FM15: Tottenham Hotspur - Always Take Lamela With You

enders357

Started a brand new save and bought Depay with the money I sold Vertonghan to Man U with and right when he arrives BOOM!! Out 3 months with injury that he got in training.

On a more alarming note is anyone else finding that it is incredibly frustrating and quite simply silly that Ryan Mason gets hurt a lot!? In my saves he just can't get a good run of games because he is always hurt and I find it quite silly really.

He's very injury prone in real life and missed the first few months of this season.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did sell and buy a few players in Jan. Every time you play Mason he has an injury so gave up and bought a backup amc. Arsenal bought quality with Gaya and Depay and were the biggest threat despite Chelsea and Man C who have squads that can will PL with over 100pts

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages-5_zpskledejtj.png

Tried another Spurs season - this time a treble rather than a double. Bought Depay on 1st Jan and really made an impact and ended with highest av rating.

Competitions_%20%20Competitions-4_zpsvbx011n8.png

Squad_%20Players%20Players_zpsbsswdbkz.png

After a lacklustre start the season turned out well, with best performances in ECC taking down Real Madrid, Bayern and Juve in Knock outs and Barcelona in Final.

Competitions_%20%20Competitions-5_zpssivu6dnj.png

First season still going way above expectations.

Currently sitting top after 20 games, 5 points clear of Man Utd with a game hand. Just beat them 1-0 at home in the previous match with an 88th minute winner from Lamela to win 1-0 :D

Only one loss in the Prem so far and that was 2-0 away to Arsenal so that hurt.

Just got to Jan and made a few signing;

Pedro Obiang - £4.2m – Pretty decent all round midfielder and at a very good price. Value automatically rose to £12m upon signing.

Kishna from Ajax - £2.3m rising to £7.25m. (5 star potential winger)

Got rid of Chiriches for £9.5m, and Nacer Chadli to PSG for £23m all up front cash. Chadli moaned about lack of games then got unhappy and PSG came in. Happy with that price! Had a bit of squad disruption saying I treated him unfairly but I responded saying he caused disharmony and they all responded green so that was sorted right away.

Trying to get rid of Capoue and Dembele due to arrival of Obiang but can’t get any offers even though they have a couple of clubs with major interest.

Man City sniffed around Danny Rose and he said he wanted to leave due to potential wages on offer, so I gave him a new contract. He is being immense as AML. Main reason Chadli got annoyed and had to leave.

Same happened with Kane, so he is now on £75k a week. Can’t afford to lose him. He is currently injured at the moment so Lacazette is getting a good run up front after his 5 month injury lay off and doing great. Scored a hat trick on his league debut from AMR.

Best Eleven to this point is;

GK - Lloris

DR - Walker

DL - Davies

DC - Fazio

DC – Vertonghen (BPD)

MC – Mason (DLP)

MC – Paulinho/Bentaleb (BBM) – Obiang will compete here now too and I think I will try and shift Paulinho at end of season.

AMR - Lamela

AML - Rose

AMC – Eriksen

SC – Kane

Any ideas how good Dier will turn out? His stats for a centre back look really good. Tempted to try and make him a first team regular/starter at DC.

Dier turned out pretty good for me anyway, as long as he gets plenty of game time and as you still have vertonghen he can tutor him.

i wanted to build my defence around him so i threw him straight in the first team.

Dier is a pretty reliable RB but surprisingly, he plays very well sitting in front of a back four at the base of a 433. Consistently acheived 7.5+ ratings.

Bentaleb might just be one of my favorite FM players this year, he has everything you want in a central midfielder. Mason as done well for me and managed to avoid serious injuries but his spot will be challenged by Dele Alli who has decent potential.

United always seem to want to offload their defenders, especially if they are not doing well in the league, so one of Smalling and/or Jones can be picked up for a reasonable price to shore up the back line. I don't really trust Fazio and he fetches a decent sum.

i can never sell fazio, and i never have any faith in him when he plays.

chiriches is a strange one, so highly rated in FM but such a poor player in reality. in a previous save he was immense for me and top clubs willing to pay £30 for him, i kept him around to tutor some players as his memental attributes are decent.

• 2 weeks later...
i can never sell fazio, and i never have any faith in him when he plays.

chiriches is a strange one, so highly rated in FM but such a poor player in reality. in a previous save he was immense for me and top clubs willing to pay £30 for him, i kept him around to tutor some players as his memental attributes are decent.

Fazio was excellent for me as a rotation option. I had hm for 4 years, playing around 20 league matches a season, and he always did fine - didn't set the world alight but was solid. I got rid of Chiriches a bit hastily; I sold him in the first January and he went on to have a good 4 or 5 years at Napoli.

After 3 season I can finally say that my side won the Premier League.

Scored a massive 116 goals but conceded 43 which I'm not too happy about.

Kane

P 41 | Goals 45

Ings

P 35 | Goals 36 *Not bad for a £2.3m signing*

Depay

P 53 | Goals 21 | A 29

Lamela

P 35 | Goals 16 | A 30

Also got to the Champs League Final against Barcelona, after full time it was 4-4 and it ended 7-6 on extra-time... was very stressful but I was pleased with the lads. Depay played his heart out and got 4 goals on the night.

Onwards and upwards for the next season.

Current Transfers

IN

Tomohiro Yamada £3m

Danny Cortez £74K

Matteo Gerardi £925K

Juan Carlos Loan £24K p/m

OUT

Yedlin £10m

Soldado Free

Papadopoulos £4.6m

Mason £9.25m

Babacar £14.75m

Mainly signed youngsters to blood in at a later stage.

First league game played against Swansea at Home, won 8-0.

Bought Roberts, Balanta, Hughes, Murphy, Barbosa (first time ive used him) and Matt Lowton on loan. Cost me 46m but managed to bring in 42m by flogging Adebayor, Chadli and Vertonghen who went for 30m to United.

Only lost one of the first seven games which was against Chelsea away, Beat city and drew with arsenal so am second at the time being.

finished my first season on the latest pactch qualifying for champions league in 4th. but i won all the cups in a long season. i only lost 1 game up until January and then due to fixture congestion i ended up loosing

only 4 altogether. i was winning games 1-0 but drawing a lot of away games early on, but after a few tactical tweaks i finally got Kane scoring again and got back on track.

i played a 4411, with lamela as left winger and chadli on the right but both were injured most of the season, so townsend played on the left and jordan ibe on loan from liverpool player on the right, both were brilliant.

i managed to sell vertonghen for 35m to utd, paulinho to juve for 9m, capoue to valencia for 9m and fazio to newcastle for 9m.

i only brought in ashley williams for 5m and ibe on loan. in jan i brought munir on loan from barca.

i deceided to develop kyle walker-peters and cameron carter-vickers from the start with plenty of game time and tutoring, both are rather 4.5 stars potential at the end of the first season.

Dier has developed really well for me as have mason and beltaleb. (bentaleb rated 5 star potential) Onomah has also been developed but im thinking of retraining him as a winger.

il be looking to develop delle alli in the same way this season.

i sold adebyor for 8m he did really well for me with around 20 goals in all comps, and sold townsend for 33m to city i couldnt say no.

i will try to develop patrick robert from fulham on the left wing as his replacement.

i was thinking of singing james wilson on loan as cover for Kane, but baldini struck a deal with inter for Icardi for 15m so i took him.

i brought depay to play on the right wing for 20m.

i brought ashley cole for 300k to tutor walker-peters.

i was looking to buy berardi and agreed 15m with sussolo but juve werent having it. so when juve completed ownership i offered again and the negotiated to 195m! no thanks.

my only gripe at the moment in the my midfield lacks aggression and bite. i really like stambouli but he has not played as much in 4411 system and non of the other midfielders are as good at winning the ball back. Juve are interested in stambouli as well at around 15m.

iv brought a few youngsters in to develop over time too.

look forward to champions league and further developing the young players in the squad.

Really looking to work with these promising youngsters in the future.

Tomohiro Yamada - Bought from Osaka AC for £3mil [Currently on loan at Espanyol]

O5u9prk.png

Stephen Onyilo - Bought from Enugu Rangers for £500K [Currently on loan at ADO Den Haag]

zVsxx4n.png

Danny Cortez - Bought from Espoli for £74K [Currently on loan at Toronto FC]

n9nloGl.png

Stijn Werkhoven - Bought from Hercales for £1.3m [Currently on loan at Nottm Forest]

aaea2aW.png

Ismael Azzaoui - Free from Anderlecht [Currently on loan at Blackburn]

o6pwhW0.png

Matteo Gerardi - Bought from KRC Genk for £925K [Currently on loan at Lechia]

2xqnWNz.png

Adam Donnelly - Product of the Youth Team [Currently on loan at Blackburn]

Galq1Ff.png

Some prices were a lil high, but hopefully it will be worth it at a later date. Not sure if I'm hyping one or two up too much though.

Thoughts?

Just added a fifth trophy to my haul - the League Cup in season five - and could be on course for back-to-back league titles too. Not bad considering my three best players (Lloris, Kane and Jordan Henderson) are all out with long term injuries. If there's one thing you learn on this game it's how important a top class 'keeper is. I've got Glover filling in and he's doing fine, but he ain't anywhere near as reliable as Hugo.

My first choice XI is a 4-3-1-2 that's something like this now:

SK-D Lloris

FB-S Walker

CD-D Hinostroza (newgen)

CD-D Vertonghen

CWB-A Bernat

RPM Henderson

BWM-D Kramer

DLP-S De Bruyne

AP-A Onomah

DLF-S Kane

CF-A Renan Gorne (a recent replacement for Gabriel Barbosa who I sold to Man Utd for £85m - the club's not doing well financially and I couldn't turn that down)

It satisfies me to have 5 players in the first team so far in to the game that start at the club. I also have a few good back-ups in the squad too; Dier, Veljkovic, Davies, and Glover.

finished my second season as league champions!

after finishing 4th last year i was just hoping to get another top 4 finish but i was 1st from day 1, winning the league with 2 games to go.

Harry Kane smashed all the records this season. i had aimed for 38 goals in the league (1 goal per game) and he did just that, and i had to rest him for 4 of the games.

he ended up with 51 goals in 51 appearances in all comps. he also got player of the year with ave rating of 8.06.

I also had a very suprising run in the champions league getting all the way to the final only to loose 2-1 to chelsea.

after getting through the group i treated the competition as a bonus and the draw was kind with first ajax and then benfica before getting barca in the semi.

somehow manages to grind a 0-0 away and the kane nicked a goal at home to get us into the final.

Kane scored 13 in the champions league finishing as top scorer.

Depay as right winger and Lemela on the left scored and assisted all season, as did Eriksen.

Dier, Bentaleb and Mason have developed really well, as have Onomah, Dele Alli, Carter-Vickers, Walker-Peters and Butland.

the spine of team is looking strong for years to come.

im looking to bring Bale back this season and Pogba is interested although i wouldnt want to drop Bentaleb or Mason.

Just started a Tottenham save after reading this thread.

Transfers so far:

In

Musacchio - 11m

Dragovic - 9m

Ayew - 4.5m

Depay - 25m

Ajer - Free

Vallejo - 1.1m

Sisto - 4.8m

Out

Vertonghen - 32m

Rose - 10m

Adebayor - 7m

Chiriches - 12m

Paris SG beat me to Sneijder and Barcelona beat me to Nkoulou.

At the moment i just feel like i'm buying players to make a good profit on next season. Then the real build will start.

Quick question...how is everyone managing to sell their unwanted players? Are you offering them out without putting them on the transfer list, transfer listing them or waiting for an interested club to make an offer?

Same question as the poster before me.

Also; In the first january-window; Who could I get to be in a rotation with Kaboul and Verthongen? Maybe even taking either of the forementioned players spot.

Getting rid of unwanted players is always gonna be hard, just try to give them game time to increase interest.

For Rotation/Potential for Kaboul and Vertonghen, look at Balanta, Mammana to buy, but also don't forget about Eric Dier

• 2 months later...

Civ v has been off line so another quick season, original squad, conventional 4123. Both seasons played with no tactic changes, just pressing continue while watching TV.

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages-11_zpskqkikhd7.png

Started a game earlier this week. Bought Delph and Lacazette. Also got Jese (Real Madrid) on a free loan in January. Delph is an absolute beast in CM A role, 13 goals for the moment. Lacazette isn't performing as expected, only got 5 goals and 6 assist in 18 games.

Kane is my main striker, 27 goals. But Soldado is a great backup with 18 goals.

Lamela scores for fun too, but I can't get Eriksen right. In which role are you using him?

First in the league, 2 points ahead of Chelsea in February and remaining in all the other cup.

• 2 weeks later...

6. season and my first-choice lineup is:

Lukaku (adv)

CR(IFs) Odegaard(APs) Bale (IFs)

Pogba(BoB)WC-regen(CMd)

Sandro(cwb)Balanta(cd)Umtiti(cd)Mario Fernandez (cwb)

Lloris(SKa)

Pretty good. Amount of money you get from new stadium is sick. Only original players with Lloris are Davied and Walker as 2. choices. Both are good also. Eriksen wanted to leave badly after 2. season even though I won champions league and finished 3. premier and so did Lamela. I have won champions league four times a row, seasons 2-5 which I think is crazy. Premier league I have only won twice so far 4. and 5. season.

• 1 month later...

Spent 80 million in the summer window and sold over 80 million worth of players. I am currently top of the league with no losses and haven't got knocked out in any comps.

Tips on who to sign:

-Depay, dude's an absolute beast, Chadli is not good enough at all and depay is a great improvement. Got him for around 15mil in the first summer.

-Balanta, you gotta get this guy, he's the best centerback in all of fm. 5 mil from the first summer window.

-Timo Horn, bought on a free in the second summer for backup, great option, but you have to play him in cup competitions or against weak opponents or he will ask to leave.

-Verratti, great buy, bought him in the second summer for around 25mil, he dominates the midfield. I sold both Paulinho and Dembele so I needed young midfield improvements.

-Ramires bought for 10mil and sold immediately in the next window for the same amount, bought him for backup.

-Ross Barkley, bought him for a steal at 12mil in the second summer, 4 star potential and is not bad at long shots.

-Kranevitter, people say he's an fm beast, pretty good of a CDM for me and I use him sometimes. Young and has room for development.

-Ruben Vezo and Joel Matip, bought both of them, for around 12m each. I sold Vertonghen to Utd for 32mil and Chiriches for over 10mil. Needed Center-backs and bought some young center backs that could develop into superstars.

-John Stones, bought for under 20mil in the first window and he's really damn good. Him and Balanta are my first choice CB's and I rotate them with Vezo and Matip.

-Ferreyra, great striker, bought him for options up front, needed more firepower as I sold Soldado and Adebayor. Loaned berahino out second season and loaned kane out the third season.

-Lacazette, my main man up front, scored 30+ goals for me last season. bought for around 15m, not bad at all.

-Clyne, my main right back, sold kyle walker and naughton for almost 20mil and used 12mil to buy clyne.

-Tielemans, one of the best developing CM's of fm15. A must buy if you have extra money. Search him up if you don't know him. Dude's one of the best when he gets older.

-Humam Tariq, another sick young talent. Great CAM for backup. Eriksen is my first choice.

-Bilal Ould Chikh, also a young talent, plays at right wing, waiting for him to develop and replace lamela in the future.

-Vaclav Cerny, sick buy at 7m, develop him into a Depay replacement as he is only 18 in my save at 2016 November.

-Andrew Robertson, Potential to be a great LB to replace Ben Davies as he gets older. Sold my Danny Rose because I preferred Davies a lot more. Crossing, Tackling etc, Davies does better than Rose.

That's about everyone I bought, except for some younger players for the U21 squad and old experienced players such as Dante for backup.

My best formation is 4-2-4 Wide and also 3-3-3-1 DM Wide against smaller teams, can get you tons of goals and you can control the game.

http://postimg.org/image/b9vhfwcqn/

Archived