FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

even at 58m, i think thats a bargain for Alaba. Plus, he is just as useful playing in central midfield mate from my experience on a Bayern save. Great buys mate

I won the EPL second season, which I just finished. But I had the worst defense in top half of table!

My CB's are going to be world class, just a tad young, by next season things should be better, but the full back positions are hard to fill, Alaba/Silva on left, and De Scglio/Chambers on right. Balanta, Umtiti, Sakho, Lovren rotate through CB positions.

This will be my team next season..

TEAM 2016/2017

------------- Sturridge -- Berardi -------------

-- Sterling ------------------------- Volland --

---------------- Koke -- Pogba ----------------

-- Alaba -- Balanta -- Umtiti -- De Sciglio --

--------------------- Leno ---------------------

Bench: Lovren, Coutinho, Horn, El Shaarawy, Tielemans, Markovic, Can, Henderson, J.Silva, Chambers, Sakho, Benzia, Jovic.

24 man main squad, with class players on the pine, keeping all happy will be a challenge.

With that group of players, if I had to sell a few, who would go do you reckon?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No need to sell anyone really from that squad, but consider bringing in more youngsters and slowly incorporating them into your first team

Would be hard, will need to rotate a fair bit as it is, with more youngsters would be even harder.

Most of that team are 24 or under anyway, I will have them for the next 6-7 years.

Just had 58 shots in a game

Formation I have now seems tibe very attacking

I bet it was in the 20's for shots on target though right?

Careful, there is such a thing as too many shots.. usually an indicator of too many shots from distance or no hope shots (i.e players getting isolated etc)

Pogba I had on last save, he was a beast, won games all by himself. Alaba I knew was always class, never used him before in 2015, Leno does look quite good as main goal.

I spread most of my transfers over 48mths this time.

Alaba $58m in total (possibly)

Leno $24.5m

Pogba $70m

As you can see, I am not afraid to put lots of cash on the line if I know I will get it back, Alaba and Pogba are amazing, and worth the money.

Pogba is proving to be pretty amazing for me in my second season. I started off playing him as a roaming playmaker, but he just did good but not great. I moved him to CM(A) though and now he has 12 goals and five assists from 20 league games (18 starts).,

Those players are not even in same league as Pogba, to me those players never feature in my main team, they're not good enough..

They turn into good players. Never great ones though.

As far as I know they are all -8, so they can never get near to Pogba at 190 PA.

If you want to develop existing youths as a rule, fine. But you are accepting the fact that you will have to succeed with a lesser calibre of player if you do so. A lot of people like that type of challenge though.

I won the EPL second season, which I just finished. But I had the worst defense in top half of table!

My CB's are going to be world class, just a tad young, by next season things should be better, but the full back positions are hard to fill, Alaba/Silva on left, and De Scglio/Chambers on right. Balanta, Umtiti, Sakho, Lovren rotate through CB positions.

This will be my team next season..

TEAM 2016/2017

------------- Sturridge -- Berardi -------------

-- Sterling ------------------------- Volland --

---------------- Koke -- Pogba ----------------

-- Alaba -- Balanta -- Umtiti -- De Sciglio --

--------------------- Leno ---------------------

Bench: Lovren, Coutinho, Horn, El Shaarawy, Tielemans, Markovic, Can, Henderson, J.Silva, Chambers, Sakho, Benzia, Jovic.

24 man main squad, with class players on the pine, keeping all happy will be a challenge.

With that group of players, if I had to sell a few, who would go do you reckon?

I'd definitely let Umtiti go. I signed him on a free first season but never made any impression, or was likely to dislodge Sakho, Dragovic or Balanta.

I also let Lovren and Can go (Man City offered me £30m for Can which was too good to turn down for a player struggling to get game time), and have been trying to sell Markovic with no success - mainly because he doesn't fit into my formation.

Pogba is proving to be pretty amazing for me in my second season. I started off playing him as a roaming playmaker, but he just did good but not great. I moved him to CM(A) though and now he has 12 goals and five assists from 20 league games (18 starts).,

He is a midfielder, so when I look at his stats anbd ratings, I don't judge him much on goals he scored, assists should be up a bit though.

3RD Season Preview!!! 2016/17

Won EPL and FA cup last season.

Reach Semi in ECC.

Further changes before window closed.

Still leaking goals.

Transfers

IN

Pogba $63m

Alaba $49m

Leno $24.5m

Ward-Prowse $17.75m

Tanriverdi $16.5m

Varane $49m

OUT

Lovren $30m

Markovic $30m

Mignolet $16.25m

Can $13m

Moreno $12.75m

Ilori $5m

Alberto $4.2m

So that ends the Summer transfers, large chunk is still remaining because I spread most transfers over 48mths, will need to make final in ECC and win EPL again to keep funds coming in, only way to balance it all out.

So far this season I am 2 wins 1 draw off 3 games, 15 goals scored in those games and 9 against :(

Here is finalized team.

Qu6I5SO.jpg

Of course you'll be leaking goals mate, you're on an aggressive (attacking) mentality, play a 4-2-4 in effect, have no defend duties in your central midfield and possibly closing down on your team instructions? (I can't see them).

That shape is fair enough with the team you have but it's bound to ship goals, you will either have to alter it or jut accept that it's part and parcel. You'll obviously win a lot more than you lose with a team like that though. :)

Of course you'll be leaking goals mate, you're on an aggressive (attacking) mentality, play a 4-2-4 in effect, have no defend duties in your central midfield and possibly closing down on your team instructions? (I can't see them).

That shape is fair enough with the team you have but it's bound to ship goals, you will either have to alter it or jut accept that it's part and parcel. You'll obviously win a lot more than you lose with a team like that though. :)

Even with that tactic, in my last save (before it went corrupt), my defense was quite good, always in top 3 best in league. But that was 4-5 seasons in, the defenders I have are quite young, another season under their belts, and I will see a lot better defense than previous.

But as you said, for now it is a case of just outscoring the other team. Which I do without issues most of the time.

Even with that tactic, in my last save (before it went corrupt), my defense was quite good, always in top 3 best in league. But that was 4-5 seasons in, the defenders I have are quite young, another season under their belts, and I will see a lot better defense than previous.

But as you said, for now it is a case of just outscoring the other team. Which I do without issues most of the time.

I had the same problem usullay in the 1st 2 or 3 season my defence leaks goals then when i sign better defenders i let less goals in

Cant wait to get Origi & Roberts back also gonna sign a new keeper next season Horn & Meret have been poor for me might get Kovel the Ukraine Keeper

I got the bad end of the Variable PA with origi, which was annoying.

Got good end last save and he was amazing, so I feel your pain.

I bet it was in the 20's for shots on target though right?

Careful, there is such a thing as too many shots.. usually an indicator of too many shots from distance or no hope shots (i.e players getting isolated etc)

Yeah only get a 3rd on target. Was just surprised at the large number. I have work ball into the box

What formation and TIs are you playing?

Play a tweaked 433

Rwb CB CB LWB ( wing backs on support )

Anchor

Roaming playmaker, advanced playmaker

Aml - inside forward

False 9, poacher

Play attacking & flexible

Shouts are - retain possession, shorter passing, work ball into box, run at defence, tighter marking, close down more & play wider

Just agreed a deal to sign Neymar for next season (third season). I also have Loris joining as well for 20m plus add--ons and Tielmans on a free.

My line up will now be

---------------------Loris---------------------

De Sciglio---Balanta--Sakho---R Rodriquez

-----------------Javi Martinez----------------

--------------Henderson--Pogba-------------

------------------Sterling/Gotze--------------

---------------Neymar--Sturridge------------

I'll have Rulli, Flanagan, Chambers, Dragovic, Murru, Samper, Gil Romero, Coutinho, R Zivokovic, Nathan, Malcolm, Santi Mina, Tielmans, Wilson, Ould Chikh

Will let go El Sharaaway, Markovic and Suso, and will loan out a lot of younger players and prospects to generate revenue and give them experience.

I have to say, I thought it was too hard to build a Galactico team on FM14, but i think the balance has shifted too much on this version. I made Neymar unhappy be declaring interest and having one bid rejected, and got him to sign for about 40k less in wages than he was on at Barca.

The only thing now will be balancing my finances - I have much less squad players and deadwood to clear out for funds, so won't be able to build up a big bank balance as easily as last year when I had sales totalling £220m.

Play a tweaked 433

Rwb CB CB LWB ( wing backs on support )

Anchor

Roaming playmaker, advanced playmaker

Aml - inside forward

False 9, poacher

Play attacking & flexible

Shouts are - retain possession, shorter passing, work ball into box, run at defence, tighter marking, close down more & play wider

Do you find there is any imbalance/vulnerability down your right flank?

I'm almost finished with my first season (just have the ucl final against Real Madrid left). We won the league, lost to Spurs i the FA Cup final (we dominated the game, but Mignolet passed the ball straight to the opposition during build up...I've attached the goal) and have Madrid in the UCL final (we beat Porto, Arsenal and Juventus to get there). We spent a decent amount this season (brought in Romero, Balanta, Cedric Soares, Sergi Samper, Alex Grimaldo, Memphis Depay and Pione Sisto), but we still have a little work to do. I usually holiday between games, but I've found that this might not be the best idea as you can no longer speak to players if they have a concern unless they voice the concern on the day you return. This is really frustrating because if you miss the players' complaint, they immediately begin to speak to their teammates and won't talk to you about it. Then, if they are complaining about first team action, half the team gets upset if you actually give them a run and the other half think he deserves a run and gets upset if you don't and you can't even go back and speak to the player directly. Balotelli divided the locker room early on, but fortunately the squad didn't seem to care about Allen's or Lallana's lack of 1st team action (in fairness, Lallana got injured almost every time I played him).

Anyway, I mainly played a 4-1-4-1, but also played a 4-4-2 (with am-l instead of a ml). Memphis Depay was consistently great, Sterling struggled with injuries and is being retrained to play as a cm-a, Sturridge and Balotelli were good, but inconsistent, I'm retraining Henderson and Can to play as a creative rb (probably cwb-s) and Flanagan is being trained as a dm to be the ultimate utility man (his attributes scream dm and he can play lfb-r, fb-l and wb-r). I was considering keeping Mignolet as a backup to Timo Horn, but after his howler in the FA cup final, I've grown to hate him as much in the game as I do in real life.

I'm hoping to get rid of Mignolet, Skrtel, Lovren, Cedric Soares (good, cheap rb with a 3.5 million pound buy-out clause), Allen and Lallana to raise funds. I'm targeting some combination of Gabriel Barbosa, John Stones, Callum Chambers, Angel Correa, Richairo Zizkovic and Tielemans. I've already agreed to terms with Grzegorz Krychowiak from Sevilla (he has a 1.4 million buy-out and only asked for 13k in wages if you're looking for a decent dm who can also play cb/cm and is a very good tutor). I'm planning on moving the wm-r into the am-r position in my 4-4-1 and then scrapping the 4-4-2 in favor of a 3-6-1 and a 3-5-2 as backup tactics for the second season as well. I'll post once I play an injury-depleted Madrid and finish preseason.

Here's the Mignolet pass. I don't know what Lovren is doing there following Samper, but I'm looking forward to getting rid of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GoQFPSg_rU&index=1&list=UUoW-XjslA89qJnxAO2cJ0-A

Here's my complete transfer history...

54b03ae4-048d-4729-adba-cc6fe2ee6a54_zps27b7589b.png

Here's the league table. Barely beat out Man U and only allowed 21 goals over the season. Who said Liverpool can't defend?

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages_zpsa9a9db69.p  ng

Grrr.

I was playing Real Madrid in the ECL Semis in my second season.

They were one up from the first game, but the second game was at anfield so i was reasonably confident of over turning the deficit.

We completely outplayed them, 28 shots to 3. I lost Pogba and Martinez to injury in the first half, had to take Sturridge off because he was having a stinker. Zivkovic came on, but no change. Finally, in the 88 minutes, Kheidra pulls down Gotze in the box, giving me a peno and him a second yellow. Brilliant I thought, we'll tie it up and seal it in extra time.

What does Zivkovic do - blast it wide. Grrr.

Grrr.

I was playing Real Madrid in the ECL Semis in my second season.

They were one up from the first game, but the second game was at anfield so i was reasonably confident of over turning the deficit.

We completely outplayed them, 28 shots to 3. I lost Pogba and Martinez to injury in the first half, had to take Sturridge off because he was having a stinker. Zivkovic came on, but no change. Finally, in the 88 minutes, Kheidra pulls down Gotze in the box, giving me a peno and him a second yellow. Brilliant I thought, we'll tie it up and seal it in extra time.

What does Zivkovic do - blast it wide. Grrr.

I just finished the final and managed to beat Madrid 1-0. We both lined up in a 4-1-4-1, but to my horror, Ronaldo was match fit and occupied their left flank. Alvarez -Balanta wasn't match fit and thus I was stuck with Skrtel/Sakho in defense (my 1st choice pairing is - despite their left-footedness -Balanta and Sakho. They were flanked by Moreno and Flanagan with Lucas Romero sitting in front. In other words: I wasn't confident. I decided to remove the push higher up, roam from position and closed down more instructions from the team and changed Moreno from a cwb-a to a cwb-s.

Only non-irl-Liverpool starters were Horn, Romero and Depay,

Tactics_OverviewOverview-3_zpsa4d0899b.png

The game started slowly and neither team looked very threatening, but then Depay was brought down about 5 yards outside the box and Balotelli stepped up to take the free kick. Casillas made a good save, but the rebound fell to Sterling for a tap in. 1-0 up. I decided to keep going the same way and we proceeded 1-0 up at half time. Ancelloti then changed to a 4-2-4 formation and I decided to keep the formation in tact, but changed from control to counter and asked the team to close down less, play narrower and play more direct. I then changed Flanagan to a fb-d and asked Moreno to sit narrower but run wide with the ball. We held on until the 70th minute and I decided to close the game out and sacrificed Coutinho for Lovren. We changed the shape to a 3-5-2 and Horn was asked to throw it long and to do it quickly. We eventually created a goal, but Sterling was ruled offside despite there being 3 defenders and the gk between Sterling and the goal (screenshot below). Shortly thereafter, Sterling was given a yellow card and I replaced him with Can and brought on Gerrard for Romero. Then, predictably, Balotelli was injured late, but we managed to hang on with 10 men. Throughout the game, we held Madrid to 0 cccs and 0 half chances. Who would've thought 4 irl Liverpool defenders would defend so valiantly?

Sterling is on the near post and was ruled offside to disallow a goal in the CL final...

RMadridvLiverpool_PitchFull-2_zps52709b67.png

Also, thinking of changing to this 3-6-1 formation next year. Maybe even retraining Coutinho as a registra?

836a7e64-c9c1-41d8-adc0-ba53f4024431_zpse710f51d.png

He is a midfielder, so when I look at his stats anbd ratings, I don't judge him much on goals he scored, assists should be up a bit though.

He ended up with 13 goals and 7 assists from 22(5) .

I wouldn't normally expect anything like that goal scoring return, but when you get it, its hard not to take notice. Those goals won me a lot of points, and means gives me another reliable attacking outlet.

Usually I would prefer to see a few more assists, but it seems he's making chances for himself instead of others so its a zero sum game. One way or the other, he is directly responsible for 20 goals from 22 starts (and Im sure he has a few more "second" assists too). And that's without being my primary free kick, penalty or corner taker.

He's also in a CM(A) role, so playmaking isn't his primary responsibility.

48929f8084f84359782993a19cadff5f.png

This result will give a message to Bayern, who we have up next.

We were only 2-1 up at half time, but I aggressively told them that it wasn't good enough and they got a kick up the arse and destroyed them.

48929f8084f84359782993a19cadff5f.png

This result will give a message to Bayern, who we have up next.

We were only 2-1 up at half time, but I aggressively told them that it wasn't good enough and they got a kick up the arse and destroyed them.

he sabine! how you getting on?

any update on your tactical set up?

Hello everyone!

Just finished the first season, won the Premier League title, the Champions League title, the FA Cup and Capital One Cup. Team has played very well and I was really confused that what I'll do next season. I also made good transfers I think, here my transfers are:

IN:

Kevin Kampl - Transferred in the beginning - 5.5M €

Eder Alvarez Balanta - Transferred in the beginning - 8.5M €

Lucas Romero - Transferred in the beginning - 8M €

Luka Jovic - Mid-Season Transfer - 7.5M € - Loaned to Fenerbahce then Hannover 96

Nicola Murru - Mid-Season Transfer - 6M € - Loaned back to Cagliari

Nathan - Mid-Season Transfer - 3.9M €

Timo Horn - Mid-Season Transfer - 5M €

Joe Gomez - Mid-Season Transfer - 4.2M € - Loaned back to Charlton

Youri Tielemans - 10M € - Loaned to Kasimpasa

Adrien Rabiot - Free - Loaned to FC Lorient

Roberto Pereyra - Free

David Trezeguet - Free (March 2015 bcs of the injury of both Sturridge and Balotelli.)

Donis Advijaj - 14M €

Jeronimo Rulli - 28.5M €

Samuel Umtiti- 11.75M €

Javi Manquillo - Purchased at the end of his loan - 6.5M €

OUT:

Glen Johnson - Mid-Season Transfer - 7M € - to Newcastle United

Jose Enrique - Mid-Season Transfer - 7.25M € - to Hull City

Rickie Lambert- Mid-Season Transfer - 1.7M € - to West Bromwich Albion

Fabio Borini - Mid-Season Transfer - 12M € - to A.C Milan

Dejan Lovren - 30M € - to Borussia Dortmund

Adam Lallana - 37M € - to Manchester City

Lucas Leiva - 22M € - to Monaco

Joe Allen - 31M € - to Arsenal

Simon Mignolet - 26.5M € - to Fiorentina

Mario Balotelli - 50M € - to FC Bayern

Martin Skrtel - 13M € - to Atletico Madrid

Iago Aspas - 6.75M € - to Olympique Marseille

Oussama Assaidi - 10M € - to Stoke City

I'm already in the summer transfer period and Sturridge's performance last season during Balotelli's 3 weeks injury made me confused, he didn't play well and most of my goals were scored by Sterling, Markovic and Kampl. Balotelli scored 31 goals in 58 appearances and made 5 assists, played with 7.07 average. Also Sturridge played with 17 goals and 9 assists in 47 games with an average of 6.94. Mostly played with 4-4-2 wide area tactic and used Balo&Studge upfront. Found Markovic and Kampl very exciting, just scoring in the last minutes of critical matches, love them very much. Also Sterling and Coutinho played like superstars, used them in the left wing or when I played with one striker, I used Coutinho as AMC. Didn't make Lallana play much, but made him play at the last 12 weeks of Premier League & all the cup matches. I think I sold him with a good price.

Enrique and Johnson were actually **** and I wanted to get rid of them quickly, sold them in the mid season, had Moreno on left back and Manquillo on right, Flanagan was actually my first choice in right back sometimes because he played very well when he was not at the bench. Also got Moreno injured for 5 weeks, that exhausted me so much and I used Emre Can as left back. Joe Allen, Dejan Lovren, Adam Lallana and Lucas Leiva gave me a lot of trouble about the lack of first team football and annoyed me so I sold them.

I did not really want Balotelli to leave but at the end of first season he wanted a new contract because of FC Bayern and Napoli's interests, he wanted 215K € for a week so I told him to **** off.

Hey. Been absent towards the back end of FM14- just purchased 15 as a late Christmas gift to myself and started as Liverpool, as I always do. Initial thought going through the squad in comparison to real life is that they are definitely living on last years hype- so many of the players are overrated, but who am I to complain? As a result I bought just 1 player in Lucas Romero as I had no real competition to Lucas in the MC(D) position.

Finished up 1st in the league. 12 points behind United. Scoring 91 and conceding just 25- meaning I scored the most and conceded the less. Mignolet won the Golden Glove with 20 clean sheets. Don't ask. Sterling walked away with Footballer of the Year and now has every Tom Dick & Harry eyeing up a move for him. Sturridge won Players player despite being injured for 13 weeks of the season (still banged in 31 in all comps). My team occupied 7 positions in the Team of the Year. Henderson breezed the Players Young Player despite being 24.

Moving on to the Carling Cup...knocked out in the 1st round by Bolton. Do not ask.

FA Cup was fun. Mansfield, Blackpool, Spurs (Twice-replay), QPR, Chelsea & Arsenal stood in my way. Eventually had to beat Arsenal on penalties before Gerrard could lift the trophy above his head. Markovic was my top rated player in this competition so as you can see already- stiff competition between him and Sterling for my AMR position!!

Champions League and I was humbled at home to Barca and more notably Suarez in the Semi-Final at Anfield. Beat them 2-1 at the Nou Camp though! Just couldn't reverse the 3-1 defeat at home. None of my players won any awards for that though. So all in all, a successful season to say the least especially as there was only one signing all season.

Stand out performers were;

Sterling (AMR) - 12 goals and 23 assists in 32 appearances

Sturridge (F9) - 31 goals and 8 assists in 31 appearances

Markovic (AMR) - 7 goals and 14 assists in 25 appearances

Henderson (MC/A) - 12 goals and 16 assists in 51 appearances

Lallana (WMF/A) - 10 goals and 11 assists in 29 appearances

All season the defence was superb as well. Moving on to the second season; I'm looking to get rid of Lucas and bring in Rossiter who has been developing well in the reserves. Sell Balotelli and start using Origi more as Sturridge is too injury prone, of course. Borini will go, he has whinged and cried all season with Enrique so both of their days are numbered and finally Skrtel as I'm just not a fan, at all.

Here we go then...

My spending big is bringing awesome results, however I have nearly ran the club broke.

Do you keep going and hope your success brings in the cash, or do you sell your biggest names.

I've been spending big, but I'm also managing to bring in big bucks in sales. I generally offer players out at twice their value, half up front and half over 48 months. I've never had to sell any of my best players unless I am trading up - and usually at a profit. E.g. I bought Neymar for 56m, but sold El Sharaaway for £70m.

I've spent approx £400m by July 2016, but have brought in £560 in sales.

9 point lead with 5 games to go..

Chelsea do not faultier, they have won nearly every game, last time they lost a game to a team that was not mine, was September last year!!

I play them next, a win will see me 12 points ahead with 4 games to go, a GD that is double of theirs, so a Win will get me the Premiership.

9 point lead with 5 games to go..

Chelsea do not faultier, they have won nearly every game, last time they lost a game to a team that was not mine, was September last year!!

I play them next, a win will see me 12 points ahead with 4 games to go, a GD that is double of theirs, so a Win will get me the Premiership.

Are you using the tactic posted above home and away? Do you change much game to game?

Coutinho is making shouts about going to Juventus and I may as well let him go because Suso is blowing him completely out of the water in his position. I could potentially get a good £40 million for him so I'm just going to wait until I get an offer.

Joe Allen also is wanted by Manchester City because he's playing superbly. I would sell him, but I have no real reason to because he's getting plenty of game time. I could however, get around £25-30 million for him which would be amazing, as Jordan Rossiter is going to be a direct replacement next season.

I'm nearly in January and I will be posting my progress, but just a little hint - it couldn't get any better than it is right now. :)

I won the treble first season. The league was very touch and go all season and I ended up beating Chelsea by 2 points.

FA Cup I beat Norwich in the final.

Champions League was insane. Don't even know how. I beat Juve like 10-4 aggregate, then Barca 4-2 aggregate, then Real Madrid 2-1 in the final. Don't even know how I won all of them. But so stoked.

I need to sell a bunch of players now coz we are running on a heavy loss ha. Need to reduce wages mainly.

I'll do a more detailed post tomorrow with player details. But biggest surprise this season was Ryan Kent. Anyone developed him? Performed great for me

Archived