FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2b39b74d214f746ccecdcb7b70b476f0.png

Reached January first season in my Liverpool save. We are the best team in the league by a long shot and we are nothing but amazing really.

ac5060bd9bc8cd2e60c7388ad86aa4f2.png

These are our results. Currently haven't conceded in 8 games with Rajkovic and Mignolet playing a fair of the games. We could be better offensively with a lot of 1-0 games but I would rather win 1-0 than draw 0-0.

Benteke has 15 goals in 9 games at the moment and is really fighting for this starting striker spot.

edit: 3e2c08e353b77f55813c725465e167bf.png

See the odd one out in there? So do I. He's a great player and all, but he hasn't been world beating for us by any means.

Origi got the Golden Boy award also, making me rethink playing him as back up to Coutinho.

Realism just came to FM lost Ings for 8 months

Same here.

He was just entering the last year of his contract and I was planning to sell him.

Won't be able to find a buyer until he's fit and by then he can be approached for free buy foreign clubs.

I did, only for the last couple of months of the league as he got a 8 month injury very early on, and want him to get some regular football before the second season.

He's been good cover for me in the AMR and AML roles. He's been good from the AML especially, playing as an IF (S). For some reason I just can't get Firmino going from that spot.

Currently in pre-season for the second season. Started my game at the end of beta. This is the team, playing a 433 with high wings:

• GK: Jefferson, Rulli
  • DL: Moreno, Cresswell
  • DCL: Sakho, Paulista
  • DCR: Skrtel, Gomez
  • DR: Clyne, Rafinha
  • MCL: Coutinho, Firmino
  • MC: Cabaye, Maia
  • MCR: Henderson, Milner
  • AML: Sanchez (!), Mertens
  • AMR: Barbosa, Ibe
  • SC: Sturridge, Morata
  • Injury backups: Marco Amelia (GK), Wisdom (DC), Flanagan (DR/DL), Leiva (MC), Andrija Zivkovic (AMR/L), Berahino (SC)
  • Tutors: Palombo (def/mid), Kuyt (wings), Klose (strikers)
  • Notable players on loan: Ajer, Fossum

Clearly a big squad, but we will play CL this season and my philosophy has always been to play fully rested squads, meaning I rotate a lot. It seems a must as well based on the first season, where we ended up playing a game every other day for 3 weeks at the tail end!

In the first season we won the Premier League (hence CL qualification), Capital One cup and the EURO Cup (we lost the FA quarter final to Man Utd), so reputation was high enough to make some nice transfers. Arsenal ended 5th (no CL), which is how Sanchez ended up being interested. I could have gone for Pogba right before the CL final, but it would have taken my entire budget at that time so I declined. Juve won the CL, and he signed a new contract with them. Top target for next season (if we do well).

Tactics, wise, I have zero interest in micro-managing tactics beyond formation and role, so most games were played with Control/Fluid (no other instructions), switching to Standard/Flexible for tough away games. I also use a skin with the 'simulate game' option from Classic FM. I do allow myself 2-3 replays over the season for the sporadic unexplainable result (if the 2nd attempt goes against me again, I'll keep it) - none were needed in any of the cups (incl. EURO with a final against Schalke 04), and we won the league 7 points clear of Man Utd.

My tactic (433 control/fluid) results in a very 'collective' style, always trying to move forward quickly 'en block' and with fast, relatively direct passing that gets spread out to the wings if the center is crowded (the DR/DL are wing backs, and usually the right flank was Barbosa as IF where Clyne has 'attack' instructions). Lots of goals get scored from crosses that get smashed in at the far corner. The team defends together, so we concede very little. We don't do pressing apart from the MC/BWM-D, which helps us keep shape despite the 'fluid' setting (which seems affect the movement 'en block' more than it does actual positions). This also results in tons of defensive interceptions.

Comments on the team:

• GK: Sakho is a great defender, but not the smartest, so he needs a GK who excels in communication. With Mignolet, he was always making great reflex saves (and the occasional blunder - very life-like) on opportunities that should not have happened if communication was better. I brought in Jefferson thinking to have him as backup, but once it became clear he could do line-stopping as well as Mignolet (if not better), he became the nr 1. I would have kept Mignolet as 2nd choice, but young supertalent Geronimo Rulli (Argentina nr 1 GK in my game) was wiling to sign for free.
  • Defence: Not much to comment. Paulista was transfer listed at Xmas and stat-wise probably top 10 in the game. Gomez is a true wonderkid in my game, already 3 England caps at age 19. Jose Enrique did very well in rotation but I wanted an upgrade, and Flanagan is very average (fortunately I had Barca's Douglas on loan who did remarkably well). So this season I've brought in Cresswell (excellent stats and offers something different to Moreno) and Rafinha who was listed by Bayern. Wisdom looks good so he can cover for injuries, along with Flanagan who at least is versatile and club HG.
  • Midfield: I play Coutinho as MCL (AP-A), last season combined with a central BMW-D (Leiva) and my captain Henderson as B2B (great since his return). However I anticipate that in this season teams will sit back more against me, so I'll need to play a shorter possession game from time to time, necessitating a DLP. In comes Yohan Cabaye, a perennial FM favourite of mine and stat-wise the only DLP I'd want in the absence of Pogba. I had Emre Can in mind as Coutinho's stand-in, but I always had my doubts (he lacks pace and intelligence) and PSG triggered a 63M (!) release. So Firmino is now being trained as his stand-in (MCL), as Alexis Sanchez and Mertens mean he won't get much AML time anymore. I had not anticipated this, but Maia is a wonderkid with stats flying up and with some great tutoring (Palombo) he has gone to 16 det (up from 10) and 'professional'. So he can stand-in for Cabaye. Milner is expensive wage-wise but has been very good, so he can rotate with Henderson. Ajer looks fantastic too (new Gerrard), but I'll send him on loan as he's only 18 and won't get enough game time. Leiva is my injury cover - would have preferred Allen but he probably needs to go as he's unhappy ('promised game time' ongoing) and in final year of contract.
  • Wingers: Barbosa as AMR/IF-A was great already last season (26 goals in 36(4)), and with Klose's tutoring he's now a professional with 20 (!) determination (up from 15). Should become 100% world class. On the left, Alexis Sanchez needs no explanation (and means both my 1st choice wings have 20 determination). Next is Jordan Ibe who was a superstar in his first season, scoring 18 and assisting 11 in 29(7), and getting the opening goal that won England the European Championship. He was my 1st choice as a Winger-S on the left (against his foot but the results were excellent), but obviously gets displaced by Sanchez. Dries Mertens who was listed at Napoli will be a perfect second choice IF (left) or Winger (right), depending on how I want to play Ibe. The excellent Andrija Zivkovic (a steal at 1.2M) will be the injury cover, though it was disappointing to see him drop some acceleration (14 to 13) after breaking his foot in his debut game (where he scored!).
  • Strikers: Sturridge picks up an injury if you even look at him (he had 5 since return, including a 6-weeker), but when he plays he is magnificent - seems to score at will (23 in 25(6) and he started slow out of his initial injury). Barbosa is a world-class stand-in, but I prefer to keep him at AMR, so I wanted to bring in a top-class striker (and Benteke decidedly wasn't - really poor finishing). I'll never understand why Juve only played Morata 7 times (5 as sub) last season, but he looks the business (scored 7 in his first two friendlies!). Berahino was a steal at 12M after West Brom relegated, so he's the injury cover (which I expect to need - Sturridge & all) and a significant upgrade over Ings (or Origi).

From all of this you can also reconstruct the main transfer activity (all in Eur):

• First Season
  • IN: Just like everyone I sold Lovren (Monaco offered 20M out of the blue), and Lallana to Arsenal for 55M on last day of the window
  • OUT: In came a mix of experience and youngsters (most I read about on here), specifically Ajer (1.6M and looks like he will be world class), Fossum (3M - still have but sent on loan, not that impressed yet), Jefferson (2.9M - super safe hands), Maia (8M but worth every penny), Barbosa (14M, idem), Douglas (loan in from Barca), and after Xmas Palombo (4.5M and worth it as tutor), Klose (6M and idem - he got Barbosa to 20 det), Paulista (7M transfer listed at Arsenal) and Andrija Zivkovic (1.2M)

• Second Season
  • IN: The big one was Alexis Sanches at 85M straight but I seem to remember clauses up to 100M, Morata cost 38M (cheap!), Cabaye 29M (expensive! took 2 months too, first they would not go below 40M), Cresswell for 17M, Berahino for 12M (bargain), Mertens for 10M (idem), Rafinha for 5M (idem), Amelia (third GK) for 70K :), Rulli and Kuyt for free
  • OUT: A huge clean-up to mould the squad to my taste and tactics, which so far brought in 237M (!!) without really weakening me (only Emre Can was in my plans for season 2), having sold Can (63M to PSG), Markovic (45M to Real Madrid), Benteke (41.5M to Tottenham - he was crap for me), Ings (27M also to Tottenham, far worse than Benteke and that's saying something), Balotelli (22M to Newcastle, didn't trust him), Origi (19M to Reading, did well but my staff don't rate his potential), Ilori (10M to Villa), Alberto (4M to Watford), Mignolet (fire sale at 3.6M to Norwich) and some cheaper players

I'd probably want to keep Allen, but he won't extend his contract, and sell Leiva, but he's tutoring Maia (good fit). So Allen has to go, and then we've finally got the squad settled. We'll be 26 players, excluding the 3 tutors who I don't intend to play more than 2-3 times.

Anyone has a good LFC tactic that works consistently? Currently, 2nd in the league after 22 games but 9 points behind Chelsea!

Sold Lallana for 40 million pounds and Enrique for 3.5 million pounds. Brought in Mitkhtaryan and Alex Teixeira for combined 50 million pounds.

Strikers are not scoring much but the wingbacks (mainly Clyne, Moreno and Ibe) and attacking midfielders are doing well.

How much did you sign Mitkhtaryan for? Im being quoted extorniate prices for him.

Finally managed to start a new save. Playing a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1) formation, which i think suits the team best. Had a very good pre season and played a lot of games, really looking forward to the upcoming season.

Transfer:

15rme86.png

Rugani will be the leader in the defense. Ajer looks amazing and has already been judge as 4* potential. Rajkovic is the best young goalkeeper in the game and I'm seriously considering him for being the starting goalie already. Wanted the use the money from Lallana´s sale to get a new midfielder, but was unable to buy Leon Goretzka, so waiting to the january transfer window.

Can anybody explain to me how people receive £19-£20 million for Lovren?

I have restarted my Liverpool career 3 times now and never had even a single bid for Lovren, do people list him or do people offer him out? Or are people just receiving bids for him?

I'm baffled by this.

Can anybody explain to me how people receive £19-£20 million for Lovren?

I have restarted my Liverpool career 3 times now and never had even a single bid for Lovren, do people list him or do people offer him out? Or are people just receiving bids for him?

I'm baffled by this.

What worked for me : First day of pre-season offer him out for £20m. PSG will come in and offer something, change the offer to 19m and lock it in , they will accept.

What worked for me : First day of pre-season offer him out for £20m. PSG will come in and offer something, change the offer to 19m and lock it in , they will accept.

That worked for me as well. Gutted, played Everton, drew 1-1 away, and I lost Ibe for 8 months. I have Zivkovic, Origi, and Milner who can fill that role. Has anyone had success playing Sturridge as an IF from the AMR spot?

At the start of the second season Juventus accepted my 90M offer for Pogba and he's ready to sign for 200k per week, really don't know what to do!

Same thing (nearly) with me. Juve accepted 80M for him, but he wouldn't accept less than 16m signing on fee, and some other stupid bonuses. I pulled out in the end. I play Can and Hendo as CM, Allen and Milner moaning they can't get a game, so thought I'd spend my wedge elsewhere.

Fixture congestion is getting serious!

Schedule__zpsbpyuq55m.png

Yeah that happened to me too. I managed to get through and win the uefa cup, but it was still ridiculous. Then, at the start of my 2nd season, I lost half of my 1st team players (Horn, Rulli, Coutinho, Thiago Maia, Gabriel Barbosa, Jorge, Emre Can, Emanuel Mammana) to the Olympics for the UEFA Super Cup, Community Shield and 1st couple of games of the season. Due to having Rulli and Horn, I had loaned Mignolet to Roma (I couldn't get any decent offers) and only had regen keepers who weren't anywhere close to ready for Barcelona and Chelsea. As a result, I signed Sondre Rossbach for these games. Of course, almost all of the players also played in either the Euros or the Copa America already in the summer and were "exhausted and in need of a long rest" as soon as they returned and they've been struggling for fitness ever since.

Some coaching recommendations:

rYfT0Vs.jpg

yLvceng.jpg

ZBXn46v.jpg

PCUW69T.jpg

Also, Andy Renshaw is U21 or U18 physio, resign him as a first team fitness coach, he's top.

I found the last two in my game and actually signed them but the top 3 don't exist in my game. Any reason why?

e0237f7cd53bbe293b57de650c6f9d77.png

I have only recently been getting my new staff in because I completely neglected to during the season. Stupid, I know. But I like the look of this.

2429fd6df9a52469a106b52a9812a23a.png

Going to bring in another attacking and another defending coach to make everything at least four stars all around.

into November in my save. still struggling a little tactically but have been fairly consistent

3rd in the league behind city & Chelsea but have a 5 point gap to 4th so i'll be happy to get through the season like that. out of the Lge cup losing 1-0 to arsenal

Joe Allen has requested to leave over lack of games and Milner was looking a chat but I refused and he suddenly decided he was happy to stay.

playing a 41221 formation but thinking of pushing the DM up to CM to see if I can improve my possession stats. have only had 1 game so far where we've had more of the ball. might need to move to a control tactic instead of attacking

already looking at season 2 as I have my targets in mind. GK is my main concern, already have Horn but wondering whether Rajkovic would be better to bring in to rotate instead of Rulli. Rulli may want to be a key player so rotation might not work as well with him

into November in my save. still struggling a little tactically but have been fairly consistent

3rd in the league behind city & Chelsea but have a 5 point gap to 4th so i'll be happy to get through the season like that. out of the Lge cup losing 1-0 to arsenal

Joe Allen has requested to leave over lack of games and Milner was looking a chat but I refused and he suddenly decided he was happy to stay.

playing a 41221 formation but thinking of pushing the DM up to CM to see if I can improve my possession stats. have only had 1 game so far where we've had more of the ball. might need to move to a control tactic instead of attacking

already looking at season 2 as I have my targets in mind. GK is my main concern, already have Horn but wondering whether Rajkovic would be better to bring in to rotate instead of Rulli. Rulli may want to be a key player so rotation might not work as well with him

I have a similar question with the goalkeeping situation. I'm moving toward the end of December, and I should be able to get Rulli on a free. I already have Horn as well, so it seems like a no-brainer to get Rulli and rotate him and Horn and offload Mingolet. I'm wondering if a. Rulli would accept rotation in the contract offer, and b. whether selling Mingolet at the end of season 1 will upset the team at all. Any suggestions?

I found the last two in my game and actually signed them but the top 3 don't exist in my game. Any reason why?

Quanten is a KRC Genk coach, so if you don't start with the Belgian league playable, he'll probably not be in your game. Same for Samaden at Inter (Serie A). For me, this is the top reason why I start a save with a lot of leagues enabled.

You can still get them if you enable the league for next season, AFAIK.

A similar question: should I try to get Romero on a free? I know he isn't nearly as good in this version, and I already have Ajer developing but he hasn't played yet, and I think he might be better suited to the MC role. Here is how my midfield is set up:

DMC: (DM/D) - Lucas, Rossiter, Ajer, Can (switch the role to DLP/S with Can)

CM: (BTB/S) - Henderson, Milner, Can

CM: (AP/S) - Coutinho, Tielemans, Can

e0237f7cd53bbe293b57de650c6f9d77.png

I have only recently been getting my new staff in because I completely neglected to during the season. Stupid, I know. But I like the look of this.

2429fd6df9a52469a106b52a9812a23a.png

Going to bring in another attacking and another defending coach to make everything at least four stars all around.

I don't think you need more than one coach with high star rating in each field. In order to reduce workloads, you can assign a single coach to multiple jobs (preferrably this coach has high man management and mental stats, but doesn't really need high star rating). From what I know only the lead coach's star rating matters.

2b39b74d214f746ccecdcb7b70b476f0.png

Reached January first season in my Liverpool save. We are the best team in the league by a long shot and we are nothing but amazing really.

ac5060bd9bc8cd2e60c7388ad86aa4f2.png

These are our results. Currently haven't conceded in 8 games with Rajkovic and Mignolet playing a fair of the games. We could be better offensively with a lot of 1-0 games but I would rather win 1-0 than draw 0-0.

Benteke has 15 goals in 9 games at the moment and is really fighting for this starting striker spot.

edit: 3e2c08e353b77f55813c725465e167bf.png

See the odd one out in there? So do I. He's a great player and all, but he hasn't been world beating for us by any means.

Origi got the Golden Boy award also, making me rethink playing him as back up to Coutinho.

would you be able to show us your formation to go with your previous tactical advice?

I don't think you need more than one coach with high star rating in each field. In order to reduce workloads, you can assign a single coach to multiple jobs (preferrably this coach has high man management and mental stats, but doesn't really need high star rating). From what I know only the lead coach's star rating matters.

I agree. I also try to fill up my coaching ranks (those assigned to multiple roles) with various nationalities in order to improve my scouting knowledge. So, for example, I might sign a relatively poor Norwegian coach to cover multiple areas to increase my knowledge of Norway if I don't have any other Norwegian staff.

I agree. I also try to fill up my coaching ranks (those assigned to multiple roles) with various nationalities in order to improve my scouting knowledge. So, for example, I might sign a relatively poor Norwegian coach to cover multiple areas to increase my knowledge of Norway if I don't have any other Norwegian staff.

I usually fill up spare coach spot with good personality coaches (Proffesional, Resilient, Resolute etc), especially if they are u18 coaches as i think they can influence youth regens like the HOYD does.

My project of a core group of young English players has begun.

Youth candidates in March gave me:

5 stars potential GK and AMRC

4 star potential DC

Added to another 4 star DC and DL English regens i signed from other clubs.

They join the likes of Dozzell, Adekanye, Rossitier, Wilson, Kent, Sinclair, Wisdom, Ibe and Gomez.

And of course i have a bunch of foreign youth who will becomes HG at club too.

The board have improved all possible youth and youth coaching improvements i asked for, so in a few years i am aiming to have the best youth recruitment around :)

My Tutors have done a good job on youth, Toure, Milner, Hendo, Lucas, Mignolet, Palombo, Corchia, Diaz, Koren, Izmailov, Hubschman, Eduardo da Silva (Jan) have been my tutors and have done well. But now Toure, Diaz, Koren and Hubschman cant tutor as theyre importance within the squad is too low, so selling them off now. Have Kuyt coming for free in July to tutor also.

Archived