FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who has sold Rooney? How has your squad reacted to selling him? I just finished season 2 and I won't have a place for him in my team for the next season. He has always been decent, and everyone seems to think he is a good player, but I have way too much quality in my attack: Munir, RvP, Neymar, Reus and Bale as my winger/striker galacticos, without forgetting Pogba and Di Maria in the playmarker role in the midfield. Looking at those names, I can't justify Rooney's spot in my squad. It's sad to see my captain go, but I think this is the last time to get some cash for his departure. Rooney has also once moaned about wanting new challenges and he wanted me to let go of Rafael which is unacceptable.

However, I'm afraid that my squad and fans would turn against me if I just get rid of him. Squad's morale has been great in the first 2 seasons so I wouldn't want to ruin that.

Should I talk to him about selling him, or just sit him on the bench long enough until he wants to leave? I'd rather find a solution during the summer and save in salary expenses.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated! :thup:

I flogged him to Chelsea end of season 2 for £20m and nobody in the team said a word.I had issues with him as he was loath to tutor anybody in the team and more annoyingly he never responded to anything I said before a game or at half-time.

I've just found myself doing a Fergy... Going through a rough patch due to attempting to change our style of play to fit how I want the team to play, the results are up and down a little bit and Di Maria comes to complain about the poor form. I explained I was going to make tactical changes to combat this and he said something along the lines of "you can make as many changes as like you, but nothing will change until you resign". I got out my hair dryer and told him to pack his bags after kicking a boot at his face. Real Madrid are willing to pay top dollar for this sack of "top class" manure :D

He annoys me because he's so 'vanilla'.

I'm trying the 4-3-3 (well 4-4-2 asymmetric so 2 CM's and an MR with a AML) - Now he's ok as a winger, he's ok as a raumdeuter and he's ok as a wide playmaker.

Problem is, Mata just about destroys him in any capacity. Mata's attributes as a raumdeuter is ridiculous, he's like the next Ronaldo. So if I shift Di Maria to the middle to be a roaming playmaker, Herrera is better. >_<

Currently going into my third season with United.

Achievments so far:

Capital One Cup: defeated in early stages vs. ManCity (1st season) and WestBrom (2nd season)

FA Cup: Semi-Final vs. Chelsea (1st season, lost in penalty shootout), Winner in 2nd season (vs. Liverpool in the final)

Premier League: 2 x Champions

Champions League: Lost in the semi-finals vs. Real Madrid, mainly due to their away goal by penalty

I´m eager to find out what the new season brings since the squad was massively changed after last season.

Just about to finish my first season, which has been an odd experience. 5 games to go and 6 points behind league leaders Chelsea. I have scored 90 goals which is nice, but I have conceeded 44 goals! :O I coule really use some advice reducing the amount of goals conceeded.

Playing a 4-2-3-1 wide formation with fluid and control philosophy. This is my line-up:

GK: Goalkeeper(def) De Gea, Lindegaard

RB: Fullback(att) Rafael, Peruzzi

DC: Central Def.(def) Jones, Smalling

DC: Central Def.(def) Balanta, Evans

LB: Fullback(att) Shaw, Rojo

CMr: Central mid(def) Romero, Fletcher, Fellaini

CMl: Deeplying Playmaker(sup) Rooney, Carrick

AMr: Inside Forward(att) Januzaj, Valencia

AMc: Att. Midfielder(att) Mata, Ødegaard

AMl: Inside Forward(sup) Di Maria, Ayew

ST: Complete Forward(att) RVP, Zivkovic, Wilson

Team Instructions:

Work ball into box, Close down more, Stay on feet

Any idea why I conceed so many goals? 44 goals in 33 matches is way too many.. I also see many goals conceeded by set pieces while I never score on attacking set pieces.

Advice and ideas will be much appreciated.

//Cheers

@ jance: Offensive players with an Attack Duty won´t work too much defensively at the moment and practically almost stay forward all time. Maybe you try switching the CF to support, as well as the RB to provide better cover for the attacking inside forward.

@ jance: Offensive players with an Attack Duty won´t work too much defensively at the moment and practically almost stay forward all time. Maybe you try switching the CF to support, as well as the RB to provide better cover for the attacking inside forward.

Hey Cooke,

Thank you for your suggestions. RVP has been a beast as CF with an attack duty scoring 31 goals in 26 matches + 18 assists. Therefore I have difficulties changing him to a support role :) Maybe I should try and change the AMC(Mata) to an AMC support or Advanced PM attack? Right now he is not participating in the defensive work. Do you know if an Adv.PM with attack role will both attack and defend?

I have changed RB to support role. Thank you for your help.

Finished my first season 2nd place to Chelsea, with no joy whatsoever in the cups. I had started the season emulating LVG, with transfers turned off and switching between a 3-5-2 and a 4-1-2-1-2, but around about the second half of the season I found myself relying more on 4-1-2-3 and 4-4-2 systems. I ended up being fairly active in January too:

IN

Strootman £35m

Barkely £14m

Tielemans £6m

OUT

Anderson £3.2m

Flecher £2.5m

Young £9m

Valencia £10m

The four players I sold had all been given chances and had averaged 6.7's or less. Strootman was an instant hit, being able to play B2B or CM(d) to good effect. Ross Barkely we got for a song on deadline day, and he paid dividends immediately, scoring an equalizer at the Etihad. All in all, it was a good season - Rooney, RVP and Falcao had a solid 50 goals between them, with the likes of Mata and Di Maria chipping in to good effect also.

I'm half-way through my second preseason now, and we're focusing on the 4-4-2 and 4-1-2-3 completely now. This is partially due to my transfer shenanigans:

IN

Bakkali £0

Yarmolenko £0

Benzema £36.5m

Bale £41m

Stones £19.75m

OUT

Fellaini £8.75m

RVP £10m

Hernandez £11.5m

Nani £12.75m

Lingard £3.3m

A host of free transfers and loans

As you can see, we went out and bought a lot of quality to try and improve on last season. Benzema has, in my view, probably the best stats going for a DLF, and with Falcao gone and RVP refusing to sign a reasonable contract and thereby leaving, a striker of Karim's quality was needed. Getting Yarmolenko on a free in a real coup, and with him providing cover on the flanks I have more chances to rotate in what will be a busier season than last. Bakkali, also a coup, was sent straight out on loan - he lacks consistency and wouldn't play much, but has the potential to be a good investment somewhere down the line. Looking at United's squad today, a world class CB is top of the list for where we ought to improve, however in my game we've just come off a season with the 2nd best defensive record in the league, with our defenders having scored good ratings. I therefore decided to go with homegrown John Stones, who can provide cover at fullback and wont be expecting to walk into the first 11 straight away. And then of course, there's Bale. I signed him, basically because I could. The price was fantastic, and he brings be more goals, a more physically robust midfield and, as a truly world class winger, a huge injection of quality in a position we're lacking it.

So on the whole, the squad has been trimmed quite a bit, with big players brought in in place of squad players. The rebuilding job isn't done yet, but I'm happy with what we're heading into the season with. The important thing is to retain our league position and ensure we win something this time round.

Hey guys,

Any suggestions for new players for my squad? I have just finished 2nd season and I have €150 million available for new players.

GK - De Gea, Savic

DR - Rafael, Danilo

DC - Jones, Smalling

DC - Balanta, Evans

DL - Shaw, Rojo

MC - Gaston Romero, Neves

MC - Lucas Romero, Blind

AMR - Cristiano Ronaldo, Januzaj

AMC - Mata, Rooney

AML - Di Maria, Ayew, Munir

ST - RVP, Zivkovic

All suggestions will be highly appreciated. Hope you have a gem you can recommend :)

/Cheers

Any suggestions for new players for my squad? I have just finished 2nd season and I have €150 million available for new players.

I don't know how your MC's are performing, but I'd go for Pogba. He's pure class and can play in many roles; no matter if you need a defensive or a more attacking approach. I'm mainly using him as a roaming playmaker, and he has been brilliant. No problems putting him to play more defensive either, but I'm mainly using Lucas Romero there. However, he is nowhere near the quality of Pogba, and will never be (at least on my save).

Pogba is young, so you'll get a leading midfielder for the next 8-10 years. I think I got him for 60m or so, some of which are paid monthly. Worth every pound!

I don't know how your MC's are performing, but I'd go for Pogba. He's pure class and can play in many roles; no matter if you need a defensive or a more attacking approach. I'm mainly using him as a roaming playmaker, and he has been brilliant. No problems putting him to play more defensive either, but I'm mainly using Lucas Romero there. However, he is nowhere near the quality of Pogba, and will never be (at least on my save).

Pogba is young, so you'll get a leading midfielder for the next 8-10 years. I think I got him for 60m or so, some of which are paid monthly. Worth every pound!

Thanks PetskuZ, I will go for Pogba :) Guess he will be perfect fit for my team. RVP became world player of the year at the age of 32. I will use him as my main striker for another season and then I will look for a new hit man. Any suggestions for a young forward with potential near RVP abilities?

Thanks PetskuZ, I will go for Pogba :) Guess he will be perfect fit for my team. RVP became world player of the year at the age of 32. I will use him as my main striker for another season and then I will look for a new hit man. Any suggestions for a young forward with potential near RVP abilities?

Carlos Fierro or Gabriel Barbosa

James Wilson :brock:

Munir too, can get him for 10.5 million off Barca in the first season if he hasn't signed a new contract

I'm also using Munir as a forward. Actually paired him with RvP on 2nd season, he's brilliant as a false 9. Now for 3rd season I bought Neymar and I'm thinking to place Munir as AF, while putting Neymar on F9.

Left winger position is already filled with Reus and Di Maria.

Has anyone signed Jovic? He's a young striker from the same club Utd got Savic from i think? I got him for €8m at 18 and he's a serious goal machine for in my 2nd season so far with 9 goals in 5?

Good to hear. He's arriving in January of the second season for me, and due to a lot of injuries, he may well be leading the line for me at 17. How are you using him? He looks like he's a few points in Vision away from being a quality DLF, maybe with Wilson playing ahead of him eventually.

By the way, is anyway having trouble with United's younger players having appalling ratings for Natural Fitness? Januzaj is rated at 5 and can hardly string 2 games together. Wilson is rated at 4. Even more annoyingly, coaches say that they're both poor in big games and that Wilson is inconsistent. It's a shame because they're both progressing well attribute-wise and have top-tier potential, but I can hardly build a team around them if I actively have to expect half their games to be off-days.

Good to hear. He's arriving in January of the second season for me, and due to a lot of injuries, he may well be leading the line for me at 17. How are you using him? He looks like he's a few points in Vision away from being a quality DLF, maybe with Wilson playing ahead of him eventually.

By the way, is anyway having trouble with United's younger players having appalling ratings for Natural Fitness? Januzaj is rated at 5 and can hardly string 2 games together. Wilson is rated at 4. Even more annoyingly, coaches say that they're both poor in big games and that Wilson is inconsistent. It's a shame because they're both progressing well attribute-wise and have top-tier potential, but I can hardly build a team around them if I actively have to expect half their games to be off-days.

Using him as an advanced forward in a 4-2-3-1 position. Hes getting decent game time as i rotate him, Wilson and Rooney but so far he's my top scorer with 15 goals in all competitions at the start of the new year. Just got Jese, Thiago and a centre half from Juve called Romagna who has 4.5 PA coming on free transfers to me in the summer:)

haven't done an update in a while.

Well into the second half of the season and sitting pretty at the top of the league

G8QuGqX.png?1

We finished second in our champions league group and got punished for that with a 1st knockout round draw with Bayern.1st leg has been played a we go into the away leg with a narrow 1-0 lead although we absolutely battered them at home.

ijbklBW.png?1

Man City came to Old Trafford in the 5th round of the FA Cup and lost 1-2, they had a fair amount of shots at goal but that was because they threw the kitchen sink at us after going 2 down.

7x2it1x.png?1

Hopefully i'll get this season finished before Xmas and write up a season review.

Is anyone having real trouble playing away from home? During the season 2016-17, I have played 19 won 18, but away from home I have played 19 but lost 11. At home I play a 4-2-3-1 formation. I have tried to tone this down to a 4-1-2-2-1 away from home, but still no luck. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks

Defence issue who are people using for the centre halfs?

Who are people signing for centre half positions?

I'm using Balanta(He's a beast!) and Jones in the centre with Smalling and Evans as backup. It has worked wonders for me for 3 seasons now. I play one as Defender - cover and the other as Defender Stopper. I have given individual instructions to both - Hold position, Close down much less because I have team instructions as close down more and ease of tackle.

In 2018. Both Angel Di Maria and Gareth Bale have both come to me telling me they wish to talk to Real Madrid. Bale's in his second season with me after an £84m move in 2016.

They wish to "play for a bigger club" - nonsense!

I will be letting Di Maria move on in the summer, as his United career hasn't really been that great, and with Martin Odegaard, Youri Tielemans and Adnan Januzaj all being able to play as the Advanced Playmaker in the CM position, I'm well stocked. Plus, I'm currently debating on whether to bring in Ross Barkley. The problem is, Pogba plays as a CM on support, and only Romero is really suitable for that role, so he plays as back up for Pogba in the position. Odegaard, Tielemans and Januzaj are more suited to the Advanced Playmaker role, so if I do bring in Barkley, that would mean 4 players vying for 1 spot, and Odegaard is considered world class, even at just 19 years of age. I can also play Odegaard and Januzaj in the 2 Inside Forward positions, but with Depay, Bale, Wilson and Ould-Chikh, there is somewhat of an overload. Suppose I could just not buy Barkley.

Kevin Strootman will be leaving. He wanted a new deal, and I told him to wait, so he went to the press and I ended up having to have a team meeting as the squad were unhappy. He plays as my Defensive Midfielder. I have Lucas Romero and Ruben Neves currently rotating as Strootman has been ordered to play for the Under 21's for the foreseeable future. Vice-Captain or not, he's shot himself in the foot.

I'm retraining Ruben Neves as a Ball Playing Defender to enable him to get more game time. I'm not sure whether I should buy a top class replacement for Strootman, or a young prospect, and just go with Romero and Neves.

I'm also on the lookout for a right back. Rafael's been great for me, and his injury record has been sublime, but recently I've noticed a dip in stats, and I think there will be better right back's out there.

Carlos Fierro or Gabriel Barbosa
Fierro is class

Getting bored of my United save now, there really is no challenge in it anymore. The only thing that was keeping me going was hoping to bring in both Ronaldo and Messi for their twilight, but they both want 550k p/Wk which my board aren't interested in paying!

Reus at IF AML has been amazing, and Neymar at False9 is brilliant. Pogba was a bit of a let down though.

Tempted to have a of at the Dafuge challenge now, was hoping to carry on and too the worldwide HOF but it's just too dull!

3 seasons into my United save and i nearly do the quadruple. Beat Liverpool in the COC final then beat them again in the FA cup final, beat Man city in the CL final after extra time despite being a man down since the 74th minute but unfortunately i lost to Chelsea on the last day of the season where i only needed a draw as i was ahead of them on goal difference. Sickening!! Has anyone won the clean sweep in 1 year?

Archived