Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEGATIVES/SUGGESTIONS

Is there any chance at some point in FM games that a button that deselects the current selection is right next to the quick pick button instead of under the submenu next to quick pick?

Tactics Screen is still a big dissapointment for me. For years I have used that screen for team selection and now I am in my third season and have not once used that screen to select my squad.

Light Skin? I know there are skins onlne but I would have thought an official light skin should be an option.

Customizing menus is still a pain with columns not acting naturally when resizin/moving etc.

In the game when you use the quick sub option why is there not a list of positions (or at least the natural position) of the players on the subs bench?

Side Bar should be collapsable and customizable

Scouting - The first page that opens up is all known players. Maybe it should be shortlist first. This way when a large pool of players is collected it doesn't take too long to load up the scouting area

POSITIVES

Start with the obvious. Its a new FM, latest squads etc

Game engine graphics look great, as well as scenery/stadiums etc... match day experiemce seems much more involving. There are always going to be tweaks needed but over the past few editions of fm I feel at least the match engine and graphics have been moving in the right direction (unlike the team selection)

UI, As mentioned before team selection non collapsable/customizable sidebar and lack of a light skin aside, I am all for the new UI and am very happy with the layout

There are plenty more positives I mean I love this franchise and I lets be honest it is much easier to notice the things you dont like. I love the implementation of a RPG style element with manager style/courses/training involvement. I think this is an area that can be expanded over the next few editions.

The new attribute range. Fantastic.

Anyway good job guys.

Also:

The last few years I figured out a work around of not using Steam by locating the actual fm.exe file in my computer and fixing that link to my taskbar (I get an annoying message asking if my Mac will allow it to use my computer, can't change it no matter what).

This years is different. The file won't open and I have to go through Steam.

Has it just been a fluke until now or has something changed?

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

• Administrators
Downloaded a couple of tactics for FM15 put them in the tactics folder and keep getting "This file could not be imported"

they show in Archived tactics on the tactics screen.

Look at the top of the menu rather than inside 'Archived', should be listed there.

Have you actually purchased it yet then?

If yes, it might be because you have it disabled on your save (it was an option when you made the save)

I tried a couple of times but got the error message, waited a little while then went back to try and it just says Already Purchased

Just double checked and on my save it says In-Game Editor Allowed - Yes

Don't know if this is a known issue and its only a minor annoyance but, when a goal is scored and after the replay, some of my widgets are opened (I keep a few on screen but always minimised except for quick reference). Its always random which ones and sometimes its none. Anyone else have this?

Just noticed the same.

yes my widgets also open after replays

• Administrators
I tried a couple of times but got the error message, waited a little while then went back to try and it just says Already Purchased

Can you try reloading the skin in Preferences and see if that works please?

• Administrators
normal FM

Try saving your current tactic and see if the tactic then appears in the menu at the top.

• Administrators
scouting screen takes at least 30 seconds to load when i make changes to filters

Depending on the complexity of your player search filter, it could take longer as it is checking every player meets the criteria. What are you trying to use?

It might sound silly.. but does it say already purchased or does it say added to basket?

Depending on the complexity of your player search filter, it could take longer as it is checking every player meets the criteria. What are you trying to use?

even just adjusting sorting features for everyone in the database, or just 300 players takes 30 secs+, whatever i do, even going to the scouting screen takes ages +going back to it from a player profile

Nope not at all.

I've been playing around with different instructions tho, tried no offside trap and no tighter marking, but Get Stuck In instead and many others, nothing worked.

Hmm. Odd then! Not really seen that behaviour without the closing down instructions. Well, the awful marking on crosses happens from time to time, but I think that's actually WAD. Sometimes marking is just terrible in r/l, too. Low concentration + low marking can lead to that.

• Administrators
even just adjusting sorting features for everyone in the database, or just 300 players takes 30 secs+, whatever i do, even going to the scouting screen takes ages +going back to it from a player profile

Would you happen to have a large shortlist or lots of scout reports?

• Administrators
The pre-editor is not loading the database on Mac 10.10 i tried it on 2 machines

I'm able to do so, are you getting an error message of some kind?

I can no longer load tactics. When I try to import a tactic, the files that are *.tac don't show up. When I create a tactic and save it, it's saved as *.fmf. I tried renaming the tactics I had as .fmf, but still no dice.

Did I miss something?

I can no longer load tactics. When I try to import a tactic, the files that are *.tac don't show up. When I create a tactic and save it, it's saved as *.fmf. I tried renaming the tactics I had as .fmf, but still no dice.

Did I miss something?

If they are in your Tactics folder they will show up as archived. It threw me off at first aswell

also if they still aren't showing up then make sure there are no spaces in the title that can always throw off some file searches

If they are in your Tactics folder they will show up as archived. It threw me off at first aswell

also if they still aren't showing up then make sure there are no spaces in the title that can always throw off some file searches

I'll try that, but why would it suddenly drastically change from beta update to final?

EDIT: And still, nothing. The only tactics that show up are ones I just manually created after the update.

• Administrators
about 100-150 haha

Could possibly be worth posting in the tech issues forum, we'll be able to advise better there.

Did I miss something?

I'll try that, but why would it suddenly drastically change from beta update to final?

EDIT: And still, nothing. The only tactics that show up are ones I just manually created after the update.

This is what I find to be a workaround for the issue (which we've discovered and will investigate):

- Go to Manage Tactics in your Tactics Menu

- Import a Tactic.

- Save your current Tactic

- The Imported Tactic should now appear at the top of the menu

- This is the case for FM & FMC.

Do let us know in the bug forum if you have any further issues.

• Administrators
Unable to connect Error 1000 : I'm losing patience of that message ! Are there people still having that when checking out ? F*** O** Steam ! I've been trying since a least 4 hours ! Still getting that **** taking error !

Cut out the swearing please, completely unnecessary. We are still looking into this and why this is the case for some people.

Best to try again later - perhaps when resetting your network connection.

Not sure if this is the right place to post it but this has happened for three straight matches now - I've been going up against teams that are far superior to mine in the air so I've set the corner kicks to be short and in the wizard I always have a player offering the short option. Not a single time has my player (Gerrard, so no mug) taken it short. Is there something I'm missing here or could this be a possible bug?

The UI changes (besides the tactics screen) are one of the best things about this years release. Takes an hour or two to get used to, but you can access loads of screens easier and everything is in more logical places. The main reason I would be holding off is the match engine, it's not in a great state with high scoring matches everywhere. Concede far too many from corners as well.

Archived