FM15: Tottenham Hotspur - Always Take Lamela With You

enders357

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I dismissed him due to his low aggression and bravery. I eventually want to mould the team in to quite an aggressive and hard working one. I have all my scouts out looking so I hope they can turn something up, otherwise I may go with Zozulya from Dnipro

I think the big challenge with Spurs this year is to try it with the first transfer window turned off - that starting squad is going to struggle without some good management and tactics so getting through to January without any additions really adds some pressure.

Massively disagree.......

1st season. I'm first in Prem. Won Carling Cup (Against the scum), Semi Final of FA cup (against huddersfield, so I'll be in final), 2nd Knockout round of Europa League after demolishing Athletic Club 9-3 on agg. Already won 1-0 away at Ajax.

My transfers in are only

Reuben Neves from Porto (hardly played, future star) £17m

Sergi Roberto on loan from Barca (cancelled after 2 months)

Yedlin of course.

and Berahino (bought 7th Jan) for £22.5.

Outgoings

Dembele to Monaco for £9.5mil - they offered, his lack of vision annoys me in real life as well as on here.

Assou Ekotto for £2.1mil - obvious.

Paulinho to Juve in Jan for £10mil

Lennon to Newcastle in Jan for £10mil

Ciriches to Lazio in Jan for £9.5mil

No cheats, no amazing secrets. Just a good tactic I guess? (How I'd want Spurs to play in real life, and true to their philosophy).

Kane's played pretty much every game as Defensive Striker

Soldado as Complete striker - scored 38 goals in 40 games.

Played Mason 25 games (11 starts) even though he's shocking, because I love the lad irl.

Adebayor played as backup, played 17 games (7 starts) scoring 4 goals, but has thrown huge strop (lol) so is in the U18's.......

I've even given games to Azzoui (4 1st team, 1 start), Carter-Vickets (1 cup game, started, scored, MoTM hah), and odd game for Velkovic and a few other youths.

:)

I'd upload screen grabs etc, but won't let me. Why can you only print screen as Webpage/Text or Printer? :\

Basically a 4-1-3-2 Attacking and Flexible

4 at back, not really tampered with them at all.

Was -

Rose, Vert, Kaboul, Naughton.

Then -

Davies, Vert, Kaboul, Walker -

when walker returned and Davies started outplaying Rose (although I rotate them both alot tbh). Naughton then got 3 month injury.

Both with Fazio as main back up CB, Dier as second back up (who's learning from Kaboom).

Capoue/Stamobuli as DM - Defensive Midfielder - Defend

Again not messed around with the position. Bentaleb and Neves as backup for bans/injuries/tiredness/fun. All have been pretty solid tbh.

Chadli/Townsend as AML - Winger - Support

Eriksen as AMC - Advanced Playmaker - Support

Lamela as AMR - Raumdeuter - Attack

Kane as ST(centre right) - Deep Lying Forward - Support

Soldado as ST(centre left) - Complete Forward - Attack

Adebayor/Berahino/Mason have been back up. Adebayor for both places, Berahinho for Kane's (if Soldado is out Kane goes as complete forward), and Mason in Kane's spot when Soldado was injured and Adebayor was in Africa fannying about.

Mason's played DM/AMC/ST for me, and hasn't done badly, rating only 6.93 and scored 2 goals, 6 assists.

With Retain Possession, Shorter Passing, Pass into Space, Work Ball into Box, Look for Overlap, Player Wider, Push Higher Up, Close Down More and Much Higher Tempo all active.

That's it really.... Kaboul Capt, Lloris VC.

Can't think of anything else I've changed????

Yup. Originally I had a MC but found I was leaking a few too many games for me......

Not like I'm winning everythign either. Lost to Manure (Lost away, drew at home) and The Scum in league. (Scum beat me 3-0 at lane, we drew 2-2 at Emirates). Drew with Chelski at home, yet to play away. Beat Liverpool home and away. Drew with West Ham at home and lost to West brom away.

Then the rest wins....

I did demolish Man City 6-0 in Carling Cup Quarter final.... and beat them at home in league. Away game to play.

Oh and I got rid of Poch's 2 staff, (kept D'agonistino) and bought in Steve Clark as AssMan (quality too), David Bentley as U21 coach, Jamie Redschnapps as Coach and Ivan Carminati as Fitness Coach.

Good work enders357! Just starting a new save now with Tottenham. There are very few players I like currently at Tottenham so massive overhaul will happen I think!!!! Lots of determination..... unlike the current team. Vertonghen is gone for £37.5m to United with

Eder Balanta in for £7.5m. Adebayor is also gone for £9m with Paco Alcacar in for £15.5m. Looking to sign Will Hughes and Ward-Prowse. Confident of Ward-Prowse due to Southampton wanting Naughton and Lennon. Also, keen on a FM favourite of mine in Mateo

Kovacic!!!! Inter want £40m at the moment, hoping to tempt them with Paulinho!!!

I haven't bought any. Interested to know the answer to this too - doesn't seem to be any quality available cheap at the start, unless I've missed it (which I probably have!)
Seydou Doumbia?
Good shout. I'm going to scout Talisca too.

Was trying to thrash out a deal for him and missed the news item that he had been offered a new contract which he went on to sign.

I have now signed Simone Zaza, quite liked his flair rating should come in handy when I play defensive teams at home he cost a bit as well tho just over 16 mil

Doumbia for £10m aint bad.... worth a punt! With the beta I had success with Soldado and Kane in advanced forwards roles swapping. Then in the false nine I played Berahino with Lamela swapping. Lamela done really well retraining as a false nine and chipped in with goals!!!

This is interesting to me, as I really like to to play a narrow formation without wingers but Lamela being one of the best players at the club kind of forces your hand. Playing him centrally off a striker is a good shout. I might give a 4-4-2 Diamond a go...

Lloris

Walker ; Kaboul ; Vertonghen ; Rose

Capoue/Stambouli

Paulinho ; Eriksen

Lamela

Kane ; Soldado

Good work enders357!

Thanks, mate. After Spurs went behind so early in the Stoke game on Sunday I decided to spend the length of that match doing the OPs of this thread rather than paying attention to the game. I think I made the right decision, given what I've heard about that match!

Thanks, mate. After Spurs went behind so early in the Stoke game on Sunday I decided to spend the length of that match doing the OPs of this thread rather than paying attention to the game. I think I made the right decision, given what I've heard about that match!

The atmosphere at the lane is poison at the moment and to be honest the away games are just as bad, negative atmosphere, but I cant blame the fans to be honest!!!

This is interesting to me, as I really like to to play a narrow formation without wingers but Lamela being one of the best players at the club kind of forces your hand. Playing him centrally off a striker is a good shout. I might give a 4-4-2 Diamond a go...

Lloris

Walker ; Kaboul ; Vertonghen ; Rose

Capoue/Stambouli

Paulinho ; Eriksen

Lamela

Kane ; Soldado

I played:

GK- Lloris

RB- Naughton

CB- Fazio

CB- Jones

LB- Davies

DMC- (Halfback) Capoue

CM - (DLP) Ward-Prowse/Will Hughes

CM(A)- Eriksen

CM(A)- Dembele

F9- Lamela/Berahino

Adv. Forward- Soldado/Kane

All 4 strikers had 10 goals plus heading into November. Had both wing backs overlapping and staying out wide. Lamela got injured but when he did play he did well!! Kane was a beast though in the advanced forward role, he scored in 7 consecutive games and when Soldado stepped in, he chipped in as well. Worth looking into it!

The atmosphere at the lane is poison at the moment and to be honest the away games are just as bad, negative atmosphere, but I cant blame the fans to be honest!!!

I've only been to WHL once this season but I didn't enjoy the atmosphere at all. I used to love it, but the last 2 or 3 years its changed a lot; there's a real feeling of entitlement in the crowd. Like, Spurs should win playing wonderful football every week and qualify for the Champions Leage and anything else is unacceptable. I'm not really sure where it came from! It'll be interesting to see what happens as a result of Adebayor coming out saying the crowd are adding pressure to the team (which is definitely true, but I'm not sure he was the right man to come out with it).

I've only been to WHL once this season but I didn't enjoy the atmosphere at all. I used to love it, but the last 2 or 3 years its changed a lot; there's a real feeling of entitlement in the crowd. Like, Spurs should win playing wonderful football every week and qualify for the Champions Leage and anything else is unacceptable. I'm not really sure where it came from! It'll be interesting to see what happens as a result of Adebayor coming out saying the crowd are adding pressure to the team (which is definitely true, but I'm not sure he was the right man to come out with it).

Agreed completely. When your best performers are Mason and Kane and no offence to them you know something isn't right. Got to give Poch time but it all depends on how worse it gets before it gets better!!!

Agreed completely. When your best performers are Mason and Kane and no offence to them you know something isn't right. Got to give Poch time but it all depends on how worse it gets before it gets better!!!

I'm 100% behind Pochettino. We know he's a good manager so give him time to build his own team. We've had good managers before and sacked them when things weren't 100% perfect and look where it got us. I'm sure AVB would be doing a grand job if he was still there.

Hi all, doing a spurs save myself,

Sold-adebayor,paulinho, chirches and chadli.

Brought- el shaawary & ward-prowse.

Halfway through first season and looking good for top 4.

Only problem I'm having is a ridiculous amount of injuries, but also want to bring in some better coaches but restricted by amount allowed and there seems to be no option to request more coaches from the board like in previous years.

Can anyone help with this??

This will sound ridiculous, but given the way AVB was treated by Chelsea and Spurs it makes me genuinely happy to see how well he's doing at Zenit. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who misses him. I know there were a handful of disastrous results last season, but overall I was happy with him and if they'd actually signed some players he wanted he may have done even better.

Anyway, switiching my attention back to FM; who has been your best signings so far? I only really bought Musacchio in to the first team and he's done okay but not set the world alight.

Hi all, doing a spurs save myself,

Sold-adebayor,paulinho, chirches and chadli.

Brought- el shaawary & ward-prowse.

Halfway through first season and looking good for top 4.

Only problem I'm having is a ridiculous amount of injuries, but also want to bring in some better coaches but restricted by amount allowed and there seems to be no option to request more coaches from the board like in previous years.

Can anyone help with this??

Never signed El Shaawary myself on any version of the game (maybe the hair puts me off!). How's he doing? Where do you play him?

Yeah he's doing quite good at the moment. Got him and lamela as inside forwards on either wing. And lamela's smashing it so far!

Anyone else tried requesting more coached from board?

I tired but didn't get any. In fact, any board request I've made has been knocked back.

This will sound ridiculous, but given the way AVB was treated by Chelsea and Spurs it makes me genuinely happy to see how well he's doing at Zenit. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who misses him. I know there were a handful of disastrous results last season, but overall I was happy with him and if they'd actually signed some players he wanted he may have done even better.

Anyway, switiching my attention back to FM; who has been your best signings so far? I only really bought Musacchio in to the first team and he's done okay but not set the world alight.

El Shaawary worries me with his injuries although he prob is worth the gamble. I must admit my best valued transfer was Super Jan for £35m plus Phil Jones! But in terms of performance Josh Murphy done really well for me when I signed him on the BETA! Him and

Grealish were scoring for fun in Capitol One cup and Europa and assisting as well

Same at Everton mate. Quite shocking some of the vile abusive stuff that people write on the live forum come game time. They just assume we should beat everyone and play this wonderful free flowing football ;o)

Same at Everton mate. Quite shocking some of the vile abusive stuff that people write on the live forum come game time. They just assume we should beat everyone and play this wonderful free flowing football ;o)

My housemate is an Everton fan and he says that at Goodison at least the fans sing a bit. He came to WHL with me a couple of weeks back and was shocked by how often the away fans were allowed to be the loudest voice.

And yes, a household made of an Everton and a Tottenham fan can be a pretty miserable place ;)

Anyone signed Munir? I read somehwere he has a £10m release clause, which has to be worth a look.

No! Even offered him £60k a week, Barca offer him a contract as well and he always accepts them!!! Not saying its not impossible though, have seen people sign him with different teams

So this year i decided to continue with trying to manage Spurs the way i would like, and not put up with the tosh thats been served up in the last 2 1/2 seasons at the Lane.

I decided to go it alone and not download a tactic and develop my own.......whos says management is easy.... End of the first season and i am border line getting the sack, my first attempt at tactic development was a disaster.

First season stats:

PLD 38 W16 D8 L14 FOR 54 AG 51

So i decide to spend time trawling the threads to try and work out what is going wrong with my tactic and after some tinkering (unusual for me as i am a blatant .tac file thief) and with a good solid pre season i settled on the below formation:

4-2-3-1

I am now at the following:

PLD 19 W14 D2 L3 FOR 48 AG24

Transfers

Only significant transfer was Zaza

If you guys can help me with posting screenshots of player setup etc and links to tactics i am happy to share my good fortune with the rest of my fellow suffering Spurs fans.

Thanks!

i settled on the below formation:

4-2-3-1

I am now at the following:

PLD 19 W14 D2 L3 FOR 48 AG24

Transfers

Only significant transfer was Zaza

If you guys can help me with posting screenshots of player setup etc and links to tactics i am happy to share my good fortune with the rest of my fellow suffering Spurs fans.

Thanks!

bluespurs. Can you give some more input on your 4-2-3-1 to help other long suffering Spurs brothers? Cheers.

bluespurs. Can you give some more input on your 4-2-3-1 to help other long suffering Spurs brothers? Cheers.

Here goes....

Sweeper Keeper - def

Wingbacks - Auto

CB - def

CML - def

Roaming Playmaker - Support

Att Mid - Attack

Inside forward for both AMR/L on support

Poacher - Attack

Overload

Structured

Shorter Passing

Work ball in to box

Play narrower

Push Higher up

Close down much more

Get Stuck in

Much higher tempo

Still winning however since the latest update 15.1.3 my goal conversion rate is slipping, still creating loads but just not scoring as many, i am tinkering with setting the AMR/L to a raumdeuter to see if that helps..

will keep you posted.

1st Transfer window is now over, 2 weeks left but for me I am done. Gone for some interesting players so here goes!

Outs-

Vertonghen - £35m United

Soldado - £12m Wolfsburg

Adebayor- £7.5m Hoffenheim

BAE- £2.7m- WBA

Lennon- P/EX - Newcastle

Naughton- P/EX- Southampton

In-

Alcacar- £15.5m Valencia

Ben Yedder- £6.5m Toulouse

Eder Balanta- £6.5m River

James Ward-Prowse - £23.5m + Naughton- Southampton

Sissoko - £5.5m + Lennon - Newcastle

Sakai- £12.5m - Stuttgart

Also a few youngsters bought like Ajer, Vallejo, Fossum and Bonazzoli

Playing 2 formations:

4-1-3-2

GK- Lloris

RB- Sakai

CB- Fazio

CB- Balanta

LB- Davies

DMC- Capoue/Bentaleb

CM-(DLP) Ward-Prowse/Paulinho

CM-(A)- Eriksen

CM-(A)- Dembele/Sissoko

ST-(F9)- Lamela/Ben Yedder

ST- Adv.- Alcacar/Kane

or your standard wide 4-2-3-1. Sissoko was bought as he can play several positions. Main worry for me is keeping Townsend/Chadli happy as I prefer the first formation. I am re-training Lamela as a F9 and Chadli as a CM!

FIXTURE 1: Tottenham 2 V 1 Swansea - WHL - Bony (44min), Chiriches (66min), Davies (72min) Possession 54%/46%, 22 shots/6 shots.

Overall happy with the result but slightly worried with the lack of clear cut chances being created. All 3 goals came from set pieces as well!! Keep you updated

Archived