FM15: Tottenham Hotspur - Always Take Lamela With You

enders357

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He plays in Norway, so my guess is you dont have that loaded. I bought him in a later season from Bayern rather than straight from the start as Stambouli was a complete machine.

Thanks for the tips on youth development enders. Just one thing, I play Classic Mode and I dont think I can select tutors, any advise on that?

I always sell both Adebayor and Soldado as they arent very good, and bring in a good young striker that is about Soldado level. In this save I brought in Paco Alcacer who proved to be incredible as he scored 40 goals in just his second season. Kane was good backup for him. Bentaleb is a little harder to fit in because you have solid CMs in Dembele and Paulinho, so I used him as backup as well. In general, what I did was spend all my budget on a great Striker, and bring in a good young CDM to fit in my 4231, as I didnt like Capoue.

Soldado has been amazing for me, he has something like 24 goals in 21 games playing as a false nine.

Anyone got a good set up for scoring corners? Mine always seem to get cleared or never make it past the first man (a bit too realistic for us I think lol)

Seem to be having a little blip lately on that we seem to concede a lot of late goals, would in game team talk telling them to concentrate etc have any benefit on this?

Not doing too badly atm sitting around 5th place although a win takes me up to 4th and above Man City, arsenal had a bad start and were 13th at one point but managed to get up to 6th

A lot of my players are complaining about lack of game time, and none of them are prepared to wait - also does anyone find Danny rose incredibly poor? Always out of position and seems to cost me goals

As I said earlier, I bring lots of new players to the club. And I sell most of the ones that are in the club.

I'm having lousy results.

Supposedly because players don't know each other and don't know my tatics.

But when the blue stripe is full that means that this problem is over? Because my bad runs are in december, after the blue stripe is full!! it should not be that the problem.

I already restarted some times :(

As I said earlier, I bring lots of new players to the club. And I sell most of the ones that are in the club.

I'm having lousy results.

But when the blue stripe is full that means that this problem is over? Because my bad runs are in december, after the blue stripe is full!! it should not be that the problem.

I already restarted some times :(

Then it sounds like the tactic is the problem i'm afraid.

Actually, there's tactical familiarity - indicated by that blue stripe - but there's also "team chemistry" or whatever you like to call it. If you go to your assistant manager ---> reports ---> team talk feedback, he will indicate how well your team is working as a unit. In best case scenario the players will be "ready to die for each other", but that takes quite the time and effort.

What does he say about your team cohesion in december?

Actually, there's tactical familiarity - indicated by that blue stripe - but there's also "team chemistry" or whatever you like to call it. If you go to your assistant manager ---> reports ---> team talk feedback, he will indicate how well your team is working as a unit. In best case scenario the players will be "ready to die for each other", but that takes quite the time and effort.

What does he say about your team cohesion in december?

Good point. Im 18 months in and still don't have the top level of understanding/cohesion.

Maybe see a save through rather than re-start; you're only going to find the same frustrations over and over.

Had probably my best result of the season last night, in December 14 and got Man Utd at home. They've been a bit disappointing this season currently sitting around 6th but I still expected a tough game....how wrong could I be?

Ended up 3-0 up within 9mins, Lamela bagging a brace and Eriksen with the other

Ended up 4-1 winners in the end, they were really pushing for it second half and Lloris made a couple of crucial stops

Bit worried now though as Juve and utd are both interested in Eriksen but I refuse to sell

Currently sitting 2nd, 3pts off Liverpool with a game in hand with 3 goals separating us on GD

Anyone got a decent striker to recommend to cover for Doumbia who's off to AFCON - soldado has been playing well but I need some cover, haven't really got the best out of Kane yet not sure what his best roll is

Finally!! After struggling in previous saves, in this one - at the end of January - I'm sitting 1st in the Premiership, 2 point ahead of Chelsea.

Will update in the end of season. It was all about tatics.

Nonetheless I'm desapointed with one thing: I brougth Ruben Neves in January but his determination was 13 and not 17 (as it was at the beggining of the game). Wanted him for club captain in some years, but I think Porto tuttored him with a player with less determination :( Well I could have worse problems :)

Im a dilemma now people. In the January transfer window and Capoue already left for Liverpool after them unsettling him and now Dembele looks to be on way to Old Trafford!!! I play a midfield 3 so am looking for replacement or two...

What central midfields can I bring in do you think people quick response if possible :)

So after my initial attempt with Spurs corrupted after 18 months I've started again. Thought I'd post an update. My first season transfer information (including January) is:

IN:

Nathaniel Clyne - £9m

John Souttar - £1m

Saido Berahino - £10m

DeAndre Yedlin - £2.4m

Martin Odegaard - Free

Alexandre Lacazette - £8.5m

Joe Gomez - £5m

OUT

John Souttar (loan back)

Saido Berahino (loan back)

Kyle Naughton - £2.4m

BAE - £1.3m

Adebayor - £4.5m

Brad Friedel - free

Had a disappointing time in the domestic cups.

FA Cup - lost in 3rd round away to Liverpool.

League Cup - lost in 4th round away to West Brom.

Europa League was tough to take. The semi final line up was:

Tottenham v. CSKA

Arsenal v. Zenit.

I was 4-0 up after 52 minutes at home in the first leg which then somehow ended 4-3. I proceeded to go out on away goals after a 6-6 aggregate score line. The blow was slightly softened by Zenit defeating Arsenal in the other semi!

As for the Premier League I made a late surge of form and finished 4th on goal difference ahead of Man City and a further 11 points clear of Arsenal in 6th.

Dembele was my best player all season. His CM partnership with Eriksen was formidable while Soldado chipped in with 26 goals in 36 league games.

So. The summer of 2015. Transfer activity so far has seen:

IN:

Ross Barkley - £15.25m

Leonardo Bittencourt - £2.5m

Ricardo Rodriguez - £15m

Nikola Vlasic - £195k

OUT:

Tom Carroll - £2.2m

Nacer Chadli - £5m

DeAndre Yedlin - £750k

Paulinho - £20m

Ryan Mason - £2m

Alex Pritchard - £1.5m

Lewis Holtby - £10.5m

Federico Fazio - £6.75m

Danny Rose - £6m

Opening game of the season was at home to Stoke. I'd played my CL playoff on the Wednesday before. Last season I basically had two different starting XI's for the EL/PL so it wasn't an issue. This season will be different. Stambouli went off injured after 25 mins. I didn't have Capoue on the bench. I play with a DM. Rather than adjust and move someone forward to CAM, for some reason I stuck Dembele at DM and went on to lose 4-2. I only conceded 30 goals all season last time round so this was a major shock.

I've been in a huff with it for about 2 days since and this is me just going back to it!

Season one (2014/2015)

-- Premiership: champions :D

-- Europa League: semi-final lost to Galatasaray that won the competition (L 6-4, W 1-0)

-- Capital One Cup: semi-final lost to Everton (W 1-0, L 1-4)

-- FA Cup: 3rd round lost to Hull

Chelsea have won Capital One Cup + FA Cup (and lost Champions League final to CSKA Moscow).

Munir - Football writters footballer of the year + Premiership best scorer

Eriksen - PFA young player of the year

(Mata of M.U. won the PFA player of the year)

season1tottenham.jpg

GK - Lloris/Vorm

DR - Walker / Darmian / Dier

DL - Davis / Rose

DC - Nkoulou / (Kaboul) / *Vallejo*

DC - Balanta / (Fazio) / *Radoi*

MC - Bradley / Lucas Romero / *Ruben Neves*

MC - Dembele/ Tielemans / Valeri

AMR - Lamela / Townsend / Adama Traoré

AML - Depay / Andre Ayew

AMC - Eriksen / *Odegaard*

ST - Munir/ (Soldado) /Kane

() - out in january

** - in in january

Also have lots of good young players in the club and on loan. Have lots of old players to serve as tuttors. but i'm not that good at tuttoring.

Is it just me or the inflation on season two is huge? Every good player have a big value and to buy then we must pay like 50 M euros. In season one, we could buy some of then for 15-20 M.

By the way, Messi is interested in joining Spurs in the beggining of season two. Barcelona finished 5th, did not qualified for Champions League. Don't know how much it would cost to convince Barcelona to sell him. Don't know if I'll give a try. I have 100 M transfer budget, so in installements I could go to a astronomic amount.

Is it just me or the inflation on season two is huge? Every good player have a big value and to buy then we must pay like 50 M euros. In season one, we could buy some of then for 15-20 M.

By the way, Messi is interested in joining Spurs in the beggining of season two. Barcelona finished 5th, did not qualified for Champions League. Don't know how much it would cost to convince Barcelona to sell him. Don't know if I'll give a try. I have 100 M transfer budget, so in installements I could go to a astronomic amount.

Amazing, did you manage to grab him?

I've just signed Pogba at the start of the 18/19 season....I thought that was a big capture! lol.

just finished my first season, ended up second but won the Europa League

was looking good for top spot around March but i had a couple of draws and lousy defeats that dented our chances and Chelsea didn't hold back

struggling for signings so far, sold Rose to villa for 8.5m but need back up to Davies

Chadlis & Chiriches were both sold in Jan for about 10m each

board only gave me a tfr budget of 17m, i've signed one youth defender from huddersfield for 6m as he's described as world class potential and he's english

After taking a 3/4 year hiatus from FM I've returned to my usual Spurs save this year and I must say it's pretty good.

I originally thought I wouldn't sell many players and that it'd be good to keep a lot of the originals but after a 40m offer from manutd came in for vertonghen I decided to have a little reshuffle. Using the good advice on this thread I identified my targets and set about reinvesting.

Season 1 transfers

yk3p5St.jpg

*playing online with a friend who is managing exeter city - he needs a cash injection from time to time!

A lot of movement there. An emphasis on youth but players like romero, balanta and peruzzi made a positive impression on the first team - shame depay was injured for most of the year with acl. I ended up finishing second to chelsea, won the carling cup though so pretty good first season.

Season 2 Transfers

ACJG2Xn.jpg

*Quieter in terms of incomings, with an emphasis on english players as I was having trouble filling my quota!

Had a much better second season as I won the double, beating gooners in facup! lost in final of league cup to chelski and psg in champ lge!

Season two

0KLygux.png

In my 3rd season now and after managing to resist lots of interest for my big players (eriksen, fierro, barbosa, romero) my transfer activity has been unusually low.

Season 3 Transfers

tphiDCq.jpg

*fazio missed last peno in chmps lge final

Here's my current team in season 3

a9XSzY5.png

Hopefully on for the treble this year, if we can avoid any shoot outs!

Will be looking to bring in a big name striker and possibly centre mid, depending on who I sell. And definitely need a proper rb backup for walker and goalie for lloris. Not having much luck finding good regens either if anyone has some suggestions?

Season two (2015/2016)

-- Premiership: champions (again, this time with a record of points) :applause:

-- Capital One Cup: winner :D (win in penalties against Manchester United)

-- Champions League: quarter final lost to Manchester United (they went to win the final)

-- FA Cup: 6rd round lost to Manchester United

-- Community Shield: lost to Chelsea

Chelsea have won Capital One Cup + FA Cup (and lost Champions League final to CSKA Moscow).

Eriksen - Football writters footballer of the year

Depay - PFA player of the year

Munir- 2015 European Golden Boy

(Danny Ings of Burnley won the PFA young player of the year)

spursseason2.jpg

GK - Lloris/ (Casteels) / *Begovic*

DR - Walker / (Darmian) / *Peruzzi*

DL - Alex Sandro / Davies

DC - Nkoulou / Tah

DC - Balanta / Muñoz

MC - Strootman / Ruben Neves

MC - Lucas Romero / Tielemans

AMR - Lamela / Adama Traoré

AML - Depay / Pereyra / Townsend

AMC - Eriksen / Odegaard

ST - Munir/ *Zivkovic* /Kane

() - out in january

** - in in january

Munir got a 3 months injury. I still have lots of promising youngsters on loan. For next season I already have Pogba, Alaba and Stones :)

(Although he was my sub, I sold Kane for 40 million euros to Barcelona)

To see season one: link.

So coming to the end of my first season im going to finish 3rd big achievement i believe! Carling cup out 4th round in the FA cup final against everton still to come and Europa league went out to a fast paced Dortmund side in the semis!!!

SO before my current season ends looking for advice on the areas i believe i need to strengthen. I believe another solid center back a left back and another inside forward???

GK - Lloris, Vorm

RB - Clyne, Walker

LB- Rose, Davis

CB- Chiriches, Fazio, Kaboul, Dier, Balanta

CM- Benteleb, Erisken, Paulinho, Scheiderlin, Barkley, Stambouli, Lazaro

L/RM - Lamela, Townsend, Depay, Chadli

ST- Kane, Doumbia, Alcacer

I have Tielmans coming in as well as Pererya in the summer. Have Ould-Chikh and Odegaard in under 21s....

So what players and where can you advise people :)

So coming to the end of my first season im going to finish 3rd big achievement i believe! Carling cup out 4th round in the FA cup final against everton still to come and Europa league went out to a fast paced Dortmund side in the semis!!!

SO before my current season ends looking for advice on the areas i believe i need to strengthen. I believe another solid center back a left back and another inside forward???

GK - Lloris, Vorm

RB - Clyne, Walker

LB- Rose, Davis

CB- Chiriches, Fazio, Kaboul, Dier, Balanta

CM- Benteleb, Erisken, Paulinho, Scheiderlin, Barkley, Stambouli, Lazaro

L/RM - Lamela, Townsend, Depay, Chadli

ST- Kane, Doumbia, Alcacer

I have Tielmans coming in as well as Pererya in the summer. Have Ould-Chikh and Odegaard in under 21s....

So what players and where can you advise people :)

Balanta and umtitti are both cb's who can play left back, although good proper full-backs are harder to find.

Josh murphy from norwich is pertty decent on either flank or promote ould-chikh to first team he's a good inside fwd.

Season two (2015/2016)

-- Premiership: champions (again, this time with a record of points) :applause:

-- Capital One Cup: winner :D (win in penalties against Manchester United)

-- Champions League: quarter final lost to Manchester United (they went to win the final)

-- FA Cup: 6rd round lost to Manchester United

-- Community Shield: lost to Chelsea

Eriksen - Football writters footballer of the year

Depay - PFA player of the year

Munir- 2015 European Golden Boy

(Danny Ings of Burnley won the PFA young player of the year)

spursseason2.jpg

GK - Lloris/ (Casteels) / *Begovic*

DR - Walker / (Darmian) / *Peruzzi*

DL - Alex Sandro / Davies

DC - Nkoulou / Tah

DC - Balanta / Muñoz

MC - Strootman / Ruben Neves

MC - Lucas Romero / Tielemans

AMR - Lamela / Adama Traoré

AML - Depay / Pereyra / Townsend

AMC - Eriksen / Odegaard

ST - Munir/ *Zivkovic* /Kane

() - out in january

** - in in january

Munir got a 3 months injury. I still have lots of promising youngsters on loan. For next season I already have Pogba, Alaba and Stones :)

(Although he was my sub, I sold Kane for 40 million euros to Barcelona)

what kinda deals do you have pogba alaba and stones coming in on? - that is if they're coming at the end of the season but not in january?

Any more help and advice on signings for 2nd season people

could maybe do with a striker as i don't rate kane on the game or doumbia, never had alcacer tho. check out dominic berardi form saussoulo or luka jovic if you want a younger back-up.

Lucas romero and leon goretzka are beast cms if you wanna ditch bentaleb can't imagine he's got very high pa on game.

Just starting a Spurs save, usually my first long game with FM but held off this year(like many it seems!). I'm still not sure if this will be a long term or just a play around, I've still got my QPR save going but I couldn't concentrate on it until I gave Spurs a go. It just seems like tradition!

Tried not to spend too much in the first window(and I've actually made a healthy profit), I feel I need a central midfielder, left back and a striker but I'm willing to give it a go until January with what I have now as Soldado has been scoring for fun preseason, and Kane needs games because in both my other saves he's turned into a beast. Dembele has usually been good for me in past FM's despite seeing a lot of hate for him in this thread, plus I want to give Capoue, Bentaleb and Stambouli a good few games when Eriksen / Paulinho / Dembele aren't playing.

Anyway, here's my team... Attacking / Flexi / Retain Possession, work ball into box, close down less & lower tempo

spursteam.jpg

Really trying to play to the boards vision as that's something I haven't done on my QPR save and despite it going well for me in every other aspect of the game, the board are whinging about me ignoring board promises at every given opportunity.

and my transfer activity...

spurstransfers.jpg

From reading this thread, it looks like I could have done better with every one of my sales but I'm just glad all these players have gone to be honest (barring Vertonghen). Also got Odengaard coming in January. Thought I'd give it a go because no one signs Balanta and Odengaard do they :rolleyes: Good to see Fanni getting a mention in here, only gave him a one year contract but looks a decent cheap RB who - all being well - I'll give him another year and he can tutor whichever young RB I bring in next season.

I'm not sold on my tactics and there's plenty of ideas for tweaking once it starts going wrong. But it's looking really good preseason so giving it a go. I also have a slightly different tactic with everything set the same except the AMC is a defensive midfielder set as BWM(D) with Paulinho's position changed to an AP(A).

This season I'm hoping to just squeeze into Europe to keep the board happy, but not overly boost expectations for next season when I want to really start building for the future, and looking into young players as so far on FM15 I've just been building teams for instant success. In reality I'll probably be fired by Christmas and left thinking Daniel Levy is even more of a ***** than I already do.

Edit : For gods sake! Balanta is doing my head in.

Real Madrid final preseason friendly. 60+% possession and 2-0 up happily seeing the game out - Balanta gives away a penalty and gets a straight red. Fanni own goal and Lloris howler all in the last 10 minutes. Finishes 3-2.

Leicester first Premier League game. Go 1-0 up a few minutes in. Balanta gives away a penalty in the 14th minute, straight red & scored penalty. Never really get hold of the game after that. Fanni was awful in the second half and gifted them their 2nd goal. 2 injuries after I'd made 3 subs ended up with me finishing with 8 players on the pitch but Eriksen stole a goal at the end. 2-2.

Think I'm gonna have to bench Balanta after his suspension and ease him in. He was good when I bought him a few seasons in on my Man Utd game. Does he just need a few seasons to mature?

How are people playing Kane?

I play a 4-3-3 two inside fwds and one up top, normally either soldado or doumbia as CF or AF

Also what budgets did everyone get second season we're in June and all these players are going for big bucks to my rivals and I've got naff all, like 17m which doesn't really buy much imo

Villa bought rose for 8m could've got more I think but I never played him much so would like a decent English lb possibly to back up Davies altho not something I'm desp for as I'm hoping to shift Paulinho and bring in JWP altho Madrid are sniffing around Dembele

2014/2015 Season Review

Transfers In

The South Americans invasion.

L74mBGO.png

Everton Ribeiro - The current Brazilian league player of the year was brought in to unlock defences.

Paulo Dybala - Dubbed the new Sergio Aguero and with a measly transfer fee of only 4.6m, it's hard not to sign him.

Matias Kranevitter - Beside Stambouli, the team lack another pure midfield destroyer. Capoue(with his PPMs) and Bentaleb both really doesn't fit into that role.

Roberto Firmino - Was supposed to be brought in the summer transfer window but a fee could not be agreed. This fleet footed Brazilian has both flair and vision to score and create.

Lucas Silva - With the departure of the Dembele, the Brazilian Pirlo was brought in to dicate play from deep with his pinpoint passing, giving me a different option to Chiriches.

Mayke - A attacking wingback to provide competition to Walker.

Bernard - A replacement for poor Chadli who only made 1 appearance under my reign because of a serious injury

Notable Transfers Out

Younes Kaboul - The captain was sold as there is simply no place for him. Dier impressed and was my 3rd most used defender.

Mousa Dembele - He was playing well but Chiriches came in and did a better job. I'm unlikely to get a better deal in the future.

Competitions

League

The only defeat was 1-0(pk goal) loss to Newcastle on matchday 37.

WtWQ7RY.png

Europa League

Playoffs - Beat Apollon 5-1 on aggregate

Group Stage - Qualified as Group Winners with 5 wins and 1 draw

1st KO - Beat AaB 1-0 on aggregate

2nd KO - Beat Galatasaray 6-1 on aggregate

Q-Finals - Beat Besiktas 3-1 on aggregate

S-Finals - Beat Zenit 8-2 on aggregate

Finals - Beat Everton 3-1

League Cup

3rd Rnd - Beat Oldham 3-0

4th Rnd - Beat Crystal Palace 3-1

Q-Finals - Beat Sunderland 1-0

S-Finals - Beat Aston Villa 4-1

Finals - Beat Chelsea 2-0

FA Cup

3rd Rnd - Beat Chesterfield 3-0

4th Rnd - Lost to Man City 2-4

Most Used Starting XI

FK4mbQ1.png

Best Performers

Erik Lamela - 38(4) Apps - 28 Goals - 22 Assists

Simone Zaza - 38 Apps - 33 Goals - 10 Assists

Christian Eriksen - 40(2) Apps - 15 Goals 19 Assists

Surprising Good

Vlad Chiriches - Hated his guy irl but he is really good here. His good technical abilities have blossom him into a fine deep roaming playmaker. It's a pity the Libero role is not working in FM15, if not, I will play him even deeper.

And because of his excellent performances, he was promoted to vice-captain after Kaboul left. Lloris was captain.

I'm struggling with Spurs in my game. Mid-table in January, we lost Eriksen for the season just after the transfer window closed. Kane has been a success, scoring steadily to get 16 goals in 25 games, Soldado somewhat less so scoring in spurts to get 15 in 29, and in general goals are in short supply - only Lamela otherwise has more than 4 goals, mostly from playing in a 3 up front with Kane and Soldado.

Injuries keep cutting short any momentum as well - Lennon, Chadli, Kane, Fazio, Kaboul, Vertonghen and Dembele have all had significant spells on the sidelines, making it hard to develop any sort of team continuity.

I've tried variations on 442, 41221 and 433. I'd like to use 4231 as it makes the best use of Spurs' squad (and Eriksen is astonishing at AMC... but not this season) but even with all of them being wholly/nearly wholly familiar to the players, there's still not much sparkle to the team.

I've got rid of Rose, Naughton and Adebayor for about 15 million, some in instalments. I signed Jack Flanagan from Liverpool to cover Walker/replace Naughton, but otherwise my team is the one I started with. I'm trying to bring in Sergi Roberto from Barcelona to help bring some creativity into the team, especially in Eriksen's absence, but otherwise I'm open to suggestions for players/tactics.

Just started with Tottenham, I've accepted offers out for Vertonghan(£41m Man Utd) and Paulinho(£31m PSG).

There's a lot of talent in the squad and I want to make sure I set off in the right way, bring in a couple of promising home grown players. The predictable signing of Lucas Romero is only for sell on value, looking at the likes of Germany, France and Holland to recruit from.

Been MIA for a while, but had a chance to play a bit over Christmas and New Year and am now in to my third season. I finished the first season 6th and with a Europa League trophy to take home, but didn't fare too well in my second season. Although I improved my league positition I missed out on Champions League by finishing 5th and was knocked out of all the cups at the first attempt. My key players had let me down, notabely Harry Kane who had scored 28 league goals in my first season but only managed 13 in the second. Lamela and Depay (who I picked in Jan of my first season) were my key performers, playing from the wings, and Eriksen did well in centre midfield... but all three were targeted by Europe's elite in the summer and, having missed out on CL football, I could do nothing but get all the money I could for them and rebuild (sound familar, Spurs fans??). Eriksen went to Barcelona for £60, Depay to Bayern for £42m and Lamela to Juventus for £39.5m. I looked at first for direct replacements but couldn't find any so decided to search for the best players available that would come to me - and found Gabriel Barbosa (Striker), Christoph Kramer (centre mid), Kevin De Bruyne, and Xabi Alonso. So I snapped them all up, and added James Wilson from Man Utd too, and set about putting together a tactic that would work for my new squad.

I knew it needed to have two strikers to accomodate Barbosa and Kane and with no decent wide players left in the squad I sold off the cover I had in those positions and committed to a narrow formation. I started the season in a narrow diamond and drew 2, won 1 of the first 3 but conceded a lot of goals (I beat Watford 6-4!) so looked at ways to tighten. The diamond became a 3-5-2 and I haven't looked back since, winning 10 in a row! Here's my team:

SK-D: Lloris

CD-D: Musacchio

CD-D: Fazio

BPD-D: Vertonghen

CWB-S: Walker

DM-S/RGA: Kramer/Alonso

CWB-A: Bernat

AP-A: De Bruyne

CM-S: Strootman/Bentaleb

DLF-S: Kane

CF-A: Barbosa/Wilson

It's a team I'm pretty delighted with, and the signings I've made over the three years really make this is a new Tottenham. It's actually quite exciting to have no Eriksen and Lamela and to have to rebild and rethink the tactics.

I've just started a Spurs save. I was going to wait for the data update to see what upgrades Kane and Mason would get but just decided to do it myself with the editor. I've upped Mason's CA and PA and his work rate and determination. Kane's CA and PA have been upped slightly along with his finishing, composure, dribbling and free kicks. Nothing outlandish for either of them, just more realistic. I've also given Azzoui increased potential.

Not looking to make any major squad changes although if I can sell Adebayor that would be nice. Lennon and Townsend are also not the ideal backups for my wide roles (IF/S on the right and Ramdeuter on the left) but they'll do for now.

Only just played one friendly so will update with more info over the weekend.

I've just started a Spurs save. I was going to wait for the data update to see what upgrades Kane and Mason would get but just decided to do it myself with the editor. I've upped Mason's CA and PA and his work rate and determination. Kane's CA and PA have been upped slightly along with his finishing, composure, dribbling and free kicks. Nothing outlandish for either of them, just more realistic. I've also given Azzoui increased potential.

I did this in the editor before I started my save too. As you did, I didn't go over board just increased the stats that were obviously way off.

Oh, as everyone else seems to have signed him too: I picked up Kristoffer Ajer at the end of season two. He has 1.5* CA and 2.5* PA so doesn't look amazing there, but all the stats required to be a top Regista are around 14 or 15 so I'm hopeful he can become a big player for me. He's 18 at present in my save and is tearing up the Championship on loan at Bolton, with a >7.50 average after ~12 games.

I sold off the cover I had in those positions and committed to a narrow formation.

I made a similar decision towards the end of Season 5, I'm something stupid like 18 games unbeaten in the league right now in season 6. 21 games played, 1 loss and 2 or 3 draws. 7 points clear at the top.

All stats off the top of my head, will do a proper update later today.

EDIT:

And of course, COYS, top top win yesterday. Great start to the new year.

Oh, as everyone else seems to have signed him too: I picked up Kristoffer Ajer at the end of season two. He has 1.5* CA and 2.5* PA so doesn't look amazing there, but all the stats required to be a top Regista are around 14 or 15 so I'm hopeful he can become a big player for me. He's 18 at present in my save and is tearing up the Championship on loan at Bolton, with a >7.50 average after ~12 games.

Sorry guys been on my travels last month or so!! So glad you mentioned Ajer, didn't reply to the question month or so ago. He does really have good attributes for a regista! That was going to be my reply!!!!

Anyways, wat a win last night!!!!! COYS!!!!

I've not got too into FM15 this year, I've been playing more Eastside Hockey Manager lately to be honest!

Have picked it up recently again after some of Spurs better results and I've been inspired to see if I can get some of the players replicating their real-life form.

Best result I've had is Chadli's 6 goals from 11 starts, playing as a RAUMDEUTER of all things! He just has this habit of popping up in the box off of the left flank and banging them in!

Kane I've had less success with, but to be honest I've just been playing him in the cups at this early stage of the season as per real life, and Ade has been on a tear for me anyway. Looking to ease him into the league late november/december time. Been experimenting with a few different roles for him as a lone-striker (Target Man, Advanced Forward, Complete Forward) any hints from those who have got him 'beasting it' in their games as to what role to play him/training to concentrate on?

Mason similarly im struggling to find a decent role for. BBMid is what I'm using him as at the second, but he doesn't seem to have the stamina for the role. Any hints for him?

Bentelab makes quite a good Defensive Deep-laying Playmaker for me, when partnered with someone to do the 'dirty-work' in midfield anyway, and Fazio is a surprisingly effective CB when given instructions to 'Cover'.

As things stand I'm at the end of October, 4th in the league with it all still being quite close, in the Capital One Cup quarters and heading a group of Lokomotive Moscow, PAOK and Sutjeska (who?) level on 7 points with Lokomotive after 3 games.

Aiming to get into the Champions League with this squad (maybe a few additions in Jan if I can offload Adebayor) also aiming to integrate Tommy Carroll, Pritchard and Fredricks next season if I can so will keep you posted.

Any help regarding Kane and Mason readily accepted though. I know they'll both get updates in the Jan database but don't want to wait till then honestly!

Any help regarding Kane and Mason readily accepted though. I know they'll both get updates in the Jan database but don't want to wait till then honestly!

You may want to make Kane unlearn his shoot from distance ppm if possibe. He is going to shoot alot from distance because of it. I know that he has pretty high long shot attribute but shooting nearer always has a better chance of scoring.

This might not be very helpful but until they get an upgrade my only advice is to get shot of 'em . Same goes for fredericks. waste of space.

Season three (2016/2017)

-- Premiership: one point behind Chelsea after being champion for the previous two years :( (8 months injury in Lamela was decisive for me losing it)

-- Capital One Cup: winner, again :)

-- Champions League: semi-final lost to Barcelona

-- FA Cup: 5rd round lost to Manchester United

-- Community Shield: win against Southampton :)

This was the worst season of the three. Lamela out for 8 months was decisive. Pogba was not impressive either.

I'm also England manager. Won every game :)

Eriksen - Football writters footballer of the year + 3rd place in golden ball (only Messi and Ronaldo are better than him in the world :) )

(Aguero from Man City - PFA player of the year)

Memphys Depay won the PFA young player of the year

Munir - Permier League top scorer +European top scorer

season3Spurs.png

GK - Lloris/ Begovic

DR - John Stones / Tin Jedjav

DL - Alaba / Davies

DC - Tah / Nkoulou

DC - Balanta / Jesus Vallejo

MC - Pogba / Ruben Neves

MC - Tielemans / Lucas Romero

AMR - Adama Traoré / *Sterling* / *Bilal Ould-Chikh* / Lamela was out 8 months...

AML - Depay / Human Tariq

AMC - Eriksen / Odegaard

ST - Munir/ Zivkovic / Klose

** - in in january

For next season: I want to improve the GK position. Would like Courtois but it is impossible. De Gea also impossible. ter Stengen would be 85 M euros. Thomas Glover is now a wonder kid, but he is not better than Lloris. So I think it will not be possible to improve. I have some youngsters that are very good out on loan. Right back would be also good to improve, but have no ideas. What do you think I can improve?

To see season two: link.

Season 3 and Thomas Glover is up to 1* CA and 4.5* PA. I've been using him in all League Cup and Europa League games and he's been playing well. High hopes he'll be established number two within a year, and could well take over from Lloris in 3 or 4 seasons' time.

Azzaoui and Onomah have also both broken in to the cup team and have had sub appearances in the league. Azzaoui's scored 3 or 4 in Europe and Onomah has 3 man of the match performances in the Europa League and is a legitimate option for the bench in the league (especially with Holtby injured for a few months).

What do you think I can improve?

With that squad I'd say the only real improvements you'll be able to make will be by tweaking the tactics to get the best out of your players. With world class players in all positions it'd probably do more harm than good (disruption etc) to bring in new players.

Archived