FM15: Tottenham Hotspur - Always Take Lamela With You

enders357

Whoever it was talking up Stambouli was absolutely right. I barely used him in the first few months but come December I had injuries stacking up and he had a 5 or 6 game run in the team and was just brilliant - it's now April in my save and he's still undroppable. He harries and tackles brilliantly; it's actually a pleasure to watch.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know if winning the Europa League earns you a Champions League spot? I know it's the case in real life from this season but can't see that info anywhere in the competition rules in game.

Yeah it does buddy, happened to me season 1.

Yeah it does buddy, happened to me season 1.

I just won it too! So happy after slipping up in my penultimate league game and ending up sixth when two victories would have secured fourth. The only frustrating part is that Arsenal finish in the customary position one place and one point above us - which would have been satisfying as they wouldn't qualify for the Champions League in fifth, but they bloody won the Champions League itself. Always going one better than us. Just the six English teams in next season's Champions League on my save then :s

I just won it too! So happy after slipping up in my penultimate league game and ending up sixth when two victories would have secured fourth. The only frustrating part is that Arsenal finish in the customary position one place and one point above us - which would have been satisfying as they wouldn't qualify for the Champions League in fifth, but they bloody won the Champions League itself. Always going one better than us. Just the six English teams in next season's Champions League on my save then :s

Haha 6 teams is ridiculous.

I'm 5 games deep into season 4 now, relatively decent start. Given £27m to spend following winning the league in season 3, but my squad is perfectly good so i'll save the budget until Jan in case of serious injuries.

Haha 6 teams is ridiculous.

I'm 5 games deep into season 4 now, relatively decent start. Given £27m to spend following winning the league in season 3, but my squad is perfectly good so i'll save the budget until Jan in case of serious injuries.

I got a pretty decent kitty at the end of season one that I topped up with some sales so I've just made some changes to my sqaud (I played mostly with the original squad in season one, barring a couple of January additions).

Sold:

Capoue (unhappy, wanted out when AC Milan bid for him)

Dembele (complained when I wouldn't let him go to Juventus in January and sulked for the rest of the season so I let him move in the summer)

Naughton (going to use Yedlin as back up)

Assou-Ekotto (let him leave in January, was only playing U21s anyway)

Adebayor (Hardly ever played after Harry Kane went nuts and scored 28 league goals!)

Chadli (useless for me in season one)

Lennon

Townsend

Chiriches (Roma came in with big money and he hadn't done much that I couldn't easily replace and I had my eye on Musacchio anyway)

Bought:

Juan Bernat (fell out with Bayern so I snapped him up. Pretty excited)

Tielemans (the future of my midfield)

William Carvalho (Been playing Stambouli as a Half-Back and wanted a rotation option who can improve significantly)

Memphis Depay (Looks like a great addition for the left, planning to use him as a Ramdeuter)

Yarmolenko (nabbed him on a free, will rotate with Depay)

Jay Rodriguez (more my type of winger, will cover Lamela and Kane)

Mateo Musacchio

And a young striker and goalkeeper both on frees from Castilla. The striker *might* turn out good with some work, but the 'keeper has great potential and is already as good as Vorm.

It does mean that a lot of my squad is very young (we now have the youngerst squad in the Premier League and most of my first team are 23 or under) so the future looks bright, but the present might be a bit shakey. I must keep hold of Lloris, Vertonghen, Fazio, Soldado for their experience and probably try and bring someone in too. Someone in the Scotty Parker mould a few years back.

Cool, don't lose faith with Stambouli I gave him a chance October time after constantly playing Capoue and he has been there ever since!!!

Had to go and find this old post so I could say thanks - I gave Stambouli a chance in December when I had a lot of injuries and he's been the mainstay of my midfield ever since. Absolute class, runs all day and tackles and breaks up play all the time. Love watching him!

Bernat is brilliant on this game. I have a Bayern save and the only reason he doesn't start for me is because of Alaba. Turned down £25million on a couple of occasions for him. Great coup

I did a season as Bayern too and he was excellent for me - both in defence and as a wide forward. Scored and made loads despite not being rated as highly others in that position.

Finally found a tactic that works, what you guys think of this team?

Lloris

Walker

Mussachio

Balanta

Alex sandro

Capoue

Eriksen

Romero

Depay

Lamela

Berahino

Looks good, your centre back pairing is awesome. If I was you I would replace Capoue in the DM position for someone like Lucas Romero... I bought him in my first season and has been immense for me.

EDIT: - Should learn to read before posting :) I can see you have Romero in your team already.

Current first team in November Season 4 (17/18). No changes from the team that won the league in Season 3.

Formations change from 4-3-3 (1 DM, 2 CMs, 2IFs, 1 Striker) to 4-3-3 (2 CMs, 1 CAM, 2 IFs, 1 Striker) so i'll just give players rather than roles.

Lloris

Walker

Fazio

Balanta

Rose

Bentaleb/McCarthy

Ward-Prowse/Tielemans

Eriksen

Lamela

Sterling

Barbosa

I realise my full backs could be stronger, but i'm trying to keep a decent Homegrown contingent in my squad. The majority of my subs are Promising homegrown players also.

Having trouble mananing Tottenham. Going for a new start. Sold most of the team. Brougth another team! Unfortunately this is the way I like to manage teams.

Start of season one:

GK - Lloris/Vorm

DR - Clyne/Dier --- Walker when fit

DL - Davis/Rose

DC - Nkoulou/Kaboul

DC - Balanta/Fazio

MC - Bradley/Gago

MC - Dembele/Lucas Romero/Tielemans

AMR - Lamela/Townsend/Adama Traoré

AML - Depay/Andre Ayew

AMC - Eriksen --- Munir/Lamela/Ayew when needed

ST - Munir/Doumbia/Kane

As I said, I sold lots of players, notably Vertonghen (50 M euros), Paulinho (47,5 M), Chadli (20 M), Capoue (20M), Chiriches (20 M) ... Total sales of around 200 M euros. So I still have have lots of funds to invest if needed.

Also have brougth some youngsters that I've sent on loan (Stambouli is also on loan). Thinking of briging Ruben Neves aswell.

Depay was 16,5 M euros opposite to 28 M in a previous save. Hope that in this save his potencial is not lower.

Do you think is possible to reach the top 4?

The team is skillful enough, the problem is going to be getting the team to gel quickly & getting them adapted to your tactics, however it is you choose to play i'm sure it's going to take a while to get all of those new players used to each other & the play style.

Having trouble mananing Tottenham. Going for a new start. Sold most of the team. Brougth another team! Unfortunately this is the way I like to manage teams.

Start of season one:

GK - Lloris/Vorm

DL - Davis/Rose

DC - Nkoulou/Kaboul

DC - Balanta/Fazio

MC - Bradley/Gago

AML - Depay/Andre Ayew

ST - Munir/Doumbia/Kane

As I said, I sold lots of players, notably Vertonghen (50 M euros), Paulinho (47,5 M), Chadli (20 M), Capoue (20M), Chiriches (20 M) ... Total sales of around 200 M euros. So I still have have lots of funds to invest if needed.

Also have brougth some youngsters that I've sent on loan (Stambouli is also on loan). Thinking of briging Ruben Neves aswell.

Depay was 16,5 M euros opposite to 28 M in a previous save. Hope that in this save his potencial is not lower.

Agree with tbtower. U have bought and sold so much I would doubt it! Team need to gel and settle. I managed to finish 3rd first season with 6/7 new signings but throughout the season I broke them in early!!!

Start of season one:

GK - Lloris/Vorm

DL - Davis/Rose

DC - Nkoulou/Kaboul

DC - Balanta/Fazio

MC - Bradley/Gago

AML - Depay/Andre Ayew

ST - Munir/Doumbia/Kane

Have to agree with the other commenters on this - the first season is realy tough anyway as it always takes til about Christmas for any team to really settle in to your tactics and that will take even longer with the number of nerw signings you've made. I'd think you should aim for top 6 or 7 first season, realistically, and maybe a good cup run.

Just thought I'd pop in and say I'm surprised Thomas Glover hasn't been mentioned more in this thread, he's been great for me in the Portuguese Leagues and now I'm hoping in the Prem too :D

Some pics of his stats-

312wxmv.jpg

fylp4x.jpg

Wow! That is impressive, playing him clearly pays off. Im at the start of 2nd season with Spurs and he is improving but is only 3* potential. Not been loaned out as of yet but will seriously consider this now. Having a 20 alone is superb for him. Anyone had any success

with Onumah?!?! See he is in squad for Turkey tonight

Wow! That is impressive, playing him clearly pays off. Im at the start of 2nd season with Spurs and he is improving but is only 3* potential. Not been loaned out as of yet but will seriously consider this now. Having a 20 alone is superb for him. Anyone had any success with Onumah?!?! See he is in squad for Turkey tonight

I'm about 10 games in to my second season and I have Onomah on loan at Leeds in the Championship. He's not setting it alight but his stats have improved and I think next year I'll use him sparingly and see how he does. I've had him tutored by a couple of people and he seems to have improved, so there's a good chance of him making it, I reckon (but maybe not til he's 22/23 rathar than hitting the first team at 18 or 19).

How about Veljkovic - anyone have any luck with him? He's at Perugia in Serie A on loan in my second season and has a >7.00 average rating. I'm hopeful he could be a really useful squad player.

Had some joy with him on FM14 oddly, but not so much this year.

Start of season one:

GK - Lloris/Vorm

DL - Davis/Rose

DC - Nkoulou/Kaboul

DC - Balanta/Fazio

MC - Bradley/Gago

AML - Depay/Andre Ayew

ST - Munir/Doumbia/Kane

Finished 6th, 1 point behind Liverpool (5th), 10 points from Arsenal (4th). Lost with Juventus in Europa League semi-final. Not that good in others cups. Somewhere in december I had a terrible run (went down to 15th), board wanted to fire me but I managed to survive and recover. Clearly I need to improve my defending in tatics. Qualified for Europa League, my personal objetive was to qualify for Champions League in first season, even if only by winning the Europa League. So I will have a new save/start with Spurs. I like Tottenhem precisely because I can buy/sell and make my own team.

Wow! That is impressive, playing him clearly pays off. Im at the start of 2nd season with Spurs and he is improving but is only 3* potential. Not been loaned out as of yet but will seriously consider this now. Having a 20 alone is superb for him. Anyone had any success

with Onumah?!?! See he is in squad for Turkey tonight

I've been playing him in Europa League in my first season and he's been excellent. Through 4 games, he has 5 assists and a 7.9 average rating. I've wanted to give him a runout in the Premier League, but Ericksen has been even better so far in the season.

Finished 6th, 1 point behind Liverpool (5th), 10 points from Arsenal (4th). Lost with Juventus in Europa League semi-final. Not that good in others cups. Somewhere in december I had a terrible run (went down to 15th), board wanted to fire me but I managed to survive and recover. Clearly I need to improve my defending in tatics. Qualified for Europa League, my personal objetive was to qualify for Champions League in first season, even if only by winning the Europa League. So I will have a new save/start with Spurs. I like Tottenhem precisely because I can buy/sell and make my own team.

I hoenstly would just keep going, if you keep starting again you'll likely run into the same problem with getting your team and tactics to gel.

How about Veljkovic - anyone have any luck with him? He's at Perugia in Serie A on loan in my second season and has a >7.00 average rating. I'm hopeful he could be a really useful squad player.

No luck so far! I have a few good regens from the youth that look like they could make it. One centre back with 4* potential and labelled the next Ledley King!! Glover could make it, Onamah I don't think will.

played a few games so far in my first season, just up to september intls (spent quite a long time in pre-season with staff/shortlists & tweaking tactics)

main transfer off the top of my head

IN

Tielemans - £9m +add ons potentially 11.25m - loaned back to anderlecht until jan15

Depay - 15m with add ons potentially 22m

Coric - 1.3 -loaned back to dinamo until next end of season

Doumbia - 8.5m

Phil Jones - 23m

Balanta - 9.75m (hasn't played yet - had a longish injury at river about 3months out, should be coming back in 2wks potentially)

Rod Fanni - 525k -needed reliable cover for Walker, could've went with Dier i suppose but he isn't trained up enough yet for rb plus his crossing is a bit poor

Pavel Savitsky (sp) -picked him up on a free couldn't get a work permit so gonna have to try loan him out in Jan when he arrives or get a wp feeder

Out

Adebayor - 8m to liverpool but i have got to pay him 23k until 2016 but i just wanted him off the books, despite him having the stats for a decent target man i don't really like him

Vertonghen - 38.5m to man utd, wanted to leave for barca within the first week i started only utd came in for him so off he went

think they were the main ones, over hauled the staff, kept alot of the youth staff for now, don't wanna sack ledley king but his stats are pretty poor

pre-season went ok until i played Watford where they thumped me 3-0 and then i drew with Reading 2-2 afterwards, had me worried i was going to get steam rollered in the prem...especially as my first 3 fixtures were Arsenal (A), Man City (H) and West Ham (A)

needless to say i beat Arsenal at the Emirates on my first match, Lennon of all people popping up in the 80th minute to secure a great 1-0 win, we outplayed them all over the pitch and they had a few injuries, think their number 1 was Martinez, Wilshere was also out for the game

Next up Man City to the lane, a team i've always found seem to be one of those you score 4 we score 5, and in the first half hour we outplayed them unlucky not to be 2 up atleast, then Jones plays a poor backpass that Aguero fires into the back of the net, then we grab two goals back through Doumbia and i try and save the lead but in the 89th min Dzeko pops up unmarked at the far post from a corner to tap in

West ham was a really weird game, we started the brighter of the two hitting the bar a few times through Depay but out of nowhere Zarate pops up with 2 goals before HT, so had a bit of a moan and low and behold a completely different team, with Depay bagging his first goal and then setting up Doumbia to score another 2, we come out 3-2 winners and go into the intl break sitting nicely in 5th

0b135ed004.png

Current squad, currently on 5th season. Pretty good but looking for areas to improve. Got Kenedy as a sub to take Destro's spot in a few years, although Destro has been great following the departure of Alcacer (Dortmund triggered his release fee after just 1 year :/)

Speaking of which, I suck at building youth players, any tips for that?

Schneiderlin could never get used to the DM position. He never really shined for me there, and I got him on my 2nd season so he has had time to adapt. Hes a rotation player nowadays. Stambouli was incredible for my more recent seasons, but I got Ajer and was impressed so much by his attributes that I decided to give him a shot and he was great. Him and Stambouli are pretty similar so I rotate them a fair amount, but I definitely prefer Ajer.

If you don't like or not using Paulinho and Soldado, you could offer them up for sale for around 37m(Paulinho) and 20m(Soldado). Both using 48 months installment plan.
Soldado is tearing it up for me. He has 22 goals in 20 games in the league. A couple of games back when he was on 18, Aguero was the next closest in the league on 10.

Don't start again! That's not a bad first season and you'll likely do much better in season two, especially if you keep the same tactics as the team will be much more used to them. If you start again you're only going to have the same problem again. I don't know, to me 6th seems pretty realistic and the challenge I'd be excited about would be trying to better that in season two rather than just re-doing that first season.

Schneiderlin could never get used to the DM position. He never really shined for me there, and I got him on my 2nd season so he has had time to adapt. Hes a rotation player nowadays. Stambouli was incredible for my more recent seasons, but I got Ajer and was impressed so much by his attributes that I decided to give him a shot and he was great. Him and Stambouli are pretty similar so I rotate them a fair amount, but I definitely prefer Ajer.

Stambouli's the hidden gem in this squad. Seems to take everyone a little while to realise it but he's solid, really solid. I really rate him.

0b135ed004.png

Current squad, currently on 5th season. Pretty good but looking for areas to improve. Got Kenedy as a sub to take Destro's spot in a few years, although Destro has been great following the departure of Alcacer (Dortmund triggered his release fee after just 1 year :/)

What skin's that you're using? Where did you get it?

I love working with youth players. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing kids you've had at the club for years playing in the first team.

My first tip would be to concentrate mainly on ones with high determination attribute as they're far more likely to reach their potential ability.

Make sure you get anyone with a good PA tutored, and as soon as a tutelage stops get them another tutor. This can have a dramatic affect on their stats, as long as the tutor is the right type of person (for example, can you imagine Adebayor being a good role model for a kid? No. But a hard working player like Aaron Lennon would probably do a good job).

Make sure anyone with decent potential is moved up to your U21 side as soon as possible so they're playing against better players, and try to give all your decent kids games in the league cup. This will have the added bonus of bringing them to the attention of lower division clubs who might want to take them on loan, which I highly recommend (as long as that club is going to play them in your favoured position and play them regularly). I usually like to get a kid out on loan until he's up to about a 2 star CA and then use them as back up to the first team. Get them starting cup games amd coming on as sub for 20-30 mins in the league when you can. It's amazing how much they'll improve when played in games of that standard.

The next thing is to be a bit brave with them and put them in the first team regularly as soon as they're ready. If I have a kid with big potential I tend to put them in the first team ahead of an older player who has already reached their maximum potential when yhe youngster is still a little behind the older player in CA. It's risky in the short term but it's hugely important to their development.

Oh, and, of course, make sure you're regularly asking the board to improve the youth/training facilities, youth recruitment and junior coaching. The better the latter two are the better kids you'll get in each year, and the better the former the faster they'll develop. On the same strength make sure you get decent youth coaches. I always look for ones with good attirbutes for working with youngsters, man management and motivating and then try and get a spread of good coaching attributres for defending, attacking, technical, tactical etc among them all.

Great post above Enders, working with youths is one of my favourite aspects of the game too!

I always have dreams of finding an affiliate which would essentially act as a competitive youth side but it never really works out that way and ultimately I end up loaning them all over the place.

Anybody actually managed this with some good results?

So I am in the process of loading up a Spurs game a YID at heart always have and always will be.

Now my question is to you what players are seriously worth keeping and what are worth binning off straight away for cash.

I know we have a huge squad with fantastic talent and can really do something and enjoy a great save.

I want to see the Spurs players progress like Mason, Benteleb and Kane but also what players should I be looking at to bring into the side?!?!

Please help me out with some advice some great saves going on and looking to join in the journey!!

So I am in the process of loading up a Spurs game a YID at heart always have and always will be.

Now my question is to you what players are seriously worth keeping and what are worth binning off straight away for cash.

I know we have a huge squad with fantastic talent and can really do something and enjoy a great save.

I want to see the Spurs players progress like Mason, Benteleb and Kane but also what players should I be looking at to bring into the side?!?!

Please help me out with some advice some great saves going on and looking to join in the journey!!

Kane and Bentaleb will, don't waste your time with Mason, FM haven't done much with him as he has only just broke through. You can get £40m for Vertonghen which in the grand scheme of things is a great offer to spend the money. Adebayor is another people tend to rid of as well as Dembele. In experience Stambouli is a must keep first season!

Haha! Still, he could come good... just like Soldado could in real life ;)

I bought Bony in my third season with Spurs and he's been on fire as a Complete Forward up top with Max Kruse, 24 goals in 26 (4 sub apps). Lost him for the African Nations and games took some winning without him.

why can i not find kristoffer ajer? running large db with alot of the main euro leagues and brazil & argentina

He plays in Norway, so my guess is you dont have that loaded. I bought him in a later season from Bayern rather than straight from the start as Stambouli was a complete machine.

Thanks for the tips on youth development enders. Just one thing, I play Classic Mode and I dont think I can select tutors, any advise on that?

I always sell both Adebayor and Soldado as they arent very good, and bring in a good young striker that is about Soldado level. In this save I brought in Paco Alcacer who proved to be incredible as he scored 40 goals in just his second season. Kane was good backup for him. Bentaleb is a little harder to fit in because you have solid CMs in Dembele and Paulinho, so I used him as backup as well. In general, what I did was spend all my budget on a great Striker, and bring in a good young CDM to fit in my 4231, as I didnt like Capoue.

Yeah I don't have Norway loaded didn't really think of it as a big league to load, I mean odegard is on my save but not Ajer

Yeah I've used Stambouli quite a bit but atletico Madrid are interested in Capoue so if I ship him off who should I sign? Had a 6.5m bid for Kranevitter accepted if he does leave (Lucas Romero joined Ajax)

Great post above Enders, working with youths is one of my favourite aspects of the game too!

Thanks mate. I had a 10 or 12 season save on FM13 with Athletic Bilbao and that's where I really started loving the youth development side of the game )it being the only real way they can get decent players, thanks to their self-imposed Basque only rule).

Good question..... Think Danish or Norwegian! Get him off memory for like £100K at start!

Just snapped him up midway through season two for £800k. Pretty excited by him - the fact he was described as the new Pirlo here has made him about my favourite in-game player already ;)

Thanks for the tips on youth development enders. Just one thing, I play Classic Mode and I dont think I can select tutors, any advise on that?

Sorry, I don't know much bout classic mode. There's probably some good blog posts if you get on Google - it's amazing how addicted some people get to this game ;)

Archived