Quarter Finals - France vs Germany (17:00 BST) & Brazil vs Colombia (21:00 BST)

gillsminnow

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Due to my awful sleeping patterns I was able to watch the South American qualifiers (not much else on TV that time of day) - only reason I was able to watch them :D

The CONMEBOL qualifies were shown on British TV? I wish I knew this :(

I can see Griezmann/Benzema/Valbuena catching Neuer out if he plays as a sweeper keeper - the three of them are all very quick and will be able to nick in ahead of him, drawing fouls and maybe even scoring.

Realistically I see this going all the way to penalties, but if I had to choose a winner in 90 minutes I'd edge it to France, because they've looked more complete thus far and their counter-attacking ability is phenomenal.

Lahm at RB at last! Should be a good performance for German for this alone... although who is playing the holding role I'm not sure. Khedira not disciplined enough and Schweini is wasted there.

e: @Darren - I see! Still, wish I'd realised :lol:

What does FIFA expect to happen with the captains speaking before KO? Not going to have any effect on racism at all :lol:

"You dirty foreign- oh wait a minute, Lahm told me not to be bad to you... sorry mate. Pint?"

This Germany side is going to have very little width... only really Lahm going to be in a good position for crossing - Howedes not even a left back, Ozil will want to cut inside, Muller will want to get into the box or thereabouts...

Really? I know it's all a bit forced, but does it really need that kind of reaction?

TBF, bull crap isn't really a harsh word. It describes how I feel the statements and pictures are - they are total ******** imo.

e: so no, my reaction wasn't forced.

Is Valbuena getting a move because of the WC or has he been good for Marseille this season?

He's 29 and honestly his form for club won't have give 20mil transfers. He's the kind of player who's tops for his club but not world class

He's getting a move?

Well the it's been said by both Lineker and the commentator on BBC that Bielsa is not wanting him on the team.

Commentator just said that Bielsa doesn't rate/want Valbuena next season.

Fiorentina apparently interested.

I know Bielsa's mad but that's just plain bizarre... why would you want to get rid of your best player? :D

Archived