The Wales road to Euro 2016 thread - featuring the best British midfielder (and Gareth Bale)

chopra_hill

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I trust it was as utterly, gloriously one-sided as the highlights made it look then. Surely the most one sided game of the tournament so far? (even Turkey had a couple of decent moments against Spain.)

Still laughing at the defending for Taylor's goal. Nobody tracks the run, and instead of sprinting to put pressure on him when the ball is played through, one of the two closest players to him stops moving in disgust whilst the other initially sprints towards the (marked) man at the far post. Made even funnier by the fact it took him two attempts to score and there was still nobody within yards of him. Think if I'd seen a defence do that on FM I'd have filed a bug report!

I *think* if Sweden or Ireland win today we play Norn Iron, otherwise it's Turkey

Regardless I'm struggling with getting my head around the fact we are in a knockout game at the Euros \o/

We need Ireland to win or Sweden to win by less than 4 (unless Ireland also win).

Plus any set of results that isn't Austria and Hungary both winning to get Northern Ireland.

If both Austria and Hungary win we have Turkey, won't matter about the other result.

Just watching the itv tribute to Gary Speed before watching the Russia game back.

Close to tears.

What a ****ing man. (As is Coleman for how he has picked a group of players up that were no doubt on the floor, kept what worked and added his own ideas)

A semi could potentially be Croatia/Poland as well ... I mean, good teams but it's not Germany, Spain, France, is it

Yet another gift from England deciding to not bother with this whole goals thing. You should thank Russia too for allowing you to tickle their belly

Presume you lot have re-checked the UEFA portal for tickets? Quite a few England v Iceland went on sale earlier today apparently.

Yeah, tried to get NI tickets and was on from 12.45 but no luck.

Ferry booked for Lille next week and will go with or without a ticket should we progress past NI.

Only £20 each to book it. Happy to risk losing that.

Nervous as hell. Something tells me I should believe in this group of players and management a lot more than I have in recent ones but if I start to believe we'll win then the disappointment if we implode will hurt even more!

Player for player we are better overall.

Steven Davis is quality, we need to get on top of him and Norwood.

Nah, over the course of our 4 previous confrontations I don't think you guys gave us even a quarter of the space the Hungarians gave us last night. Besides we still looked vulnerable on the counter.

and yet England still beat them.

Yeah, this post a microcosm of England's problems.

Too much investment on individual results to be able to understand the realities of tournament football.

You beat us? Big whoop.

Who finished top of the group?

Who is in the quarter final?

Really doesn't matter what you say or do now, or how the game in the group stage went. We've gone further in the competition than you.

What a fantastic tournament this has been.

And the only two teams to have scored in every game? Wales and Iceland :D

They reckon over 100k Belgians are heading to France on Friday. It's going to be some party. Absolutely loved their fans at the home and away game in the qualifiers, and a load of them we met over in France. Couldn't have asked for a better opponent :thup:

Archived