Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone else see the Peter Schmeichel doco was brilliant to hear him stating his love for the club, dreaming about playing at OT ....his last thought before going to sleep he said was playing for Utd:)

his eyes still light up when he told the story of SAF turning up at his house

If they'd played a bit more like that second half more often they might not have needed 19 goals. Almost like, having kept the ball for 45 minutes to ensure they kept their place in the FA cup final, the players were totally ignoring the admonition not to shoot or try anything difficult in order to impress the next manager.

Tell you what, that mediocre winger Mata is a hell of a number 10...

Still don't get why he would stay next season. We need to build for the future and he's gone after next season anyways. I don't get it.

100% spot on and hopefully winning the cup will give him the chance to walk away with his trophy:D

all reasons have been raised previously why he should go/have gone sooner

what can be the argument to stay??

Played some really nice football in that second half. Obviously offset by it being the lastgame of the season against Bournemouth in a half empty stadium.

Rooney was shocking for the first fifteen minutes & then had a really good game. A fair amount of boos when LvG was shouting into the microphone like a drunk uncle at the end too.

Played some really nice football in that second half. Obviously offset by it being the lastgame of the season against Bournemouth in a half empty stadium.

Rooney was shocking for the first fifteen minutes & then had a really good game. A fair amount of boos when LvG was shouting into the microphone like a drunk uncle at the end too.

disappointed we didn't get a full on ''LOUISE VAN GAAL'S ARMY''

Expectations too high? Maybe when you fail Louis.

May 1 2015: “The board of Manchester United have given me three years for that objective (winning the title). This year we have not challenged but we are very close to second and third. Chelsea are far above but next year is different. Next year it will be a different squad but so will all the other teams like Chelsea, Liverpool Arsenal and City and all the others will be different. But you have seen our matches against the top clubs and there is not a big gap.”

2015/16 pre-season notes to supporters: ”My first season at the club was a step forward because we finished fourth and returned to European football. The aim always has to be to improve. None of us will be happy to finish in the fourth position every year, so we must continue to get better.”

Note even Moyes was that insulting in interviews.

That LvG interview :D

The fans were booing because their expectations are too high. We finish 5th and go out of the CL in the group stage and our expectations are too high.

Has no journalist got the balls to confront the nonsense and point out to him it isn't an unrealistic expectation for Man Utd not to end the season 15 points below Leicester City, or only score 49 league goals? Sports journalism is lacking a Paxman or Humphrys to ask the tough questions and tackle the bullsh!t from the likes of LvG.

Note even Moyes was that insulting in interviews.

totally unbelievable he is deluded

what is wrong with saying we haven't been good enough and we will give it everything next year, but sums him up really it isnt him with the problem its us the fans we should realise this is what we are going to get so suck it up:brock:

The man is a fool or atleast takes the fans for a fool.

In the post match interview he says we expect too much yet in the post match conference he says "Leicester are more or less a relegation team...".

A team who finished 15 points ahead of us? What are or expectations meant to me you absolute fraud

Failing to get top 4, going out of the CL via the group stages... definetly grounds for a sacking

he should have been sacked before xmas wasn't and nothing will surprise me now

all the reason have been discussed here to death

lets wait and hope for the best but the people in charge seem to be as deluded/ incompetent as him so happy days all round;)

If performances like the second half last night were a much more regular occurence, this would have been a great season, just a shame showings like that were limited toan average of one half every dozen or so games.

Really can't see any positive reason to keep him. What is the point of going in to a season with a manager you know for a fact is leaving at the end of it? Should go in to the 16/17 season with a manager building to the 17/18 season in his own image, a manager who the board would expect to be there in that following season.

If LVG stays, does he get to spend another £150m which a year later may not fit in to a new managers plans at all?

You know what, it pains me to say it, but even as vocal as I've been against Mourinho coming in for so many reasons, I think I'd even accept him coming in next season as it would at least mean we had a manager who would be looking to build a team for the next season at the very least. I'd still prefer someone like Pochettino but as Mourinho looks like the only realistic possibility, and it would mean ousting LVG, then I say go for it.

This season has been a huge backward step. I haven't seen/read LVG's latest interview but by all accounts he has spouted some utter rubbish again along the lines of our expectations being too high. The man is genuinely deluded and just changes his rhetoric to make it sound like whatever is happening, we should be happy to have him here and want him to stay. Genuinley think that if Moyes had been given a second season he would have improved, where as LVG has got worse, somehow.

The FA Cup would be a lovely end to a poor season, but it should not be enough to keep him.

Second half of the season has been better than the first half right?

Your board will see that as momentum forward and a FA cup win as a reason not to get rid of him. Which makes sense, you have to have some sort of continuity and not having endless 'transition' seasons. What are you, Liverpool? Change the manager and next year will be that kind of season again.

Honestly think he'll stay if you win the FA cup.

So if he's going to be sacked (regardless of whether he wins the FA Cup or not), when do we think it'll happen? On Monday?

Hopefully he quits in his post match presser :D

But I still think we are stuck with him for another year

Your board will see that as momentum forward and a FA cup win as a reason not to get rid of him. Which makes sense, you have to have some sort of continuity and not having endless 'transition' seasons. What are you, Liverpool? Change the manager and next year will be that kind of season again.

Honestly think he'll stay if you win the FA cup.

But he's gone after next season, what is the point of keeping him for what you know is a last year. Fergie himself said that when he first announced his retirement it had a negative impact on that season, because he wasn't looking to the future and the players/club knew he was going. Then he ended up staying for seevral more years and then only announced his retirement near the end of the season he left and that that made it easier to work with.

I don't think you can qualify it by saying the second half has been better than the first. If it has and we still finish 5th then how awful was the first half? You have to judge the overall season which has been really poor. And it isn't all about league placement, it is so many things.

Barely. Lost against the Danish minnows, out without a fight against Liverpool, 3 or 4 consecutive games without scoring a goal, throwing away numerous chances of getting 4h place... I could go on.

Barely. Lost against the Danish minnows, out without a fight against Liverpool, 3 or 4 consecutive games without scoring a goal, throwing away numerous chances of getting 4h place... I could go on.

1st 19 Games:

Manchester United

pl 19 won 8 dra 6 lost 5 for 22 aga 16 GD 6 pts 30

2nd 19 games:

Manchester United

pl 19 won 11 dra 3 lost 5 for 27 aga 19 GD 8 pts 36

Better by 6 points, but not as significant as I thought it'd be.

Still done better than Liverpool since Klopp came in :cool:

Maybe on paper and in the league, but it's nothing really to brag about.

They can win a European cup, qualify for the Champions League and have a lot of momentum going into the summer.

I know you're (probably) only joking but I know which position Id rather be in.

Archived