i made a change playing Coutinho IF (s) and Firmino AP (a) but now they swap positions during the game. Coutinho has 10 goals and 10 assists in 22 games and Firmino 8 goals and 6 assists in 20 games.

They're brilliant. After switching tactics early in the season, Coutinho won player of the year as a left mid playing as a wide playmaker (still switching between support and attack) in a 4-1-4-1. Firmino (or Sturridge when healthy) was my 2nd best player as a cm-a. Once retrained to a cm, Firmino is a perfect cm-a as he has the pace, anticipation, work rate, finishing and off the ball movement to surge into the box and finish his chances. I instruct him to dribble more, move into channels and more risky passes and he hasn't disappointed. In the 1st season he had 16 goals and 15 assists in 30 starts (12 sub appearances). Coutinho had 7 goals and 20 assists in 38 starts (8 sub appearances).

They're brilliant. After switching tactics early in the season, Coutinho won player of the year as a left mid playing as a wide playmaker (still switching between support and attack) in a 4-1-4-1. Firmino (or Sturridge when healthy) was my 2nd best player as a cm-a. Once retrained to a cm, Firmino is a perfect cm-a as he has the pace, anticipation, work rate, finishing and off the ball movement to surge into the box and finish his chances. I instruct him to dribble more, move into channels and more risky passes and he hasn't disappointed. In the 1st season he had 16 goals and 15 assists in 30 starts (12 sub appearances). Coutinho had 7 goals and 20 assists in 38 starts (8 sub appearances).

Both them on fire for me, thanks to them i closed the gap to Chelsea at the top, Just had a 28M bid for Gundogan accepted :)

Finished the second season in the second place behind City despite beating them in the league 6-2 and 3-0.

Really struggling with transfers now, every single player so far chose another club if there were multiple bids.

Sold Moreno for 37m to Atletico but Rodriguez (chose City over me) and Gaya (too expensive) are out of reach.

Benteke is hopefully being sold back to Aston Villa for 34m.

Gotze, Insigne, Bender, Lucas and Firmino all need to be sold (unhappy with playing time except Lucas, who wants a new challenge).

AI is frustrating, I set asking price to 6m and they keep spamming me with 3m offers.

2 Major injures to Embolo, and my trainers say he will no longer ever meet his potential..

Sad..

How good is he supposed to get? I just signed him for 13m 2nd season, I only bought him as the big boys were coming in for him....now I have to work out where to fit him into my team..

Ballotelli to city for 34m - I hoping I don't regret this deal and he comes back to haunt me....

Archived