Foreigners in teams - way way waaaay to many

I really wish a team wasn't allowed to field more than 3 or 4 non-natives in a squad.

Man Utd: 15

Liverpool: 16

Man City: 14

My team has 5.

2 Spanish (GK, 3 years, CD 2 years)

1 Italian (5 years playing with this team)

1 Dutch (6 years playing with this team

1 Brazilian. ( 4th season playing with this team)

The spansish GK will leave in 2 seasons

The Brazialian will leave in 2 seasons aswell.

My own enforced rules will be no more than 3. A player playing for my team for 5 years or more, I will consider "native"

Am I the only one thinking the amount of foreigners is to much?

That is just the way English football in going sadly. This weekend in the PL 11 of the 18 sides that have played had more than half the squad of foreign players. Ok so I haven't taken into account your 'native' rule the numbers at Chelsea, Liverpool, Fulham and Man City are terrible from a British point of view.

Liverpool - 11

Chelsea - 13

Man City - 14

Sunderland - 9

Man Utd - 9

West Brom - 10

West Ham - 8

Swansea - 9

Stoke - 10

Spurs - 10

Fulham - 11

You can be pretty sure by the time Arsenal and Newcastle kick off tomorrow they can be added to the list. In Arsenal last match at Hull they had 15 while Newcastle had 11.

In my save (December 2050) of the registered 25 man squads in the PL these are the numbers of British nationalities:

Arsenal - 7

Aston Villa - 17

Blackburn - 22

Burton - 15

Cambridge - 6

Cardiff - 17

Chelsea - 18

Crystal Palace - 19

Fulham - 14

Hull - 11

Liverpool - 11

Man City - 7

Man Utd - 7

MK Dons - 21

Nott'm F - 16

Sheff Utd - 13

Southampton - 8

Spurs - 11

West Ham - 10

Wycombe - 9

Too much, in what regard? Bad for the national side? Probably. Is it realistic for the wealthier sides? Yes, very much I think.

When Man City played the league cup final this year all 14 players used were foreigners. Today they started with two and have two on the bench.

Chelsea today had only two English players.

In my Norwich game I've found it is almost impossible to buy a decent English player from another club, certainly from another Premier League club. Every English regen in my team has come through my own youth ranks and I've filled the positional gaps in the youth teams with top class Spanish/French/German/Portuguese youngsters.

Lelo. I'm currently playing in Serbia, (Partizan Belgrade). There is a rule that you can only have 5 non-EU players in a match-day squad, (which I like). The only problem now is that my youth squad is full of POL's and BIH's.

Serie A has a rule where each club can only sign 2 non-EU players per season. I promise you that there is life outside English football and it's GREAT!.

Comparing this to real life I am a Barnet fan, (who play in the Conference).

We have had English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Portugese, Dutch, Spanish, Saudi Arabian, Barbadian & Albanian players play for us this season and we have a Romanian in our youth team.

When I got my team promoted to the Scottish Premier, the first thing Neil Lennon at Celtic blathered to the press is what a tinpot team of Scottish rejects I had and that I should sign some foreign players. A couple years later, after winning the Premier League twice, suddenly the other coaches were complaining that my team wasn't "Scottish Enough" (because I had 3 Danes and a Belgian.) You just can't make some people happy.

I figure once the scouts can work world-wide, I'm signing the best available players allowed under my league rules.

Lelo. I'm currently playing in Serbia, (Partizan Belgrade). There is a rule that you can only have 5 non-EU players in a match-day squad, (which I like). The only problem now is that my youth squad is full of POL's and BIH's.

That doesn't make any sense. Serbia is not a part of EU, therefore why would they limit the number of non-EU players in the team!?

It's more likely that they limit foreign players, though I'm not sure if it's the case with BiH players, since half of BiH is a Serbian entity.

That doesn't make any sense. Serbia is not a part of EU, therefore why would they limit the number of non-EU players in the team!?

It's more likely that they limit foreign players, though I'm not sure if it's the case with BiH players, since half of BiH is a Serbian entity.

They join the EU in 2018 in the game.

Are there any more nations that put up similar restrictions like Italie?

Australia does... Only 5 foreign players allowed in the squad.

Does that mean that the quality of British players isn't world class anymore, considering the EPL is the best league in the world?

In FM as with real life, British/English players are far more expensive than those from other nations. When you are starting out in the prem a well scouted foreign player can cost upto a 10th in transfer and wage costs as an English player, so what would the incentive to buy the English player be?

Personally I really don't care what country a player comes from. I want to the best players at my club in the most cost effective way.

As has been said somewhere else, Serbia are in the EU in game after a few years, In real life they applied for membership in December 2009.

With regards to other Balkan nations, (Such as BIH), there is a rule, (within the game), where just 1 seasons residency, (I think), gives them Serbian, (or other Balkan Nation), Nationality, but they need 5 years residency before they can actually play for them.

Archived